Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,390 members, 7,815,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

Does God Exist? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Exist? (16841 Views)

Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? / There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist / Even If God Exist, It Can’t Be The Christian God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (63) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does God Exist? by kkins25(m): 10:42pm On Oct 29, 2023
budaatum:

Shows you lack knowledge about the scientific method.

In fact, tell the truth. Did you did do science past mandatory jss?
grin cheesy grin
Re: Does God Exist? by Thorrn(f): 11:20pm On Oct 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:
Does God Exist?
The Bible’s answer...

Aw, shut up.

How many more times are we going to entertain this ridiculous circus from religious people? This is textbook circular reasoning, and is a logical fallacy. You argument was shot down before it even took off (by you, no less!). The Bible already presupposes the existence of God. If your mission is to convince non-believers that a god exists, you need to base your argument on actual objective, independent bases. Given prior experiences of discussing with theists in the past, I don't expect you to understand what I just wrote.

The substance of the comments from posters in this subforum has truly gone down the drain over the years. It used to be home to the most engaging intellectual discussions.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does God Exist? by Thorrn(f): 11:34pm On Oct 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

U were the one that dropped the image of scientific approach
Tell us whether evolution has met it
No evidence
Just de play

For the sake of argument, I accept that evolution is false. Now, if you will, please elucidate your proof that evolution being false leads to the existence of a creator deity.

Notice the conditional in my first sentence, lest you think that I'm conceding any point. Judging from the utter dross you've been posting here, I have already profiled you, but I'll just give you the benefit of the doubt and see if you may yet redeem yourself.

Over to you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? by budaatum: 11:40pm On Oct 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

U were the one that dropped the image of scientific approach
Tell us whether evolution has met it
No evidence
Just de play

You obviously did not do science past the mandatory jss, which explains your lack of comprehension since you'd have learnt not to ask silly questions if you had.

Not only is science your problem but comprehension is too. Have you considered using a dictionary so you can understand better that it is human beings who use the scientific method to investigate and understand evolution?

Yes, evolution has been met by the scientific method. And not only has science confirmed it,humans use evolution too, though I wouldn't expect you to understand it since you fail to recognise the evolution of God into Jesus. Thankfully, most humans have, or you'd still be killing those who offend you instead of turning the other cheek.

3 Likes

Re: Does God Exist? by budaatum: 11:45pm On Oct 29, 2023
Thorrn:

Aw, shut up.

How many more times are we going to entertain this ridiculous circus from religious people? This is textbook circular reasoning, and is a logical fallacy. You argument was shot down before it even took off (by you, no less!). The Bible already presupposes the existence of God. If your mission is to convince non-believers that a god exists, you need to base your argument on actual objective, independent bases. Given prior experiences of discussing with theists in the past, I don't expect you to understand what I just wrote.

The substance of the comments from posters in this subforum has truly gone down the drain over the years. It used to be home to the most engaging intellectual discussions.

The Bible na, lol. Pity he does not realise that humans have evolved way past his stage, which is a pity, as it's indicative of his backwardness.

Personally, I can't wait till Nigeria evolves to the point whereby science becomes mandatory all through secondary school, for that would reduce the ignorance in society and set us as a nation on the way to evolving past where he is stuck.

4 Likes

Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 1:17am On Oct 30, 2023
budaatum:

You obviously did not do science past the mandatory jss, which explains your lack of comprehension since you'd have learnt not to ask silly questions if you had.

Not only is science your problem but comprehension is too. Have you considered using a dictionary so you can understand better that it is human beings who use the scientific method to investigate and understand evolution?

Yes, evolution has been met by the scientific method. And not only has science confirmed it,humans use evolution too, though I wouldn't expect you to understand it since you fail to recognise the evolution of God into Jesus. Thankfully, most humans have, or you'd still be killing those who offend you instead of turning the other cheek.

Instead of a simple Yes or No answer
He's jumped to quoting Bible grin
Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 1:19am On Oct 30, 2023
Thorrn:

For the sake of argument, I accept that evolution is false. Now, if you will, please elucidate your proof that evolution being false leads to the existence of a creator deity.

Notice the conditional in my first sentence, lest you think that I'm conceding any point. Judging from the utter dross you've been posting here, I have already profiled you, but I'll just give you the benefit of the doubt and see if you may yet redeem yourself.

Over to you.

What has evolution got to do with the Creator?
Logically, nothing cannot produce something
Life and the universe cannot result from blind Chance
Evolution that never met the scientific approach yet they say it is fact. Don't mind that guy. E no go school
Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 1:21am On Oct 30, 2023
Thorrn:

Aw, shut up.

I gave 4 points
You have no objections but to come out to throw tantrums
If the idea of the existence of God gives you headache, it is not my problem
Follow the idea that tells you that your life is a result of an accident and without any ultimate purpose - Evolution
Re: Does God Exist? by Thorrn(f): 7:59am On Oct 30, 2023
Aemmyjah:

I gave 4 points
You have no objections but to come out to throw tantrums
If the idea of the existence of God gives you headache, it is not my problem
Follow the idea that tells you that your life is a result of an accident and without any ultimate purpose - Evolution

Yep. I knew this was going to be a labour of love.

Literally any educated individual can see that I gave a clearly stated objection to your original post. The fact that you failed to see the logical implications of your arguments, is an obvious testament to your very poor capacity for critical thinking. Furthermore, your hilarious rants about the evolution process are meaningless, inconsequential and a complete non-sequitur to my actual point. Again, I suspect that everything I just wrote will fly over your head once more.

Make no mistake though, I'm not having this discussion to convert you or make you change your mind. Far from it. Your obstinate belief is not my cup of tea. My reason for engaging you is to demonstrate, to people that might be viewing this thread -- who appreciate rationality and pragmatism -- the dangers of religious programming and how it obscures any form of rational thought.

So go on and keep looking for fishes in the sky. When your brain has finally summoned enough juice to decipher my first riposte, you can try addressing my objection again.

2 Likes

Re: Does God Exist? by Thorrn(f): 8:01am On Oct 30, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Life and the universe cannot result from blind Chance
Evolution that never met the scientific approach yet they say it is fact. Don't mind that guy. E no go school

It's interesting that you're asking what evolution has to do with a creator, when you're the one who keeps bringing it up in discussions pertaining to the existence of God. As with most religious people, your arguments are all over the place.

I didn't fail to notice that you dodged my query in the post you just replied to. I asked you for proof that the inaccuracy of the evolution theory shows that a god exists. Given your laughable tirades against evolution on this thread, I'm curious as to why you can't oblige this simple request.

2 Likes

Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:16am On Oct 30, 2023
Thorrn:

It's interesting that you're asking what evolution has to do with a creator, when you're the one who keeps bringing it up in discussions pertaining to the existence of God. As with most religious people, your arguments are all over the place.

I didn't fail to notice that you dodged my query in the post you just replied to. I asked you for proof that the inaccuracy of the evolution theory shows that a god exists. Given your laughable tirades against evolution on this thread, I'm curious as to why you can't oblige this simple request.

Logically, Evolution tells you that everything in the universe and life and earth with their cycles, order and organization came by chance. In other words, everything came from nothing.
We know the kind of people that nonsense makes sense to them and they call it fact
Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:17am On Oct 30, 2023
Thorrn:

Yep. I knew this was going to be a labour of love.

Literally any educated individual can see that I gave a clearly stated objection to your original post. The fact that you failed to see the logical implications of your arguments, is an obvious testament to your very poor capacity for critical thinking. Furthermore, your hilarious rants about the evolution process are meaningless, inconsequential and a complete non-sequitur to my actual point. Again, I suspect that everything I just wrote will fly over your head once more.

Make no mistake though, I'm not having this discussion to convert you or make you change your mind. Far from it. Your obstinate belief is not my cup of tea. My reason for engaging you is to demonstrate, to people that might be viewing this thread -- who appreciate rationality and pragmatism -- the dangers of religious programming and how it obscures any form of rational thought.

So go on and keep looking for fishes in the sky. When your brain has finally summoned enough juice to decipher my first riposte, you can try addressing my objection again.

Without you bringing up any point to debunk what I said, you're only blowing hot
Mr No Evidence to support fact
Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:19am On Oct 30, 2023
budaatum:

All these cars evolved by itself shey?
Re: Does God Exist? by Maynman: 10:00am On Oct 30, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Weak.
Because of religion you have been made to be Stuck in the PAST, living a life of stagnation, basing your life on stories that are 4000 years old.
Live in the Present, Yahweh worshipper.
Re: Does God Exist? by budaatum: 10:39am On Oct 30, 2023
Aemmyjah:

No the didn't. They are simply to explain the human scientific use of evolution to you in hope you'd understand it a bit and stop asking the silly question you keep asking.

Evolution is influenced by the surrounding environment, and not by some divine hand.

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by budaatum: 10:42am On Oct 30, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Instead of a simple Yes or No answer
He's jumped to quoting Bible grin

Your "simple yes and no" is influenced by your simplistic good and evil thinking, and the universe is much more complex than that.

The Bible quoting is for you to see your God evolving into Jesus.

2 Likes

Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 10:56am On Oct 30, 2023
budaatum:

Your "simple yes and no" is influenced by your simplistic good and evil thinking, and the universe is much more complex than that.

The Bible quoting is for you to see your God evolving into Jesus.

You don't know scriptures
You don't know Bible
I wonder what you know
You dropped the image that explains the scientific approach
Later, you dropped Mercedes Benz evolution as if they evolved by themselves or how they have improved in design over time
Now, God evolved into Jesus
Small time, Buhari evolved into Jubrin
Kwantinue
Re: Does God Exist? by budaatum: 11:03am On Oct 30, 2023
Aemmyjah:

You don't know scriptures
You don't know Bible
I wonder what you know
You dropped the image that explains the scientific approach
Later, you dropped Mercedes Benz evolution as if they evolved by themselves or how they have improved in design over time
Now, God evolved into Jesus
Small time, Buhari evolved into Jubrin
Kwantinue

I guess it's hard for you to follow the conversation and comprehend what you read.

The Bible verse was to show you how the idea of God evolved into Jesus, and the evolution of Mercedes Benz was to show you how people who have learnt and understood the science of evolution utilise the knowledge they have acquired. But I guess you needed to have studied science further than jss, which you've shown here you didn't.

2 Likes

Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 11:08am On Oct 30, 2023
budaatum:

I guess it's hard for you to follow the conversation and comprehend what you read.

The Bible verse was to show you how the idea of God evolved into Jesus, and the evolution of Mercedes Benz was to show you how people who have learnt and understood the science of evolution utilise the knowledge they have acquired. But I guess you needed to have studied science further than jss, which you've shown here you didn't.

Evolution of living things and evolution of a non living thing?
Chai grin grin grin

Besides, God and Jesus Christ are two distinct persons
It's sad to see someone very ignorant about Bible, science, technology, everything
Re: Does God Exist? by budaatum: 11:15am On Oct 30, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Besides, God and Jesus Christ are two distinct persons

I bet you never read your Bible from the beginning to the end, and likely randomly jumped in and out from writer to writer and chapter to chapter so you wouldn't see how it evolved over the entire course of the book.

That's why you can't see how their ideas and philosophy evolved, or how God Yahweh evolved from other gods too, which would have required you to do some research, which you've shown you can't do.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 11:20am On Oct 30, 2023
budaatum:

I bet you never read your Bible from the beginning to the end, and likely randomly jumped in and out from writer to writer and chapter to chapter so you wouldn't see how it evolved over the entire course of the book.

That's why you can't see how their ideas and philosophy evolved, or how God Yahweh evolved from other gods too, which would have required you to do some research, which you've shown you can't do.

Show us how Yahweh evolved from other gods in the Bible or how he evolved into Jesus in the Bible

Your comments are purely assumptions and ignorant but they are epic tho.
There's this saying that 'be very good at something and do it well'
I love your assumptions and ignorance about three things so far u mentioned - Bible, science and technology without evidence

Pls Kwantinue
The ball is still in your court
Re: Does God Exist? by Thorrn(f): 12:35pm On Oct 30, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Logically, Evolution tells you that everything in the universe and life and earth with their cycles, order and organization came by chance. In other words, everything came from nothing.
We know the kind of people that nonsense makes sense to them and they call it fact

Doesn't it bother you that the validity of your entire argument hinges on the Theory of Evolution being proven wrong?... that your claims cannot stand firmly on their own merits?

Your entire position here is premised on a false dichotomy, that is "If option A is wrong, option B must be correct. No other options are valid or merit any sort of consideration." If we should assume (or in your case, insist) that the Theory of Evolution is wrong, it doesn't necessarily lead to the conclusion that everything was created by a conscious being. You still haven't established any facts that absolutely support your own position. What you're doing here is simply using "god" as a placeholder for ignorance. Same way our ancestors claimed that the tears of their gods were what caused rains, or that the sounds of thunder meant the gods were upset -- that is, until we discovered exactly how these phenomena came about.

Ultimately, evolution has no bearing on the philosophical inquiries about God's existence. There are many Christians who accept evolution just as there are many atheists who even reject it. Just because evolution is "wrong" to you, doesn't mean the answer you made up because it makes sense to you within the context of your religious presuppositions must be any more plausible, feasible, or credible. Personally, the validity of the Theory of Evolution is of no consequence to me. Evolution didn't make me an atheist. What made me an atheist was and is the continued failure of religious folks to adequately support their outlandish claims with verifiable and trusted facts or evidence.

I'm totally fine with the possibility that we might have no definite idea on how life came about. You, on the other hand, insist on making up rubbish and pretending to know the answers even if those answers are totally unfalsifiable and indefensible, so long as nobody figures out the real answers.

4 Likes

Re: Does God Exist? by Thorrn(f): 12:37pm On Oct 30, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Without you bringing up any point to debunk what I said, you're only blowing hot
Mr No Evidence to support fact

Your argument was already debunked by the very premise you based it on. The Bible is the most flawed basis you can use to justify the actual existence of any god(s). It's like using the Iliad or Odyssey to establish the existence of the pantheon of deities in the Greek mythology. Budaatum has amply demonstrated this fact to you already using other examples, but you can't possibly know this simple fact because you are thicker than two short wet planks. Your pastors have done a good job locking up your brain cells and throwing away the keys. You cannot fathom simple facts or even common knowledge outside the confines of your religion.

Plus, you've completely lost your mind if you think any of the sad litters of trash you've posted so far constitute "fact". You wouldn't know FACT if it ran you down ten times with a packed molue along your street. I already suspected you were a blundering dimwit when I read your first couple of posts, so your witless replies do not surprise me in the least.

2 Likes

Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 1:58pm On Oct 30, 2023
Thorrn:

Your argument was already debunked by the very premise you based it on. The Bible is the most flawed basis you can use to justify the actual existence of any god(s). It's like using the Iliad or Odyssey to establish the existence of the pantheon of deities in the Greek mythology. Budaatum has amply demonstrated this fact to you already using other examples, but you can't possibly know this simple fact because you are thicker than two short wet planks. Your pastors have done a good job locking up your brain cells and throwing away the keys. You cannot fathom simple facts or even common knowledge outside the confines of your religion.

Plus, you've completely lost your mind if you think any of the sad litters of trash you've posted so far constitute "fact". You wouldn't know FACT if it ran you down ten times with a packed molue along your street. I already suspected you were a blundering dimwit when I read your first couple of posts, so your witless replies do not surprise me in the least.

Pastors ke?
I even presented logic about order, organization, cycles in the universwe
Na wetin pastor tell me or na common sense? grin
Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 1:58pm On Oct 30, 2023
Thorrn:

Doesn't it bother you that the validity of your entire argument hinges on the Theory of Evolution being proven wrong?... that your claims cannot stand firmly on their own merits?

Your entire position here is premised on a false dichotomy, that is "If option A is wrong, option B must be correct. No other options are valid or merit any sort of consideration." If we should assume (or in your case, insist) that the Theory of Evolution is wrong, it doesn't necessarily lead to the conclusion that everything was created by a conscious being. You still haven't established any facts that absolutely support your own position. What you're doing here is simply using "god" as a placeholder for ignorance. Same way our ancestors claimed that the tears of their gods were what caused rains, or that the sounds of thunder meant the gods were upset -- that is, until we discovered exactly how these phenomena came about.

Ultimately, evolution has no bearing on the philosophical inquiries about God's existence. There are many Christians who accept evolution just as there are many atheists who even reject it. Just because evolution is "wrong" to you, doesn't mean the answer you made up because it makes sense to you within the context of your religious presuppositions must be any more plausible, feasible, or credible. Personally, the validity of the Theory of Evolution is of no consequence to me. Evolution didn't make me an atheist. What made me an atheist was and is the continued failure of religious folks to adequately support their outlandish claims with verifiable and trusted facts or evidence.

I'm totally fine with the possibility that we might have no definite idea on how life came about. You, on the other hand, insist on making up rubbish and pretending to know the answers even if those answers are totally unfalsifiable and indefensible, so long as nobody figures out the real answers.

Prove your point instead of running round the forest
Re: Does God Exist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:41pm On Oct 30, 2023
Creation says:

YES! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? by budaatum: 4:16pm On Oct 30, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Show us how Yahweh evolved from other gods in the Bible or how he evolved into Jesus in the Bible.

Pick up a Bible and read it from page one and sequentially to the end and tell me what you see.

But first go complete the senior secondary school science you missed out on so your eyes may actually see.

2 Likes

Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 4:30pm On Oct 30, 2023
budaatum:

Pick up a Bible and read it from page one and sequentially to the end and tell me what you see.

But first go complete the senior secondary school science you missed out on so your eyes may actually see.

One thing that Charles Darwin himself found it hard to use evolution to explain was the evolution of the human eye
Do you agree that a simple, imperfect eye could evolve from a complex, imperfect eye?

Science says that the eye evolved from some light - sensitive patch... Imagine?

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 30, 2023
There is no answer.

It is like a 2 dimensional being asking,

Does the Fifth dimension exist,

Such a being may theorize all it wants, but it may
never get a final answer.

Because even 3 dimensional beings such as us
Cannot prove or disprove the reality of such
a plane of existence, we can merely theorize.

The question is way beyond our scope and
Observation.

A different question.

Is the belief in God or gods neccessary?

Do people who believe in God(s) live better and
More fulfilled lives than those who don't.

Just because a human can ask a question,
Doesn't mean it can answer said question.
Re: Does God Exist? by budaatum: 4:46pm On Oct 30, 2023
Aemmyjah:

One thing that Charles Darwin himself found it hard to use evolution to explain was the evolution of the human eye
Do you agree that a simple, imperfect eye could evolve from a complex, imperfect eye?

Science says that the eye evolved from some light - sensitive patch... Imagine?

Guess I shouldn't expect you to know how far we've evolved from Darwin.

I'm just glad that most of us have evolved from Adam, or most would still be afraid of seeking knowledge for fear it might kill them.

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by budaatum: 4:48pm On Oct 30, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Life and the universe cannot result from blind Chance.

Are you finally understanding that something must have created your god since "nothing can produce something"?
Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 4:55pm On Oct 30, 2023
budaatum:

Are you finally understanding that something must have created your god since "nothing can produce something"?

When you have finished running round the forest chasing after the wind
Next will be the mountains
You have failed to produce one evidence, even a fake evidence that there's no Creator, instead you want to attack the concept of the creator by the same means.
Mehn
If u were a lawyer, ur client that supposed to have spent few years in prison for a crime could spend eternity cos you are very reckless

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (63) (Reply)

The Coming Of Christ / Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? / All Churches Should Close Before 9am Today To Enable Members Go To The Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.