Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! (49543 Views)

Toothbrush Removed From Indian Man Stomach After He Swallowed It While Brushing / Man Who Had Neurofibroma Smiles After Surgery To Remove Huge Tumor On His Face / Soldier Uses Bag For His Stomach After Being Injured At The Battlefield. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Blitzking: 1:21pm On Nov 07, 2023
zedegit:
I want to use this medium to raise awareness of how Nigerian Doctors always forget one instrument or the other inside a patient stomach and have the audacity to stitch up after surgery.

While this trend continues is because nothing serious is done to forestall this wickedness.
This act of negligence should come with serious punishment like life imprisonment and closure of that hospital to make others to get sense.

I have lost countless relatives and friends due to this wickedness of Nigerian Doctors. That's why people hardly go to hospital except for serious issues because danger increases anytime anyone visits a hospital.
Inasmuch as Health should be taken seriously..these guys give over a decade of their lives to train..both medical school and residency..yet they are not appreciated..simple lifestyle modification u will think they are stressing you...okay u Don get this condition use ur drug daily and come for regular clinic visit una no go hear when u get v fib and no defibrillator u expect one dr to perform magic..when u suppose use ur blood thinners so u no go get ischemic stroke or ischaemic heart disease u go say how I go dey take this drug daily I can't when the stroke finally land and no ct scan..the closest diagnostic is saying 4 go soon reach make u come tommorow or God punish you na fri make u come on monday say their ambulance commot town..even if u get ct scan no thrombolytics..browse the price of alteplase..as a Nigerian ur best bet to stay alive is prevention...if u wan die no adopt lifestyle modification. And avoid things that can shorten ur life..a day in the icu cost pass some lodges sef so be wise..NIGERIAN Dr's are stressed and underpaid the few u see around are quarter to japa..as for ur foolish politicians who think say dem wise they will meet us in UK.. US...France and saudi

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by peterpiiro(m): 1:22pm On Nov 07, 2023
Totally unacceptable from a professional. Beside, they have like two to five people working with them during surgery and you can't tell me non of them can remember such a grave mistake
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:23pm On Nov 07, 2023
nairalanda1:

Okay, when you need an operation, or someone close to you needs an operaiton, do it yourself. Keep away from the murderous doctors. Save your lives.
In their Duty of care, Doctors swore an oath to save lives. And not to to take away lives. Only quacks and an unserious doctor will forget equipments inside his patients stomach and be giving excuse that he made a mistake
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by nairalanda1(m): 1:24pm On Nov 07, 2023
Namaster:

Shut up!

It's the height of negligence. You are operating on a human being, not a china phone. It makes ZERO sense to forget things INSIDE a person.

The OP is merely calling for PUNISHMENT that's equal to the crime.

If a Doctor leaves something inside a patient, his/her license should be retracted. Hospital should be penalised and the Doctor should be sued and convicted for the heinous crime.

They should NEVER be allowed to touch a scalpel ever again.

Go to a hospital and see how nonchalant the doctors and nurses are. It's SUPER disgusting.

The only sensible people in a Nigerian hospital are the laboratory workers. The rest are mad. ALL of them.

Those who Japa dare NOT misbehave when they do so. Else, jail time.

Yes, all the people in the hospital are mad

That is why when your wife is about to deliver, you can conduct the delivery at your house.

When your child is sick, treat the child at home. You can do it, because you are sane

When your parents fall ill, treat them at home

Keep them away from the mad people.

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by nairalanda1(m): 1:25pm On Nov 07, 2023
TOPCRUISE:

In their Duty of care, Doctors swore an oath to save lives. And not to to take away lives. Only quacks and an unserious doctor will forget equipments inside his patients stomach and be giving excuse that he made a mistake

Yes, and since the person I responded to has sagely stated that all doctors are quacks in this country, he should keep himself and his loved ones away from the quacks by treating himself and they when they fall sick. Including sickness requiring operations.

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by YoungBlackRico(m): 1:31pm On Nov 07, 2023
advanceDNA:

Baba..no be excuse ....no be defence... It's just what it is ..

Sadly ....it's not a Nigerian doctor thing ..that's why I said what I said....
.it happens everywhere...

In a two year statistic...550 objects were forgotten in patients from 2016-2018... And that's in Canada alone.....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/globalnews.ca/news/6138765/surgery-forgotten-objects/amp/
Yeah, probably Nigerian doctors grin
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by nairalanda1(m): 1:33pm On Nov 07, 2023
YoungBlackRico:

Nope, Canadians.

It is not that easy to get a licence to practice in Canada, and for surgical specialties, they tend to look at Canadians only.
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Panda7(m): 1:34pm On Nov 07, 2023
If you look around the vicinity of Federal owned health centres you will realise why health care workers are moving abroad.
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by advanceDNA: 1:34pm On Nov 07, 2023
Namaster:

Shut up!

It's the height of negligence. You are operating on a human being, not a china phone. It makes ZERO sense to forget things INSIDE a person.

The OP is merely calling for PUNISHMENT that's equal to the crime.

If a Doctor leaves something inside a patient, his/her license should be retracted. Hospital should be penalised and the Doctor should be sued and convicted for the heinous crime.

They should NEVER be allowed to touch a scalpel ever again.

Go to a hospital and see how nonchalant the doctors and nurses are. It's SUPER disgusting.

The only sensible people in a Nigerian hospital are the laboratory workers. The rest are mad. ALL of them.

Those who Japa dare NOT misbehave when they do so. Else, jail time.

Lol...u just dey cap...
. Jail time?? Lol ...

This is not even a Nigerian doctor thing .. I said what I said because it happens everywhere...it's not right, but it is what it is...

In a two year statistic...550 objects were forgotten in patients from 2016-2018... And that's in Canada alone.....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/globalnews.ca/news/6138765/surgery-forgotten-objects/amp/

So no dey cap like say where Dem dey japa go ..it doesn't happen there...the statistics is even lesser in Nigeria..

Do u know the amount of misdiagnosis and mis-prescription that happen in a week, month and year leading to fatalities... U think doctors are 100% accurate....u think because a patient went home fine after visiting them means they didn't make any mistake??

They all make mistake through their career... Some are just lucky not to be fatal

..U just dey cap man

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Blessograo(f): 1:34pm On Nov 07, 2023
You can say whatever you like o, I have no problem with that but I'm a Nigerian doctor myself. As a surgeon it's a routine to properly documents and count all your tools before and after surgery which is the job of a peri-operative nurse. If you claim to have lost several relatives to this negligence maybe your relatives go to cheap hospital that can only afford to pay quacks. Let's all be duly educated please and God be with us.

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Blessograo(f): 1:37pm On Nov 07, 2023
advanceDNA:

Lol...u just dey cap...
. Jail time?? Lol ...

This is not even a Nigerian doctor thing .. I said what I said because it happens everywhere...it's not right, but it is what it is...

So no dey cap like say where Dem dey japa go ..it doesn't happen there...the statistics is even lesser in Nigeria..

Do u know the amount of misdiagnosis and mis-prescription that happen in a week, month and year leading to fatalities... U think doctors are 100% accurate....u think because a patient went home fine after visiting them means they didn't make any mistake??

They all make mistake through their career... Some are just lucky not to be fatal

..U just dey cap man
I think you should just become a doctor instead, open your own hospital maybe you'll do a better job than us. Better still include Ifa so Ifa will give you the right diagnosis
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by advanceDNA: 1:37pm On Nov 07, 2023
YoungBlackRico:

You be comedian grin
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by stuffs2002: 1:37pm On Nov 07, 2023
cigaricon:

You are the wisest person on earth. Please whenever you or any of your family members have medical complications, please don't go to the doctor. You can treat or operate on yourself cos like you said, Doctors are killing Nigerians. Mtcheew

We will not stop telling doctors the truth.

If E pain you, change your profession. go and become a carpenter instead of turning yourself into a murderer.
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Streetmovement(m): 1:38pm On Nov 07, 2023
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Very stupid set of people, how can you forget items inside somebody stomach all in the name of mistake, it's your job not to make such mistake, to even start with it's very unprofessional to conduct a surgery with tools inside the belly of the patient, very reckless.

Left for me I go shut down the hospital, revoke their license then imprison them for 10+ years.

Make nobody come my mention come yan anyhow cuz you go collect insult wey your papa never collect before for him entire life.

This is people's life you're playing with, remember that.

Rubbish.
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by themanderon: 1:38pm On Nov 07, 2023
advanceDNA:
Baba calm down..... Which one is audacity to stich it up?? it's not intentional naaa... Doctors are humans too.... surgery can get messy and very long which makes them prone to mistakes... No vex

That is the more reason why there should be other professionals and doctors in the theatre so errors like this do not occur. In the government hospital may mum worked in then they had surgeons, assisting doctors, anesthetics, theatre nurses, etc assisting the surgeons. Having many eyes minimizes such errors. Today in most of these quack hospitals you have just one doctor working alone being assisted by these quack Eliza nurses yet they charge hundreds of thousands for surgeries.
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Pelin1998: 1:40pm On Nov 07, 2023
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

Really better punishment should be meted out on them

And the way they act as if they are God is second to non
That is how they almost killed my elder sister during when she was about to put to bed

We lost the child
Almost about to lose my elder sister as well

Surgical operation gone wrong
Liquid of all kinds started coming out of my sister body through her nose continously

Very scary scene

You are not the real damn niggar

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by stuffs2002: 1:40pm On Nov 07, 2023
Streetmovement:

Very stupid set of people, how can you forget items inside somebody stomach all in the name of mistake, it's your job not to make such mistake, to even start with it's very unprofessional to conduct a surgery with tools inside the belly of the patient, very reckless.

Left for me I go shut down the hospital, revoke their license then imprison them for 10+ years.

Make nobody come my mention come yan anyhow cuz you go collect insult wey your papa never collect before for him entire life.

This is people's life you're playing with, remember that.

Rubbish.

What is even more worrisome is the fact that some doctors on this thread are justifying such stupidity of forgetting instruments in a patient's.
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by advanceDNA: 1:40pm On Nov 07, 2023
Blessograo:

I think you should just become a doctor instead, open your own hospital maybe you'll do a better job than us. Better still include Ifa so Ifa will give you the right diagnosis

U just dey cap grin
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by nairalanda1(m): 1:40pm On Nov 07, 2023
stuffs2002:

We will not stop telling doctors the truth.

If E pain you, change your profession. go and become a carpenter instead of turning yourself into a murderer.

Good work.

You should consider treating you and your loved ones by yourself when you fall sick. After all, it is true, all Nigerian doctors are quacks, as you have rightly said.
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by stuffs2002: 1:42pm On Nov 07, 2023
advanceDNA:

It's not a Nigerian doctor thing ..that's why I said what I said...it happens everywhere... And u'd be surprised forgetting things in a patient is one of the least mistakes of doctors ....

In a two years statistic...550 objects were forgotten in patients from 2016-2018... And that's in Canada alone.....

1. The possibility of it happening in Canada is very very slim. Do you know how many surgeries are performed in Canada per day. Compare that with Nigeria and see the amount of instruments being forgotten in Nigeria.
2. How many Canadian doctors came online to justify the stupid act of their colleague.
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by SUNNINO(m): 1:43pm On Nov 07, 2023
Stop supporting unprofessionalism,I you be a victim one day.
advanceDNA:
Baba calm down..... Which one is audacity to stich it up?? it's not intentional naaa... Doctors are humans too.... surgery can get messy and very long which makes them prone to mistakes... No vex

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Streetmovement(m): 1:43pm On Nov 07, 2023
stuffs2002:

What is even more worrisome is the fact that some doctors on this thread are justifying such stupidity of forgetting instruments in a patient's.

No mind them, naxo them dey kill people after them go talk say them be professional, professional kill you there.

You see doctors, nurses and police for this country, punishment wey dey wait for them go pass the one wey dem don do people.

I hate rubbish in my life.
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by stuffs2002: 1:44pm On Nov 07, 2023
Angelfrost:

Define "Murderer" please.

Are you saying the doctors intentionally leave surgical materials inside the patients to cause them harm?!!

Can you prove this?!!

Please, if you have nothing meaningful to rebut my submission with, then move along.

1. Nigerian doctors are very very careless with the health of their patients.
2. You hate the truth.
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by nairalanda1(m): 1:45pm On Nov 07, 2023
stuffs2002:

1. Nigerian doctors are very very careless with the health of their patients.
2. You hate the truth.

You are right.

That is why when your loved one needs an operation next time, avoid those careless Nigerian doctors and do the operation yourself, or advise your relation to operate on themselves. Let's show those unprofessional Nigerian doctors.

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by stuffs2002: 1:45pm On Nov 07, 2023
nairalanda1:

You can treat yourself next time you fall sick you know. That keeps you away from the mumu doctors.

1. Now you see why Nigerians who have the means would rather fly out to other countries?

2. Even doctors in Sudan do far better than Nigerian doctor
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Ekpekus(m): 1:46pm On Nov 07, 2023
Doctors and health professionals gets batching at any given opportunity and this thread is doing that.

I look forward to the day when health professionals would be well appreciated and compensated... we eagerly await

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by nairalanda1(m): 1:46pm On Nov 07, 2023
stuffs2002:

1. Now you see why Nigerians who have the means would rather fly out to other countries?

Exactly, so avoid the careless Nigerian doctors by doing the operation yourself, if you cannot afford to go abroad.

You can do it. You are better than every Nigerian doctor.

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by advanceDNA: 1:47pm On Nov 07, 2023
themanderon:

That is the more reason why there should be other professionals and doctors in the theatre so errors like this do not occur. In the government hospital may mum worked in then they had surgeons, assisting doctors, anesthetics, theatre nurses, etc assisting the surgeons. Having many eyes minimizes such errors. Today in most of these quack hospitals you have just one doctor working alone being assisted by these quack Eliza nurses yet they charge hundreds of thousands for surgeries.

The WHO recommendation of the rato of one doctor to population of state is 1:600....

As at 2017 Nigeria is at 1: 3500... I Don't know how it is now with the japa episodes.....

Like u mentioned ...The government also doesn't have recommendation for private hospital practice...no quality assurance.....and we all expect a person standing through an 18hr surgery won't make mistake in the name of being a professional..... Okay ooo make una dey play

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by advanceDNA: 1:47pm On Nov 07, 2023
SUNNINO:
Stop supporting unprofessionalism,I you be a victim one day.

U just dey cap..... Ur curses mean nothing
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by nairalanda1(m): 1:48pm On Nov 07, 2023
stuffs2002:

For example, if you have an appendicitis attack, and there is no time to fly abroad, you can follow the example of Leonid Ivanovich Rogzov and operate on yourself. Avoid all them evil Nigerian doctors.

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by advanceDNA: 1:48pm On Nov 07, 2023
stuffs2002:

1. The possibility of it happening in Canada is very very slim. Do you know how many surgeries are performed in Canada per day. Compare that with Nigeria and see the amount of instruments being forgotten in Nigeria.
2. How many Canadian doctors came online to justify the stupid act of their colleague.

It's slim and 550 happened in 2 years?? Baba u just dey cap ..

It's not justification...it's just what it is

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

6 Common Signs That You Are Not Eating Enough Protein (Photos) / Journalist Slumps And Dies While Dancing At School Reunion In Edo / Imo Ranks Number One In Condom Use

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.