Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,224 members, 7,822,138 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months (21367 Views)

My Job Is At Risk Because Of Office Romance Involving My Boss / N-power: 3 Reasons Why Most N-power Volunteers Were Not Paid Their Backlogs / This Is What N-Power Fmard-pace Paid Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by HighTable(m): 2:25pm On Oct 31, 2023
Nigerian labour market is a predatory ground. Full of predators looking for the next set of slaves to be used and dumped. This is exactly the condition created by the Nigerian government.
This days if you don't have a plan, you will be part of someone's plan.
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by bajehjoshua(m): 2:28pm On Oct 31, 2023
Sunisonflex39:
Good morning everyone, I don't know if most of you remember me how I was all over nairaland begging for job sometimes last year..

So I gate crashed to this firm around Port Harcourt were I stay, submitted hard copies of my small documents and was called for interview four days letter.it is a bottling a water factory firm owned by one man.
There was no offer letter, we were just sent an SMS to resume work on so and so .

I was asked to resume 7.30 to 6pm on a salary of 25k per month..for the first month, I was paid half with the excuse that company was not going well as per sales, the second month I was not paid atol with two other guys that resumed same time as me but oga was just giving us 300 naira each for TP,we thought he is generous, because we were expecting double Salary by the month end since we didn't get our previous salary.

It got to the third month which is this month, the three of us went to the lady that does HR and complained to her, she said we should take our complaint to the boss.

The next day, the man came to work with a new ride..Lexus saloon car, how did I know it was a new car? He called his friend on phone and we overheard him telling his friend to come to his office and see the new car he got..

Letter that day after work which was Friday, I and the three other guys met him and said we have not been paid for like 3 months sir, the man cuts in and said don't we see how the country is, that if we are tired we should go..

Since Friday I and the two other guys left the work.and still planning on what to do on him.

I know the country is bad, but we should not try to take advantage of job seekers just because you feel they look desperate..

Right now my head is just full..
deflate his tires every day for next 4 weeks
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by OdenKelechi(m): 2:29pm On Oct 31, 2023
Puncture his 4 tyres, break the 2 side mirrors and headlights. Just make sure you damage more than he's owing you and then resign.
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by akpunda86: 2:30pm On Oct 31, 2023
Sunisonflex39:
Good morning everyone, I don't know if most of you remember me how I was all over nairaland begging for job sometimes last year..

So I gate crashed to this firm around Port Harcourt were I stay, submitted hard copies of my small documents and was called for interview four days letter.it is a bottling a water factory firm owned by one man.
There was no offer letter, we were just sent an SMS to resume work on so and so .

I was asked to resume 7.30 to 6pm on a salary of 25k per month..for the first month, I was paid half with the excuse that company was not going well as per sales, the second month I was not paid atol with two other guys that resumed same time as me but oga was just giving us 300 naira each for TP,we thought he is generous, because we were expecting double Salary by the month end since we didn't get our previous salary.

It got to the third month which is this month, the three of us went to the lady that does HR and complained to her, she said we should take our complaint to the boss.

The next day, the man came to work with a new ride..Lexus saloon car, how did I know it was a new car? He called his friend on phone and we overheard him telling his friend to come to his office and see the new car he got..

Letter that day after work which was Friday, I and the three other guys met him and said we have not been paid for like 3 months sir, the man cuts in and said don't we see how the country is, that if we are tired we should go..

Since Friday I and the two other guys left the work.and still planning on what to do on him.

I know the country is bad, but we should not try to take advantage of job seekers just because you feel they look desperate..

Haha is a pity bro depends on Ur heart,my boss in 2002 did that to me in PH and I showed him shege,owed me 9 fucking months December inclusive,I mad cos this man travelled to UK with the family ,well I booked a taxi came to work packed the whole computers in thebIT room with the split ACs,and one HP plotter,left,security guy came back met my absence cos I sent him on an errand.

Message reached my boss he dey vibrate I told him oga send my salary we talk,
I waybilled the whole properties to Enugu cos that was my base..
Stupid man no pay me I converted them to personal use for years till I sold them.

We met at COREN conference at Abuja after like 12 years later , we greeted like noting happened cos I no be boy again anyhow he want am I ready.

If u can lose the 4 tyres carry am bros,if get access to the brain box carry am but don't KILL thou we always wish them dead that eat our sweat

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by caesymore(m): 2:32pm On Oct 31, 2023
Jennyclay:
I don’t care whether you’re being paid or not, I’m just concerned about the peanut 25k salary undecided

I mean, Do people really do 25k salary job in this country Or they are just joking about it

and to make things worst they can’t even pay their workers the nonsense salary without owning them undecided

If you are earning such amounts and you approach me you’re just wasting your time. I will even help you chop the peanut salary you’re earning without any remorse undecided

May God help all you broke and struggling men!!
Shior!!

LOL, you get bad mouth, but on a serious note people are suffering and on the other hand pees dey mean... a nice slip on is worth more than 25k these days.n good save us all
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Ifyz0001: 2:37pm On Oct 31, 2023
Well, I blame Nigeria private employees for not always asking for their pay at the end of each month....

You know you produced something that's why they still kept you there for the month, and at the end of the month no salary ...

The first week of the next month I will storm his office straight, these employers know how to enjoy while their workers suffer.

When it's not govt work that anyhow l, you will get your money shaa, as long as you are still alive

Go to your local govt office look for legal unit there and complain.

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by NOwazobia: 2:39pm On Oct 31, 2023
Olachase:
what is your company into what service did you guys render?

that ur bozz don't have human feelings. how can you be owning your workers salary and you have the mind to get yourself a brand new car,

well we shouldn't jump into conclusion yet till we hear from that ur boss himself

most workers too don't have fear of God i have witness in a company where an employee stole Laptops and smart T.V 40inch

buh if what you said is true, without you committing any crime that ur boss need to be wipe ORAIMO CORD undecided undecided undecided
This is a very stupid take.
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by NOwazobia: 2:42pm On Oct 31, 2023
emmabest2000:
Within the past three months you never complained, until now he buy a new car you start complaining,

Check yourself very well oooo
Hope you're not among the enemy of progress,

If I'm in your shoes I start complaining and threatening to resign after one month of no salary
Another stupid take.

Tell the progress amidst owing workers salary.
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by NOwazobia: 2:46pm On Oct 31, 2023
Avoid a sole proprietorship business.

They don't pay.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Tzar(m): 2:50pm On Oct 31, 2023
Nigerian bosses can be so evil! That is why I pray to God to never let me work for a Nigerian company!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Adewale1603(m): 2:54pm On Oct 31, 2023
spiSeyi:
Maybe your boss got it on credit or dem dash am grin. Meanwhile, why would you be working for 3 months without a pay shocked ur mumu nor too much undecided working without pay is as good as being jobless
being jobless is still better, at least you are on your own and resting. Working without pay is like doing charity, you're using your energy to work, you're still burdened with the cost of transport fare to work each day.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by adanonso(f): 2:57pm On Oct 31, 2023
Jennyclay:
I don’t care whether you’re being paid or not, I’m just concerned about the peanut 25k salary undecided

I mean, Do people really do 25k salary job in this country Or they are just joking about it

and to make things worst they can’t even pay their workers the nonsense salary without owning them undecided

If you are earning such amounts and you approach me you’re just wasting your time. I will even help you chop the peanut salary you’re earning without any remorse undecided

Shior!!

Some teachers are doing 15k job. Some filling station attendance too

1 Like

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Theweekend: 3:00pm On Oct 31, 2023
If he has children just kidnapped one of them and tell him to pay ransom shikina

1 Like

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Valuepaints20(m): 3:07pm On Oct 31, 2023
cry
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by blueAgent(m): 3:14pm On Oct 31, 2023
Mosba:
Consider that as your own quota of sacrifice for the company to move forward. Every Nigerian is sacrificing so that our leaders can acquire multi million naira SUVs.

grin grin grin grin.

Blackman.
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by blueAgent(m): 3:17pm On Oct 31, 2023
Bliztzer:

You come here to mock who are finding it hard. Person wey no wan steal and still want to make it by struggling for himself u dey mock them. If I be ur man, I go tell u go work by urself, and see for urself. No be say those guys want it that way, na condition make fish bend.

You dey mind the clown?

1 Like

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by teemy(m): 3:27pm On Oct 31, 2023
Hello @Sunisonflex39, Sorry about your experience.

You worked for it and as such, you should be paid. However, some 'advice' I've read here will only land you in a cell. Even if you weren't caught doing them, you, as an aggrieved party, would be pointed at as a potential suspect. There are several ways you could use to get this resolved in your favor.

Local government offices have a division for conflict resolution. You can go there and have them invite him. They will
have him reason with you and get your payment or a commitment as to when you get paid. If he signs an undertaking and fails to fulfill it, you will have a document (government backed) you can use to process further legal action. Being a 'big' man with a new car, I doubt he would want to be seen in such a bad light.

One other aspect of not initially confronting is you just might meet in the future or for prior reference. Either of these might be important to you by then. Collecting your money and getting a smile out of him now might help you in the future.

Wishing you well - Teemy

1 Like

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by MadamExcellency: 3:33pm On Oct 31, 2023
Jennyclay:

Shior!!

Why don't you take him to your parents for employment and better welfare?

Ladies of easy virtue. You lack what it takes to repackage talent. You want a ready-made full of curses.

4 Likes

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by JASONjnr(m): 4:09pm On Oct 31, 2023
ppogba:

And if anything happens to him physically or spiritually, you are the first " go to".

In whatever you do, wisdom is the principal thing. Get wisdom.

Your right can turn to your wrong in a jiffy.

A prayer?

You can always win this kind of case.

There's no threat on the text... Just incase you don't know.

It's a prayer.... Court room uses prayer to make demands.
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Kasdat5(m): 4:10pm On Oct 31, 2023
casualobserver:

How do you “cease” a key?

That 1 na your business Oo , as nairaland don turn SAT / TOEFL .
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Azzik: 4:22pm On Oct 31, 2023
Sunisonflex39:

Lawlessness has finished this country... many employers in Nigeria are very wicked and that's why when those Asians come they treat us like slaves in our own countries...in develop countries such can never happen..it's well
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Azzik: 4:25pm On Oct 31, 2023
emmabest2000:
Within the past three months you never complained, until now he buy a new car you start complaining,

Check yourself very well oooo
Hope you're not among the enemy of progress,

If I'm in your shoes I start complaining and threatening to resign after one month of no salary
Stop talking like a fool oga, some employers will tell you to bear as there is no money and I believe that's what he has been telling them.. what do you mean enemy of progress because someone demand his salary...oga says he no get money to pay salary but see money take buy new car, who come be enemy of progress, the oga or the workers...be the judge

1 Like

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Sunisonflex39(m): 4:35pm On Oct 31, 2023
teemy:
Hello @Sunisonflex39, Sorry about your experience.

You worked for it and as such, you should be paid. However, some 'advice' I've read here will only land you in a cell. Even if you weren't caught doing them, you, as an aggrieved party, would be pointed at as a potential suspect. There are several ways you could use to get this resolved in your favor.

Local government offices have a division for conflict resolution. You can go there and have them invite him. They will
have him reason with you and get your payment or a commitment as to when you get paid. If he signs an undertaking and fails to fulfill it, you will have a document (government backed) you can use to process further legal action. Being a 'big' man with a new car, I doubt he would want to be seen in such a bad light.

One other aspect of not initially confronting is you just might meet in the future or for prior reference. Either of these might be important to you by then. Collecting your money and getting a smile out of him now might help you in the future.

Wishing you well - Teemy

Thank you

1 Like

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Tohsynetita1: 4:43pm On Oct 31, 2023
Omoawoke2:
How does this happen that someone will not get paid for 3 months and still working?

This really happens?

Like, is there no authority to report this?
lol, my sister works in a company in Lagos and hasn't been paid since February this year.
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Sunisonflex39(m): 4:50pm On Oct 31, 2023
Tohsynetita1:

lol, my sister works in a company in Lagos and hasn't been paid since February this year.

But she is still there?
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Olaideolayemi(m): 4:52pm On Oct 31, 2023
Bad peoples everywhere..God will guide you!!!
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by jackmrandy: 4:53pm On Oct 31, 2023
state the name of the company, where it is located in PH, so that other applicants who wants to go there for work would not also be a victim of what just happened to you. As for your three months pending salary, you dey PH, you suppose wise na. fire for fire. An eye for an eye, tooth for tooth. even the bible talk am.
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Tohsynetita1: 4:59pm On Oct 31, 2023
Sunisonflex39:

But she is still there?
Yes, not only her o, I don lament if say na me, I go don leave tey, tey, in fact na me they send her money like 2k, 5k, sometimes, she's still dey do Masters program, that's the reason my mom has been there since February because na my mum pension them they use survive with her husband and child. Husband also dey do a hustle but not enough.
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Adewale1603(m): 5:10pm On Oct 31, 2023
Jennyclay:

Shior!!
may Nigeria not happen to you. na your type Yahoo+ boys dey use do rituals. All that glitters is not gold. Contentment is everything in life. We'll surely get there one day. When there's life, there's hope

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Omoawoke2(m): 5:12pm On Oct 31, 2023
Tohsynetita1:

Why is she still going to work. This doesn’t make any sense?? Did they sponsor her education or what?
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Lucasesene(m): 5:15pm On Oct 31, 2023
Sell the car.
Take your salary and return the balance
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Tohsynetita1: 5:15pm On Oct 31, 2023
Omoawoke2:

Why is she still going to work. This doesn’t make any sense?? Did they sponsor her education or what?
No, she's going because "no work forth coming currently"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Access Bank And First Bank Are Recruiting Now? / Questions You Can Ask In An Interview / Help Me Get A Job And I'l Marry You If You Wish.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.