Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,317 members, 7,829,765 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? (15766 Views)

FRSC Ranks And Salary: What You Need To Know Before Joining The Federal Road Saf / My Job Is At Risk Because Of Office Romance Involving My Boss / Lagos Teachers Salary - What To Expect If Recruited (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by pocohantas(f): 1:17pm On Nov 01, 2023
Tallesty1:
Private school teacher. grin grin grin grin grin The first institution Satan found when he visited earth in modern time.

Works at EasyBuy

I know say na them! I just needed to confirm.
Congrats to her for escaping the devil's claws.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by LookBeautifulPe(f): 1:18pm On Nov 01, 2023
Josephamstrong1:

Only you made sense.
Most comments you’re seeing here are from jobless youths that haven’t run a business successfully in their lives.
What if this man has just 50kids and from Nursery 1 to basic 6 is 10 teachers. 10,000 x 10teacher per month is 100k then multiply it by 4months of a term. 400k on just teachers. What about other expenses involved in running a school? What if he collects 10k as school fees? When you know most parents doesn’t pay till the end of a term. How do you as a proprietor run this school business? If not for your sensible comment, I won’t have commented.
The right questions should be done.
Yes, economy is bad and many are depressed, what happens to private businesses, where do they get their support from? Most companies are now retrenching their staff and shutting down cos of what? Employees won’t understand until they wear the shoes of being an employer of labour.

Then he should increase the school fees of students. What can 10k do in Nigeria right now??
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by eleniyan2020: 1:27pm On Nov 01, 2023
Evolutionism:
I stopped reading when I saw Teaching In Private School.

Education is the greatest Asset in the world but unfortunately Nigeria doesn't Value it. Most of Nigerian Teachers are the least Paid in the world.

Visit Aso Rock and The Nothern Part Of Nigeria and see the illiterates presiding over you gullible people.

Allow me to cordially welcome you to Nigeria again. Enjoy.
Education is not the greatest asset,this is just Africa mindset...Education only makes you an employer,everything you learn in school will make you think like a poor person....
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by FireUpNow(m): 1:32pm On Nov 01, 2023
I once worked in an advertising company in Surulere area of Lagos and I was living in Maryland, my boss a female paid half month salary every month and I was working more than 12 hours a day, so the last month I worked for her was when she got a very big job to do then I stopped working. She called soany times to come I then told her I am not in Lagos anymore. She later sent me 6 ful months salary. I got the money and resumed again, worked till the job was completed and I moved on. Very sad that the OP is going through this.
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Peejayz: 1:37pm On Nov 01, 2023
adesegun121:

After posting on my whatsapp status someone want to assist with 10k tomorrow
I will be grateful.... Should I send a mail?
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by danilmo: 1:45pm On Nov 01, 2023
Peejayz:
I started teaching at this private school in September. My salary is 10k per month ( I had no choice than to take the job due to alot of challenges I'm facing). My first salary, the man sent 5k (no joke) , I thought it was a mistake from his side , so I went to meet him in his office, he told it wasn't mistake....

I asked him how can I cope with 5k for a month, he said when student pay school fee, he will pay me my balance, I agreed with him ....

Then the next salary came in today , still 5k, I'm so angry and tired at this point... Alot of debt on my head .... 5k can't even clear them , not to talk of what I will use to feed myself.... This is unfair..... I plan to resign... But at this moment, I don't know where I will see money to feed .....

I'm confused at this point, I don't even know what I'm going to do at this point

Even if ur highest certificate is primary school, haba. Which kind salary b this self? Naso Demn dey pay others in that school?? Most likely in a village sheybi? Guy u better come to the city, stay with someone and hustle ur life in d city, even if na bus conductor. No go die in silent poverty o. Omo. 10k/month ke.??. , wen me that once got 3k per day for 30days was causing trouble sometimes ago.life no just balance abeg. Get out of ur comfort zone.
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Evolutionism: 1:54pm On Nov 01, 2023
eleniyan2020:
Education is not the greatest asset,this is just Africa mindset...Education only makes you an employer,everything you learn in school will make you think like a poor person....

Where do you see me mentioned School.

You are a perfect example of an Educated illiterate because you seems not to know the difference between Being Schooled and Being Educated.

If Education isn't the greatest assest, So what's the greatest asset?? No wonder Africa/Nigeria is yet to be developed all this while because it is filled with ignoramuses illiterates like you.

90% of all the Great Wisdom and Knowledge i have learned and discovered in life were outside the Four Walls Of ANY Classrooms.

To you average minds, Whenever you hear education. Your feeble ignorant translates it to School.

May Wisdom locate you.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Emeksman: 1:59pm On Nov 01, 2023
Use 2x2 plank on him. No be everything I go tell you for on cyber deck
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Oritna94(m): 1:59pm On Nov 01, 2023
Na wah. This one na slavery. Meanwhile here in Saudi an ordinary cleaner with the ministry of health the earn over 250k per month. I know a fellow colleague of mine here in Saudi whose wife is a teacher. She earns over 600k as a primary school teacher. This life no balance.
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Ishilove: 2:02pm On Nov 01, 2023
is it just me or is there a sudden increase in these kinds of threads?? undecided

Someone creates a thread complaining about slave wages/unfair termination/delayed peanut salaries.

It gets to the homepage.

People comment

People ask for the OPs account number to send in their widow's mite.

Abeg, I am definitely not imagining things biko. angry

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by adesegun121(m): 2:08pm On Nov 01, 2023
Johnson225:

nice gesture. but bro, this story is fake as hell...

Fake?
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by yesloaded: 2:11pm On Nov 01, 2023
lomprico:

1900 in 2003 is also very poor, why didn't you leave then?
I was still in school by then and my alawee was 20k per session that is about 5k per month. Corpers were earning 9800 then.

Very poor but take home back then was about 6k

Also, that's my starting salary for the first few months
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by millionboi2: 2:11pm On Nov 01, 2023
PotatoSalad:
This better be one of those numerous threads people create here to drive traffic
it is
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by CarlosTheJackal: 2:12pm On Nov 01, 2023
Ishilove:
is it just me or is there a sudden increase in these kinds of threads?? undecided

Someone creates a thread complaining about slave wages/unfair termination/delayed peanut salaries.

It gets to the homepage.

People comment

this one is a tribal bigot and also a scammer who want to capitalize on that girl situation

1 Like

Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Image123(m): 2:13pm On Nov 01, 2023
But people cursed on government giving out 25k for 6 months and they are doing 10k and 5k jobs? Na wa oh.
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by opera1(m): 2:16pm On Nov 01, 2023
Peejayz:
I started teaching at this private school in September. My salary is 10k per month ( I had no choice than to take the job due to alot of challenges I'm facing). My first salary, the man sent 5k (no joke) , I thought it was a mistake from his side , so I went to meet him in his office, he told it wasn't mistake....

I asked him how can I cope with 5k for a month, he said when student pay school fee, he will pay me my balance, I agreed with him ....

Then the next salary came in today , still 5k, I'm so angry and tired at this point... Alot of debt on my head .... 5k can't even clear them , not to talk of what I will use to feed myself.... This is unfair..... I plan to resign... But at this moment, I don't know where I will see money to feed .....

I'm confused at this point, I don't even know what I'm going to do at this point

You deserve not to be paid at all. How on earth can you accept #340/day job? Money dat is not even enough for to pay T. Fare.

Do the right thing and Pls stop complaining.
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by eleniyan2020: 2:21pm On Nov 01, 2023
Evolutionism:

Where do you see me mentioned School.

You are a perfect example of an Educated illiterate because you seems not to know the difference between Being Schooled and Being Educated.

If Education isn't the greatest assest, So what's the greatest asset?? No wonder Africa/Nigeria is yet to be developed all this while because it is filled with ignoramuses illiterates like you.

90% of all the Great Wisdom and Knowledge i have learned and discovered in life were outside the Four Walls Of ANY Classrooms.

To you average minds, Whenever you hear education. Your feeble ignorant translates it to School.

May Wisdom locate you.
in Africal,every education is learned is school...you ask your self why we still underdeveloped because we so much belief in school,where do we classify education into(school)...
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by MyAmericandream(f): 2:22pm On Nov 01, 2023
ukpahu:
I see lie

Ever since that lady posted of her boss owning her for 4months, folks have been bringing up job issues here on NL
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Tukor1759: 2:26pm On Nov 01, 2023
Peejayz:

call me
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by pocohantas(f): 2:27pm On Nov 01, 2023
Ishilove:

It gets to the homepage.

People comment

You are right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Raydave: 2:43pm On Nov 01, 2023
People have being asking you numerous questions, you refused to answer, how do we believe your write-up, moreso what's your qualifications?

1 Like

Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by ogawisdom(m): 2:46pm On Nov 01, 2023
Peejayz:

While you sounded good but what do you bring to the labour market
Education
Experience
Certifications
Skillset
Outside your certificate what else can you do?

10k is quite a wicked pay but let see what you got
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by tiger28: 3:05pm On Nov 01, 2023
Peejayz:

Ogun state

Dm me

Will try to help you small.

Too much suffering isn't good for anyone
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Shyboyk(m): 3:07pm On Nov 01, 2023
Peejayz:

Person dae pay u 5k and u dae fear to leave the work …to me u are not earning any salary

And I know teaching work u go shout tire …frustration dae the work and lesson note dae the work …all this for 5k
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by JIBO4REAL(m): 3:10pm On Nov 01, 2023
Peejayz:

I will advice you to change your location and find daily income job
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Johnson225(m): 3:16pm On Nov 01, 2023
adesegun121:

Fake?
sure. view my earlier post on this thread. the dubious op is obviously shying away from basic questions. im still patiently waiting for his response regardless

1 Like

Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Godsonkemz(m): 3:25pm On Nov 01, 2023
I can't be this wicked to pay my staff what is not even up to amount I spend in a day.

For crying out loud, why are some employers wicked
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Ishilove: 3:43pm On Nov 01, 2023
CarlosTheJackal:
this one is a tribal bigot and also a scammer who want to capitalize on that girl situation
They are all coming out of the woodworks
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Josephamstrong1(m): 3:57pm On Nov 01, 2023
Omoapena:

Where is sense in what you just spilled, cox you want to run business means you can short pay someone if the business isn't doing well?

You're talking about the employers expenses as if the employees working doesn't have expenses as well.

Very insensitive of you...
Deal with your frustration first before quoting people.
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by sirblend: 4:03pm On Nov 01, 2023
Peejayz:

Before you accepted the teaching job you should have taking note of the population of the school and the amount paid as school fee......
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by Oloki: 4:13pm On Nov 01, 2023
Johnson225:

nice gesture. but bro, this story is fake as hell...

You are right... I didn't want to spoil the guys mood. I said, maybe because somebody posted a thread two days ago that her 20k salary hasn't be paid for four months; and people out of pity were donating here and there, this one too think he can pull it thru
Re: My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ? by fineboynl(m): 4:16pm On Nov 01, 2023
I do not believe this. You accept teaching job 10k a month. You must be stupid.

Go look for a better job.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Training Programme Of 2016 Nigeria Police Recruitment For Successful Candidates / When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview / What Are Your Experiences With GNLD???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.