Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,445 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

See The 5 Pieces Of Fresh Tomatoes I Bought #700 This Afternoon - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See The 5 Pieces Of Fresh Tomatoes I Bought #700 This Afternoon (30091 Views)

See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) / White Rice With Spicy Chicken Stew. Fresh Tomatoes Is Scarce Today So.... / Pepper And Tomatoes I Bought For N100 At Abeokuta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The 5 Pieces Of Fresh Tomatoes I Bought #700 This Afternoon by Odidigboigbo(m): 6:05pm On Nov 15, 2023
Offpointng:

Someone's compound?? who asked him to rent a house that lives the landlord? or sack has now become a big thing that the toilet or bathroom is too small to accommodate?? balcony nko?

Take something wey get sense boss
Boy is good to keep quiet, than to open your mouth and talk like a slave. This comment exposed that you stay in a swamp or probably in a cafe and has not experienced city life. So he should plant in his toilet or bathroom?
Re: See The 5 Pieces Of Fresh Tomatoes I Bought #700 This Afternoon by Allisgud: 6:14pm On Nov 15, 2023
Na for jumia u order for am abi u buy am for spar undecided undecided
Re: See The 5 Pieces Of Fresh Tomatoes I Bought #700 This Afternoon by Odidigboigbo(m): 6:17pm On Nov 15, 2023
Odidigboigbo:
Boy is good to keep quiet, than to open your mouth and talk like a slave. This comment exposed that you stay in a swamp or probably in a cafe and has not experienced city life. So he should plant in his toilet or bathroom if he is living in a flat or face me and face you right?
Re: See The 5 Pieces Of Fresh Tomatoes I Bought #700 This Afternoon by Evestar200(f): 6:18pm On Nov 15, 2023
ahnie:
This country is gone for good...I say make I burst go market try arrange fresh tomatoes to take prepared yam and tomato egg sauce.

With enough....please,abeg these fresh tomatoes were sold to me at the flat rate of 700 naira.

Ordinary yam n egg sauce stew like this don dey take style wan chop close to 5k to prepare,food that's meant for just one sitting.

I never add canned groundnut oil and eggs o....may God eppus.

These Tomatoes at most shouldn't be more than N300. I know what am saying because I bought tomatoes today.

What is more expensive now is fresh pepper and Onions.

1 Like

Re: See The 5 Pieces Of Fresh Tomatoes I Bought #700 This Afternoon by Litmus: 6:35pm On Nov 15, 2023
I don't know anything easier to grow in your backyard, container, allotment, piece of dirt than tomatoes - maybe bell peppers. There was a time when only few Nigerian household weren't self sufficient in things like peppers, tomatoes, chickens, ducks, goats, eggs and such. Then democracy came and Opposition Politics groomed Nigerians to be needy in everything since needy people make good constituents.

Moral of observation: I live in London, to some the epicenter of modernity and Abroadness, and yet I grow sustainable quantities of tomatoes, peppers, garlic, mint, Rosemary and dwarf apples in containers. I still buy these in supermarket but don't need to.
Re: See The 5 Pieces Of Fresh Tomatoes I Bought #700 This Afternoon by Yankee101: 6:55pm On Nov 15, 2023
It’s not by force to live in cities like Lagos
The extra income you get is taken by high cost of living and a low quality of life

Someone somewhere is buying a small basket for that same amount with onions join

2 Likes

Re: See The 5 Pieces Of Fresh Tomatoes I Bought #700 This Afternoon by Naz34(m): 7:02pm On Nov 15, 2023
ahnie:
This country is gone for good...I say make I burst go market try arrange fresh tomatoes to take prepared yam and tomato egg sauce.

With enough....please,abeg these fresh tomatoes were sold to me at the flat rate of 700 naira.

Ordinary yam n egg sauce stew like this don dey take style wan chop close to 5k to prepare,food that's meant for just one sitting.

Bros i dont know where you stay o. I bought this range of tomato 300 in my area in lagos. Slightly plenty than this

Re: See The 5 Pieces Of Fresh Tomatoes I Bought #700 This Afternoon by Naz34(m): 7:04pm On Nov 15, 2023
NoSmoking:
E no cost reach like this for here o

This is not more than 200 Naira at most
Bros i dont know where he stays o. I bought this range of tomato 300 in my area in lagos. Slightly plenty than this

[/quot

2 Likes

Re: See The 5 Pieces Of Fresh Tomatoes I Bought #700 This Afternoon by 6ixT8: 7:30pm On Nov 15, 2023
If you mo fit japa. Pls relocate to the north. Jos to be precise.

Cost of living for south, would only made you to toil and nothing to show in saving for it.

1 Like

Re: See The 5 Pieces Of Fresh Tomatoes I Bought #700 This Afternoon by zudozz: 7:38pm On Nov 15, 2023
ahnie:

Abeg I wan ask. Che yoruba people follow dey buy these expensive food items, abi Tinubu dey subsidize d price for them?
Re: See The 5 Pieces Of Fresh Tomatoes I Bought #700 This Afternoon by jackmrandy: 7:57pm On Nov 15, 2023
modernWays:

Una get time sef, does that person sounds like someone who can buy those small Tomatos for #700?

Those who normally overpaid for things in Nigeria are too rich to come on Internet to complain about it. He/she is simply an attention seeker.

Here is 200 naira tomatoes. I purposely had to branch at those mama selling tomatoes this evening and had to take a shoot, bought one from here. Image attached. Mind you it's not in the North. It's one of the top state where cost of living is high. A plate was 200 naira. And it's more compared to the photo that OP showed us

3 Likes

Re: See The 5 Pieces Of Fresh Tomatoes I Bought #700 This Afternoon by ufotunang: 8:00pm On Nov 15, 2023
When Fulani herdsmen and bandits are attacking and kidnapping farmers .for some farmers they have to pay the bandits levies, tax money, before the bandits allow the farmers to harvest their crops ..so farmers are afraid of going to their farms.,. and this will cause food scarcity and high costs of food stuffs
Re: See The 5 Pieces Of Fresh Tomatoes I Bought #700 This Afternoon by akezn: 8:11pm On Nov 15, 2023
If you no be ritualist, how you take see money to take buy yam and egg for this BAT economy when Buhari render bankrupt according to Ribadu.
Re: See The 5 Pieces Of Fresh Tomatoes I Bought #700 This Afternoon by SamOchuko: 8:30pm On Nov 15, 2023
ahnie:

Even in Benin ( Sapele road axis) where we say things are expensive, it’s not this expensive, tomato I bought for 500 yesterday is more than this, where do you live bro?

1 Like

Re: See The 5 Pieces Of Fresh Tomatoes I Bought #700 This Afternoon by Mom007(f): 8:53pm On Nov 15, 2023
Odidigboigbo:
Some times you guys tried to be smart and end up being stupid. You didn't border to asked him where he stays. So if he is a tenant in a city, he will just carry sack and plant in someone compound just like that.

You are the one showing your stupidity. That is literally what sack farming is about! Educate yourself ok, ignorance is not cute.

1 Like

Re: See The 5 Pieces Of Fresh Tomatoes I Bought #700 This Afternoon by nedekid: 9:00pm On Nov 15, 2023
iammo:

Don't worry Tinubu will plant it for us in Aso Rock
Abi ohh grin

1 Like

Re: See The 5 Pieces Of Fresh Tomatoes I Bought #700 This Afternoon by Chetas81(m): 9:02pm On Nov 15, 2023
CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU
Re: See The 5 Pieces Of Fresh Tomatoes I Bought #700 This Afternoon by Offpointng: 9:09pm On Nov 15, 2023
Odidigboigbo:
Boy is good to keep quiet, than to open your mouth and talk like a slave. This comment exposed that you stay in a swamp or probably in a cafe and has not experienced city life. So he should plant in his toilet or bathroom?

You've not tackled the point, just dropping like a subliterate that you sound atm. weytin consin Swamp or Cave with weytin we dey talk undecided

Now don't be a dummy and answer the question, wassup with in house cropping??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The 5 Pieces Of Fresh Tomatoes I Bought #700 This Afternoon by Inobeyourmate: 9:13pm On Nov 15, 2023
annford:

Are you aware that one tiny bulb of onion goes for between 120 and 150 Naira in Abuja? I bought 3 baskets of Onions last week Saturday and just couldn't believe how much I paid for those.
i know that, but not in the case of tomatoes, let’s be sincere with ourselves here, I concur as far as onion is concerned

1 Like

Re: See The 5 Pieces Of Fresh Tomatoes I Bought #700 This Afternoon by Nicepoker(m): 9:14pm On Nov 15, 2023
Start planting some of these things in sacks.

2 Likes

Re: See The 5 Pieces Of Fresh Tomatoes I Bought #700 This Afternoon by nedekid: 9:15pm On Nov 15, 2023
Alusiizizi:

Written like a true lazy man. Personally, I find the idea to be intriguing, but a lazy boy like you will ever be dismissive of such ideas because of your "get something for nothing" mindset.
What is lazy about my post? I have started mine and so will have all my ingredients to eat my yam with egg sauce in 80 days. Better start yours fast.
You rather should not be lazy. cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The 5 Pieces Of Fresh Tomatoes I Bought #700 This Afternoon by modernWays: 9:50pm On Nov 15, 2023
jackmrandy:

Here is 200 naira tomatoes. I purposely had to branch at those mama selling tomatoes this evening and had to take a shoot, bought one from here. Image attached. Mind you it's not in the North. It's one of the top state where cost of living is high. A plate was 200 naira. And it's more compared to the photo that OP showed us

Exactly, no where in Nigeria that the traders will share that small portion of tomatoes for #700. Some of them are only on Nairaland to discredit the current administration. We all know things has gone south, but let find a common ground to provide a solution rather than misinform the general public about what is not exist.

2 Likes

Re: See The 5 Pieces Of Fresh Tomatoes I Bought #700 This Afternoon by ahnie: 9:53pm On Nov 15, 2023
SamOchuko:

Even in Benin ( Sapele road axis) where we say things are expensive, it’s not this expensive, tomato I bought for 500 yesterday is more than this, where do you live bro?
The way some of una de talk sef is really annoying...so you de take ordinary Benin city compare asaba shebii??
Benin that cost of living is relatively cheap.
Re: See The 5 Pieces Of Fresh Tomatoes I Bought #700 This Afternoon by zyphr(m): 11:24pm On Nov 15, 2023
ahnie:

Are you people catching cruise or what? You are the second person complaining of tomatoes scarcity here on nairaland. I bought a rubber paint of tomato for 900naira on Friday. In fact my stew for more than 2 month now have always been made from 100percent fresh tomato because of how cheap it is. Rubber paint of tomato has been less than 1200 náírà in the North for over 2months now.

1 Like

Re: See The 5 Pieces Of Fresh Tomatoes I Bought #700 This Afternoon by iammolise(m): 11:31pm On Nov 15, 2023
1pieces no even be 100naira undecided

Re: See The 5 Pieces Of Fresh Tomatoes I Bought #700 This Afternoon by Halcyon123(f): 12:00am On Nov 16, 2023
We are sha enjoying down here in the North. Tomatoes is not that expensive down here

1 Like

Re: See The 5 Pieces Of Fresh Tomatoes I Bought #700 This Afternoon by Juliearth(f): 3:24am On Nov 16, 2023
ahnie:

Are you serious, Ahny? This is becoming unbecoming. Over here in the North, you could get this for less than 50 naira.
Re: See The 5 Pieces Of Fresh Tomatoes I Bought #700 This Afternoon by SamOchuko: 10:30am On Nov 16, 2023
ahnie:

The way some of una de talk sef is really annoying...so you de take ordinary Benin city compare asaba shebii??
Benin that cost of living is relatively cheap.

Why you day take out your frustration on me? Na me do you? You post something I comment on it being and asked where you live, you begin rant, I beg day your day, nor post again if you nor want people to comment

1 Like

Re: See The 5 Pieces Of Fresh Tomatoes I Bought #700 This Afternoon by mechanics(m): 3:45pm On Nov 16, 2023
Tomatoes is cheap now, why is it still expensive in your area?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Finds Lizard In Ice Block He Bought (photos) / How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) / How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.