Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,543 members, 7,812,697 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? (15722 Views)

FRSC Ranks And Salary: What You Need To Know Before Joining The Federal Road Saf / My Job Is At Risk Because Of Office Romance Involving My Boss / Lagos Teachers Salary - What To Expect If Recruited (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by operotimi: 11:45am On Nov 01, 2023
E be like say na Lokoja you dey
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Pootle: 11:46am On Nov 01, 2023
UcheKingsley1:
May thunder scatter your employer.

He is a crook , he dey use you gather money. Carry is laptop disappear, sell am, use the proceed to do something better, fvck him

jus go rent gun for kalabosa blast the mf leg
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by GoodRocks: 11:47am On Nov 01, 2023
Peejayz:
I started teaching at this private school in September. My salary is 10k per month ( I had no choice than to take the job due to alot of challenges I'm facing). My first salary, the man sent 5k (no joke) , I thought it was a mistake from his side , so I went to meet him in his office, he told it wasn't mistake....

I asked him how can I cope with 5k for a month, he said when student pay school fee, he will pay me my balance, I agreed with him ....

Then the next salary came in today , still 5k, I'm so angry and tired at this point... Alot of debt on my head .... 5k can't even clear them , not to talk of what I will use to feed myself.... This is unfair..... I plan to resign... But at this moment, I don't know where I will see money to feed .....

I'm confused at this point, I don't even know what I'm going to do at this point

You mean 100k a month abi 10k? 😳 shocked

As in, 10k? My goodness!

Dude, I am complaining that 60k isn't enough for me for a day because I dey spend am for foodstuffs considering the fact I'm a businessman, but here is someone receiving 10k a months 😱. God forgive my complaints ooo.

Oga you better go and learn a trade. I'll advise you to quit that job ASAP and look for something reasonable to do with your life. Working for oneself is far better than working for others. Except of course it is an FG job

1 Like

Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Gentlesoul2021(m): 11:49am On Nov 01, 2023
Peejayz:
I started teaching at this private school in September. My salary is 10k per month ( I had no choice than to take the job due to alot of challenges I'm facing). My first salary, the man sent 5k (no joke) , I thought it was a mistake from his side , so I went to meet him in his office, he told it wasn't mistake....

I asked him how can I cope with 5k for a month, he said when student pay school fee, he will pay me my balance, I agreed with him ....

Then the next salary came in today , still 5k, I'm so angry and tired at this point... Alot of debt on my head .... 5k can't even clear them , not to talk of what I will use to feed myself.... This is unfair..... I plan to resign... But at this moment, I don't know where I will see money to feed .....

I'm confused at this point, I don't even know what I'm going to do at this point

Did u have any contract signed...
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by kwasoly(m): 11:54am On Nov 01, 2023
Peejayz:

Start private lesson for your students at a minimal price and quit that slave work.
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by hstar: 11:54am On Nov 01, 2023
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by 123papas(m): 11:54am On Nov 01, 2023
Go and farm.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Eldani89: 11:56am On Nov 01, 2023
Peejayz:

E nor even reach for data sef. E better to go work for site for daily pay.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by bukatyne(f): 11:59am On Nov 01, 2023
Peejayz:

Sometimes, we make wrong decisions out of desperation which is understandable.

In Nigeria of today, except you live with your parents (no rent, feeding, clothing, or any bills) and the job is trekkable to your house (zero transport), a job of N10k is a terrible decision.

The first thing you should do is resign.

Even if it is only garri & water you have at home, lock up and think long and hard on what you can do to earn a living.

Look around you, there must be something you can start with zero capital to survive till something else comes up.

Some of the things I can think of is washing cars at a fee maybe N1k (look around for neighbours who can afford it. All you need is a bucket, towel and satchet of detergent), going to market for people, joining a bricklayer team (if you live in a new site), helping people sweep their compound/houses, joining a canteen or buka (wash plates, fetch water, join cooking/serving) etc.

It is well with you.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by pocohantas(f): 12:03pm On Nov 01, 2023
GloriousGbola:

story feels like click bait

It better be.

Tallesty1:
I think your salary is your biggest challenge.

It won't do sh!t and it won't give you time to find something that can earn you better money.

Resign

How do they stay on these jobs? 10k, 5k?
Arggggghhh!
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Trustedpronet: 12:03pm On Nov 01, 2023
Not easy for so many boss this era
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by imawinnerman: 12:07pm On Nov 01, 2023
Go half a month to work. Basically, keep the same energy πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ, he/she will more or less have to fix up
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by vivalavida(m): 12:07pm On Nov 01, 2023
God in heaven knows I can't survive on 10k. Yesterday alone, I spent more than 10k. I will spend further more 30k before the week runs out. Mehn, some have it worse.
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Exceed15: 12:10pm On Nov 01, 2023
How on earth are u working under this wicked man. Find something else to do bro. This is humiliation.
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Karleb(m): 12:11pm On Nov 01, 2023
Peejayz:

Look for another job or change location.

Before you leave his school, steal something valuable.

May thunder strike the man dead! Wicked people!
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by adesegun121(m): 12:17pm On Nov 01, 2023
Peejayz:

After posting on my whatsapp status someone want to assist with 10k tomorrow

Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by benjanny(m): 12:20pm On Nov 01, 2023
Your employer sold his or her conscience long ago
Bleep him or her
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Sicilyjoe: 12:23pm On Nov 01, 2023
@poster is the school in aba or abia state ?
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by ezewealth(m): 12:31pm On Nov 01, 2023
You mean 5k in a whole month??, some ppl dey see shege pro max o. 10k self dey very very poor. I rather hawk sachet water. 10k com dey pay half, nawa for some boss o, me on my own can never employ anyone and pay me under 20k, if I can pay like that I rather be doing it my self
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Swagk101(m): 12:32pm On Nov 01, 2023
Fear too dey hold us in this country, person dey pay you 5k out of 10k and you no fit drop him number make we help you talk sense to him head...continue dey do slavery.
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by karkinase(m): 12:32pm On Nov 01, 2023
Peejayz:

Ogun state
You sef what wrong with you.. 10K can’t even last a day. And you wait full month to collect this.. Abeg pray make GOD uplift you and leave that chain. Ahn ahn
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by integrity16(m): 12:47pm On Nov 01, 2023
$8 dollars per month?? Start looking for another Job.
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Tohmey(m): 12:48pm On Nov 01, 2023
The man no get human simpathy at all.
My shop secretary I pay 35k per month
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Snow2six(m): 12:49pm On Nov 01, 2023
Him de find who go pity am ask 4 him aza, na wetin de reign here,abi 1 gal sef run d fmt and moni drop lol
Bragalane:
You are lying.

Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by JimD(m): 12:50pm On Nov 01, 2023
What kind of skill do you have that's marketable?
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Johnson225(m): 12:56pm On Nov 01, 2023
Snow2six:
Him de find who go pity am ask 4 him aza, na wetin de reign here,abi 1 gal sef run d fmt and moni drop lol

grin grin grin
my gee, i just dey laugh reading comments here

3 Likes

Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Tallesty1(m): 1:00pm On Nov 01, 2023
pocohantas:

How do they stay on these jobs? 10k, 5k?
Arggggghhh!
I know someone that was earning N15k as of last year.

She later resigned.
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by pocohantas(f): 1:00pm On Nov 01, 2023
Tallesty1:
I know someone that was earning N15k as of last year.

She later resigned.

Omooo!!! As what, please?
What does she do now?
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Traplord09: 1:06pm On Nov 01, 2023
Peejayz:

JuST DA PLAY

πŸ˜πŸ€“πŸ€“πŸ€“πŸ€“

Keep pushing GOD is in control..
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Tallesty1(m): 1:10pm On Nov 01, 2023
pocohantas:

Omooo!!! As what, please?
Private school teacher. grin grin grin grin grin The first institution Satan found when he visited earth in modern time.

pocohantas:

What does she do now?
Works at EasyBuy
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Johnson225(m): 1:11pm On Nov 01, 2023
adesegun121:

After posting on my whatsapp status someone want to assist with 10k tomorrow

nice gesture. but bro, this story is fake as hell...
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by teacherbim(f): 1:17pm On Nov 01, 2023
This is an embarrassment to teachers , I cant even do private lesson for 30k not to talk of working n a school for 10k , what rubbish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Massive Recruitment At Manish Food Industries, Ogun State / CBN Recruiting For Various Roles / Save The Children Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment (8 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.