Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,005 members, 7,863,633 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:01 PM

Does God Exist? - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Exist? (18461 Views)

Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? / There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist / Even If God Exist, It Can’t Be The Christian God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (63) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 4:09am On Nov 03, 2023
jaephoenix:

1. Proven facts
2. What scientific terms are you on about?
3. Ok
4. Yup. Arthropod eyes evolved from simple to more complex organs

1. Based on what? Assumptions?
2. Consult a scientific Journal
3. Ok
4. From arthropods to humans, the eyes was playing hanky panky between simple and complex grin

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 4:12am On Nov 03, 2023
jaephoenix:

1. Darwin was a Christian though not orthodox in his views
2. Atheists don't follow authorities. I myself would not become a Christian if Hawkins rises up from the dead and tells me atheism is wrong and Yahweh is god. He'll have to show me evidence. If he doesn't, then he can kiss my black hairy ass
3. So I checked out Darwin's view about the eye. He said its absurd to think the eye evolved. He has been proved wrong.
So what is the problem here? How does this relate to the topic of this thread?

1. Christian kor? Ifa nii

2. If evolution is a scientific fact? Did they use the scientific approach?

3. Who proved him wrong? You think say human eye na toy gun grin grin grin

Even Alfred Wallace later gave credit to the intelligent 'mind'. Tell me I'm lying

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 4:13am On Nov 03, 2023
jaephoenix:

Again, for the umpteenth time, which of Darwin's teachings has been found to be wrong?

Who's teachings has been undergoing Modification from time to time that even scientists including evolutionists could not even agree on the basis of his 'teachings'

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:45am On Nov 03, 2023
cornelboy:

No wahala smiley

There are many people who feel something is missing in religion but they are ready to learn if they can find someone to enlighten them.

When we come in contact with those who have sealed their hearts not to reason there's no need wasting our precious time with such ones {Matthew 10:14} because there are many sheep of the house of Israel out there {Matthew 10:6} that we must fish out! Mark 1:17 smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? by Lawag3: 6:38am On Nov 03, 2023
jaephoenix:

How?

You tell me how it's right. One point against evolution is the lack of transitional fossils. If evolution were true, there should be an abundance of fossils showing the gradual evolution of one species into another. However, there are very few fossils that could be considered true transitional forms. Instead, there are many "gaps" in the fossil record where there should be transitional forms, but none have been found. Another point against evolution is the Cambrian Explosion, when a large number of complex animals suddenly appeared in the fossil record without any simpler predecessors.
Re: Does God Exist? by Maynman: 6:54am On Nov 03, 2023
cornelboy:

Okay wink
Yes, Only a lifeless person can create life cheesy
Re: Does God Exist? by cornelboy(f): 8:09am On Nov 03, 2023
Aemmyjah:

With the scientific approach?
Lol 😂 evolution na science myth and old wife's tales. How their father take know wetin happen millions of years ago.

He said something about DNA and I asked him how the DNA got there and who or what coded it, his brain went blank.
Re: Does God Exist? by cornelboy(f): 8:16am On Nov 03, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Good point
Have you studied the DNA?
Scientist called it the 'book of life' cos if contains all the information about the organism
Which of your parent created the DNA?

Now answer this
The DNA is a marvel of design or mere chance?

As any geneticist that question, they cannot Yes confidently
It is far possible to see a skyscraper in a village built by no one than to think the DNA came by itself
That's where you atheists have no wisdom
Well said!
Atheist na follow follow people jàre.
Wetin dẹ surprise me be say how a normal person go think say things came by chance, nobody planned and created them oga o
Re: Does God Exist? by Maynman: 8:32am On Nov 03, 2023
cornelboy:

how a normal person go think say things came by chance, nobody planned and created them oga o
The body that planned and created them came by chance? How is this thinking normal?

You are a Jehovah witness, forever indebted to watchtower and their Governing board and you are talking about follow follow?
Please read Matthew 7:1-5.

Re: Does God Exist? by Emusan(m): 8:33am On Nov 03, 2023
jaephoenix:

I took my time and watched the 10 min clip, and I'm yet to see how this relates to Yahweh. Please enlighten me

So you're looking for Yahweh in the video. cheesy grin cheesy grin

Well, the purpose of that video is that evolution is a lie.
Re: Does God Exist? by Emusan(m): 8:34am On Nov 03, 2023
Maynman:

The video just proves evolution.
That same process is repeated in other animals.

So there's Miracles and Divinity in evolution, isn't that wonderful? cheesy grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Does God Exist? by Maynman: 8:36am On Nov 03, 2023
Emusan:

So there's Miracles and Divinity in evolution, isn't that wonderful? cheesy grin cheesy cheesy
Turning water to wine is example of miracle right?
And Jesus been born of a virgin, is "divinity"?
Do you know divine and devil (Daeva) comes from same root and mean same thing.

Do you know Barabbas in the gospel other name is Jesus.
And do you also know that bar abbas means son of the Father.
So Jesus, son of the father, who did they say he was?
Re: Does God Exist? by Emusan(m): 8:39am On Nov 03, 2023
Maynman:

Turning water to wine is example of miracle right?
And Jesus been born of a virgin, is "divinity"?
Do you know divine and devil (Daeva) comes from same root and mean same thing.

Do you know Barabbas in the gospel other name is Jesus.
And do you also know that bar abbas means son of the Father.
So Jesus, son of the father, who did they say he was?

Focus on the point.

That video talks about conception to birth as MIRACLES, DIVINITY and beyond any Human comprehension.

Is that how evolution works?
Re: Does God Exist? by Maynman: 8:42am On Nov 03, 2023
Emusan:

Focus on the point.

That video talks about conception to birth as MIRACLES, DIVINITY and beyond any Human comprehension.

Is that how evolution works?
Have knowledge on the point you are focusing on.

Turning water to wine is example of MIRACLE right?
And Jesus been born of a virgin, is "DIVINITY"?
Do you know divine and devil (Daeva) comes from same root and mean same thing?

What humans knew a thousand years ago is not what they know now but if they had stop thinking and attributed it to miracle and divinity, wishy washy words, they wouldn't have progressed.
Re: Does God Exist? by Emusan(m): 8:43am On Nov 03, 2023
Maynman:

Have knowledge on the point you are focusing on.

Turning water to wine is example of MIRACLE right?
And Jesus been born of a virgin, is "DIVINITY"?
Do you know divine and devil (Daeva) comes from same root and mean same thing?

What humans knew a thousand years ago is not what they know now.

You said the video supported evolution.

You keep dancing around.
Re: Does God Exist? by Maynman: 8:44am On Nov 03, 2023
Emusan:

You said the video supported evolution.

You keep dancing around.
What's evolution?
How did the sperm and egg start and how did it progress?
What more example of evolution do you want?

It's you that's dancing in ignorance.

Re: Does God Exist? by cornelboy(f): 8:45am On Nov 03, 2023
Maynman:

The body that planned and created them came by chance? How is this thinking normal?

You are a Jehovah witness, forever indebted to watchtower and their Governing board and you are talking about follow follow?
Please read Matthew 7:1-5.
Okay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? by Maynman: 8:46am On Nov 03, 2023
cornelboy:

Okay
Matthew 7:1-5.

Re: Does God Exist? by budaatum: 9:26am On Nov 03, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:
If you had not hastily jumped on budaatum's shit, you would have seen that the bold is what I was complaining of in my thread which budaatum raised for children have no farms or businesses so why force them to learn square roots and compound interest?

A child is not dying yet and going to heaven so why force it to learn ABC, is your reasoning, but you wouldn't see it.

Square roots is at the foundational level of maths, like 1, 2, 3, just much later, on which a whole heap of further maths is built. Which is why it is introduced early so you acquire the basic knowledge that will give you the ability to learn and know more.

Just as it's dumb to wait till you need to go to heaven before learning the Way, so is it stupid to wait to learn about square roots and compound interest until you need it.

That said. What age do you think a child should learn square roots?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? by budaatum: 9:53am On Nov 03, 2023
Aemmyjah:

You are not making sense but diverting my question
The universality and diversity of religion amd worship among humans only gives evidence that there's no God right?

'The universality of religions', I'm certain you mean. As in the fact that religions are universal, to wit, all societies have had and have religions.

The diversity of religions, also I think you mean, since societies differ immensely in how and what they worship.

If the two premises above are true, that humans universally have diverse religions and diverse modes of what they worship, does that not, going by your reasoning, "prove" that there are many gods?

Of course, you do err in claiming "humans give evidence", which is why I introduced you to the Scientific Method of use your own heart and soul and mind and being to ask and knock and seek and learn and know the standards of what is accepted as evidence. But listening to DT claiming children shouldn't be "forced to learn square roots" because they are not selling land, I wouldn't be surprised if you haven't yet learnt to look because you don't want to see yet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 10:12am On Nov 03, 2023
budaatum:

'The universality of religions', I'm certain you mean. As in the fact that religions are universal, to wit, all societies have had and have religions.

The diversity of religions, also I think you mean, since societies differ immensely in how and what they worship.

If the two premises above are true, that humans universally have diverse religions and diverse modes of what they worship, does that not, going by your reasoning, "prove" that there are many gods?

Of course, you do err in claiming "humans give evidence", which is why I introduced you to the Scientific Method of use your own heart and soul and mind and being to ask and knock and seek and learn and know the standards of what is accepted as evidence. But listening to DT claiming children shouldn't be "forced to learn square roots" because they are not selling land, I wouldn't be surprised if you haven't yet learnt to look because you don't want to see yet.

Square root is part of mathematical learning
You don't even show common sense
Jumping from one thing to another
From scientific approach to technology to human eye to God evolving to Jesus to square roots

Religion is not tribal but universal
Language differences and cultural background has not erased religion
Evidence that the object of worship does not exist?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? by budaatum: 10:40am On Nov 03, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Religion is not tribal but universal
Religion is culturally dependent. And cultures can be tribes or location dependent. It's why we Yorubas worshipped Shango and Ogun instead of Ikenga and Ekwensu, and don't have the Bori religion and worship Isoki.

Aemmyjah:
Language differences and cultural background has not erased religion.
And no one said it has. Cultural backgrounds included religions and language, especially the written ones, and pretty much influenced each other.

Languages tended to ride in on the back of religion. You speak English because the god book you were given is in English, and some speak Arabic because the god book they read was in Arabic. Like programming, really. You believe what you're fed.

The English you read today was made to evolve into what it is by the introduction of the Authorised Version, which standardised the language and effectively programmed the Britons and all those they fed it to.
Re: Does God Exist? by Fourthpredator: 11:22am On Nov 03, 2023
jaephoenix:

So there is a 'real god'? Interesting….
So how did u arrive at the conclusion that
1) your god is the real deal
2) he/she/they in fact created the world
Hey jae,stop stressing yourself these theist will never learn,I know that because when I was still a christian I was as bullheaded as the rest of them. These arguments are going nowhere because the theist are arguing for an intelligent designer and even if there is an intelligent designer why must it be your god, why not allah, zeus,sango,thor,odin etc.
They might break free or they might not, it's their problem. You should be happy that we will win in the end because religion is dying as people become educated and more prosperous they would start to ask the difficult question and as scientists become smarter the domain of 'god did it' will shrink until we wake up one day and discover that religion is just some silly thing our ignorant forefathers practiced.

4 Likes

Re: Does God Exist? by LordReed(m): 1:18pm On Nov 03, 2023
Fourthpredator:

Hey jae,stop stressing yourself these theist will never learn,I know that because when I was still a christian I was as bullheaded as the rest of them. These arguments are going nowhere because the theist are arguing for an intelligent designer and even if there is an intelligent designer why must it be your god, why not allah, zeus,sango,thor,odin etc.
They might break free or they might not, it's their problem. You should be happy that we will win in the end because religion is dying as people become educated and more prosperous they would start to ask the difficult question and as scientists become smarter the domain of 'god did it' will shrink until we wake up one day and discover that religion is just some silly thing our ignorant forefathers practiced.

For the sake of generations unborn let's hope so.
Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 2:44pm On Nov 03, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

If you had not hastily jumped on budaatum's shit, you would have seen that the bold is what I was complaining of in my thread which budaatum raised for children have no farms or businesses so why force them to learn square roots and compound interest?

Is it not adults who own farms and businesses and if they had problems with their engagements they definitely would seek out a solution to it?

That is one of the points I was making in my thread which you have just restated.

So don't leap before you look!

Does it occur to you that learning square roots can make their work easier?
Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 2:46pm On Nov 03, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Do you not see that you contradicting yourself with your bad reasoning when you said "the person that put the maize in the oven or microwave created the popcorn"?

That is the trap you entered and can't get out of becsuse of that bad reasoning.

Is popcorn the same as maize? Arent you seeing the difference?
Re: Does God Exist? by budaatum: 2:51pm On Nov 03, 2023
LordReed:

You know very well, my Lord, that we don't hope. Instead, we respond not to educate the op but all those who will stumble upon this thread.

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 2:53pm On Nov 03, 2023
cornelboy:

I won't derail the thread any further. We could continue our discussion about how creation came to be in another thread later.

Here's a simple fact, "the universe and everything in it are not without a mastermind".
Stay safe.
No. You haven't derailed the thread. We are talking about the credibility of the creation story, and against evolution. So we are still on topic. So don't run away

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 2:58pm On Nov 03, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Oga
You are not making sense but diverting my question
The universality and diversity of religion amd worship among humans only gives evidence that there's no God right?
Olodo
It simply shows how the human mind work. The human mind(especially the illiterate mind) fixes god into the gaps of knowledge. They fixed it when there was nil knowledge about rain, thunder etc. Now we know how all those happened, you have fixed it into the origin of humankind. If science fixes that, it would be the biggest knowledge jump ever
So no, the diversity of religion only points to ignorance

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 3:01pm On Nov 03, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Iphones can be evolved?
Do they evolve by themselves?
Yes or No?
Lemme help you outta your misery.
I said iphones can be evolved. And not iPhones evolved(even if I said the later, I'm still correct theoretically)
IPhones can be evolved because their manufacturers(who are humans) change their designs, hardware, software etc, over time. That is the evolution

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? by Image123(m): 3:01pm On Nov 03, 2023
LordReed:

Jokers. As long as man has soul and spirit, he will continue to look for God or gods, like he continues to breathe oxygen.
Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 3:14pm On Nov 03, 2023
Aemmyjah:

I am talking about what is now taught in biology classes?
Keep evading questions that are too high for you
Please which questions am I evading

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (63) (Reply)

Dr. Fayemi Meets Leadership Of Deeper Christian Life Ministry / Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? / Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.