Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,626 members, 7,823,758 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed (65623 Views)

My Japa Plan For This Year Is Shaking / Advise A Tech Bro On His Japa Plan / My Japa Relocation To Moscow Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by whitejs: 3:24am On Oct 28, 2023
Godwin4444:
op Abeg no listen to this guy ooo

Forex don cast ooo, this guy just wan use your money do trial n error

Oh
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by agabusta: 4:14am On Oct 28, 2023
Athena6:

I was actually given this advice months ago when the dollar was 950 or so but my thought process was that the dollar might come down and I will lose money 😔 even now, I made the calculations

If I use 4M to buy dollar, that will be 3200 dollars and if dollar increases, say 2000 by this year ending or so, I would make an extra 2.4M but if dollar decreases I will lose a lot of money.

Nigeria is a very weird place, the dollar market is so unpredictable.
I am still thinking of it sha

Since the plan is to travel abroad, money kept in dollars is secured and would not lose value.
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by agabusta: 4:31am On Oct 28, 2023
Purvan:

You must be joking, try day get facts right

Nothing is happening in Mexico , All those shi are propaganda bûllshit

I've been in Mexico and lived there for 7 years

You're going to enjoy life in Mexico more than anywhere else

Back in 90s Mexico you used to streets filled with dead bodies by cartel now it's you hardly see those because cartel are into hiding
Mexican feds are not joking nowadays

80% of Americans day go Mexico on regular , imagine you way be nigerian come day fear because of wetin you watch for film

Pic is Mexican president amidst a crowd
Can your president do this ?

Interesting!

I was surprised with multiple sources stating that Mexico is the world's number 2 choice destination for tourism after France.

Most sites listed the countries visited by the highest number of tourists in this grading:

1. France
2. Mexico
3. Spain

What are the interesting things to do and places to see in Mexico please? How cheap is Hotel? Which Airlines frequent? What's their visa regime like?
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by AllDModsAreMaad: 5:07am On Oct 28, 2023
LoveJesus87:
it is called LATE ENTRY

And na dem dey hear am pass, I mean those late entries.

1 Like

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Purvan(m): 5:15am On Oct 28, 2023
agabusta:

Interesting!

I was surprised with multiple sources stating that Mexico is the world's number 2 choice destination for tourism after France.

Most sites listed the countries visited by the highest number of tourists in this grading:

1. France
2. Mexico
3. Spain

What are the interesting things to do and places to see in Mexico please? How cheap is Hotel? Which Airlines frequent? What's their visa regime like?

You can go clubbing, try mexican foods, get some blessings from the blessed iguana etc.

Visit Cancun. They got clubs and bars with gorgeous Latinas that'll make your head spin. the hotel prices are pretty reasonable. You can get a nice room for like $50 a night.

But Cancun ain't the only spot worth checking out. Playa del Carmen is another hotspot, with its restaurants. And if you're feeling adventurous, you can take a trip to Tulum, which has these sick Mayan ruins.

Avoid Juarez and Sinaloa .

Delta, American Airlines, and United all fly frequently to Mexico, so you got plenty of options. Just apply online, pay a small fee, and boom! You're good to go.

But here's the thing: you gotta be careful with Latinas. They might look innocent, but they got some fierce game. They're not like nigerian girls

Don't forget to bring your dancing shoes. See you there, amigos!

2 Likes

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by LoveJesus87(m): 7:17am On Oct 28, 2023
AllDModsAreMaad:

And na dem dey hear am pass, I mean those late entries.
na dem dey pay nw. grin
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by LoveJesus87(m): 7:28am On Oct 28, 2023
sdavirus:

You don't know anything about Mexico clearly. My wife is Mexican.

If Mexico is so bad, your A-list American celebrities won't be trooping to Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Tulum, etc.

Last year, it was about 22pesos to a dollar, now it's 17 pesos to a dollar and expats in Mexico keep on lamenting. What's the value of your currency again?

Go check out the number of Americans running to Mexico to live and work.

Talk with people that live there or have been there. Not the news.

Mexico is light years ahead of Nigeria
wow...are u in Mexico now sir??

Someone was offering me Mexico on a platter of gold I was thinking of violence there

1 Like

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Kepukepu: 8:52am On Oct 28, 2023
vickydevoka:

You can learn them in 2 months. But consistency makes the difference. If you leave it , it will leave you. That's y most IT guys do tutorial, they are perfecting themselves
you cannot learn it in 2 months.

Let's bee sincere with ourselves.
You need at least 3 months to learn HTML, CSS and Javascript appropriately and even at that, you won't be very proficient.
You need another 1 month to learn frameworks and version control to be employable.

Coding is not really about writing code, is about solving problems and debugging which takes experience gained from many projects to achieve.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Kepukepu: 8:53am On Oct 28, 2023
LoveJesus87:
all by urself?
yes
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by AllDModsAreMaad: 9:05am On Oct 28, 2023
LoveJesus87:
na dem dey pay nw. grin

Omoh nothing like getting an update or info at the very first moment and having the mind to invest or process or do the investment or business deal.

I am sure many people made fortunes from that thing(I mean the free fall).
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by LoveJesus87(m): 9:45am On Oct 28, 2023
AllDModsAreMaad:

Omoh nothing like getting an update or info at the very first moment and having the mind to invest or process or do the investment or business deal.

I am sure many people made fortunes from that thing(I mean the free fall).
walai...
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by LoveJesus87(m): 9:45am On Oct 28, 2023
Kepukepu:
yes
wow. Thanks for the encouragement. God bless
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by agabusta: 9:50am On Oct 28, 2023
DaddyGngeess:
If you really have 5m it can get you to Europe now, schengen visas is cash and carry now, you don't pay a dime till you get ur visa, 3.5m, you can buy the most useless airline to travel also, air Morocco, their tickets ranges from 800 to 1.2m to Europe

You won't pay visa application fees?
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Centpico: 10:14am On Oct 28, 2023
LoveJesus87:
what's gig sir

Job
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by LoveJesus87(m): 2:20pm On Oct 28, 2023
Trinitycoy:
Your Japa idea is not failing if you are a skillful person. A global talent route can be assured if you have a skill in fashion, ICT, MUSIC etc. All information is available and processing is at most 4 weeks with 100% VISA.

Enlighten me Boss
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by samtol4(m): 2:27pm On Oct 28, 2023
Sweden, Austria , Denmark , Norway , Germany, and Belgium are good countries. Have an alternative plan to travel. More importantly ,you can get cheaper ticket if you book earlier

1 Like

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Love800(m): 3:36pm On Oct 28, 2023
Wats the difference between dorm acct and wallet?
Neyoohpompy:
Buy usdt and never save in any shit domicilliary account. Buy usdt and save in a private walllet.

1 Like

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Love800(m): 3:40pm On Oct 28, 2023
For the noodles part, is it by selling it raw or by cooking it like aboki?
Exceed15:
Baby pampers
Noodles
These sells like mad because of high demand. Thank me later.
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Prosperity4All: 5:02pm On Oct 28, 2023
DaddyGngeess:

Is almost the same thing over there, normally when the price of tickets go high here in Nigeria i always advice guys to fly from cotonu just two days ago i called my ticket agent in cotonu for a ticket to Madrid i was surprised she gaved me the same price here in Nigeria because our money is no longer more than cfa
She's cheating you.
Ask for the price of the tickets in US dollars (same airline, date and destination) you will see that the price from Cotonou is far cheaper than from Lagos. Has nothing to do with Naira to CFA exchange rate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Exceed15: 5:16pm On Oct 28, 2023
Love800:
For the noodles part, is it by selling it raw or by cooking it like aboki?

No o not cooked I mean raw in cartons. See ehn children consumes noodles heavily everyday .
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Love800(m): 6:33pm On Oct 28, 2023
Ok.
But wat abt selling the cooked one with egg like aboki. With jollof rice, fried chicken in the evenings. Is this a good biz.
Just asking sha
Exceed15:

No o not cooked I mean raw in cartons. See ehn children consumes noodles heavily everyday .
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Exceed15: 6:45pm On Oct 28, 2023
Love800:
Ok.
But wat abt selling the cooked one with egg like aboki. With jollof rice, fried chicken in the evenings. Is this a good biz.
Just asking sha

It is o my sister. I know some places in Abuja where people queue to buy it especially if you garnish it well. It is a must n fast meal for people who cannot cook. Another food that sells well is porridge beans, bread, dodo with soft drinks depending on the class of people in the area sha. Food business is the main thing now

1 Like

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Love800(m): 6:53pm On Oct 28, 2023
Tankz alot
I appreciate
Exceed15:

It is o my sister. I know some places in Abuja where people queue to buy it especially if you garnish it well. It is a must n fast meal for people who cannot cook. Another food that sells well is porridge beans, bread, dodo with soft drinks depending on the class of people in the area sha. Food business is the main thing now

1 Like

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by YoshihideSuga: 7:47pm On Oct 28, 2023
Kachidubem:
I've never seen a poor pharmacy owner or poor pharmacist all my life in Nigeria

This is actually true. It's one of the most regulated industries which favour members, unlike law. The number of schools offering Pharmacy are less than those offering Law.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by sdavirus: 8:46pm On Oct 28, 2023
LoveJesus87:
wow...are u in Mexico now sir??

Someone was offering me Mexico on a platter of gold I was thinking of violence there

Depends on where the location is. Normally, violence is towards the US border. In other words, just like In Nigeria, the North.

The South has no issues. Our areas are Progresso and Merida. Cancun as well. All extremely chill.

Not there now.

2 Likes

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by LoveJesus87(m): 10:03pm On Oct 28, 2023
sdavirus:

Depends on where the location is. Normally, violence is towards the US border. In other words, just like In Nigeria, the North.

The South has no issues. Our areas are Progresso and Merida. Cancun as well. All extremely chill.

Not there now.
ok boss. Do u advise I travel there sir?

And am a single man, what's the probability of getting to marry a Mexican?
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Swiftgrp: 12:57am On Oct 29, 2023
Athena6:
So Nigeria have finally happen to me, I thought if I save a little to the 5M I have, it would be able to leave this country by next year.

But right now, it is impossible, I saw on Twitter how a lady was begging money for flight ticket which was about 2.2M, just flight ticket o.

Months ago, a relative of mine told me someone is looking for a dependent and he will connect me to the person, he said the payment was 4M and I was not going to pay much after that and I will stay with the person in the UK before I settle on my own but I was forming big girl saying I will do my process by myself.

Now look, dollar have increased, the money is now worthless, anyway when there is life, there is hope.

Nairaland please help me think of a business to start with 2M, I can't just leave the money in the bank to keep on depreciating.

Thank you
Interesting thread.
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Swiftgrp: 1:11am On Oct 29, 2023
sdavirus:

You don't know anything about Mexico clearly. My wife is Mexican.

If Mexico is so bad, your A-list American celebrities won't be trooping to Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Tulum, etc.

Last year, it was about 22pesos to a dollar, now it's 17 pesos to a dollar and expats in Mexico keep on lamenting. What's the value of your currency again?

Go check out the number of Americans running to Mexico to live and work.

Talk with people that live there or have been there. Not the news.

Mexico is light years ahead of Nigeria
It depends on the location one stays in Mexico and/or Brazil like the OP said. Stay in crime-ridden areas of these countries and you'll regret! Cancun and other resort locations are definitely crowd pullers for American tourists and other Westerners like you stated. A friend of mine in the U.S. came back not too long ago from Cancun with a close relative and had a great time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Swiftgrp: 1:32am On Oct 29, 2023
Athena6:

This makes me laugh because I read news a lot and I see that there is a lot of cartels in Mexico and the county is worst than even Nigeria in tends of laws, the police are in the pocket of criminals.

Last month I even saw some tourist been kidnap in daylight, so to even think about traveling to Mexico, I ratuher just dash the money away
You are indeed very current in terms of global news. wink

Kidnappings and drug cartels co-exist in Mexico but then due diligence is the key to avoid the crime-ridden areas. Even in Brazil that was suggested to you to visit or travel to, you have to stay off the Favelas if you do not have a local guide or you're gonna get robbed at gunpoint. There are great and safer areas to stay in both countries though. The language barrier is what has to be initially overcome.

I would advice that you do not invest in buying USD like some folks here have suggested because the local currency will appreciate as soon as the refineries start working at near-capacity before the start of 2014 and there would be no need for importation of refined fuel with scarce hard currency. Other fiscal monetary measures too will kick in that will leave a lot of those who converted their Naira to USDT or USD in absolute shock.

Better to look for a way you can earn that hard currency while you're still based in Nigeria through capacity building and cross border investments.
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Solulu24: 4:12am On Oct 29, 2023
Let me give you an advice and I hope you take it.

Take N200k out of that money, just 200k o and use it it to buy clothing (could be tshirt, ladies tops and leggings, jeans etc) in bulk. Pick one or two and face them squarely. Create accounts on all social media platforms and set aside at least 21k to market the hell out of it per week on IG, that’s like 3k per day. As sales increase, increase your ad budget too, just make sure you are targeting properly.
Be consistent, put your all your energy into it and watch magic happen. This is a tested and trusted business advice I’m giving you. Infact, it applies to other products apart from clothing. Selling on social media is not as it used to be pre-subsidy removal but we still dey cash out o. Spend money on ads and create good and engaging content, they are definitely going to pay off.

I know how much I make from IG monthly and this a business that is just 2 years old. I personally don’t even dont even create content as much as I should and I’m still getting results. I don’t know you and you don’t know me, so I have nothing to gain from coming to tell you lies. Out of 5m, I think the amount I quoted is a small risk to take for a much bigger reward. I wish you best of luck.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by DonroxyII: 5:07am On Oct 29, 2023
Fugazy2023:

Invest some in forex trading and earn in dollars. I can trade for you and we share the profit 60% 40% monthly
Na dem grin
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by sdavirus: 11:31am On Oct 29, 2023
LoveJesus87:
ok boss. Do u advise I travel there sir?

And am a single man, what's the probability of getting to marry a Mexican?

It's 50/50. Many places, like in Mexico City, people tend to be in awe of black people. In some other places, you may face racism.

Your chances in everything is increased by being able to learn the language. If you can, try to get a remote job first, except you have substantial funds like 10-20k usd, cos like in Merida, one bedroom is 500$/mo on the average.

Everything is getting more expensive cos of the tons of Americans moving to Mexico.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

The New Lagos Airport Road President Buhari Will Be Commissioning - Photos / Iran Plane Crash: The victims Of Ukraine Flight By Nationality / Train Rams Into A Bus In Oshodi (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.