Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,422 members, 7,815,955 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Does God Exist? - Religion (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Exist? (16845 Views)

Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? / There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist / Even If God Exist, It Can’t Be The Christian God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does God Exist? by kimco(m): 12:54am On Apr 03
Aemmyjah:

Kimco
Wetin sup na?
What made you embrace atheism?

I would say I'm agnostic. And as for the reason, I just came clean with myself. The information book (Bible) is not consistent and very contradictory. A lot of claims in real life too involves blind faith. I cannot continue to be dishonest with myself so I choose to find answers while maintaining the position of 50/50. Right now I would say 80/20. Maybe I am an atheist at this point and that's fine. And Nobody initiated me into atheism/agnotism as MaxInDhouse claims. I have a working brain unlike some.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? by kimco(m): 12:58am On Apr 03
MaxInDHouse:

This is the same kimco when he still believes he is a Christian but today it's obvious he now advocates atheism.

So this forum is used to initiate them into atheism and if they realize that you're too hard for them to initiate they will start frustrating you with bans each time you make strong comments. smiley

What a joke you are. You had to quote mine my old posts, to what end? You know this has nothing to do with the discourse, only make you look pathetic. I have every right to change my position and I did. I just decided to be honest with my self and stop blindly following. You could try that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? by kimco(m): 1:01am On Apr 03
Emusan:

The thing is, not everything you can explain to people and they will understand.

How can you explain to someone who is not in the engineering field of how billions of Transistor and capacitors can fit into a space of 15mm X 15mm silicon wafer and all these working together perfectly?

And then compare this on how the creator was able to part DNA in a space of 20-30 micrometres of cell.

So what do you suggest I should do to prepare my mind to understand that a "creator was able to part DNA in a space of 20-30 micrometers of cell"? I'm interested.
Re: Does God Exist? by kimco(m): 1:06am On Apr 03
MaxInDHouse:

I have known this guy for someone time now i never knew ATHEISM is gradually getting hold of him now i'm convinced that the owner of this forum is using it to initiate inexperienced followers into ATHEISM, no wonder many times they have blocked my posts in fact as i'm typing now i can't add pictures to my posts anymore whenever i try to do so something will just pop up telling me it's impossible while others are still adding pictures to their comments.

So my brother kimco has been initiated into atheism the same way most of them on this forum are being initiated, just imagine a sane person saying he is not yet convinced of what he saw with his own eyes and also confirmed from people around him simply because he doesn't want to admit that there are unseen beings around us.
I am planning to delete my account on this forum and never have anything to do with it again because i have noticed that the owner and moderators have realized that my posts are really powerful and they don't want such.

Each time religionists insult and curse others they will not ban them so i played along with them for sometimes but now that i no longer do such i was banned from commenting!

What are you talking about. When I first join here I was a Christian but really questioning the faith. I looked for answers everywhere to reassure myself that I was wrong and that the faith was right. But as time went on and my cognitive dissonance dissolved, I came clear to myself, I cannot believe that a deity sacrificed himself to himself in order to forgive us for breaking rules that he set for us himself, amongst other confusing tales. If you have somewhere to blame for my change, blame YouTube, I am barely active on here anyways.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:25am On Apr 03
kimco:

What a joke you are. You had to quote mine my old posts, to what end? You know this has nothing to do with the discourse, only make you look pathetic. I have every right to change my position and I did. I just decided to be honest with my self and stop blindly following. You could try that.

That's good for you at least now your life has a purpose and you're doing something tangible about it.
Wish you well my friend!
Re: Does God Exist? by kimco(m): 9:13am On Apr 03
MaxInDHouse:

That's good for you at least now your life has a purpose and you're doing something tangible about it.
Wish you well my friend!

That was really wrong of you to quote mine, Max, to move your agenda. I'm really disappointed in you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? by Emusan(m): 9:23am On Apr 03
kimco:

So what do you suggest I should do to prepare my mind to understand that a "creator was able to part DNA in a space of 20-30 micrometers of cell"? I'm interested.

Very simple.

Begin your research to know what it takes for human to fit in Billions of transistor into a 15 x 15mm silicon wafer and start asking question like:
1. Does this require INTELLIGENT work?
2. Was it designed?
3. Can something like this happened by chance?

Then compare that to how billions of information are packed inside 20-30nm strand of human DNA and ask yourself:

2. Was it designed?

For comparison, nm is 1,000,000 time smaller than mm.
Re: Does God Exist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:34am On Apr 03
kimco:

That was really wrong of you to quote mine, Max, to move your agenda. I'm really disappointed in you.
NO i'm not disappointed in you at all after all you have no faith before so continue with your agnotism if you're happy with it that's what really matters! wink
Re: Does God Exist? by kimco(m): 9:44am On Apr 03
Emusan:

Very simple.

Begin your research to know what it takes for human to fit in Billions of transistor into a 15 x 15mm silicon wafer and start asking question like:
2. Was it designed?

Then compare that to how billions of information are packed inside 20-30nm strand of human DNA and ask yourself:

2. Was it designed?

For comparison, nm is 1,000,000 time smaller than mm.

Huh? You have not said anything. I know what to do to understand the process of a scientific method. Infact the single most effective way of the method is consistent results across board.

Now tell me why there requires a creator in the the DNA scenario. Share with me, the best reason why you feel an entity should be responsible for that?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? by Emusan(m): 9:51am On Apr 03
kimco:
Huh? You have not said anything. I know what to do to understand the process of a scientific method. Infact the single most effective way of the method is consistent results across board.

You know what to do yet you asked below question.

Now tell me why there requires a creator in the the DNA scenario. Share with me, the best reason why you feel an entity should be responsible for that?

The reasons are what I listed as questions above.

1. It shows the work of an intelligent entity.

2. It shows it was designed

3. It shows it can't happen by chance.

Yours is to tell me how billions of transitor can be perfectly fit into a space of 15x15mm silicon wafer without intelligent work behind it.
Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 3:41pm On Apr 04
kimco:

I would say I'm agnostic. And as for the reason, I just came clean with myself. The information book (Bible) is not consistent and very contradictory. A lot of claims in real life too involves blind faith. I cannot continue to be dishonest with myself so I choose to find answers while maintaining the position of 50/50. Right now I would say 80/20. Maybe I am an atheist at this point and that's fine. And Nobody initiated me into atheism/agnotism as MaxInDhouse claims. I have a working brain unlike some.

You're deceiving yourself over something you know it's not true
Re: Does God Exist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:45pm On Apr 04
Aemmyjah:

My brother, kimco is just deceiving himself after falling into the hands of ATHEISM.

When they lack wisdom the next thing is looking for ways to justify their beliefs instead of asking whether their beliefs is true or false. smiley
Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:21pm On Apr 04
MaxInDHouse:

My brother, kimco is just deceiving himself after falling into the hands of ATHEISM.

When they lack wisdom the next thing is looking for ways to justify their beliefs instead of asking whether their beliefs is true or false. smiley

Don't mind yeye Kimco
Re: Does God Exist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:43am On Apr 05
Aemmyjah:

Don't mind yeye Kimco

Back then when i was trying to reshape his thoughts on what the scriptures teaches he was playing smart now where is that hopeless beliefs he was arguing for?
In the trash bin.
And today he's against the Bible instead of working on his understanding of God's word.
What really baffles me at times is the way they think because a knife has its purpose but when the one handling it fails to use it in the right way he or she will get cut and the next thing they will do is saying the knife is useless! smiley

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by kimco(m): 7:14am On Apr 07
MaxInDHouse:

Back then when i was trying to reshape his thoughts on what the scriptures teaches he was playing smart now where is that hopeless beliefs he was arguing for?
In the trash bin.
And today he's against the Bible instead of working on his understanding of God's word.
What really baffles me at times is the way they think because a knife has its purpose but when the one handling it fails to use it in the right way he or she will get cut and the next thing they will do is saying the knife is useless! smiley

What is this guy on about? What are you saying?
Re: Does God Exist? by kimco(m): 7:15am On Apr 07
Aemmyjah:

Don't mind yeye Kimco

The convo switched to ad hominem. It ends here.
Re: Does God Exist? by kimco(m): 7:18am On Apr 07
Aemmyjah:

"I know"?... Know?. That word. If you know what you believe in is true, it wouldn't be a belief system. Continue to use words you don't understand. If I ask you to prove your knowledge you will tell me to believe and have faith right now. Sorry but I am past that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? by kimco(m): 7:20am On Apr 07
Emusan:

You know what to do yet you asked below question.

The reasons are what I listed as questions above.

1. It shows the work of an intelligent entity.

2. It shows it was designed

3. It shows it can't happen by chance.

Yours is to tell me how billions of transitor can be perfectly fit into a space of 15x15mm silicon wafer without intelligent work behind it.

No it doesn't show anything. You haven't even established correlation here. You have only assumed. Establish correlation first and let's go from there.
Re: Does God Exist? by Emusan(m): 1:43pm On Apr 07
kimco:
No it doesn't show anything.

It does!

In fact human cell is million times smaller than every single chip we have today.

Human cell is 20-30nm yet holds billions of base pairs of DNA and over 600millions of nRNA.

You haven't even established correlation here. You have only assumed. Establish correlation first and let's go from there.

This shows you don't know much about technology.

Most technologies we have today are designed in comparison with human system.

1. Camera can be compared to human eyes
2. CPU/SOC can be compared to human brain.
3. RAM can be compared to human short term memory
4. ROM can be compared to human long term memory
5. ICE (Internal Combustion Engine) is designed in way human breath in air and release waste.

And many more.

Meanwhile, with our current supercomputer system, human system is still FAR COMPLEX than any computer we have today.

Let me give you a single clue!
You aware of the first computer which is as big as a whole room yet the same computer is less complex to the ones we have today.

What is the secret?

The secret lies in scientists discovery of how information are packed into 20-30nm cell, this has helped the engineers to fabricate more transistors in micrometres into a silicon wafer. For comparison 1um is the size of a single Hydrogen atoms. In other to design more complex system we need to solve how to even packed more information into silicon wafer in reduced size.

No one will ever look into how billions of transistor are carefully and intelligently packed into silicon wafer and ruled out the work of a designer from it.

So how can people then look at how 20-30nm human cell holding much more info and rule out INTELLIGENCE AND DESIGN from it?

The information in a single cell if to be stretched out will be high as 2m and if the entire cells in human should be stretched it will be wider than our SOLAR SYSTEM.

Which means the Designer behind human creation KNOWS THE IMPORTANCE OF packing information in a limited space.

If a single cell should just be 1mm in diameter, it means an average human will be as tall as over 100m and 10m in width.
Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:14am On Apr 08
Emusan:

It does!

In fact human cell is million times smaller than every single chip we have today.

Human cell is 20-30nm yet holds billions of base pairs of DNA and over 600millions of nRNA.

This shows you don't know much about technology.

Most technologies we have today are designed in comparison with human system.

1. Camera can be compared to human eyes
2. CPU/SOC can be compared to human brain.
3. RAM can be compared to human short term memory
4. ROM can be compared to human long term memory
5. ICE (Internal Combustion Engine) is designed in way human breath in air and release waste.

And many more.

Meanwhile, with our current supercomputer system, human system is still FAR COMPLEX than any computer we have today.

Let me give you a single clue!
You aware of the first computer which is as big as a whole room yet the same computer is less complex to the ones we have today.

What is the secret?

The secret lies in scientists discovery of how information are packed into 20-30nm cell, this has helped the engineers to fabricate more transistors in micrometres into a silicon wafer. For comparison 1um is the size of a single Hydrogen atoms. In other to design more complex system we need to solve how to even packed more information into silicon wafer in reduced size.

No one will ever look into how billions of transistor are carefully and intelligently packed into silicon wafer and ruled out the work of a designer from it.

So how can people then look at how 20-30nm human cell holding much more info and rule out INTELLIGENCE AND DESIGN from it?

The information in a single cell if to be stretched out will be high as 2m and if the entire cells in human should be stretched it will be wider than our SOLAR SYSTEM.

Which means the Designer behind human creation KNOWS THE IMPORTANCE OF packing information in a limited space.

If a single cell should just be 1mm in diameter, it means an average human will be as tall as over 100m and 10m in width.

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (Reply)

The Coming Of Christ / Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? / All Churches Should Close Before 9am Today To Enable Members Go To The Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.