Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,302 members, 7,860,743 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:25 PM

Does God Exist? - Religion (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Exist? (18213 Views)

Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? / There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist / Even If God Exist, It Can’t Be The Christian God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (63) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does God Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:28pm On Nov 22, 2023
jaephoenix:

So if you are talking about this world, who created the other 'worlds' like other planets, galaxies etc?

I don't care.

But by rebuttable presumption of Law, it is God for a house (this world) is always built on a portion or part of The Owners Land (the Universe). So presumably, God owns the land called the Universe with all the other worlds, galaxies and planets in it.

Cuius est solum, eius est usque ad coelum et ad inferos.

But as I said, i don't care and dat one no be my business.

Keep your attention focused entirely on what is truly your own concern, and be clear that what belongs to others is their business and none of yours. Epictetus
Re: Does God Exist? by Thorrn(f): 1:29pm On Nov 24, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:
It does shows the area and range of the valid and reasonable arguments anyone can make. [b][i]For the issue of the existence of God is confined to this world that we know.

The bible, the first basis of our reasonable belief and the major cause of this debate also focuses on this world where we are.

Thus, "space" travel and diving into matters beyond the scope of the argument is a clear departure from the debate.

And the debate is proof of God which I have given and you did not rebut and not the proof of God's Origin and Beginning where you shifted and tried changing the argument into.

Both!

We are always where our properties are even when we are in other places.

Hope you know that this is a departure from the argument.

You're the one derailing the argument with tasteless word salads.

Your argument is essentially this: nothing in this world created itself, therefore God created everything.

Yes or No?
Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 2:04pm On Nov 24, 2023
Thorrn:

Your argument is essentially this: nothing in this world created itself, therefore God created everything.

Yes or No?

Only fools will believe something comes from nothing

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:05pm On Nov 24, 2023
Thorrn:

Yes or No?

Which I clearly stated and you moved the debate from the proof of God to the proof of God's Origin which is not the debate.
Re: Does God Exist? by Thorrn(f): 6:22am On Nov 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Only fools will believe something comes from nothing

Atheists don't believe something comes from nothing.

Religionists, however, believe their God is the "first cause" IE he came from nothing.

Therefore, following your assertion, you have technically admitted that you are a fool grin grin.

4 Likes

Re: Does God Exist? by Thorrn(f): 6:33am On Nov 29, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Which I clearly stated and you moved the debate from the proof of God to the proof of God's Origin which is not the debate.

The reason you keep thinking I'm moving any goalposts is because you haven't thought through the implications of your own argument.

If you're trying to hinge your God's existence on your sweeping belief that nothing in this world created itself, then you haven't accomplished anything significant. Demonstrating the objective existence of your God can't be achieved using mere common sense. If there is a first cause, how are you certain that it is the God you worship and not some other deity.

More importantly, the assertion that everything must have a creator also implies that your God must have a creator as well given that your God also falls into the category of things that exist in this world according to the Christians.

You really need to consider the implications of your arguments before you push them forward.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 6:51am On Nov 29, 2023
Thorrn:

Atheists don't believe something comes from nothing.

Religionists, however, believe their God is the "first cause" IE he came from nothing.

Therefore, following your assertion, you have technically admitted that you are a fool grin grin.

Atheists are fools
Like you too
But you believe the universe came from nothing?
Or that the universe is the cause of its own effect
What is made cannot measure it's own standards to his maker
If this is your logic to disprove a creator, sorry dear, you're just too foolish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? by Thorrn(f): 7:37am On Nov 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:
Atheists are fools

Haven't you learned yet that simply repeating yourself amounts to nothing in a debate? If your brain won't afford you the luxury of conjuring a decent riposte to my comments, why can't you just admit that you're too stupid to keep up with the discussion and leave it to the adults? cheesy

Like you too

"Atheists are fools"
"...like you too"

I don't understand. Am I an atheist or am I not an atheist? cheesy

No, I don't believe so, and I've never claimed that as my belief.

I never claimed that either.

Did the "maker" make himself, or someone made him?

If this is your logic to disprove a creator, sorry dear, you're just too foolish

Well, I can't disprove what hasn't been proven. But I know the stupidity of your position will elude you as always.

What's more hilarious is the fact that you took the liberty to establish your foolishness in the previous post. Abi, you're not aware that it's actually Christians who believe that something comes from nothing? grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:17am On Nov 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Atheists are fools
Like you too

When you see people always coming out with different arguments to answer the origin of life they are simply MISINFORMED RELIGIONISTS not ATHEISTS.
Real atheists don't waste a second debating over what they strongly think does not exist so they're out there sourcing for means to make money due to the gullibility of their religious neighbours so anyone arguing here and there is surely a staunch BELIEVER that's why such ones are seriously looking for ways to PREACH and TEACH others what they think they know and trust me they're doing this CONSCIENTIOUSLY and RELIGIOUSLY! smiley

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:23am On Nov 29, 2023
Thorrn:

Haven't you learned yet that simply repeating yourself amounts to nothing in a debate? If your brain won't afford you the luxury of conjuring a decent riposte to my comments, why can't you just admit that you're too stupid to keep up with the discussion and leave it to the adults? cheesy

"Atheists are fools"
"...like you too"

I don't understand. Am I an atheist or am I not an atheist? cheesy

No, I don't believe so, and I've never claimed that as my belief.

I never claimed that either.

Did the "maker" make himself, or someone made him?

Well, I can't disprove what hasn't been proven. But I know the stupidity of your position will elude you as always.

What's more hilarious is the fact that you took the liberty to establish your foolishness in the previous post. Abi, you're not aware that it's actually Christians who believe that something comes from nothing? grin

Your evidence to believe that someone made something is to know his parents shey? Sense don wound u

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does God Exist? by Thorrn(f): 10:01am On Nov 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Your evidence to believe that someone made something is to know his parents shey?

Please can you show me where I ever implied this? Are you this much of a pathological liar or you're just really too stupid to follow basic logic?

Sense don wound u

Sense no fit wound you because you no get business with am.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Dtruthspeaker seems to be far more intelligent than you.

2 Likes

Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 10:48am On Nov 29, 2023
Thorrn:

Please can you show me where I ever implied this? Are you this much of a pathological liar or you're just really too stupid to follow basic logic?

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Dtruthspeaker seems to be far more intelligent than you.

Go and sit down
You're not supposed to be engaging with humans
Hypocrite!
Do you know that disbelief in a creator renders your existence as meaningless, hopeless, useless and without reliable guidance?
Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 10:59am On Nov 29, 2023
Thorrn:

Cause and effect
A bench on a beach... That bench is an effect of what cause? That someone dropped it there whether or not I see or know who dropped it. Only a fool will ask for who made that person that dropped the bench. The universe has a beginning and is eternal and that is something that science agrees. It either came from nothing or from something eternal or someone eternal

Law and lawgiver
A traffic light on a highway. You probably don't know who designed those laws and signs and symbols but only a fool will look for the one who produced those lawmakers. In the universe, there are natural laws that when broken, could lead to chaos. Who made them?

Order and organization
Order and organization cannot be produced by accident or mindless chance even in the world of mankind. In the natural world, we see the order and organization at the cellular, tissues, organs and cells as well as cycles of water and elements and how planetary bodies are organized, having their own tilt, satellites and orbits. Yet, fools who add to their folly call themselves wise and want others to belive that these things happened by mindless process... Is your foolishness not higher than the moon?
Re: Does God Exist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:06pm On Nov 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Your evidence to believe that someone made something is to know his parents shey? Sense don wound u

They've already shown that they're RELIGIOUS their problem is lack of critical thinking skills.

You can't come up to compel your neighbour into changing what he believes no matter your intellect as long as you can't present a standard that's practically applicable everywhere and beneficial you just have to accept that whatever anyone believes is good to go.
So for someone to claiming atheist yet trying to change the outlook of his neighbour sounds illogical because that's the job of a SUPREME BEING and atheists say there is no supreme being therefore there no reason to justify the arguments a self acclaimed atheist who wants to change the outlook of his or her neighbour who isn't begging him for anything! cheesy
Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 12:42pm On Nov 29, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

They've already shown that they're RELIGIOUS their problem is lack of critical thinking skills.

You can't come up to compel your neighbour into changing what he believes no matter your intellect as long as you can't present a standard that's practically applicable everywhere and beneficial you just have to accept that whatever anyone believes is good to go.
So for someone to claiming atheist yet trying to change the outlook of his neighbour sounds illogical because that's the job of a SUPREME BEING and atheists say there is no supreme being therefore there no reason to justify the arguments a self acclaimed atheist who wants to change the outlook of his or her neighbour who isn't begging him for anything! cheesy

Exactly
They think they are interacting with fools like them

Look at the image below. That's snowflake ❄
Imagine someone like LordReed calling them a wonder of mindless process. You'll know that his cranium is already too big for his brain 🧠

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:53pm On Nov 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Exactly

The truth is that some of them are SINCERE yet they don't think deeply!

Whatever makes me challenge something then i have what is better to offer so in the absence of a better option i'll rather remain silent.
Whether there is God or not someone who is of the opinion that God does not exist shouldn't raise an argument expecting to win over the other person.

WHY?

Because the simple meaning of the title GOD is SUPREME BEING so if i am not supreme then i have to accept that whatever my neighbour says is the best to his own thinking ability while mine is best to my thinking ability.

The only reason why i can challenge my neighbour's opinion is when i have something better to offer not when i have nothing better! undecided
Re: Does God Exist? by LordReed(m): 1:10pm On Nov 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Exactly

Look at the image below. That's snowflake ❄
Imagine someone like LordReed calling them a wonder of mindless process. You'll know that his cranium is already too big for his brain 🧠

LMAO! Your god is sitting in the clouds and designing snowflakes? Dundi.

3 Likes

Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 1:23pm On Nov 29, 2023
LordReed:

LMAO! Your god is sitting in the clouds and designing snowflakes? Dundi.

Imagine an adult saying this words 'wonder of mindless process'.

Someone's brain needs to be donated to the institute of mental engineering
Bwahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by LordReed(m): 1:28pm On Nov 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Imagine an adult saying this words 'wonder of mindless process'.

Someone's brain needs to be donated to the institute of mental engineering
Bwahahahahaha

Says the person making up a fake institute. Bwahahahahaha!

2 Likes

Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 1:36pm On Nov 29, 2023
LordReed:

Says the person making up a fake institute. Bwahahahahaha!

A suggestion for you
You should be happy
Bwahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by LordReed(m): 1:55pm On Nov 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

A suggestion for you
You should be happy
Bwahahahahaha

I am, thanks.
Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 2:42pm On Nov 29, 2023
LordReed:

I am, thanks.

So walk into any psych institute or hosp and donate that thing
😉
Re: Does God Exist? by LordReed(m): 2:56pm On Nov 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

So walk into any psych institute or hosp and donate that thing
😉

After you. LoLz.
Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 2:58pm On Nov 29, 2023
LordReed:

After you. LoLz.

I did not see a marvel of design and say it's a wonder of mindless process
Even a mad mam won't say that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? by LordReed(m): 3:17pm On Nov 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

I did not see a marvel of design and say it's a wonder of mindless process
Even a mad mam won't say that

Since mad man is your standard you truly should go donate your brain. Bwahahahahaha!

2 Likes

Re: Does God Exist? by Emmanuel30a: 3:57pm On Nov 29, 2023
budaatum:

Pity the same common sense knows nothing about the Bible, or perhaps it's because black man wrote about Ikemefuna and white wrote the Bible?

You'd need more than sense that is common to dig deep enough to know, I guess.
Were...
Re: Does God Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:02pm On Nov 29, 2023
Thorrn:

The reason you keep thinking I'm moving any goalposts is because you haven't thought through the implications of your own argument.

If you're trying to hinge your God's existence on your sweeping belief that nothing in this world created itself, then you haven't accomplished anything significant. Demonstrating the objective existence of your God can't be achieved using mere common sense. If there is a first cause, how are you certain that it is the God you worship and not some other deity.

In all you say you still move and depart from the point of the argument.

I said nothing about first cause and as i told you before, when you say "how are you certain that it is the God you worship and not some other deity" you have inpliedly admitted that it is proven that God exist, but are now changing
the post to ask a presumptive question of "WHICH GOD, created this world, which is not the issue, hence you a departure from the argument.

[quote author=Thorrn post=127219459]
More importantly, the assertion that everything must have a creator also implies that your God must have a creator as well given that your God also falls into the category of things that exist in this world according to the Christians.

You really need to consider the implications of your arguments before you push them forward.

And I have continually stated that I did not say so about "everything must have a creator"

i clearly said
"no thing in this world created itself. For the issue of the existence of God is confined to this world that we know.

And it arises out of this world, and we are all using our knowledge and experiences in this world to make our arguments.

The bible, the first basis of our belief and the major cause of this debate also focuses on this world where we are.

Thus, "space" travel and diving into matters beyond the scope of the argument is a clear departure from the debate.

And the debate is proof of God which I have given and you have still not rebutted, but have rather impliedly admitted.

Thus calling for the proof of God's Origin/Beginning or proof of first cause or proof of your presumption of God/gods who created this world are all are changes of Post and departures from the argument.

The argument is simply proof of God which you have twice impliedly admitted.
Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 5:20pm On Nov 29, 2023
LordReed:

Since mad man is your standard you truly should go donate your brain. Bwahahahahaha!

An adult saying 'wonders of mindless chance'
His brain can only be a product of an accident

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? by LordReed(m): 5:26pm On Nov 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

An adult saying 'wonders of mindless chance'
His brain can only be a product of an accident

Bwahahahaha! There we go, a conversation with you isn't complete until you lie and create a strawman. LMFAO!
Re: Does God Exist? by budaatum: 4:36pm On Dec 01, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:
The bible, the first basis of our belief....

Can't help wonder whom your "our" is.

Re: Does God Exist? by Emmanuel30a: 7:23pm On Dec 01, 2023
[quote author=Dtruthspeaker post=127228612][/quote] You still needs proof of GOD AND THE LORD JESUS CHRIST...? No proof for those awoof(&AWOOL...?), etc; that are doing bullet proof...roofs... Does or did bullet really has roof or proof...? Did you/they needs a proof or roof...? They probably needs a roof... Just a roof is enough... No awoof...
Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 12:57am On Dec 02, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Where did Jesus say 'I am God?'
Why do you talk nonsense?
Try n be reasonable
Yahweh said in his baptism 'This is my beloved son'
Angel Gabriel told Mary that the child in her womb is the son of God
Peter acknowledge him as Son of God
The demons acknowledge him as son of God
Satan challenged him to use his powers selfishly if he truly is the son of God
He was accused of blasphemy by the Jews for calling himself the son of God.

Are you aware that Yahweh called Moses as God?
1. I have given you quotes Jesus Christ called himself god, but you ignored it. I'll re-post it again and hope your blindness allows you to read properly.
Jesus made a statement claiming to be God when He said, “Very truly I tell you, . . . before Abraham was born, I am!” (John 8:58).For example, in John 10:30, Jesus said, “I and the Father are one. The Jews, upon hearing Him, clearly understood that He was claiming preexistence and, more than that, to be Yahweh, the great “I AM” of Exodus 3:14. On this occasion, too, they tried to stone Him for blasphemy. The disciples of Jesus distinctly heard Him declare His deity. After Jesus’ resurrection, Thomas the doubting disciple finally understood Jesus’ deity, declaring Him to be “my Lord and my God” (John 20:28). If Jesus were not Lord and God, He would have corrected Thomas, but He did not; Thomas spoke the truth. This can only mean that Jesus is God. Even God the Father referred to Jesus as God: “About the Son he says, ‘Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever’” (Hebrews 1:8, quoting Psalm 45:6).
John 14:9
Jesus replied, Have I been with all of you for so long a time, and do you not recognize and know Me yet, Philip? Anyone who has seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say then, Show us the Father?

2. Please quote where Yahweh referred to moses as god?

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (63) (Reply)

MFM Probes Pastor For Operating ‘Deliverance’ Centre / UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges / 4 Powerful Reasons Why You Should Attend Church Weekly

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.