Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family (4790 Views)

Don't Make The Mistake Of Marrying Women In These Categories / The Disadvantage Of Marrying A Fat Woman (see Picture) / I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by Justkatty(f): 12:03am On Nov 03, 2023
Hullcity:
Your concerns are nt valid as far as am concern. Have u not seen where a man marries into a family and lifts and entire family out of poverty. It can also happen with you. But unfortunately have a small mind. If u have the conviction that she is your wife , Put ur trust in God and go ahead and marry her.
The only sensible comment here.
Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by Chingyyy878: 12:10am On Nov 03, 2023
Nonexisting1:
In marriage, two things need to be looked into after finances et al. Will the wife give you peace and will her family give you peace. These questions are very important whether they are poor or rich. If the family is good, the little you give them will be greatly appreciated and they will also be supporting you with the little they can afford to. They are poor but they may be able to be supporting you with food items like garri, red oil, corn and so many others and you know their monetary value under this Tinubulation we are in. It's better to have poor inlaws who are good than to have rich inlaws who are horrible. Study her mother and make sure she is a good woman, start from there. Sixty five percent of the problems a wife will give you in marriage will originate from and fanned by bad mother.

๐Ÿ’ฏ
Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by Aaaaarghmed(m): 12:19am On Nov 03, 2023
Hullcity:
Your concerns are nt valid as far as am concern. Have u not seen where a man marries into a family and lifts and entire family out of poverty. It can also happen with you. But unfortunately have a small mind. If u have the conviction that she is your wife , Put ur trust in God and go ahead and marry her.
no be only lift,na weight lifter grin. I no get that strength to lift any woman or her family anywhere.i suffered to lift myself

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by Aaaaarghmed(m): 12:21am On Nov 03, 2023
Justkatty:
The only sensible comment here.
broke girl spotted.avoid me grin

8 Likes

Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by ednut1(m): 2:04am On Nov 03, 2023
How many siblings do they have Dont mind all these motivational speakers o. We have seen where a man and his siblings attended publicly university and the wife from a broke family will say she wants her siblings to attend private university ๐Ÿ˜†. Givers don dey lack these days o

9 Likes

Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by Smartguyboy(m): 2:27am On Nov 03, 2023
Britishcoins:

They are so humble, my bro if you see the house they are living u will not belive this 2 beautiful girl are from there.. I imagine house they are paying 500 naira per month.. The mother is very hard working.. She even do farm work to survive.. The girl is doing sales girl and surviving with 15k per month

You want to marry two of them?
Are they sisters?
Or just two different poor girls?

My advice donโ€™t marry out of pity because if they family.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by Smartguyboy(m): 2:35am On Nov 03, 2023
Hullcity:
Life is not nollywood.

7 Likes

Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by MyExpression(m): 6:04am On Nov 03, 2023
Britishcoins:

She is so beautiful
She learned chemist
She is religious and I am sure she is still a virgin
Education... Just secondary school..
Another fear she was born here in South West.. Although she hear my language but don't speak it Yoruba much.. I am afraid my children will not hear Igbo too

It was at this point that I left the thread.
Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by Free2Fly: 6:13am On Nov 03, 2023
Wujio:
Dont be greedy/stingy. Every man must solve problems of the lady he chooses to be with. Marry a woman you can mould

He's talking about the girl's family's/parents' problems here, not specifically the girl's personal problems.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by Free2Fly: 6:14am On Nov 03, 2023
Wujio:
Dont be greedy/stingy. Every man must solve problems of the lady he chooses to be with. Marry a woman you can mould

He's talking about the girl's family's/parents' problems here, not specifically the girl's personal problems.

No man is under any obligation to carry his wife's parents' problems as his, just because he married their daughter.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by Free2Fly: 6:16am On Nov 03, 2023
immortalcrown:
None, as long as the family is a good one. The goodness of a family is not determined by the family's financial status.

The girl's family's financial status can be a source of constant quarels between the man and his wife.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by Justkatty(f): 6:58am On Nov 03, 2023
Aaaaarghmed:
broke girl spotted.avoid me grin
Rich kid I see you bro wink
Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by Wujio: 7:10am On Nov 03, 2023
Free2Fly:

No man is under any obligation to carry his wife's parents' problems as his, just because he married their daughter.

Shut up. Where did i advocate curing the family's problems or where did the family ask him to bail them from poverty. If he doesnt want to have her another would. Enough of these wokeness that leads to nothin
Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by tasalanoni(m): 7:12am On Nov 03, 2023
Life is much deeper than we all know. Riches can be very ephemeral and that's why material considerations ought not be at the centre of marital decisions. You may have wealth now and loose everything the next moment. You may not have today and suddenly, your stars align and you strike fortune. It's never entirely all our design. Forces are always moulding and shaping our destinies in ways we do not entirely understand.
As applies to you and your girl, be very sure to study key personality traits and determine your compatibilities. That's the most important factor. So long as her family isn't greedy, don't be carried away by their economic standing. Whatever is their case today may fizzle out tomorrow and you might even be uplifted by the same family.
Uwa di omimi !!!

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by Free2Fly: 8:13am On Nov 03, 2023
Wujio:

Shut up. Where did i advocate curing the family's problems or where did the family ask him to bail them from poverty. If he doesnt want to have her another would. Enough of these wokeness that leads to nothin

grin This cockroach definitely comes from a very poor background and believes his husband must alleviate his family's poverty.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by Wujio: 9:12am On Nov 03, 2023
Free2Fly:

grin This cockroach definitely comes from a very poor background and believes his husband must alleviate his family's poverty.

Your entire lineage from ten generations before you and after cant amount to my 1% Choke on that
Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by Free2Fly: 9:49am On Nov 03, 2023
Wujio:

Your entire lineage from ten generations before you and after cant amount to my 1% Choke on that

grin I send money to Nigeria every day to poor rats like you for their survival
Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by Wujio: 9:52am On Nov 03, 2023
Free2Fly:

grin I send money to Nigeria every day to poor rats like you for their survival

You wish. If you like work under Biden, your networth ten generations before and after wont attain my 1%. take that to the bank
Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by Bankowner: 10:02am On Nov 03, 2023
And if marrying the girl turns out to be a blessing to you, what will be your position on it?

I can't even see love in this. Don't ask me if it is love you'll eat o! If you love the girl, you will look beyond her family's economic condition and pray to God that her coming into your life as bone of your bone and flesh of your flesh will favour you on all sides.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by Exceed15: 10:28am On Nov 03, 2023
If this factor is so important to you then drop her. Don't hurt her and family feelings.
Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by Marynwachukwu21(f): 10:30am On Nov 03, 2023
Britishcoins:
I am abt to settle down, at least I comfortable though not super rich.. I have stable source of income plus good home. The problem is that I have not see any girl I really love... Not until few months ago I saw 2 beautiful girl.. They are deeper life members, the are too religious.
The problem is that the family is very poor..
Marrying the girl is not the problem but taking care of the poor parents in future is my fear..
So pls advice me on what to do...
I have spoke with the mother, they already liked me which is because they knew I am comfortable.. Pls what should I do.
I already went to lab to confirm our genotype and it was successful..
It has been giving me sleepless night. I hate to carry people's responsibility and as a business man nothing fall man like multiple responsibilities
Marrying a poor girl is not the problem,the problem is that before you take the girl as your wife they'll have to give you their conditions for you to marry her and if you're not comfortable with it,you back off.
Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by Britishcoins(m): 10:35am On Nov 03, 2023
Marynwachukwu21:
Marrying a poor girl is not the problem,the problem is that before you take the girl as your wife they'll have to give you their conditions for you to marry her and if you're not comfortable with it,you back off.
The mother already said anyone that will marry her daughter is going to marry her too, meaning the person will equally take care of her..
Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by immortalcrown(m): 10:41am On Nov 03, 2023
Free2Fly:
The girl's family's financial status can be a source of constant quarels between the man and his wife.
You are not saying the truth here. Partners that are incompatible quarrel about money when they are poor and find other reasons to maintain the quarrel when they are rich. Compatible partners live in peace whether rich or poor. When poor people exhibit their bad attitudes, you wrongly blame poverty. When the same people become rich and continue with the bad attitudes, what do you say?
Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by Marynwachukwu21(f): 10:45am On Nov 03, 2023
Britishcoins:

The mother already said anyone that will marry her daughter is going to marry her too, meaning the person will equally take care of her..
That's a big responsibility,am not surprised because in some cultures you'll marry the daughter and the family too while some is only their daughter but she'll have to show her face once in her a while..
Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by Raalsalghul: 10:54am On Nov 03, 2023
Aaaaarghmed:
no be only lift,na weight lifter grin. I no get that strength to lift any woman or her family anywhere.i suffered to lift myself

As in, the thing shock me.

Men go suffer lift their selves finish come go carry another woman and her family load for head.

No wonder they die young.

grin

Awon weight lifters. grin

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by Musty112: 11:00am On Nov 03, 2023
Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by Karleb(m): 11:10am On Nov 03, 2023
Britishcoins:

grin grin

God is your strength my brother

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by grandstar(m): 11:14am On Nov 03, 2023
Britishcoins

Hmmmmm
Marrying a girlfriend from a poor background isn't easy. It's.not just taking care of her parents but her siblings and atimes, her relations and friends as well.

One or two of her siblings might want to stay with you. They might all want to come for celebrations like Easter or Christmas.

Where there is a will, there is hope. I suggest you go ahead.

As you assist one or two members of her family to become independent, the burden would become less. Eventually, you will become free.
Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by Raalsalghul: 11:33am On Nov 03, 2023
Op, while I would advise against it, I would also say it depends on how deep your pockets are.

You might be stickingly rich and taking care of the lady and her family might not make a dent on your finances.

But saying you would not want your financial obligations to extend to her family is just wishful thinking.

Use your tongue to count your teeth.
Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by Aaaaarghmed(m): 11:37am On Nov 03, 2023
Raalsalghul:

As in, the thing shock me.

Men go suffer lift their selves finish come go carry another woman and her family load for head.

No wonder they die young.

grin

Awon weight lifters. grin
guys of nowadays dont like to update their life .if she has money more than you,she no go hesitate to call you a broke guy.no go even reason you.i never carry my family finish,na poor girl family I wan carry. grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by ExudeLoveToAll: 11:37am On Nov 03, 2023
Wujio:

He shouldn't be greedy with his money? Did you help him create wealth for him? When he goes down financially will you be there to raise him up?

It's really appalling calling a man who loathe poverty and it's associated consequences greedy, very appalling.

The thing most people don't know is that once you get married, your expenditure increases in geometric progression and if you keep your income to increase in geometric it gets to a time where the expenditure equals the income and thereafter a deficit budget will suffice.

The OP recorgnises this fact and is looking for ways to increase his income streams and decrease his expenditure streams. Your partner can help you shore up this finance base as well as the intending family imyiu intend to marry from. If the family can fend for themselves, then there is little or no need to deplete your income in external expenditure streams but if they are not well to do you will automatically become the prayers answered for a "rich inlaw" and it's a recipe for stunted financial growth.

OP there are different factors one considers while choosing a spouse, stability of the intending family is one of them, take your time and make an informed decision because any decisions you make now can make or mar your financial stability in the future.

Even if your spouse may not be financially capable now, she must have the capacity to create and build wealth for the family. Anything short of this is a recipe for financial disaster in the future.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman Shoots Man She Met On Craigslist For Injuring Her Cervix During Sex! / 5 Funny Desperate Lines Nigerian Men Use In Begging For Sex /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.