Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,194 members, 7,860,282 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:52 AM

Does God Exist? - Religion (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Exist? (18165 Views)

Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? / There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist / Even If God Exist, It Can’t Be The Christian God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (63) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 9:10pm On Nov 14, 2023
Aemmyjah:

1. I quoted someone and he confirmed there was a link. Run away if you wish

2. Your stupid fallacy always make sense to you

One day, I had a conversation with an atheist but it was not on religious terms. I ask him why people wear clothes and he said it is to hide their own shame,that even small children would hide if they discover that someone sees them naked. I smiled and turned back. I did not say anything. He began to blow hot and shout. 'It's lie, there are many places where people don't wear cloth, we wear cloth for the weather...'. I did not say anything, I only asked him why people wear cloth unlike animals

1.… and the person in question has asked you to provide the evidence, which you're unable to

2. Of course, it would hurt your brain if you try to understand the analogy. Poor you

3. What's the essence of that story, even if it was true? undecided
Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 9:12pm On Nov 14, 2023
Aemmyjah:

I have given you examples of phenotypic expressions that can be influenced by the environment. Why knock on my door?
Explain why those examples I listed can be changed by environment, then I reply yours
Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 9:14pm On Nov 14, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Have you?
No. I saw pictures and videos of the fossils, the analytical tools and how they logically back up evolution.
So I don't need to study them.
So since you haven't studied any fossils, why do you think evolution is false?
Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 9:17pm On Nov 14, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Women undergo labor. Yes
Is it an easy process? Yes or No?
Are you aware some women deliver without assistance? Ever heard of precipitous labor, dvmmy? angry
Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 10:15pm On Nov 14, 2023
Aemmyjah:

And I said it can be demonstrated in your home na
I realize you're clueless. But trying to be smart to hide your cluelessness, makes it even worse for you
Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 10:16pm On Nov 14, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Who read those links
False evidence
So there are 'false evidence' and 'true evidence'? Lol 😆
Interesting…
Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 10:18pm On Nov 14, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Someone remains healthy by chance shey?
Good health is not automatic
You have to maintain it
Is it birds that will tell you the secret of good health?
So who tells you about good health?
Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 10:19pm On Nov 14, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Still out of Point! The topic is about how we comnect to God, our Creator. And not a focus on our Creator which is a Change of Post.

So, we understand if you are not able to proceed without your changing the argument which is proof of God and not Proof of whether God has a God where you are shifting the argument to in which you also forget that the implication means that you admit that God indeed exists and that your fresh interest is in finding out whether He was also created just like us or not WHICH IS NOT THE ARGUMENT, HENCE OFF POINT/CHANGE OF POST.
Who created god?
Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 10:21pm On Nov 14, 2023
Aemmyjah:

You are healthy right?
As a baby, you were breastfed
Your bones were straightened (I don know how they call it but it loos like they will break your bones but it is for babies else the body will look out of shape)
Mama always fed you and bathed you everyday
As you grew up, she ensured that you brush your teeth and showered
When you were ill, she either bought you drugs or herbs or enema or taken you to hospital to get a drip or injection
I did not remember to add early immunizations
You know what she did when you had a cut, cough
Some of all these things were painful, you cried or hated to do them or we did not even understand

You are healthy right?
Do you still brush your teeth, shower, eat the right meals, go for check ups...

I agree with you tho
I never ask anyone why I am healthy grin grin cool
What do you mean by the bolded?
Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 10:24pm On Nov 14, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Did you ask why you are breathing?
Your comparison is invalid
Everyone questions why there is life or how life came to be?
There is an interconnection between knowing the origin or source of life, why we are here and how to make a meaning from our life and be happy

If life is a result of mindless process, it leaves us without reliable guidance, hopeless, useless, purposeless and without meaning

If life came by purposeful design, then we are here for a reason, that one can teach us how to live our lives and be truly happy. That we were created already gives our lives a sense of meaning

What about you?
Are you a result of mindless process?
Or Intelligent design? grin grin grin
Breathing is involuntary.
So what is your reason of living? To talk rubbish on Nairaland?
Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 10:33pm On Nov 14, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Religious leaders and philosophers
1. Socrates (469-399 BCE):

2. Buddha (c. 563-483 BCE):

3. Confucius (551-479 BCE):

4. Aristotle (384-322 BCE):

5. Jesus Christ (c. 4 BCE-30/33 CE):

6. Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900): .

7. Viktor Frankl (1905-1997):

8. Dalai Lama (born 1935):

9. Paulo Coelho (born 1947):

10. Brené Brown (born 1965)

Politicians
1. Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948):

2. Nelson Mandela (1918-2013):

3. Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865):

4. Vaclav Havel (1936-2011):

5. Aung San Suu Kyi (born 1945):

6. Barack Obama (born 1961):

7. Jacinda Ardern (born 1980):

Notable Presidents and Governors
1. Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826):

2. Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865):

3. Franklin D. Roosevelt (1882-1945):

4. Ronald Reagan (1911-2004):

5. Arnold Schwarzenegger (born 1947):

6. Andrew Cuomo (born 1957):

Notable scientists

Francis Crick (1916-2004):

Carl Sagan (1934-1996): .

Richard Dawkins (born 1941):

Sportsmen
1. Muhammad Ali (1942-2016):

2. Michael Jordan (born 1963):

All these men when they were alive amd active gave a meaning or questioned about life and it's purpose. Their quotations were taken when they were alive and some are still living
Maybe it's in your family that only dead or miserable people ask such questions

Enjoy the rest of the week
No quotation of Jesus Christ was gotten when he was supposedly alive. In fact, Jesus Christ isn't even a Jewish name. The English name Jesus, from Greek Iēsous, is a rendering of Joshua (Hebrew Yehoshua, later Yeshua). So obviously he's mythical
Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 10:35pm On Nov 14, 2023
Maynman:

You are just so desperate, you will do ANYTHING to defend your delusions, so these people are "Notable Scientists", what did they say about Evolution?
I hope you won't change mouth later when you have to desperately defend your intelligent designer that has a mind like you😂😂

Cc jaephoenix
Thorrn
Watch him stutter and ask you about mindless creation now

2 Likes

Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 10:38pm On Nov 14, 2023
Aemmyjah:

1. It is flat grin

2. A logical person like you said something could emerge from nothing

3. When did I counter them? Tag them here na

4. Fact? How? grin

1. There you go dvllard. Your babble says so. So I'm not surprised you agree
2. <crickets>
3. Not directly. If you say your own god did the job and not their god, you've already countered them, dvmmy
4. FACT. <LOUD CRICKETS>

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 10:41pm On Nov 14, 2023
cornelboy:

That was the evidence you wanted to bring to convince a sane person that the universe is without a creator lol?

It's more logical to believe that my android phone came by chance than to believe life/the universe came by chance.
For the second time, what did the link say?
By the way, your babble said Yahweh sent himself to the world to die, and appease himself. Makes perfect sense cheesy
Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 10:50pm On Nov 14, 2023
cornelboy:

Have you seen this skulls and examine them before?
How are you hundred percent sure that they were from different species of human? Are humans skulls the same everywhere today?
I don't need to see them physically. Technology has made it easier. Below are their pictures. Look at the gross appearances. Then you'll see more differences histologically and genetically. It is obvious they came from different human species. And they didn't come from other apes cos the DNA(from the H. Habilis and H. Erectus) match the modern humans H. Sapiens.
During our second year in med school, we had to study human skulls, so I can spot one a mile off with its attributes and characteristics . My personal skull is still in my wardrobe at my parents' house. Talk about skeletons in the closet cheesy

Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 10:54pm On Nov 14, 2023
Image123:

Now, you are talking about a different thing and overgeneralising. Here is a discussion forum, where you normally have a choice of WHAT and WHO to talk about and to. i am not against anyone talking about their religion, and i don't normally waste my time going to talk them out of it or stop them from quoting their books.
Christians do evangelism because they were commanded to , and they often feel/think that they owe others the duty of care/warning. If some harass you, that is a problem with their method, they do not need to harass you(except harass has a diferent meaning). If they preach to you directly, they normally should not force you to listen. You may choose to or not in a personal evangelism. But it makes no sense telling them or others not to quote the Bible/other religious book in a religious discussion with you.
If every religious adherent obeys what is written in their holy books, don't you think there would be chaos?
Re: Does God Exist? by KnownUnknown: 11:16pm On Nov 14, 2023
jaephoenix:

If every religious adherent obeys what is written in their holy books, don't you think there would be chaos?

They already obey and contribute more than their fair share to the constant chaos that is human affairs.

Just look at the present war in Israel and it boils down to what Europeans believed about Hebrew bullshit their religions are built upon. You can even see on this site those who display slavish devotion to Israel based on religion thereby turning a blind eye, nay, cheering on mayhem and terror, and murder. Then, they justify it by claiming Islam is violent as if Judaism and Christianity aren’t.

Meanwhile in India, the Hindus and their caste system are agents of chaos.

And a few in Nigeria still believe body parts should be sacrificed to their imaginary friends.

Pick a religion anywhere, they are all insane. But what do I really expect from an inherently irrational species like humans?

3 Likes

Re: Does God Exist? by cornelboy(f): 11:53pm On Nov 14, 2023
jaephoenix:

I don't need to see them physically. Technology has made it easier. Below are their pictures. Look at the gross appearances. Then you'll see more differences histologically and genetically. It is obvious they came from different human species. And they didn't come from other apes cos the DNA(from the H. Habilis and H. Erectus) match the modern humans H. Sapiens.
During our second year in med school, we had to study human skulls, so I can spot one a mile off with its attributes and characteristics . My personal skull is still in my wardrobe at my parents' house. Talk about skeletons in the closet cheesy
Oh i didn't come from the great ape actually. I forgot since you guys believe that you evolved from apes, you should find pictures that can support your beliefs.
So in a nutshell, you just trust anything they put on Google without any solid verifiable evidence?
Re: Does God Exist? by cornelboy(f): 11:55pm On Nov 14, 2023
jaephoenix:

For the second time, what did the link say?
By the way, your babble said Yahweh sent himself to the world to die, and appease himself. Makes perfect sense cheesy
Lol show me where the Bible says that.
Misinformed churchgoer that turned to atheist.
You guys are actually foolish way more than the people you think are foolish because they believe in the Bible.
Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 1:45am On Nov 15, 2023
cornelboy:

You guys are actually foolish way more than the people you think are foolish because they believe in the Bible.

Atheists like jaephoenix are foolish people
Negative sadists desperately looking for someone to be like them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 10:36am On Nov 15, 2023
cornelboy:

Oh i didn't come from the great ape actually. I forgot since you guys believe that you evolved from apes, you should find pictures that can support your beliefs.
So in a nutshell, you just trust anything they put on Google without any solid verifiable evidence?
1. You can claim to drop from the sky, that's your business
2. Isn't it funny that a guy that wholeheartedly believes everything in the Babble, from talking snakes, donkeys and bushes, sun and moon standing still for hours, mass resurrection of people from graves etc. All taken in without a shred of evidence whatsoever and without any historical backup. But somehow disbelieves evolutionary evidences in the form of H. Habilis, H. Erectus etc fossils which are scattered all over museums in the Western world. Please you can go to The Australian Museum in Darlinghurst, Australia; The British Museum, London; The Human Evolution Museum at Tring and South Kensington, London; Field Museum (Chicago); Museum für Naturkun, Brussels etc etc
The above list is not exhaustive by any stretch of the imagination. You can find out more here
https://www.nhm.ac.uk/visit/galleries-and-museum-map/human-evolution.html
You can also book an online interactive visit, if you're too lazy to haul your black ass.
And while you're there, you can check out the dinosaurs, which, by the way, was totally ignored by your Babble, despite occupying the earth for millions of years.
Cheerio grin

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 10:43am On Nov 15, 2023
cornelboy:

Okay.
John 14:9
Jesus replied, Have I been with all of you for so long a time, and do you not recognize and know Me yet, Philip? Anyone who has seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say then, Show us the Father?

From The above, Jesus is saying he is Yahweh. And if he is Yahweh, that means he sent himself. Savvy? cheesy
Any other questions, sire grin

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 10:43am On Nov 15, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Atheists like jaephoenix are foolish people
Negative sadists desperately looking for someone to be like them
Okay
Re: Does God Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:24am On Nov 15, 2023
jaephoenix:

Who created god?

First off point. Not the topic.

Secondly, fallacy of presumption! No Road!
Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 11:33am On Nov 15, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

First off point. Not the topic.

Secondly, fallacy of presumption! No Road!
1. It is part of the topic. Why? You stated that nothing can exist on its own, that there has to be a creator. But you insist Yahweh created them all. So a sequitor thus is, who created Yahweh, then.

2. Fallacies of presumption means that the argument a person makes is based on an assumption, rather than a proven fact. From my first point, the question is based on your position, which is that everything must have a creator, thus my query which is who then created the creator.
From what you display here, you absolutely have no idea what fallacies are. You just dip your hand into a bag of fallacies and pull out the most fanciful at that moment and flash it in our faces. Poor you cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Does God Exist? by cornelboy(f): 12:19pm On Nov 15, 2023
jaephoenix:

Okay.
John 14:9
Jesus replied, Have I been with all of you for so long a time, and do you not recognize and know Me yet, Philip? Anyone who has seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say then, Show us the Father?

From The above, Jesus is saying he is Yahweh. And if he is Yahweh, that means he sent himself. Savvy? cheesy
Any other questions, sire grin
Lol where did he say "I'm the Father"?

If a king sends his representative to a place and the rep. said to the people there that "seeing him is same as seeing the king", is that reasonable? Does that mean they are the same person?

Jesus clearly said he was sent by the father and his apostles and early church understood that.
wink
Re: Does God Exist? by cornelboy(f): 12:20pm On Nov 15, 2023
jaephoenix:

1. You can claim to drop from the sky, that's your business
2. Isn't it funny that a guy that wholeheartedly believes everything in the Babble, from talking snakes, donkeys and bushes, sun and moon standing still for hours, mass resurrection of people from graves etc. All taken in without a shred of evidence whatsoever and without any historical backup. But somehow disbelieves evolutionary evidences in the form of H. Habilis, H. Erectus etc fossils which are scattered all over museums in the Western world. Please you can go to The Australian Museum in Darlinghurst, Australia; The British Museum, London; The Human Evolution Museum at Tring and South Kensington, London; Field Museum (Chicago); Museum für Naturkun, Brussels etc etc
The above list is not exhaustive by any stretch of the imagination. You can find out more here
https://www.nhm.ac.uk/visit/galleries-and-museum-map/human-evolution.html
You can also book an online interactive visit, if you're too lazy to haul your black ass.
And while you're there, you can check out the dinosaurs, which, by the way, was totally ignored by your Babble, despite occupying the earth for millions of years.
Cheerio grin
Alright I believe in the Bible and not some science myths. It's my business.
Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 12:38pm On Nov 15, 2023
cornelboy:

Lol where did he say "I'm the Father"?

If a king sends his representative to a place and the rep. said to the people there that "seeing him is same as seeing the king", is that reasonable? Does that mean they are the same person?

Jesus clearly said he was sent by the father and his apostles and early church understood that.
wink
Another lie cheesy
Jesus made a statement claiming to be God when He said, “Very truly I tell you, . . . before Abraham was born, I am!” (John 8:58).For example, in John 10:30, Jesus said, “I and the Father are one. The Jews, upon hearing Him, clearly understood that He was claiming preexistence and, more than that, to be Yahweh, the great “I AM” of Exodus 3:14. On this occasion, too, they tried to stone Him for blasphemy. The disciples of Jesus distinctly heard Him declare His deity. After Jesus’ resurrection, Thomas the doubting disciple finally understood Jesus’ deity, declaring Him to be “my Lord and my God” (John 20:28). If Jesus were not Lord and God, He would have corrected Thomas, but He did not; Thomas spoke the truth. This can only mean that Jesus is God. Even God the Father referred to Jesus as God: “About the Son he says, ‘Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever’” (Hebrews 1:8, quoting Psalm 45:6).

Try and be reading this your Holy Babble. And take Aemmyjah along with you on the reading sessions. I'm tired of myself an atheist schooling you guys on your own book
Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 12:49pm On Nov 15, 2023
cornelboy:

Alright I believe in the Bible and not some science myths. It's my business.
Good. I'm cool with this. Have a nice day, bro grin

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by Thorrn(f): 12:58pm On Nov 15, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Still out of Point! The topic is about how we connect to God, our Creator. And not a focus on our Creator which is a Change of Post.

So, we understand if you are not able to proceed without your changing the argument which is proof of God and not Proof of whether God has a God where you are shifting the argument to in which you also forget that the implication means that you admit that God indeed exists and that your fresh interest is in finding out whether He was also created just like us or not WHICH IS NOT THE ARGUMENT, HENCE OFF POINT/CHANGE OF POST.

Let's take this step by step because it seems you're not even aware of the scope of your argument.

Now, you claimed that everything has a creator; that NOTHING exists that has the capacity to create itself. This was your claim: yes or no?

Answer accordingly, and then we may proceed.
Re: Does God Exist? by Veecruz: 1:04pm On Nov 15, 2023
jaephoenix:

1. It is part of the topic. Why? You stated that nothing can exist on its own, that there has to be a creator. .

Our creator. Not God"s Creator or Origin which clearly means that you have agreed that God is our Creator, where the argument ends.

jaephoenix:

2. Fallacies of presumption means that the argument a person makes is based on an assumption, rather than a proven fact. From my first point, the question is based on your position, which is that everything must have a creator, thus my query which is who then created the creator.

And does this not show that you are assuming an alleging based on no proven fact that God must be created?

From what you display here, you absolutely have no idea what fallacies are and how easy it is to enter into one when you don't know them .

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by cornelboy(f): 1:14pm On Nov 15, 2023
jaephoenix:

Good. I'm cool with this. Have a nice day, bro grin
You too grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (63) (Reply)

God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony / These Ebooks Will Radically Change Your Life Forever / RCCG Member: I Deliver N2.5m Ransom To My In-law’s Kidnappers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.