Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 - TV/Movies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 (38776 Views)

Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV / Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss / Court Restrains Dstv From Increasing Subscription Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by SolomonGrundy: 12:05am On Nov 04, 2023
NinjaMetahuman:
The only solution to dstv wahala is cheap data price.

But we have had terrible visionless ediots handling the communication ministry (including the present ediot) for so long, that internet data is still a luxury for average Nigerians in 2023.

If there is enough data, dstv will beg people to subscribe and making promo after promo to reduce their price.
Flesh and blood did not reveal this to you grin

1 Like

Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by constancefriday(m): 12:08am On Nov 04, 2023
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Dopenigga(m): 12:24am On Nov 04, 2023
ecolime:

You are right.

If they had voted the right candidate, DSTV Premium that was increased to N29,500 from N24,500 for don become N500 or maybe N200 monthly.

We go don build like 4 four refineries in 5 months and fuel for don cheap like water. Maybe N20 per liter.

Let them enjoy what they voted for. Elections have consequences.

see as you just mumu yourself

1 Like

Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by stillmaticOG(m): 12:30am On Nov 04, 2023
COMPAQ:

And how much internet do you need to have to use it. Or your internet is free?

The cheapest unlimited internet I know is about N12k for 10Mbps
I was paying 10k a month for my router that provides internet for the entire house.

With my fire stick I get to watch all the latest movies, TV shows and other content that dstv can only dream about.

That's the same router my wife uses to browse on her phone too. As long as one isn't jobless, you aren't expected to watch TV the whole day.

Imagine paying 12k to watch Rambo. Nigerians are getting ripped off badly simply because we want to watch football lol.

2 Likes

Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Luckysbab: 12:35am On Nov 04, 2023
RingRoadCartel:

One man doesn't decide? Pray tell, does it take a village when governors decline their salaries? Does it take a village when governors decide to ride in Innoson rather than Toyota?

And yes, clear cut plan. There's none. That's why the strikes still persist.

What strike? As far as we know, it's currently suspended. Definitely, it will be unreasonable to ask Labour to stop action entirely. Even your man who had a one year strike under his watch know this.

One man doesn't run the government of a nation, take it or leave it.

If politics were all that one way, your party people would have rejected the cash and car "gifts"
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by fashrola(m): 12:39am On Nov 04, 2023
Firstly as a busy and family man, I do not have time to watch cable TV, I do not even own a DSTV because its a waste of money with few good channels to watch, Thats why i opted for TSTV last year because of their good kiddies contents but unfortunately they are messed up lately, Thank God Starlink came to the rescue and i got an IPTV subscription for one year from a guy here on Nairaland... So i watch premium channels (including DSTV) online and the kids also watch premium kiddies channels in their room.

If not for my family, Wetin concern me with TV program, Because i only watch Netflix or few documentaries whenever i'm at home and i don't exceed more than 3 hours watching the TV, the rest is on my phone or Laptop

May God bless Elon Musk... because i can't imagine myself paying such amount for a mediocre cable TV
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by sunkieisland(m): 12:44am On Nov 04, 2023
REAL PAIN.... WELCOME TO RENEWED HOPE. Hopeless

Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by fashrola(m): 12:49am On Nov 04, 2023
porthouse7:
u can't watch live premier league on internet, u won't enjoy it even with all this unless apps

Sure you can, with good internet and won't lag....... Don't type what you think its impossible.... 5G in lot of areas has crazy speeds, Starlink top it most, I even stream movies and live sports with my Starlink and its ULTRAFAST!!!

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by AJSfan: 1:59am On Nov 04, 2023
AchrafHakimi:

You don't need a laptop to enjoy programs with data.
Smart TVs exist.

You see why I say its a sign of illiteracy?
you are saying trash. I don't think you've used a smart tv too cos if you have you will know except YouTube, the other platforms such as Netflix, Prime video , uefa tv etc all require individual subscriptions plus your data. So how is that a cheaper alternative?
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Rhassidy360: 2:13am On Nov 04, 2023
AchrafHakimi:

The money you use for subscribing useless DSTV can get you more than 50GB of any network.
That 50GB go last you 1months de play

4 Likes

Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by bluefilm: 2:20am On Nov 04, 2023
AchrafHakimi:

How are there no alternatives?
What are you watching on DSTV that you can't watch on the internet?

Only an illiterate still uses DSTV.

This is an unguarded statement.

1 Like

Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by kathy239: 3:44am On Nov 04, 2023
This article has been really useful. I value your generosity in making it available to me and the public at large. quordle today
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by denzel231: 4:13am On Nov 04, 2023
Iptv to the world. Make una dey wahala una self there. I watch all the dstv channels and channels around the world for free ..

1 Like

Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by denzel231: 4:14am On Nov 04, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
This is what you get when there are little or no viable alternatives to DSTV/GoTV.
iptv to the world

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by cl0r0x: 4:22am On Nov 04, 2023
Hahaha very simple.

Get yourself a mag box for less than $20

And get an iptv called itectv

All dstv channels are inside under south Africa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by sammy2007: 4:23am On Nov 04, 2023
Watch full DStv premium channel with a little token, call or chat me up on 08068561344
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by iammarvellux(m): 4:26am On Nov 04, 2023
They should continue to hike it very well...

I have already hanged my boot since February this year.

If you know..you know
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Bukola94: 4:33am On Nov 04, 2023
fashrola:

Sure you can, with good internet and won't lag....... Don't type what you think its impossible.... 5G in lot of areas has crazy speeds, Starlink top it most, I even stream movies and live sports with my Starlink and its ULTRAFAST!!!
I have been watching sports with LTE OR 4G on my phone recently
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Southwestidiot: 5:05am On Nov 04, 2023
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by GanagiBitrus: 5:30am On Nov 04, 2023
Pwhitelaw:
There are so many alternative....I stream live matches and movies ....I don abadoned my decoder since last year

Who are the DSTV competitors in the industry? There are Startimes, MyTV, TSTV etc. (that's what I meant by "little or no alternatives).

Of course you have options to download or stream Internet Contents, go to viewing centers, FTA, or Infact to abandon your DSTV Decoder.

1 Like

Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Sebocious(m): 5:35am On Nov 04, 2023
sammy2007:
Watch full DStv premium channel with a little token, call or chat me up on 08068561344

How?
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by jossytech(m): 5:37am On Nov 04, 2023
Lol em increase it to 1m a months last my money enter their Na 17 month's ago, free decoder with free Chanel to all I watch on DStv Na their dish I use sef DStv are just gang if Media scanner
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Khyrvxjzy: 5:39am On Nov 04, 2023
ecolime:

You are right.

If they had voted the right candidate, DSTV Premium that was increased to N29,500 from N24,500 for don become N500 or maybe N200 monthly.

We go don build like 40 refineries in 5 months and fuel for don cheap like water. Maybe N20 per liter.

Let them enjoy what they voted for. Elections have consequences.

create your own tv and do it 200 monthly
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by sammy2007: 5:43am On Nov 04, 2023
Sebocious:

How?
Chat me up or call me

1 Like

Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Royceey(m): 5:54am On Nov 04, 2023
Wailing and Complaining is just Momentary Nigerians will adjust and keep Subscribing.
Federal Government and Private Companies understood the tricks.
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by Jeezuzpick(m): 5:59am On Nov 04, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

Are you aware there are people who know all these but still chose DSTV. That's their choice which should be respected & doesn't make them illiterates.

Well.....let them keep paying the bills, then.

A connected smart TV is the way to go, sha......even for people with kids.

Can you use DSTV to play, on demand, a video explaining how to solve particular math problems?

Can DSTV give them ideas on science projects or arts and crafts assignments?

Well, those who knew all these things but still chose to keep getting ripped off by MultiChoice......okay. I'll not call them rude names again, as a courtesy to you.

2 Likes

Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by aylive02(m): 6:02am On Nov 04, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

So millions of DSTV subscribers are illiterates.
. Leave him. That's how they will keep capping nonsense trying to score cheap points.

1 Like

Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by nairanaira12: 6:15am On Nov 04, 2023
AchrafHakimi:

Scroll up
I'm tired of replying unexposed people

Lolx. And that your alternative is cheaper than DStv sub since it won't cost you internet data? grin.

You are exposed to stupidity
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by ojotobiloba1: 6:23am On Nov 04, 2023
yusufmurry:
And nobody talked about free-to-air here.

I scroll through yet none mentioned it. Is it that it's not a good option ?

Please suggest which is less expensive
I am using free to air HD strong decorder, with two Dstv dishes and attached 4 LNB decorder to it, I am watching all Nigeria local stations, Dove TV, Saudi league, PL, champions league, league cup name it on m1 sport station, dstv should bleep themselves

1 Like

Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by benqo01(m): 6:36am On Nov 04, 2023
Why dont yall dive into IPTV
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by gannod(m): 6:37am On Nov 04, 2023
Is it compulsory to use DSTV? Nigerians should use other cable tvs.
Re: DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 by iamjavadem(m): 6:39am On Nov 04, 2023
Who says there are no alternatives? We have stopped watching dstv because of YouTube, Netflix and prime. Their total cost not even up to dstv subscription.
GanagiBitrus:
This is what you get when there are little or no viable alternatives to DSTV/GoTV.

Who are the DSTV competitors in the industry? There are Startimes, MyTV, TSTV etc. (that's what I meant by "little or no viable alternatives" ).

Of course you have options to download or stream Internet Contents, go to viewing centers, FTA, or Infact to abandon your DSTV Decoder & stop watching TV.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Download The Complete Marvel Movies / BBNaija: "We Didn’t Know That Nigerians Like Sex Like That” - Vandora / MTN Project Fame West Africa: Season 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.