Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,370 members, 7,815,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

Does God Exist? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Exist? (16838 Views)

Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? / There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist / Even If God Exist, It Can’t Be The Christian God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (63) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 1:29pm On Oct 28, 2023
budaatum:

So, a group of people who worship a stone or a book are fulfilling the need put in them by their creator the book or the stone?

https://www.nairaland.com/7707569/how-gods-made/1#123565636

Science has their own limits
If science is your god, fine
Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 1:29pm On Oct 28, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

NO.
Let's say the fairy book a misnomer for the bible doesn't exist or let's say we both don't know neither to read nor write, but we speak the same language. How do you convince me that there is some god somewhere?

Okay! If some god who created the whole world and everything in it; gave mouth, ears, eyes to people, yet that god refused to communicate with people in no straight kind of way, isn't that tantamount to mediocrity?

What's it going to cost the god of the whole universe to just go like "Hey guys! I'm your god. What's poppin' thru?"?
So far so good, no god has been able to do that.
It can only mean one thing. There is no god

Ur comments are well read and ignored
Nice try
Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 1:34pm On Oct 28, 2023
Xxxxtentacion2:
what is your question

U said something else must have made the universe and not the God of the Bible
And I asked
That something else does not want itself to be known by its creation right?
Re: Does God Exist? by Xxxxtentacion2: 1:40pm On Oct 28, 2023
Aemmyjah:

U said something else must have made the universe and not the God of the Bible
And I asked
That something else does not want itself to be known by its creation right?
maybe. if it wanted to be known he wouldnt be playing hide and seek with humans.
Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 1:51pm On Oct 28, 2023
Xxxxtentacion2:
maybe. if it wanted to be known he wouldnt be playing hide and seek with humans.

Maybe you were looking elsewhere.

His fingerprint is all over creation that no man can excuse it. According to you, the one who put spiritual need in mqn will be playing hide and seek?
Re: Does God Exist? by Xxxxtentacion2: 2:05pm On Oct 28, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Maybe you were looking elsewhere.

His fingerprint is all over creation that no man can excuse it. According to you, the one who put spiritual need in mqn will be playing hide and seek?
those fingerprints dont point to a God they point to something else. A God is supposed to create something that is perfect not a world with disasters, death and so much unnecassary suffering. Creation is not a fingerprint for a God. God is fictitous and a figment of imagination.
Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 2:48pm On Oct 28, 2023
Xxxxtentacion2:
those fingerprints dont point to a God they point to something else. A God is supposed to create something that is perfect not a world with disasters, death and so much unnecassary suffering. Creation is not a fingerprint for a God. God is fictitous and a figment of imagination.

Just as we have inventors, we have Fathers
God is used to describe the one that made all things
You're not even making sense to yourself
If this were a law court and you were trying to defend your client, I'd have sentenced you and your client to jail until you both learn how to present concrete arguments based on evidence

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? by sonmvayina(m): 2:55pm On Oct 28, 2023
LordReed:
What is a god?

Consciousness......
Re: Does God Exist? by LordReed(m): 3:30pm On Oct 28, 2023
sonmvayina:

Consciousness......

Then I don't need to call it another name.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does God Exist? by Xxxxtentacion2: 3:32pm On Oct 28, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Just as we have inventors, we have Fathers
God is used to describe the one that made all things
You're not even making sense to yourself
If this were a law court and you were trying to defend your client, I'd have sentenced you and your client to jail until you both learn how to present concrete arguments based on evidence
if you say God made all things then this presents a dilema did God also create evil if your answer is yes then why did God create evil if your answer is no then it means God did not create everything...
Re: Does God Exist? by budaatum: 3:51pm On Oct 28, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Science has their own limits
If science is your god, fine

Science is not a god! Science is simply a method of using one's senses (heart and soul and mind and being) to ask and knock and seek for knowledge.

Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 4:28pm On Oct 28, 2023
budaatum:

Science is not a god! Science is simply a method of using one's senses (heart and soul and mind and being) to ask and knock and seek for knowledge.

Has science follow these same steps regarding evolution? grin

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by budaatum: 7:16pm On Oct 28, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Has science follow these same steps regarding evolution? grin

Science does not follow. It is human beings who use their senses in a scientific way by adhering to the scientific method instead of making things up.
Re: Does God Exist? by sonmvayina(m): 7:37pm On Oct 28, 2023
LordReed:

Then I don't need to call it another name.

In stories, it is usually personified...

Hence the name, just for that purpose....
Re: Does God Exist? by LordReed(m): 10:19pm On Oct 28, 2023
sonmvayina:

In stories, it is usually personified...

Hence the name, just for that purpose....

Well good for them, I don't see the need though. Anthropomorpising things doesn't make them any more profound than they already are. Why not just enjoy it that way, why put on the disguise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? by sonmvayina(m): 10:48pm On Oct 28, 2023
LordReed:

Well good for them, I don't see the need though. Anthropomorpising things doesn't make them any more profound than they already are. Why just enjoy it that way, why put on the disguise.

Lol...

Not everyone is as wise as you are...

They must be thought...to know..
Re: Does God Exist? by mysticwarrior(m): 11:16pm On Oct 28, 2023
Aemmyjah:
Does God Exist?
The Bible’s answer
Yes, the Bible provides compelling evidence that God exists. It encourages us to build faith in God, not by blindly believing religious assertions, but by using our “power of reason” and “mental perception.” (Romans 12:1; 1 John 5:​20, footnote) Consider the following lines of reasoning based on the Bible:

1. The existence of an orderly universe containing life points to a Creator. The Bible says: “Of course, every house is constructed by someone, but the one who constructed all things is God.” (Hebrews 3:4) Although this logic is simple, many well-educated people find it to be powerful. For example, the late astronomer Allan Sandage once said regarding the universe: “I find it quite improbable that such order came out of chaos. There has to be some organizing principle. God to me is a mystery, but is the explanation for the miracle of existence, why there is something instead of nothing.”

2. As humans, we have an innate desire to understand the meaning and purpose of life, a type of hunger that can remain after our physical needs have been met. This is part of what the Bible calls our “spiritual need,” which includes the desire to know and worship God. (Matthew 5:3; Revelation 4:​11) This spiritual need not only gives evidence that God exists but also indicates that he is a loving Creator who wants us to satisfy that need.​—Matthew 4:4.

3. Detailed prophecies in the Bible were written centuries ahead of time and came true exactly as predicted. The accuracy and detail of those predictions strongly suggest that they came from a superhuman source.​—2 Peter 1:​21.

4. Bible writers had scientific knowledge that was beyond the understanding of their contemporaries. For example, in ancient times many peoples believed that the earth was supported by an animal, such as an elephant, a boar, or an ox. In contrast, the Bible says that God is “suspending the earth upon nothing.” (Job 26:7) Similarly, the Bible correctly describes the shape of the earth as a “sphere,” or “globe.” (Isaiah 40:22, footnote; Douay Version) Many people feel that the most reasonable explanation for such advanced understanding is that Bible writers received their information from God.

5. The Bible answers many difficult questions, the type of questions that when not satisfactorily answered can lead a person to atheism. For example: If God is loving and all-powerful, why is there suffering and evil in the world? Why is religion so often an influence for bad rather than for good?​—Titus 1:​16.

***For example, the late astronomer Allan Sandage once said regarding the universe: “I find it quite improbable that such order came out of chaos. There has to be some organizing principle. God to me is a mystery, but is the explanation for the miracle of existence, why there is something instead of nothing.”

©https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/does-god-exist/
The God you talked about is the same God enshrined in Hebrew history and christian belief right? is there any other account of the same supreme being called "God" from any other acknowledgeable and acceptable historical sources?

Secondly there were claims of the Hebrew God dividing the red sea in Egypt, the Egyptians are known to have a well documented details of their history for thousans of years, and Egypt is where the finest archeologist visit to make excavation to uncover what happened in the past.

It should be noted that till date there have not been any account written in ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs which suggests of a Hebrew God dividing the red sea.

Let me remind you that it is an acceptable standard in every constitution that in order to ascertain a fair judgement an account on both side has to be taken into serious consideration, examined by camparative analysis in order to arrive at a valid conclusion. But some people do not want to study the Egyptian side of the story in order not to question the Hebrew claims. This is not right and I hope am not wrong but if am wrong I would love to be proven wrong with reasonable explanation.

3 Likes

Re: Does God Exist? by LordReed(m): 11:40pm On Oct 28, 2023
sonmvayina:

Lol...

Not everyone is as wise as you are...

They must be thought...to know..

Well I guess as a teaching tool for developing minds it might be helpful to use anthropomorphism. However I think it should be made clear that's what it is, people seem to easily conflate these things.
Re: Does God Exist? by sonmvayina(m): 1:16pm On Oct 29, 2023
LordReed:

Well I guess as a teaching tool for developing minds it might be helpful to use anthropomorphism. However I think it should be made clear that's what it is, people seem to easily conflate these things.

Yes they do...

And the remaining folks just get excited about it...
Re: Does God Exist? by LordReed(m): 2:13pm On Oct 29, 2023
sonmvayina:

Yes they do...

And the remaining folks just get excited about it...

LoLz.
Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 6:50pm On Oct 29, 2023
mysticwarrior:
The God you talked about is the same God enshrined in Hebrew history and christian belief right? is there any other account of the same supreme being called "God" from any other acknowledgeable and acceptable historical sources?

Secondly there were claims of the Hebrew God dividing the red sea in Egypt, the Egyptians are known to have a well documented details of their history for thousans of years, and Egypt is where the finest archeologist visit to make excavation to uncover what happened in the past.

It should be noted that till date there have not been any account written in ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs which suggests of a Hebrew God dividing the red sea.

Let me remind you that it is an acceptable standard in every constitution that in order to ascertain a fair judgement an account on both side has to be taken into serious consideration, examined by camparative analysis in order to arrive at a valid conclusion. But some people do not want to study the Egyptian side of the story in order not to question the Hebrew claims. This is not right and I hope am not wrong but if am wrong I would love to be proven wrong with reasonable explanation.

I was speaking in a general sense and even used logic

Poor critic

Remember that the scribes and priests were the organizers behind the writings and their history.
Would they record the account when their gods were humiliated?

I was talking about the Creator God
U can't disprove what I said that find fault in what u don't see in some ancient Egyptian records

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 6:51pm On Oct 29, 2023
budaatum:

Science does not follow. It is human beings who use their senses in a scientific way by adhering to the scientific method instead of making things up.

That's hypocrisy
Setting a standard for something before it is confirmed as fact but exempting that from evolution yet call it fact

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by budaatum: 8:02pm On Oct 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

That's hypocrisy
Setting a standard for something before it is confirmed as fact but exempting that from evolution yet call it fact

Explain what you mean by "Setting a standard for something".

In the meantime, read up on evolution so you at least show you know what you are talking about.
Re: Does God Exist? by mysticwarrior(m): 8:03pm On Oct 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

I was speaking in a general sense and even used logic

Poor critic

Remember that the scribes and priests were the organizers behind the writings and their history.
Would they record the account when their gods were humiliated?

I was talking about the Creator God
U can't disprove what I said that find fault in what u don't see in some ancient Egyptian records
Without using Biblical sources, I was expecting you to contest my write up using acknowledgeable reference to convince me of the existence of "the creator God you mentioned" but you just disappoint yourself more with such an awkward and illogical way of thinking.

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:20pm On Oct 29, 2023
mysticwarrior:
Without using Biblical sources, I was expecting you to contest my write up using acknowledgeable reference to convince me of the existence of "the creator God you mentioned" but you just disappoint yourself more with such an awkward and illogical way of thinking.

I was talking qnd presenting logic about existence of the Creator God
You are talking about an event

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:21pm On Oct 29, 2023
budaatum:

Explain what you mean by "Setting a standard for something".

In the meantime, read up on evolution so you at least show you know what you are talking about.

Oga
Evolution has met scientific approach
Yes or No?

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by budaatum: 8:26pm On Oct 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Oga
Yes or No?

No. Humans are the ones who are supposed to adopt the scientific approach, instead of making up crap to believe without evidence.

Not crossing a busy road without checking you wouldn't be hit by a car is a simple use of the scientific approach, as opposed to not checking with your senses and stepping into the road. You also wouldn't build a bridge based on your belief, but would test your beliefs before building so you don't build a bridge that would collapse.
Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:32pm On Oct 29, 2023
budaatum:

No. Humans are the ones who are supposed to adopt the scientific approach, instead of making up crap to believe without evidence.

Not crossing a busy road without checking you wouldn't be hit by a car is a simple use of the scientific approach, as opposed to not checking with your senses and stepping into the road. You also wouldn't build a bridge based on your belief, but would test your beliefs before building so you don't build a bridge that would collapse.

Leave story
Yes kr No?

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by budaatum: 8:33pm On Oct 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Leave story
Yes kr No?

Evolution has been confirmed by use of the scientific approach. You'd even see Yahweh evolving into Jesus if you read your Bible from start to finish.
Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:35pm On Oct 29, 2023
budaatum:

Evolution has been confirmed by use of the scientific approach. You'd even see Yahweh evolving into Jesus if you read your Bible from start to finish.

What scientific approach?
Name any grin

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by budaatum: 8:39pm On Oct 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

What scientific approach?
Name any grin
Shows you lack knowledge about the scientific method.

In fact, tell the truth. Did you did do science past mandatory jss?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:55pm On Oct 29, 2023
budaatum:

Shows you lack knowledge about the scientific method.

In fact, tell the truth. Did you did do science past mandatory jss?

U were the one that dropped the image of scientific approach
Tell us whether evolution has met it
No evidence
Just de play

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (63) (Reply)

See How This Equation And Analogy Prove The Idea Of The Trinity Wrong / The Coming Of Christ / Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.