Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,822 members, 7,817,398 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family (4791 Views)

Don't Make The Mistake Of Marrying Women In These Categories / The Disadvantage Of Marrying A Fat Woman (see Picture) / I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by Raalsalghul: 11:38am On Nov 03, 2023
Aaaaarghmed:
guys of nowadays dont like to update their life .if she has money more than you,she no go hesitate to call you a broke guy.no go even reason you.i never carry my family finish,na poor girl family I wan carry. grin

grin grin grin
Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by ExudeLoveToAll: 11:50am On Nov 03, 2023
Hullcity:
Your concerns are nt valid as far as am concern. Have u not seen where a man marries into a family and lifts and entire family out of poverty. It can also happen with you. But unfortunately have a small mind. If u have the conviction that she is your wife , Put ur trust in God and go ahead and marry her.

Why don't women marry into a poor family and lift everyone out of poverty? His job is to lift every of his inlaw out of poverty grin . See mindset, how many persons in such scenario do that successfully and how many persons enter the financial rock trying to do that? The number of success is microscopic compared to the number of failures.

The man's concerns are genuine, those concerns needs to be answered.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by ExudeLoveToAll: 11:55am On Nov 03, 2023
Justkatty:
The only sensible comment here.

Why won't you support a view that will get to better you as a woman?

The goal on this thread is to help the OP make an informed decision that will benefit him and not what will deccelerate his financial capacity.

The moment a man deminishes in his ability to provide, the society looks upon you as irresponsible then I ask why will same man accept the advice from the society that will help in depleting that same ability to provide leading to same society lambasting him and terming him irresponsible man

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by ExudeLoveToAll: 12:01pm On Nov 03, 2023
Britishcoins:

The mother already said anyone that will marry her daughter is going to marry her too, meaning the person will equally take care of her..

What did I just read grin
Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by Wujio: 12:09pm On Nov 03, 2023
ExudeLoveToAll:

He shouldn't be greedy with his money? Did you help him create wealth for him? When he goes down financially will you be there to raise him up?

It's really appalling calling a man who loathe poverty and it's associated consequences greedy, very appalling.

The thing most people don't know is that once you get married, your expenditure increases in geometric progression and if you keep your income to increase in geometric it gets to a time where the expenditure equals the income and thereafter a deficit budget will suffice.

The OP recorgnises this fact and is looking for ways to increase his income streams and decrease his expenditure streams. Your partner can help you shore up this finance base as well as the intending family imyiu intend to marry from. If the family can fend for themselves, then there is little or no need to deplete your income in external expenditure streams but if they are not well to do you will automatically become the prayers answered for a "rich inlaw" and it's a recipe for stunted financial growth.

OP there are different factors one considers while choosing a spouse, stability of the intending family is one of them, take your time and make an informed decision because any decisions you make now can make or mar your financial stability in the future.

Even if your spouse may not be financially capable now, she must have the capacity to create and build wealth for the family. Anything short of this is a recipe for financial disaster in the future.

Why are you crying? Did i select the wife for him. Didnt he see ladies from rich families before choosing one from a poor background? Stop crying more than the bereaved
Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by Allisgud: 12:17pm On Nov 03, 2023
Kobicove:

It's better to marry someone from your social class so it will be easier for the two families to blend.

If you marry someone who is from a family which is below you by far economically you will end up overloading yourself with financial liabilities which might end up stifling your growth undecided
bro it's hard to find,and if u find,she may be the type wey Dem get chef for their house from childhood how she go take sabi cook and do homework,those types self go dey look for higher class than u
Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by Mobahd: 12:17pm On Nov 03, 2023
Britishcoins:

They are so humble, my bro if you see the house they are living u will not belive this 2 beautiful girl are from there.. I imagine house they are paying 500 naira per month.. The mother is very hard working.. She even do farm work to survive.. The girl is doing sales girl and surviving with 15k per month

Those things U see is not humility my bro
How do they treat other people
There taste
There interactions with people
Etc

1 Like

Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by PECON1(m): 12:42pm On Nov 03, 2023
ednut1:
How many siblings do they have Dont mind all these motivational speakers o. We have seen where a man and his siblings attended publicly university and the wife from a broke family will say she wants her siblings to attend private university πŸ˜†. Givers don dey lack these days o
like seriously 😹😹 am not doing again
Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by Wujio: 12:43pm On Nov 03, 2023
Allisgud:
bro it's hard to find,and if u find,she may be the type wey Dem get chef for their house from childhood how she go take sabi cook and do homework,those types self go dey look for higher class than u

You sabi @ self go dey look for higher class than u

THE PROBLEM BE SAY EVERYBODY DEY FIND PEOPLE WEY DEY HIGHER THAN THEM...

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by PECON1(m): 12:46pm On Nov 03, 2023
Mobahd:

Those things U see is not humility my bro
How do they treat other people
There taste
There interactions with people
Etc

yes ooooo, that's what he should know, they might be humble to him because he is well to do but treats others like trash. Alot of things are wrong with poor people that's why am suffering to escape. Poverty is worst than HIV

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by Caleb15(m): 1:20pm On Nov 03, 2023
Marriage are not for kids
Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by PECON1(m): 1:46pm On Nov 03, 2023
Britishcoins:

The mother already said anyone that will marry her daughter is going to marry her too, meaning the person will equally take care of her..
😁😁 the mom doesn't need to tell u that for u to figure it out. Hw can u be comfortable and ur wife family will be suffering. This statement alone is enough for u to carry the whole family burden on ur head.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by Gerrard59(m): 12:39am On Nov 04, 2023
Britishcoins:
I am abt to settle down, at least I comfortable though not super rich.. I have stable source of income plus good home. The problem is that I have not see any girl I really love... Not until few months ago I saw 2 beautiful girl.. They are deeper life members, the are too religious.
The problem is that the family is very poor..
Marrying the girl is not the problem but taking care of the poor parents in future is my fear..
So pls advice me on what to do...
I have spoke with the mother, they already liked me which is because they knew I am comfortable.. Pls what should I do.
I already went to lab to confirm our genotype and it was successful..
It has been giving me sleepless night. I hate to carry people's responsibility and as a business man nothing fall man like multiple responsibilities

Unless you are very rich, abort the mission. Also, check the extended family: how many are they? How close are they to this girl's family? Just like you, I hate being irresponsible for another person's irresponsibility. This is why I cannot date a woman who has 3+ siblings except they are above middle class.
Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by Gerrard59(m): 12:44am On Nov 04, 2023
Emyzoloye5:
Go for the girl you love, her family financial status is none of your business, And yes! You can help your in-laws with the little you have from time to time but don't carry their entire family burden.

Not in a typical Nigerian family setting. The wife's emotional state will be severely affected by her husband's refusal to assist. The man will be forced to assist whether he likes it or not.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by Emyzoloye5(m): 7:09am On Nov 04, 2023
Gerrard59:

Not in a typical Nigerian family setting. The wife's emotional state will be severely affected by her husband's refusal to assist. The man will be forced to assist whether he likes it or not.

I'm not saying the man shouldn't assist but not all the time. However, in such Situation, the man should just help the wife secure a good paying job or a business so she can help her family herself
Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by folake4u(f): 7:18am On Nov 04, 2023
She is religious and I am sure she is still a virgin

Lol. I'm sure this is your major reason or concern. grin

Anyways, don't bite what you can't chew. If you know that rendering assistance is going to be a problem, it's better you back out now and leave the poor family alone.

Nothing is more irritating than this "I picked you and your family out of the slums" line.

Avoid situations that'd lead to despising your prospective in-laws.
Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by Karlifate: 9:35am On Nov 04, 2023
Bankowner:
And if marrying the girl turns out to be a blessing to you, what will be your position on it?
And marrying the guy won't turn out to be a blessing to the girl.

The girl's head is full of blessings, yet wallowing in poverty. 🀣🀣

I can't even see love in this. Don't ask me if it is love you'll eat o! If you love the girl, you will look beyond her family's economic condition and pray to God that her coming into your life as bone of your bone and flesh of your flesh will favour you on all sides.

Gerrout with your yeye "love" angry

As if women marry based on "love".

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by Karlifate: 9:37am On Nov 04, 2023
PECON1:
yes ooooo, that's what he should know, they might be humble to him because he is well to do but treats others like trash. Alot of things are wrong with poor people that's why am suffering to escape. Poverty is worst than HIV

No be lie. cheesy
Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by Karlifate: 9:39am On Nov 04, 2023
Aaaaarghmed:
guys of nowadays dont like to update their life .if she has money more than you,she no go hesitate to call you a broke guy.no go even reason you.i never carry my family finish,na poor girl family I wan carry. grin

No mind dem. grin

All waters should find their level.
Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by Lostchild(m): 12:41pm On Nov 04, 2023
Britishcoins:
I am abt to settle down, at least I comfortable though not super rich.. I have stable source of income plus good home. The problem is that I have not see any girl I really love... Not until few months ago I saw 2 beautiful girl.. They are deeper life members, the are too religious.
The problem is that the family is very poor..
Marrying the girl is not the problem but taking care of the poor parents in future is my fear..
So pls advice me on what to do...
I have spoke with the mother, they already liked me which is because they knew I am comfortable.. Pls what should I do.
I already went to lab to confirm our genotype and it was successful..
It has been giving me sleepless night. I hate to carry people's responsibility and as a business man nothing fall man like multiple responsibilities

You will not take my advice until experience veil from eyes.

1. Put all those deeper life whatever crap religion they claim to practice, put them all aside.

2. Put affection all aside. Check the spiritual state of the two women. Choose the one that is kind soul among the two. The one among the two that is full of selfless love for humanity may be a sure bet of adding to your life.

I say this because most unkind women has hardship in their spirit. I remember what happened to a friend of mine. I had to rescue his business.

My Advice; Choose a woman that has genuine love for human beings.

Final words; As long as you are marrying from a Nigeria family, be ready to fight their family (idols+altars)

That is the truth. Hate it or love it.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by Britishcoins(m): 12:56pm On Nov 04, 2023
Lostchild:

You will not take my advice until experience veil from eyes.

1. Put all those deeper life whatever crap religion they claim to practice, put them all aside.

2. Put affection all aside. Check the spiritual state of the two women. Choose the one that is benevolent soul among the two. The one among the two that is full of selfless love for humanity may be a sure bet of adding to your life.

I say this because most women has poverty in their spirit. I remember what happened to a friend of mine. I had to rescue his business.

My Advice; Choose a woman that has genuine love for human beings.

Final words; As long as you are marrying from a Nigeria family, be ready to fight their demons.(idols+altars)

That is the truth. Hate it or love it.

Wow, are you a spiritual man? How can I know the one that has good spirit.. Pls help
Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by Bankowner: 5:39am On Nov 06, 2023
I can understand why you reason the way you do. Love isn't really important when you're allowed to have more than one wife.
Karlifate:

And marrying the guy won't turn out to be a blessing to the girl.

The girl's head is full of blessings, yet wallowing in poverty. 🀣🀣

Gerrout with your yeye "love" angry

As if women marry based on "love".
Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by WarrenP: 6:36am On Nov 06, 2023
No let desperation lead you to wetin you go regret. Most poor people are always humble, just wait till them see wetin dem they find.
Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by SonofGod231: 7:00am On Nov 06, 2023
If you have a good career and you should be involved, It's no biggie. Treat them like your own parents. It's not accidental now,If you know you ain't comfortable just back out. I don't have much sympathy for people who constantly whinge about their parter's parents. You must have known what they were like before you married them?! Use your head as well as your heart.
Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by Chingyyy878: 10:57am On Nov 06, 2023
A single prosperous young man Wants to settle with a liability, I pity you.

That love and humility wey dey shack you go soon clear for your eyes.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by Caleycash(m): 12:08pm On Feb 23
Hullcity:
Your concerns are nt valid as far as am concern. Have u not seen where a man marries into a family and lifts and entire family out of poverty. It can also happen with you. But unfortunately have a small mind. If u have the conviction that she is your wife , Put ur trust in God and go ahead and marry her.
See talk!... lift them up as a saviour or what??, who lifted him up??, carry that your 419 blackmail of "you have a small mind" get out of here, manipulators everywhere. Mtcheww

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by Caleycash(m): 12:09pm On Feb 23
Justkatty:
The only sensible comment here.
Will be sensible to you because na manipulators una be!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by Caleycash(m): 12:13pm On Feb 23
tasalanoni:
Life is much deeper than we all know. Riches can be very ephemeral and that's why material considerations ought not be at the centre of marital decisions. You may have wealth now and loose everything the next moment. You may not have today and suddenly, your stars align and you strike fortune. It's never entirely all our design. Forces are always moulding and shaping our destinies in ways we do not entirely understand.
As applies to you and your girl, be very sure to study key personality traits and determine your compatibilities. That's the most important factor. So long as her family isn't greedy, don't be carried away by their economic standing. Whatever is their case today may fizzle out tomorrow and you might even be uplifted by the same family.
Uwa di omimi !!!
See dem... ndi motivational speakers and 419, like if he falls anyone will stick around to rise him up again, we all know the reality!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by Caleycash(m): 12:16pm On Feb 23
Bankowner:
And if marrying the girl turns out to be a blessing to you, what will be your position on it?

I can't even see love in this. Don't ask me if it is love you'll eat o! If you love the girl, you will look beyond her family's economic condition and pray to God that her coming into your life as bone of your bone and flesh of your flesh will favour you on all sides.
Leave that love matter... reality beats all these if and if, certainty is the ultimate, you want someone who struggle and made it in life to do things based on ifs and uncertainty??, alot of you live in fairy lands hahaha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by Justkatty(f): 12:27pm On Feb 23
Caleycash:
Will be sensible to you because na manipulators una be!
Guy rest!
Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by Nyascobar1414: 12:39pm On Feb 23
Caleycash:
Leave that love matter... reality beats all these if and if, certainty is the ultimate, you want someone who struggle and made it in life to do things based on ifs and uncertainty??, alot of you live in fairy lands hahaha

Sadly,you saw the light..
You can now see vvomen for who they are and not for who society said(lied) they are

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family by Caleycash(m): 12:47pm On Feb 23
Nyascobar1414:

Sadly,you saw the light..
You can now see vvomen for who they are and not for who society said(lied) they are
I have known women from an early age... they are so selfish and covetous, 99.99 percent of them belive what they watch in movies to be practical in life, tells you how funny women are, they hate truth and reality with passion, I call them people living in fairyland hahaha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Most Guys Boast To Ladies About Being A Professional In Bed ? / My Elder Bro At Fuel Station Today (photos) / Fashion Or Madness? Please, Whose Sister Is This? (I8+ Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.