Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,784 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures (41187 Views)

Anambra In Diaspora Troop Into State Despite High Cost Of Flight Tickets(photos) / From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. PART 2 / From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by Omoawoke2(m): 10:58pm On Oct 30, 2023
jumper524:
satin you find go sokoto dey shokoto.
its easier to make it in Nigeria than Abroad.
except you want to work through to your old age..

I don't know of this one oo, money dey America o
Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by luizpippo(m): 11:02pm On Oct 30, 2023
Mindlog:

Yimu!

If it is easier to make it in Nigeria, why are 133 million Nigerians multidimensionally poor during Buhari's presidency and expectedly increased now?

Work through your old age....how many Nigerians retire comfortably at age 60?

A Nigerian who is single and earning minimum wage in the UK is 40 times better off than his or her single counterpart in Nigeria, earning minimum wage.

Don't mind the drunken clown
Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by sulaak(m): 11:11pm On Oct 30, 2023
Jollofsaidarice:

Those international company brought in foreigners and pay them in Naira an equivalent of minimum wage or more in their home countries, where's the citizens which is their land their inheritance their government are paid below national minimum wage with disrespect on top. God punish davil and anyone supporting any Nigeria leader.
There should be proper checkmate to how those international pay our people our land and how they pay their nationals.
Eg. Lebanon minimum wage is equivalent to 500k they pay their citizens whereas they barely pay Nigerians 30K.
How disrespect.
At the end Nigeria girls TOTO go suffer
Them go disrespect and abuse the society.

So shut up with all this bulshit you are posting.

Make good research before you post nonsense
Tackle impunity and injustice.

Don't blame foreigners if Nigerian women are LovePeddler. Nigerians cannot travel to Lebanon or China without a Visa and any attempt to abuse their women will be attacked by their local communities.
Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by LeeSantos(m): 11:14pm On Oct 30, 2023
idealogical:
Lebanese folks teach classes in Lebanon on how to enter Nigeria, start a business, and make money, folks from other countries are looking at the vast opportunities in Nigeria and they are rushing to Nigeria to tap the opportunities and make money while some blind and out of focus Nigerian cry and moan about Lebanese people and other foreigners are taking over in Nigeria.

Foreigners see the business opportunities that Nigerians don't' see opportunities in Nigeria.

The Japa people are free to Japa, but the hard work and taxes they don't want to work and pay in Nigeria, they always do it 10 X just to survive abroad and at the end of the day, they end up sending money to Nigeria to keep Nigeria going.

Last year alone, Japa people sent over $21 Billion to Nigeria, they are a top source of revenue for Nigeria.

Basically, if you don't feel like staying in Nigeria to better Nigeria, japa and send your japa money to Nigeria, it's a win win situation for Nigeria.

Some Nigerians are worth more to Nigeria when they japa than to be here in Nigeria, unproductive, wailing and attacking Nigeria for their own failures and inability to apply themselves.

Do you have up to a million naira in your savings? What do you do for a living. I’m just curious

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by tsdarkside(m): 11:16pm On Oct 30, 2023
everybody is moving around....
its not only nigerians....
Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by zumbigbo(m): 11:16pm On Oct 30, 2023
With the wahala in Israel, many Lebanese are japaing to West Africa again....
Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by LeeSantos(m): 11:17pm On Oct 30, 2023
idealogical:
Lebanese folks teach classes in Lebanon on how to enter Nigeria, start a business, and make money, folks from other countries are looking at the vast opportunities in Nigeria and they are rushing to Nigeria to tap the opportunities and make money while some blind and out of focus Nigerian cry and moan about Lebanese people and other foreigners are taking over in Nigeria.

Foreigners see the business opportunities that Nigerians don't' see opportunities in Nigeria.

The Japa people are free to Japa, but the hard work and taxes they don't want to work and pay in Nigeria, they always do it 10 X just to survive abroad and at the end of the day, they end up sending money to Nigeria to keep Nigeria going.

Last year alone, Japa people sent over $21 Billion to Nigeria, they are a top source of revenue for Nigeria.

Basically, if you don't feel like staying in Nigeria to better Nigeria, japa and send your japa money to Nigeria, it's a win win situation for Nigeria.

Some Nigerians are worth more to Nigeria when they japa than to be here in Nigeria, unproductive, wailing and attacking Nigeria for their own failures and inability to apply themselves.

Do you have up to a million naira in your savings? What do you do for a living. I’m just curious.
Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by Voiceofthestree: 11:18pm On Oct 30, 2023
idealogical:

How much is your net worth with proof I wan check something

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by gr8ofnnetwork(m): 11:31pm On Oct 30, 2023
Dear poster, you are absolutely right and on point. The crowds I do see trooping into NIGERIA alone via Ethiopia Airline from Addis is constantly shocking. Indians, Chinese, Brits, and other nationals filled the planes on each trip. Ethiopia to Lagos is a daily movement. Same apply to Ethiopia to Abuja. That of Enugu can't be too sure.

The point is, the number of people entering Nigeria is topnotch.

For me, all hustlers are welcome, the land is wide enough for all.
Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by JapaPrince: 11:37pm On Oct 30, 2023
Long story short
Who paid you
Where did you copy this message from?
Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by jaxxy(m): 11:47pm On Oct 30, 2023
jumper524:

When sime with just thousands of pounds or dollars is already a multimillionaire in Nigeria?
Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by jaxxy(m): 12:04am On Oct 31, 2023
idealogical:

So it's Lebanese u are calling foreigners? Lol

People who come as scavengers to get whatever they can get from struggling countries? They use corrupt political links or the finished exchange rates to take advantage of the poor economy.

Obviously Nigerians running out will come back with Lebanese status whe they earn their dollars and also take advantage of the failed economy.

Some of u dont know what game is being played here. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by sheeda995(f): 12:52am On Oct 31, 2023
Vision101:
@sheeda995

Lol
Where is the opportunity in Nija.

@me
My laundryman is a graduate. He uses very powerful car. He's married with a child. The wife is pregnant now. She attends a school of nursing paid by him. I didn't know that he is also a tailor. Later I got to know.

He's so busy that he works now for select clients. Reason: each time he hires assistants, their quality is always poor and they complain of the pay. They will rather go and drive Keke on hire purchase.

Almost all his younger ones he has been the one sponsoring them.

Since 2016 he has been my laundryman and tailor - all dresses - suit, senator, native etc. I have been very afraid to try a new person.

The major reasons for japa is that most of our people are not good at what they do and they are not ready to grow gradually. They are on the internet abusing the government, complaining and following the dollar rate as of life depends on it.

My laundryman, Ekene is a graduate of accountancy but he has never worked for any paid employment.

You are part of the problem in our Nigerian education. Semi illiterate,although everyone for that country na semi illiterate. Elementary is 1 out of 200million sheep, maybe he's exceptional, that's right but the point is success shouldn't be determined by exceptionality because science has taught us we have very few ones. Go to Europe,America some of the rich were dumb one's. The society should be able to make everyone thrive irrespective of what they do or have chosen to do.

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by Vision101(m): 1:05am On Oct 31, 2023
@sheeda995
You are part of the problem in our Nigerian education. Semi illiterate,although everyone for that country na semi illiterate. Elementary is 1 out of 200million sheep, maybe he's exceptional, that's right but the point is success shouldn't be determined by exceptionality because science has taught us we have very few ones. Go to Europe,America some of the rich were dumb one's. The society should be able to make everyone thrive irrespective of what they do or have chosen to do.

@me
I can't make sense out of what you wrote. grin

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by CloudTrees(f): 1:32am On Oct 31, 2023
Let people travel to where they want and excel
Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by patomberekpe(m): 2:20am On Oct 31, 2023
LIARS, All the countries mentioned especially China, The government of Nigeria gave them free pass to mine our minerals, The Government of Chinese told them to go into Africa to dominate them while bringing fake goods to the country, The Chinese are everywhere in Africa not in Nigeria alone, While other countries mentioned are doing the same, apart from Chinese can you tell me one White man who have a shop in Nigeria?
Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by MarketDispatch: 2:38am On Oct 31, 2023
Kuginzi:

https://dailytrust.com/foreigners-troop-to-nigeria-as-citizens-japa-in-search-of-greener-pastures/

It will keep happening until Nigerian laws that favour foreigners than Nigerians in Nigeria is changed. A Chinese or Lebanese is paid in USD in Nigeria whilst a Nigerian is paid in naira in Nigeria...Nigerians Japa to go and earn the USD they could not earn in their own country due to its own Government laws. The Government laws already show its own people who they favor.

No foreigner will troop to Nigeria if what they come to earn in Nigeria is 30,000 naira, 50,000 naira or 100,000 naira minimum wage per month.

2 Likes

Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by Kevineleven(m): 2:39am On Oct 31, 2023
Nigeria is just like Titanic, it has hit the rock and is sinking gradually
The rich are the ones that can afford to leave,
The poor will drown with it.
God help us.
Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by Moorish: 3:34am On Oct 31, 2023
JASONjnr:

Lol...... What every BMC will write just to get paid at the end of the month....

Abroad is a million times better than this zoo.

You get to pay for your services and get real-time value.

Not buying 1k data that can't even browse through the day. Or use 1k to call a number for 1hr.

Or pay for electricity and use it constantly while in Nigeria, you pay for electricity when you don't even use it.

The economy, standard of living and weather is all friendly compare to the one chance and rituals you face everyday in Nigeria.
I don’t think you can browse the internet throughout the day with $1 anywhere else in the world either
Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by Moorish: 3:34am On Oct 31, 2023
Relocating abroad doesn’t interest me. The only value abroad is for holidays and seeing family.

I dey here kampe
Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by hardcore007: 3:44am On Oct 31, 2023
All these ones na English, japa now if you can abeg to avoid had I know.
No be today nau, those people have always been here it’s not a new thing , Abi dem pay una to make it seem like all is fine.
Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by nini007(m): 4:06am On Oct 31, 2023
idealogical:

You think you've made sense abi? From which money do you want to pay tax in Nigeria? Is our current economy productive and sustainable to the common man? I think you're disillusioned...
Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by Jannyfranc: 4:43am On Oct 31, 2023
Hope they are not terrorists.

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by villagereporter(m): 5:13am On Oct 31, 2023
jumper524:

Trash and TRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..................😜

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by Justiceleague1: 6:23am On Oct 31, 2023
This is what happens when a country is unfortunate to have horrible leaders.

They are ready to pay the expatriates coming in good salaries but they will never pay Nigerians good salaries.

Even ordinary Indian/Ghanian/Philippines sailors working on our own waters receive very decent salaries compared to Nigerian sailors who do same work!

May God help and save Nigerians from evil wicked leaders.
I have worked in a European company before and we were well taken care of until Nigerians were brought in to the management!
The next thing,they contracted virtually all the positions to outside coy while they themselves remained company staff. We are too evil in Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by NinjaMetahuman: 6:58am On Oct 31, 2023
Ozommadu:
I told dipo the twitter ethnic bigot who supported ebola government to come back to Nigeria and enjoy the failure he supported.

The we.rey blocked me angry
because your foolishness deserved to be blocked.

Even Americans and Chinese are all leaving their countries for better opportunities, does that mean they are not developed or have good/bad governance?

All of you will just be forming nuisance on Twitter.

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by GUNITGuy: 7:44am On Oct 31, 2023
jumper524:
You don't know what you are saying ....Just come and taste a good Life and a system that appreciates Talents and hard work ....Then you would Tell the difference........
I don't want to start to explain my experience back in Nigeria here you know them .....
Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by GUNITGuy: 7:58am On Oct 31, 2023
rickleye:
Japa is not for everybody.

But realize that those that are coming are taking advantage of the climate in Nigeria the lawlessness and get away free card that exist , the insecurity, no tax. etc.

China and Indian have billions of people that need to find work so they come to Nigeria. Where they put their people to work here nepotism and deny Nigerians job opportunities. Where they can sleep around with our ladies for Pennies just because they can.
As for Lebanese - I’ll always hate the one with whom I shared a girl friend with simply because he was her boss.
Nigeria has been on a backward slide since 1985 when “ Andrew don’t check out ads” filled the air ways. Instead of fixing stuff we migrate and adapt . Instead of fixing epileptic power supply - we engineer solar and inverters and generators.

Roads are in deplorable state we just migrate to Lekki and Ikoyi and VI areas and abandoned people. Or buy Jeep and trucks .

Refinery last worked in 2000 or so yet we export oil . Just crazy crazy crazy . So for 23 years no government could take on the challenge of bringing the money maker back on line.

We are complacent in our deplorable state when we don’t demand much from those in authority. Kilode .

So screw you .. I am leaving and you have no right to judge me.

They bring in their worst people to take advantage of the System...The Chinese, Lebanese British and French won't likely send their best to Nigeria....They get here become a Lord and King over the best here while the best in Nigeria are Fleeing to their country.....I laugh when they're saying foreigners are coming ....Most of the major companies we call big aren't Big in their Own Country they're so many bigger ones ....if they happen to have one of them in Nigeria it's just a branch and they don't send their best brains there but would employ your best minds ......

It seems the Op doesn't know the games being played by so called Foreign investors to 3rd world country it's usually extractive companies to exploit raw materials hardly finished products ...If they happen to produce finished products it's usually consumer goods like biscuits, plastics, Beverages, Chickens, Milk, Pampers and Pharmaceutical products...and repatriate the money back to their countries while they get Tax incentives for employing Nigerians ...lol 🤣🤣😂😂 make una just dey play with una sef

2 Likes

Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by cmikel: 9:50am On Oct 31, 2023
When I start seeing , Germans, British, Canadians, Americans coming into the country for stay or business .then I will know the country is doing something serious,

For now the nationals you mention only come to take from wat you already have or to milk from your deficiencies.

Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by Tonytonex(m): 10:51am On Oct 31, 2023
Kuginzi:

https://dailytrust.com/foreigners-troop-to-nigeria-as-citizens-japa-in-search-of-greener-pastures/
the Nair is nothing to write home about. Any small money somebody brings abroad is a big money over here
Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by Ozommadu: 10:56am On Oct 31, 2023
NinjaMetahuman:
because your foolishness deserved to be blocked.

Even Americans and Chinese are all leaving their countries for better opportunities, does that mean they are not developed or have good/bad governance?

All of you will just be forming nuisance on Twitter.

Hehehe

Why are you afraid to come and live in same country The criminals you support has developed??

Is that a bad suggestion to make
Re: Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures by Mayeldah(m): 11:20am On Oct 31, 2023
APC propaganda.

What's the ratio?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) / Most Beautiful Cities In Africa / 4 Airplane Facts That Can Cure Any Fear Of Flying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.