Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,339 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? (15775 Views)

FRSC Ranks And Salary: What You Need To Know Before Joining The Federal Road Saf / My Job Is At Risk Because Of Office Romance Involving My Boss / Lagos Teachers Salary - What To Expect If Recruited (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Peejayz: 10:29am On Nov 01, 2023
Majesty7:

Please how much is the average school fees? Like how many students are there?

Try to see if you can be teaching students at home without leaving your teaching job.

Sorry oo is not better you work in betting shops as attendant or at filling stations? Teaching job in developing private schools comes with lot of sacrifice. Your boss is also not a good employer. Even if he has issues, he should carry his workers along
the school has up to 50 students there about.... They pay 15k - 25k....
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by spencekat(m): 10:29am On Nov 01, 2023
PUSSYHOE:
5k To Bleep pussy_
And bro and some bannies dey collect his 10k salary as tdb money o. That guy don suffer even if him no be uni,poly or college of education graduate.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by akpunda86: 10:30am On Nov 01, 2023
Peejayz:
I started teaching at this private school in September. My salary is 10k per month ( I had no choice than to take the job due to alot of challenges I'm facing). My first salary, the man sent 5k (no joke) , I thought it was a mistake from his side , so I went to meet him in his office, he told it wasn't mistake....

I asked him how can I cope with 5k for a month, he said when student pay school fee, he will pay me my balance, I agreed with him ....

Then the next salary came in today , still 5k, I'm so angry and tired at this point... Alot of debt on my head .... 5k can't even clear them , not to talk of what I will use to feed myself.... This is unfair..... I plan to resign... But at this moment, I don't know where I will see money to feed .....

I'm confused at this point, I don't even know what I'm going to do at this point

Ur location Ur boss deserves death.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Blitzking: 10:30am On Nov 01, 2023
Peejayz:
I started teaching at this private school in September. My salary is 10k per month ( I had no choice than to take the job due to alot of challenges I'm facing). My first salary, the man sent 5k (no joke) , I thought it was a mistake from his side , so I went to meet him in his office, he told it wasn't mistake....

I asked him how can I cope with 5k for a month, he said when student pay school fee, he will pay me my balance, I agreed with him ....

Then the next salary came in today , still 5k, I'm so angry and tired at this point... Alot of debt on my head .... 5k can't even clear them , not to talk of what I will use to feed myself.... This is unfair..... I plan to resign... But at this moment, I don't know where I will see money to feed .....

I'm confused at this point, I don't even know what I'm going to do at this point
This is insane..the 10k sef is even small.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Emperor5(m): 10:30am On Nov 01, 2023
Op what is your qualification?
If you're graduate and reside in Abuja dm me.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Fryx: 10:30am On Nov 01, 2023
Peejayz:

Don’t bother about the rest. Focus on looking for other jobs for now.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by lomprico(m): 10:31am On Nov 01, 2023
yesloaded:
10k is very small no matter whatever not to talk of 5k

I earn 1900naira as a class teacher exactly 20yrs ago but my pay for extra lesson is 200naira per day so at the end of the month I earn close to 5k

Now, carefully looking at purchasing power of 1900naira in 2003 compare to 2023 makes me conclude that you need to leave that job & look for something better to do

1900 in 2003 is also very poor, why didn't you leave then?
I was still in school by then and my alawee was 20k per session that is about 5k per month. Corpers were earning 9800 then.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by viodemus: 10:31am On Nov 01, 2023
This one pass lack of communication.

The boss is not a boss, he is opportune and just plain greedy.

He no sabi be boss, but he go force the issue without a plan.

Sorry for your current predicament. I hope things turn around.

Nigeria since Buhari has been on an even faster downward spiral, and now it is jet speed spiral. instead, this guy will go and buy all the modern cars just to flex for some people. The criminal has lost touch with normal Nigeria.

God go try for all, but we all have to try individually. If you have to manage, then manage, but pay who dey help your legal business.
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Emeskhalifa(m): 10:31am On Nov 01, 2023
UcheKingsley1:
May thunder scatter your employer.

He is a crook , he dey use you gather money. Carry is laptop disappear, sell am, use the proceed to do something better, fvck him

Most of you guys have no idea what it entails to run a business hence saying all these cry

1 Like

Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by lomprico(m): 10:31am On Nov 01, 2023
Petersamuel8:
Are you sure staying at home is not better than 10k salary?

It is o!
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Peejayz: 10:31am On Nov 01, 2023
Sultty:
no offence o, op just to clarify. Do u mean he suppose to pay 10k per week as to the 5k he is currently paying??
per month.... The thing I'm an undergraduate, so I'm trying to find money to sort myself in school
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by pocohantas(f): 10:31am On Nov 01, 2023
10k per month salary?
This better be for traffic
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Mhizzard(m): 10:32am On Nov 01, 2023
Peejayz:
alot of debt on my head currently....
before you quit,find alternative cus half bread is better than none
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Peejayz: 10:32am On Nov 01, 2023
Emperor5:
Op what is your qualification?
If you're graduate and reside in Abuja dm me.
I'm still an undergraduate.... I stay at ogun
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Blitzking: 10:32am On Nov 01, 2023
Peejayz:

Look for space and run private tutorial..you can charge 2k per month 5 to 6pm daily...advertise to ppl..you can look for ply wood..or do private tutorials for students..you will earn more that what u currently earn
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by olisefom: 10:33am On Nov 01, 2023
Peejayz:

Pathetic stories everywhere. Where do you stay @op
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Wasky101: 10:33am On Nov 01, 2023
Peejayz:

Why u no find sales boy job or bar man.
They pay alot better and u go dey get tips
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Lovelyn451(f): 10:33am On Nov 01, 2023
Bear with him, na your fellow Yoruba kinsman, na so una dey do...thieves

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Britishcoins(m): 10:34am On Nov 01, 2023
Some things I read on Nairaland always sound like a fiction.. What are doing with 10k job at this period of high inflation?
Why can't you do any menial farm work...
Save 50k starry buying and selling men slippers on a busy market and what happen to start with pos operation? I have educated lazy fools..
Give ur life a better living lazy ass young man
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Peejayz: 10:34am On Nov 01, 2023
pocohantas:
10k per month salary?
This better be for traffic
this is my reality
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by olisefom: 10:34am On Nov 01, 2023
Blitzking:

Look for space and run private tutorial..you can charge 2k per month 5 to 6pm daily...advertise to ppl..you can look for ply wood..or do private tutorials for students..you will earn more that what u currently earn

Very good suggestion. How can someone be earning 10k to start with?
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by KIDfurniture(m): 10:34am On Nov 01, 2023
Discover yourself or leave the job

Peejayz:

Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Petacephas: 10:34am On Nov 01, 2023
I don't blame the employee but the employee. How could you have brought yourself to that level. Even if you choose to sell sachet water you would earn more than that. Find something better. Except you are not telling us the truth.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by spencekat(m): 10:34am On Nov 01, 2023
akpunda86:

Ur location Ur boss deserves death.
Easy grin.Say no to murder.
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Peejayz: 10:35am On Nov 01, 2023
olisefom:

Pathetic stories everywhere. Where do you stay @op
ogun
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by phemmyfour: 10:35am On Nov 01, 2023
Peejayz:

It must be a mushroom school. Look for a standard school
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by badoh(m): 10:36am On Nov 01, 2023
Let people know your qualifications and experience, peradventure someone here might be willing to help you out.
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by spencekat(m): 10:37am On Nov 01, 2023
lomprico:

1900 in 2003 is also [/b]very poor,[b] why didn't you leave then?
I was still in school by then and my alawee was 20k per session that is about 5k per month. Corpers were earning 9800 then.
Poor and manageable,not very poor as you implied.Check well,I doubt if corp members were collecting 9800 in 2003.
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by spencekat(m): 10:38am On Nov 01, 2023
badoh:
Let people know your qualifications and experience, peradventure someone here might be willing to help you out.
He is an undergraduate.
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by OZIOGU1: 10:38am On Nov 01, 2023
Peejayz:

Where is your location? if you are around, Nasarawa, Niger and Kogi DM pls.
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Omoapena(m): 10:38am On Nov 01, 2023
Imagine receiving a salary of 10k a month, people are really going through a lot .

Which state are you OP?
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Peejayz: 10:39am On Nov 01, 2023
Omoapena:
Imagine receiving a salary of 10k a month, people are really going through a lot .

Which state are you OP?
ogun

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Are Your Experiences With GNLD??? / Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? / Apply Now For Embassy Of France To Nigeria Recruitment 2017 - See Details Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.