Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,446 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months (21353 Views)

My Job Is At Risk Because Of Office Romance Involving My Boss / N-power: 3 Reasons Why Most N-power Volunteers Were Not Paid Their Backlogs / This Is What N-Power Fmard-pace Paid Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Kobicove(m): 11:50am On Oct 31, 2023
Must of the people reading the story and condemning this wicked employer will do exactly the same thing or worse if they were in his shoes...

Nigerians are just terrible people...they will take a loan from you and refuse to pay back, engage employees and refuse to pay salaries even when the money is available, engage artisans and refuse to pay them.

Very terrible people both the leaders and the followers alike! angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by flexyrule(m): 11:50am On Oct 31, 2023
Lol
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by tolaade1960: 11:50am On Oct 31, 2023
Start looking for another job.
thats truth .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by julybaba(m): 11:50am On Oct 31, 2023
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by MadeINchenzen2: 11:50am On Oct 31, 2023
Burn his office

1 Like

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by BunbleBee: 11:51am On Oct 31, 2023
Average Nigerian is mean!

1 Like

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by YourKarma: 11:51am On Oct 31, 2023
The useless policies of this government will reach everybody.
Your boss, also, is a useless man and I'm sure he voted APC

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Sunisonflex39(m): 11:51am On Oct 31, 2023
Samirana360:
Lol..... He want to use the car to make more money and then pay u..... Just exercise patience...... He said I should tell u... No vex

Is it untill we die of hunger that he will file out millions now for our Burial
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by TheGift: 11:51am On Oct 31, 2023
When anyone starts telling you that if you are tired your should go, then that person is an evil slave master that doesn’t respect your work or value your time. You should get out of there ASP. But make sure you get what is owed you.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Sunisonflex39(m): 11:51am On Oct 31, 2023
pejuakinab:
Show him shege like Tinubu is doing now

How
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Raydave: 11:51am On Oct 31, 2023
Where is that Man that sent a token to the girl that complained similar thing yesterday....I'll be glad if you could render assistance to this Guy/Man
I wish I could but....pocket full🙏
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by dominique(f): 11:52am On Oct 31, 2023
This is why some businesses crumble and perish after some time. How can you treat the people carrying your business so poorly and you expect it to flourish? In another 5 years or so, that company would have crumbled and the boss will be blaming the "wicked" government for his inability to keep it afloat.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Sunisonflex39(m): 11:52am On Oct 31, 2023
rickleye:

Deflate all 4 tires 🛞

The other two guys are getting agitated..I told them to calm down a bit..
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by komekn(m): 11:53am On Oct 31, 2023
Sunisonflex39:
Good morning everyone, I don't know if most of you remember me how I was all over nairaland begging for job sometimes last year..

So I gate crashed to this firm around Port Harcourt were I stay, submitted hard copies of my small documents and was called for interview four days letter.it is a bottling a water factory firm owned by one man.
There was no offer letter, we were just sent an SMS to resume work on so and so .

I was asked to resume 7.30 to 6pm on a salary of 25k per month..for the first month, I was paid half with the excuse that company was not going well as per sales, the second month I was not paid atol with two other guys that resumed same time as me but oga was just giving us 300 naira each for TP,we thought he is generous, because we were expecting double Salary by the month end since we didn't get our previous salary.

It got to the third month which is this month, the three of us went to the lady that does HR and complained to her, she said we should take our complaint to the boss.

The next day, the man came to work with a new ride..Lexus saloon car, how did I know it was a new car? He called his friend on phone and we overheard him telling his friend to come to his office and see the new car he got..

Letter that day after work which was Friday, I and the three other guys met him and said we have not been paid for like 3 months sir, the man cuts in and said don't we see how the country is, that if we are tired we should go..

Since Friday I and the two other guys left the work.and still planning on what to do on him.

I know the country is bad, but we should not try to take advantage of job seekers just because you feel they look desperate..

Right now my head is just full..

Unfortunately 😕 this is a very common phenomenon in Nigeria. The rich take from the poor and never give back .

It's mostly the rich 🤑 that owe me money and never payback.

I am bewildered beyond reason how someone can work for 25k a month in Nigeria, Forgive me. How much is transport,i f you buy pure water 💦 every lunch break how much money will you have at the end of the month❓

Add to that it seems you are a graduate 😨

This evil criminal gang of leaders called politicians have burned 🔥🔥all hope not renewed it. People are no longer suffering but DYING.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Sunisonflex39(m): 11:54am On Oct 31, 2023
TheGift:
When anyone starts telling you that if you are tired your should go, then that person is an evil slave master that doesn’t respect your work or value your time. You should get out of there ASP. But make sure you get what is owed you.
He used the present economic situation in Nigeria to tell us that don't we see how the country is..that he spends more on Diesel.
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by WriterX(m): 11:54am On Oct 31, 2023
I am starting to see a thread of gross work place maltreatment and unjust laying off among private entities and bodies. I think a thread about this on Twitter should bring in awareness on the level of nonsense that's going on here. We have all been cheated someway or somehow. HOW DO WE FIGHT BACK? there has to be way!

This grave armed robbery by employers can stop. Let's talk naira landers.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by InvertedHammer: 11:55am On Oct 31, 2023
Sunisonflex39:
Good morning everyone, I don't know if most of you remember me how I was all over nairaland begging for job sometimes last year..

So I gate crashed to this firm around Port Harcourt were I stay, submitted hard copies of my small documents and was called for interview four days letter.it is a bottling a water factory firm owned by one man.
There was no offer letter, we were just sent an SMS to resume work on so and so .

I was asked to resume 7.30 to 6pm on a salary of 25k per month..for the first month, I was paid half with the excuse that company was not going well as per sales, the second month I was not paid atol with two other guys that resumed same time as me but oga was just giving us 300 naira each for TP,we thought he is generous, because we were expecting double Salary by the month end since we didn't get our previous salary.

It got to the third month which is this month, the three of us went to the lady that does HR and complained to her, she said we should take our complaint to the boss.

The next day, the man came to work with a new ride..Lexus saloon car, how did I know it was a new car? He called his friend on phone and we overheard him telling his friend to come to his office and see the new car he got..

Letter that day after work which was Friday, I and the three other guys met him and said we have not been paid for like 3 months sir, the man cuts in and said don't we see how the country is, that if we are tired we should go..

Since Friday I and the two other guys left the work.and still planning on what to do on him.

I know the country is bad, but we should not try to take advantage of job seekers just because you feel they look desperate..

/
I bet Keke drivers make more than N25k/month.

Why not stay away from the slave labour?

/
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Sunisonflex39(m): 11:55am On Oct 31, 2023
komekn:

Unfortunately 😕 this is a very common phenomenon in Nigeria. The rich take from the poor and never give back .

It's mostly the rich 🤑 that owe me money and never payback.

I am bewildered beyond reason how someone can work for 25k a month in Nigeria, Forgive me. How much is transport,i f you buy pure water 💦 every lunch break how much money will you have at the end of the month❓

Add to that it seems you are a graduate 😨

This evil criminal gang of leaders called politicians have burned 🔥🔥all hope not renewed it. People are no longer suffering but DYING.

TP alone is 12400 sir
I got no choice
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by REDshouse(m): 11:55am On Oct 31, 2023
Just chill for him and continue to work while u plan ur next chess move... Don't ask for the salary again ...

It's a water company... I will suggest u pollute the water and let customers, complain and see his biz decline astronomically after losing customers .... U can get some ants and lizard to implant in some bottle water to be dispatch

I no too wicked but at times u don't have to bully or maltreat your workers in their front .....

4 Likes

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Antoeni(m): 11:56am On Oct 31, 2023
He Bought The Car From a Distress or Stranded Seller
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by flexyrule(m): 11:56am On Oct 31, 2023
Jennyclay:
I don’t care whether you’re being paid or not, I’m just concerned about the peanut 25k salary undecided

I mean, Do people really do 25k salary job in this country Or they are just joking about it and to make things worst they even pay their workers the nonsense salary without owning them undecided

If you are earning such amounts and you approach me you’re just wasting your time. I will even help you chop the peanut salary you’re earning without any remorse undecided

May God help all you broke and struggling men!!
Shior!!
As in?

Before I take any job, first thing I do is to divide the net monthly salary by the number of days I'll be working.

Then I ask myself, is there anything I can do, that can be fetching me that amount on a daily or monthly basis.

Furthermore, I can't work for any amount less than what I previously worked for. If you like, promise me heaven and earth.

Life Na ahead ahead.
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Quebec91(m): 11:56am On Oct 31, 2023
Where do you live, work and qualification?
Sunisonflex39:

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by 3ice9ce: 11:57am On Oct 31, 2023
WhisperedNoise:

What if investigation is carried out and all fingers point to the op? He'll go to prison for manslaughter. Be calming down sah.

He won't die, but he fit enter gutter. If he has an accident, VIO will write that his brake failed.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by GloriousGbola: 11:57am On Oct 31, 2023
As an employer i will not say anything

OP may also be adding his own pepper to the story

who says the car was not bought and paid for before OP was engaged?

it can take three to six months after ordering a car before it gets to you, more so in these times
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Aaaaarghmed(m): 11:58am On Oct 31, 2023
May God punish him ,that car engine go knock,both the gear
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Chigozie321: 11:58am On Oct 31, 2023
Sunisonflex39:

All these wahala for 25k? Well, if you can do freelance marketing for N40k plus other incentives in Portharcourt. DM me
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by WhisperedNoise: 11:58am On Oct 31, 2023
3ice9ce:

He won't die, but he fit enter gutter. If he has an accident, VIO will write that his brake failed.

What if the company has a CCTV camera that captures the act? What if the man dies? What if others snitch on him to curry favor from oga?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Godmademan(m): 12:00pm On Oct 31, 2023
99% of Nigerians are evil. Especially the 'Elders'. Take it to the bank.
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by spiSeyi: 12:01pm On Oct 31, 2023
Maybe your boss got it on credit or dem dash am grin. Meanwhile, why would you be working for 3 months without a pay shocked ur mumu nor too much undecided working without pay is as good as being jobless

1 Like

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by NaijaCover(m): 12:02pm On Oct 31, 2023
Nawa o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tabor Energy Solutions Fresh Graduate Trainee Program / Can I Still Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree In Accounting? / Questions You Can Ask In An Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.