Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,579 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed (65548 Views)

My Japa Plan For This Year Is Shaking / Advise A Tech Bro On His Japa Plan / My Japa Relocation To Moscow Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by iykepromotions: 10:15pm On Oct 26, 2023
Why not convert few to dollars or pounds? Leaving all totally in Naira is not advisable.

Relocation is not easy, save your money in foreign currency till you find a good business to invest on. You can start domain flipping and earn in dollars without traveling out. Check out this awareness thread for free details; https://www.nairaland.com/4519087/how-rich-selling-expired-domain

Must you travel out before you start living a good life? Nawaao.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Cjizzy(m): 10:17pm On Oct 26, 2023
Athena6:

It's my cousin friend so it really not possible
Papa dey dupe pikin, daughter dey dupe mama, brother dey dupe brother.. You dey talk of "cousin friend"

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by PaulH07: 10:18pm On Oct 26, 2023
Athena6:
So Nigeria have finally happen to me, I thought if I save a little to the 5M I have, it would be able to leave this country by next year.

But right now, it is impossible, I saw on Twitter how a lady was begging money for flight ticket which was about 2.2M, just flight ticket o.

Months ago, a relative of mine told me someone is looking for a dependent and he will connect me to the person, he said the payment was 4M and I was not going to pay much after that and I will stay with the person in the UK before I settle on my own but I was forming big girl saying I will do my process by myself.

Now look, dollar have increased, the money is now worthless, anyway when there is life, there is hope.

Nairaland please help me think of a business to start with 2M, I can't just leave the money in the bank to keep on depreciating.

Thank you

You shoulda been saving in Dollars, that way you woulda cut your losses.

Now you gotta invest in Naija to grow the Naira. You got no choice man.

That was the plan all along, to keep Nigerians stuck in Naija.

You go no where ma nigggar, we go chop smelly ofada rice together man...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Cutehector(m): 10:18pm On Oct 26, 2023
Athena6:
So Nigeria have finally happen to me, I thought if I save a little to the 5M I have, it would be able to leave this country by next year.

But right now, it is impossible, I saw on Twitter how a lady was begging money for flight ticket which was about 2.2M, just flight ticket o.

Months ago, a relative of mine told me someone is looking for a dependent and he will connect me to the person, he said the payment was 4M and I was not going to pay much after that and I will stay with the person in the UK before I settle on my own but I was forming big girl saying I will do my process by myself.

Now look, dollar have increased, the money is now worthless, anyway when there is life, there is hope.

Nairaland please help me think of a business to start with 2M, I can't just leave the money in the bank to keep on depreciating.

Thank you
POF
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by betshopagent(m): 10:19pm On Oct 26, 2023
[color=#000099][/color]
Athena6:

Lesson learnt, any opportunity you see in Nigeria, just take it because by tomorrow, the prize would increase to 3×
Above all, save in dollars Sisi.

3 Likes

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Frezhkid10(m): 10:19pm On Oct 26, 2023
Athena6:

I was actually given this advice months ago when the dollar was 950 or so but my thought process was that the dollar might come down and I will lose money 😔 even now, I made the calculations

If I use 4M to buy dollar, that will be 3200 dollars and if dollar increases, say 2000 by this year ending or so, I would make an extra 2.4M but if dollar decreases I will lose a lot of money.

Nigeria is a very weird place, the dollar market is so unpredictable.
I am still thinking of it sha
That’s the risk wealthy take daily to stay rich..

4 Likes

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Cjizzy(m): 10:20pm On Oct 26, 2023
Wujio:

Even if you get a good idea you wouldnt embrace it. I can only say good or you. You all approwch things with the skeptic mindset of everythidng is a scam. It has backfired this time around. Almost everyone told you to buy dollars in August you refused. Smh

A fool can never recognize spund advice. It is obvious business isnt your forte. Keep your money in your savings account. Otherwise if you must do business go into wholesale and retail nylon sales. At least your money doesnt move far from you given your state of fear amd negative state of mind
Any businessman who doesn't weigh his options before investing is a FOOL!

5 Likes

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Traevis(m): 10:24pm On Oct 26, 2023
speedy0420:
Get a good pc and. Go into IT
Or move to places like Cotonou where processing oversea travels are cheaper
Speady enlighten me more on this!!

1 Like

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Fredchisom(m): 10:28pm On Oct 26, 2023
Those otilos jubilating 2day,
@the end of 7years & 7months,we shall count and know how many that survived

I hope they are buying fuel @1L/N160
I hope they are operating at exchange rate of $1/N200.

It's a very long ride .

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Atsujnr: 10:30pm On Oct 26, 2023
Athena6:

I was actually given this advice months ago when the dollar was 950 or so but my thought process was that the dollar might come down and I will lose money 😔 even now, I made the calculations

If I use 4M to buy dollar, that will be 3200 dollars and if dollar increases, say 2000 by this year ending or so, I would make an extra 2.4M but if dollar decreases I will lose a lot of money.

Even if dollar wants to drop it won't drop massively at once,the Abokis have it nd they control the market
U can never go wrong in buying dollars now

7 Likes

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Acidosis(m): 10:31pm On Oct 26, 2023
gunners160:
But wait ooo, una get mind oo. You have 5million and you wan japa. Gosh, I can't have that kind of money and be thinking of running away rather I will expand on what gave me the money. Yes , Nigeria is bad but if you are millionaire, you go enjoy the country die....

You are funny. A tiny office space in places like Ikeja in Lagos state cost over a million naira annually (excluding service charges, and agency and agreement fees).

Remove that amount from the "almighty" #5m.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by gbeseun(m): 10:31pm On Oct 26, 2023
Fugazy2023:

Invest some in forex trading and earn in dollars. I can trade for you and we share the profit 60% 40% monthly

Dem don come oo.
Fleeeee

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Mamadf: 10:31pm On Oct 26, 2023
Wujio:

Ive known your state of mind and fear. Abeg if you buy and save in dollars would it not be under your custody. A woman like you Mercy Eke bought dollar since around 500 Naira and has left it in her dorm ever since and is still leaving it. You people need to deal with your fears. If we point you in the right direction now you will also carry fear into it. Go into purcahse and sales of nylon. Your money stays with you.
Bros are you into this, because this is my route, though I started USD this month,I hope I am not late
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Godwin4444: 10:32pm On Oct 26, 2023
Fugazy2023:

Invest some in forex trading and earn in dollars. I can trade for you and we share the profit 60% 40% monthly
op Abeg no listen to this guy ooo

Forex don cast ooo, this guy just wan use your money do trial n error

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Adolfnigeria: 10:33pm On Oct 26, 2023
@Athena6

This isn't a lot of money.

My advice to you convert the part you don't need to dollars. Over 5 - 10 yrs period, the dollars does better than naira. Also, you are still young, the part you convert to dollars will serve you - when the opportunity comes to Jakpa.

Athena6:

Thank you

1 Like

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by DrAkpamudehe: 10:34pm On Oct 26, 2023
Athena6:

Thank you

Why don't u enter any ecowas country and book your ticket from there?

7 Likes

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by DavilPaul: 10:34pm On Oct 26, 2023
get a pc and learn data science

3 Likes

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Acidosis(m): 10:36pm On Oct 26, 2023
Athena6:

You must be ready to lose money to make "sporadic" money.

It's okay to play safe though and live a decent life but you see this wealth thing, you will have to forget it if you're not willing to take moderate to high risks.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by SamOchuko: 10:36pm On Oct 26, 2023
Athena6:

Thank you

You wanted to add a little more to the 5m you had but Nigeria happened to you and now you’re seeking for investment advice, your 5m automatically turned 2m, make una continue. Who like make he/she believe this lienus

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by kay29000(m): 10:36pm On Oct 26, 2023
LofP:
Flights from Ghana are cheaper. If you really want to leave nothing will stop you.

Exactly.

3 Likes

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Theunbothered: 10:37pm On Oct 26, 2023
gunners160:
But wait ooo, una get mind oo. You have 5million and you wan japa. Gosh, I can't have that kind of money and be thinking of running away rather I will expand on what gave me the money. Yes , Nigeria is bad but if you are millionaire, you go enjoy the country die....

This is poverty mentality speaking 5 million can't buy anything substantial anymore.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by elasticlala: 10:37pm On Oct 26, 2023
In life don't always give up easily.
There are many things that are involved here; save the money in $ as soon as possible. You can't be talking of investment in a country with an unstable and worsening economy as Nigeria. You night think that money is big but my dear, it is nothing and the value keeps reducing per minute.
Let me tell you my story...
I was saving money in Nigeria since last year April after I got my new job, trying to buy a good car ... by the time i was to buy the car this year, the price of the car doubled and everything became extremely expensive such that I was almost having depression because I couldn't even afford a Nigerian used of the type of car. So I decided that i was going to rather save more and use the money to Japa next year... but our plans are usually not God's. I got to the office one morning and saw an advert from nowhere in my mail, read through and I was qualified, applied for the job that morning and was invited for an interview 3 days after, followed by another interview a week later and then the final interview after one week. to the glory of God I was offered the job and 45 days later, I landed in the USA. The funny thing was that 3 days after I arrived, I was paid my first month salary and i started crying when I got home because it was more than my 5 years gross salary as a PhD holder in Nigeria. Moreover, it is not just the salary, you will start living a good life in a sane environment where you wouldn't have to be queueing to buy fuel, withdraw money, looking right and left before running to cross a road, always plug phone because NEPA will soon take light, buy rice and other items at home because the prices would soon increase et al... come on!
So, my dear don't EVER think of giving up and stay back....
Athena6:

Thank you

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Godwin4444: 10:37pm On Oct 26, 2023
somehow:

Before you knew how to spell FX, I made millions from it.

Infact, I even employed 4 people trading for me in my company.

So I know how to spot desperate people pretending to be traders.
the guy will just lie that he will use robot trading and set loss limit

When money vanish he go run away, it’s easy to identify those newbies

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Theunbothered: 10:37pm On Oct 26, 2023
Wujio:

I am investing a 3 M in Nigeria presently. Leave them alone they will never listen. They only see and think evil about Nigeria

In 4 - 8 years I'll come back to this

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Kobicove(m): 10:38pm On Oct 26, 2023
Cjizzy:
Papa dey dupe pikin, daughter dey dupe mama, brother dey dupe brother.. You dey talk of "cousin friend"

grin
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by shevy45(m): 10:38pm On Oct 26, 2023
Automobile
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Unrated900(m): 10:39pm On Oct 26, 2023
Don't try this

quote author=speedy0420 post=126630270]Get a good pc and. Go into IT
Or move to places like Cotonou where processing oversea travels are cheaper [/quote]

1 Like

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Babaoil: 10:39pm On Oct 26, 2023
Mark my words a dollar is going to #1500 before the end of the year

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Kobicove(m): 10:39pm On Oct 26, 2023
PaulH07:

You shoulda been saving in Dollars, that way you woulda cut your losses.

Now you gotta invest in Naija to grow the Naira. You got no choice man.

That was the plan all along, to keep Nigerians stuck in Naija.

You go no where ma nigggar, we go chop smelly ofada rice together man...

Oga, no be man na woman smiley

1 Like

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by vickydevoka(m): 10:39pm On Oct 26, 2023
gunners160:
I agree with you bro but it depends. If you are young and single, u can give yourself five yrs in the UK n come bk. Most celebrities started outside the country. As a student with 2 yr student visa, he comfortably saved 20 something million and he only spent 4.5 million. Though I will work n pay off your school fees . Imagine giving you extra post study visa. Your work for 2 yrs again . I will comfortably save over 50 million . Now I will take your time and come back n do business.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by CursedOsuPigs: 10:39pm On Oct 26, 2023
Athena6:

Thank you

You made a big mistake by not following what your cousin told you. It was the best alternative for you. It pays to be the dependant than being the main applicant. The main applicant cannot work full time for any other employer but you as a dependant can work anywhere.

In this scheme, it's even better to be an arranged dependant than the main applicant.

1 Like

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Johncuppa(m): 10:40pm On Oct 26, 2023
betshopagent:
[color=#000099][/color]Above all, save in dollars Sisi.
Abi, to think of anything, first of all save in dollar.
This one people are now buying dollar to key, plus, bankers will even prefer to sell to aboki than at IE window like they sold new currency to POS operator is a clear sign, that dollar is not coming down any moment from now.
Except, many miracle happens and God intervenes .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far / Passport: Nigerian Immigration Reacted To Widespread About The New Passport / Lomé - Capital City Of Togo pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.