Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,762 members, 7,813,531 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? - Jobs/Vacancies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? (15724 Views)

FRSC Ranks And Salary: What You Need To Know Before Joining The Federal Road Saf / My Job Is At Risk Because Of Office Romance Involving My Boss / Lagos Teachers Salary - What To Expect If Recruited (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by teewhyhomes: 4:20pm On Nov 01, 2023
Happy new month everyone. Teewhyhomes provides solutions to Real Estate problems in Nigeria. You can reach out to us today via our website.
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Josephamstrong1(m): 4:27pm On Nov 01, 2023
LookBeautifulPe:

Then he should increase the school fees of students. What can 10k do in Nigeria right now??

Bro, it’s not as easy as you think.
The guy shouldn’t have taken the job, or better still engage in extra classes to earn more. If the school has over a thousand population and pay the guy 30k, he’s still being underpaid.
According to him the population is 50. If the story is true, we need to know how much each child pays before we can now get involved.
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by LookBeautifulPe(f): 4:44pm On Nov 01, 2023
Josephamstrong1:

Bro, it’s not as easy as you think.
The guy shouldn’t have taken the job, or better still engage in extra classes to earn more. If the school has over a thousand population and pay the guy 30k, he’s still being underpaid.
According to him the population is 50. If the story is true, we need to know how much each child pays before we can now get involved.

30k is a more substantial sum than 10k. The man isn't even paying him his whole salary. What can 5k do?
Please if you can't afford to pay your workers, don't employ
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Pickmycall: 4:47pm On Nov 01, 2023
African employers are worst than chinese and indian respectively.
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Obiworld2020: 5:08pm On Nov 01, 2023
If you can stood so low to take a job of 10k a month in a country like Nigeria that is flowing with milk and honey, then I put it to you that laziness runs in your vain and survival is really far from you.

Note: I don't need your explanation, keep it to yourself.
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by BeigJawnson(m): 5:30pm On Nov 01, 2023
Peejayz:
I started teaching at this private school in September. My salary is 10k per month ( I had no choice than to take the job due to alot of challenges I'm facing). My first salary, the man sent 5k (no joke) , I thought it was a mistake from his side , so I went to meet him in his office, he told it wasn't mistake....

I asked him how can I cope with 5k for a month, he said when student pay school fee, he will pay me my balance, I agreed with him ....

Then the next salary came in today , still 5k, I'm so angry and tired at this point... Alot of debt on my head .... 5k can't even clear them , not to talk of what I will use to feed myself.... This is unfair..... I plan to resign... But at this moment, I don't know where I will see money to feed .....

I'm confused at this point, I don't even know what I'm going to do at this point

Look for another school and resign
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Thazard(m): 6:46pm On Nov 01, 2023
Maj196:
Hmmm, 10k per month... May thunder strike your employer o
cheesycheesycheesy
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by yetty247(f): 6:46pm On Nov 01, 2023
[quote author=Peejayz post=126730060]I started teaching at this private school in September. My salary is 10k per month ( I had no choice than to take the job due to alot of challenges I'm facing). My first salary, the man sent 5k (no joke) , I thought it was a mistake from his side , so I went to meet him in his office, he told it wasn't mistake....

I asked him how can I cope with 5k for a month, he said when student pay school fee, he will pay me my balance, I agreed with him ....

Ni nu rogbodiyan yi.... God have mercy on us oo
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Whatisurproblem(m): 7:08pm On Nov 01, 2023
Peejayz:
I started teaching at this private school in September. My salary is 10k per month ( I had no choice than to take the job due to alot of challenges I'm facing). My first salary, the man sent 5k (no joke) , I thought it was a mistake from his side , so I went to meet him in his office, he told it wasn't mistake....

Then the next salary came in today , still 5k, I'm so angry and tired at this point... Alot of debt on my head .... 5k can't even clear them , not to talk of what I will use to feed myself.... This is unfair..... I plan to resign... But at this moment, I don't know where I will see money to feed .....

I'm confused at this point, I don't even know what I'm going to do at this point
$10 is very ok, I learned you are a Tinubu supporter? God will reduce that #10k to #1k.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Smithwilliams826: 7:17pm On Nov 01, 2023
Peejayz:

Good advice, resign without informing him. Bad advice, wait till exam time, don't mark, don't record, just resign and leave with the answer papers.
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Adeneeyee84: 7:33pm On Nov 01, 2023
Mhizzard:
How do you cope for a month?5k is not even sufficient a week.
5k a week?
Immediately I leave my house gate definitely 5k is out of my pocket on a daily basis
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by MartinsD12(m): 7:34pm On Nov 01, 2023
Peejayz:

Jesus Christ 10 per month , where in naija is this happening why not give us the name of the school and the owner, is he crazy
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by MrJames007: 8:08pm On Nov 01, 2023
UcheKingsley1:
May thunder scatter your employer.

He is a crook , he dey use you gather money. Carry is laptop disappear, sell am, use the proceed to do something better, fvck him

Modified
You are tinubu supporter grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin grin grin grin

Fvck U 🖕op
lol
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by bsalawu: 10:25pm On Nov 01, 2023
Peejayz:

Where in Ogun State are you. Give a brief details of yourself and your qualifications
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by amitage: 10:34pm On Nov 01, 2023
Must you teach? Look for something else to do. Education limit Nigerians from doing some profitable jobs which they consider dirty. The car wash near my house pays at least N500 commission per car to the car washers N500 for 6 cars a day for 6 days a week gives N72,000 per month
Peejayz:

Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by caesymore(m): 2:27am On Nov 02, 2023
Mhizzard:
How do you cope for a month?5k is not even sufficient a week.

NOt even for a day, damn... suffer dey this life sha
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by tioyoung(m): 2:58am On Nov 02, 2023
Private school owners na ur mate 😂
Very trikish set of people
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by oxiide22(m): 11:21am On Nov 02, 2023
Billionairly:
lol, OP is a proud Tinubu supporter, Bet the guy holding half your 10k is also a yoruba man...Why not shout ronu?

Jokes apart ur obviously passing through alot. If not for ur tribalistiic tendencies I would have asked you to drop an eth address, so I can send you 200USD...But Im expecting your fellow agbadorians to support with something, even if its some oil to add to your soup. Pele!

And to those who are shocked about the Salary you should know that this is the reality for alot of people residing in small towns in nigeria, If the place of work, be it school or hotel or farm is a stone throw from their house in that village, and they are living with their parents, that 10k is seen as seen as added income to the family. 10k X 12 months is 120k. Would you rather he stays at home doing nothing. You are all acting shocked, at least the young man has a place to go and channel his energy for some stipends and gain experience. Those asking him to quit, Una go give am job for in village? and if you give 70k job in lagos, who will pay his house rent and transport? would he be better off?

Stop deceiving yourselves on nairaland, this the reality for alot of nigerians. A married man with 2 kids is driving one of my cousins for 50k per month in Abuja. he has to pay transport to get to work, pay rent to live in a shackle in Abuja and then split the remainder of the 50k with 4 people, tell me is the poster not better off with 10k as a student?
Awnm! U mean audio 200USD?

1 Like

Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by newface01(m): 12:21pm On Nov 02, 2023
Bro just forget that work and move on. If you don't mind, I can help you get another work maybe a security work in a company.
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Love800(m): 1:49pm On Nov 03, 2023
Hw can one do dis?
360command:
selling bread and egg fried will give you more than 5k.
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by 360command: 8:07pm On Nov 03, 2023
Love800:
Hw can one do dis?
same was the northerners are doing it.
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Love800(m): 8:15pm On Nov 03, 2023
Pls explain.
And hw much are they making daily?
360command:
same was the northerners are doing it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

CBN Recruiting For Various Roles / Recruitment For Academic And Non-academic Positions At Caleb University / Save The Children Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment (8 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.