Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,961 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife (26323 Views)

How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother / How Do I Deal With An Emotionally Cheating Husband / How Do I Deal With This Issues Between My Wife And I? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by chidiokay: 3:13pm On Nov 07, 2023
nairalanduser23:

Yes, we have

I am fulfilling my financial obligations

Bros pls note Bankowner comment, ahead of every conversation always have a diversion planned. once she flare up find something and do right there
If you really cherish your peace of mind, make it into an habit.
Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by legitnow1: 3:14pm On Nov 07, 2023
Charly68:
Your wife is having an emotional imbalance issue,it is demonic which you can handle if you are a believer . The devil wants to cause emotional breakdown for you so as to destroy the marriage . Bind every demon of anger and strive in her life and cast it out in Jesus name. Your case is as simple as that .

AS A BELIEVER, I CONCURR.

U CAN EITHER DELIVER HER OR YOU CAN DELIVER IT TO HER.

EITHER WAY, A MAN MUST BE IN CONTROL.

MEN THAT HAVE VERY LITTLE CONTROL HAVE BEEN SET UP BY DEMONS TO COMMIT MURDER OVER NOTHING AND WEN U LISTEN TO THEM, NOTHING MAKES SENSE.

IT IS LIKE THAT SHOOTING IN AMERICA, THE WHOLE THING LOOKED DEMONIC BUT ONLY THE BELIEVERS GO UNDERSTAND.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by djon78(m): 3:15pm On Nov 07, 2023
emmanuelbrown26:
Sometimes I feel so ashamed of sharing dis generation with some idiots parading themselves as men.
For ur wife to raise her voice at u at any slightest discussion shows how weak u are, then it also shows that she's d one doing u favour by marrying u
Men suppose to create boundary in marriage bcs d generation of women we hv dis day is totally different from what we had back then.
We hv women that wants to eat their cake and still have it.
OP ur forefathers must be so disappointed in having somebody like u in their lineage bcs u don't deserve to be a man at all

Honestly weak men are being raised nowadays

While women are now Lion

So there is a very big problem at hand
A very big pity

Personally me no dey tolerate nonsense o at all

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by maclatunji: 3:15pm On Nov 07, 2023
nairalanduser23:
I am tired of my wife's quarrelsome behaviour which I think she reserves for me. I can be having a honest conversation with her and out of nowhere it will lead to a quarrel with her. It surprises me.

Strange enough, I have observed her communication with neighbours, work colleagues and she knows how to compose herself but when it is me even a funny comment can upset her. Even when I tell her I didn't mean her negative interpretation of a comment, she will still insist on her negative interpretation.

She sometimes talks to me in a way that seems unfriendly to the point that I desire her talking to me the way she talks to outsiders. I have talked to her about it but it is not helping matters. She acts like she is not ware of her tone but there is a stark difference between how she talks to me and other people.

I earn far more than her and take care of the house bills so money is not an issue. I feel like I am the only one proactive about peace in the marriage while she is care-free.

How can I deal with this?

She has psychological issues.

My advice:

1. Learn additional patience.

2. Find strategic situations to point out to her how she is doing the wrong thing that impacts everybody wrongly including her. Being a wife is dignifying, if she stops being one, there will be things she might not like or she might go "wild into the world" - her loss would be the greatest.

3. You might need to find one or two people she respects and have wisdom to talk sense into her.

4. Be prayerful.

5. Be firm when you have to but do not act based on anger, act on solid principles that are right for each circumstance. I am not saying you won't be angry, I am only saying control it.

I wish you the best.
Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by legitnow1: 3:17pm On Nov 07, 2023
maclatunji:

She has psychological issues.

My advice:

1. Learn additional patience.

2. Find strategic situations to point out to her how she is doing the wrong thing that impacts everybody wrongly including her. Being a wife is dignifying, if she stops being one, there will be things she might not like or she might go "wild into the world" - her loss would be the greatest.

3. You might need to find one or two people she respects and have wisdom to talk sense into her.

4. Be prayerful.

5. Be firm when you have to but do not act based on anger, act on solid principles that are right for each circumstance. I am not saying you won't be angry, I am only saying control it.

I wish you the best.

YES, THE SCIENNTIST THAT DONT BELIEVE IN DEMONS CALL IT PSYCHOLOGICAL ISSUE.

THEN, HE WILL USE RATIONALISM TO ADD FLESH TO HIS PROGNOISIS.
Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by maclatunji: 3:17pm On Nov 07, 2023
djon78:

Honestly weak men are being raised nowadays

While women are now Lion

So there is a very big problem at hand
A very big pity

Personally me no dey tolerate nonsense o at all

How many wives will you kick out? I understand where you are coming from but the current generation of young women have a large percentage of marriage unfriendly traits. It takes a different approach to keep them married than just plain authority.

I am not saying women in the past were saints but they tended to value marriage more.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by legitnow1: 3:18pm On Nov 07, 2023
MY OWN NA TO DELIVER SERIOUS KNACKING TO YOUR WIFE AND THE DEMON.

IT WILL BE A CASE OF YOUR DEMON VERSUS MINE.

MAKE GOD DELIVER US BOTH.
Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by kunle75(m): 3:18pm On Nov 07, 2023
GoldenJAT:
I am an advocate for an eye for an eye!! You weren't appointed as an ambassador for peace!!!
With me! Your input determines the output! If a woman/ wife has vowed not to allow peace reign in my home, then two can play the game.

Two wrong can't make a right, some women are devil advocate, don't dig your grave.
Just get your peace anyhow you can
Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by bascutdb: 3:19pm On Nov 07, 2023
nairalanduser23:
I am tired of my wife's quarrelsome behaviour which I think she reserves for me. I can be having a honest conversation with her and out of nowhere it will lead to a quarrel with her. It surprises me.

Strange enough, I have observed her communication with neighbours, work colleagues and she knows how to compose herself but when it is me even a funny comment can upset her. Even when I tell her I didn't mean her negative interpretation of a comment, she will still insist on her negative interpretation.

She sometimes talks to me in a way that seems unfriendly to the point that I desire her talking to me the way she talks to outsiders. I have talked to her about it but it is not helping matters. She acts like she is not ware of her tone but there is a stark difference between how she talks to me and other people.

I earn far more than her and take care of the house bills so money is not an issue. I feel like I am the only one proactive about peace in the marriage while she is care-free.

My brother, I understand what you are passing through, I have been in such situations before but I thank God today, chat me up and I will tell you what to do.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by Dynamicboss: 3:19pm On Nov 07, 2023
Bankowner:
Candid advice.
You cannot fight fire with fire. Whenever your wife starts the quarrelsome attitude, I beg you, beat a retreat and break the trail of the conversation that leads to it. It doesn’t make you less a man if you decide to keep quiet and not say anything further since she may see walking out on her as an insult which may aggravate the situation.
I have tried it, and it worked for me. Once it starts, I stop talking and start listening to music.

Walking away or stop talking, women still see it as insult. They just want to control you and accept whatever they say whether right or wrong. Best thing is to agree with her argument and let life experience teach her a big lesson. I don off my mic

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by maclatunji: 3:20pm On Nov 07, 2023
legitnow1:

YES, THE SCIENNTIST THAT DONT BELIEVE IN DEMONS CALL IT PSYCHOLOGICAL ISSUE.

THEN, HE WILL USE RATIONALISM TO ADD FLESH TO HIS PROGNOISIS.

Rationality can help solve many problems, it would be absurd to attribute most problems to spirits. Spiritual problems are the exception, not the rule.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by legitnow1: 3:20pm On Nov 07, 2023
Charly68:
Your wife is having an emotional imbalance issue,it is demonic which you can handle if you are a believer . The devil wants to cause emotional breakdown for you so as to destroy the marriage . Bind every demon of anger and strive in her life and cast it out in Jesus name. Your case is as simple as that .

ME I NO BE EXORCIST, SO I CANNOT DELIVER HER FROM THE DEMON TO SAVE OUR LIFE.

I WILL DELIVER TO HER.

MAKE GOD HELP US.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by maclatunji: 3:21pm On Nov 07, 2023
bascutdb:

My brother, I understand what you are passing through, I have been in such situations before but I thank God today, chat me up and I will tell you what to do.

Without sharing your life history, a few tips might benefit the public too.
Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by richard870(m): 3:21pm On Nov 07, 2023
It's so obvious you love your wife. My advice for you is to have a no holds barred conversation with her then ask if she's still in love with you or not....crazy but this will give you an insight to the root cause
Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by legitnow1: 3:21pm On Nov 07, 2023
maclatunji:

Rationality can help solve many problems, it would be absurd to attribute most problems to spirits. Spiritual problems are the exception, not the rule.

HAVE U EVER USED YOUR RATIONALITY TO CURE A MAD MAN?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by occfx: 3:21pm On Nov 07, 2023
Bankowner:
Candid advice.
You cannot fight fire with fire. Whenever your wife starts the quarrelsome attitude, I beg you, beat a retreat and break the trail of the conversation that leads to it. It doesn’t make you less a man if you decide to keep quiet and not say anything further since she may see walking out on her as an insult which may aggravate the situation.
I have tried it, and it worked for me. Once it starts, I stop talking and start listening to music.

LOL, na my way be that, I no dey argue with woman.
Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by easzypeaszy(m): 3:21pm On Nov 07, 2023
nairalanduser23:

My wife too was like dat, so when her Mom came I begin to redicule both of dem.
I strted behaving like her wt insult Infront of her Mom.. We go sitdwn do meetin like 10times until the matter tire her.. Now she has changed totally n evything is now back to normal.
If u no collect ursef by force she wl disgrace u outside especially wen her relatives are around

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by BRATISLAVA: 3:23pm On Nov 07, 2023
nairalanduser23:

If this isn't a fake story, you know why she's tired of talking to you but you're coming here to play innocent. You know what you did to her that is causing it, but you will claim you don't.
Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by Kobojunkie: 3:26pm On Nov 07, 2023
Charly68:
E be like say with every Nigerian born, a demon twin to haunt them for life follows. When dem born una dem born demon put to follow you lot for all for your lives explaining why you lot cannot seem to help but blame demons for everything you refuse to face head on. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by Available9: 3:30pm On Nov 07, 2023
Kobojunkie:
After reading the story of how one of their colleagues was abandoned at the airport in the UK by the wife he maltreated for 9 years? undecided

And you think a wise man will sponsor his wife Abroad after reading that shit ?
Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by Kingisibor: 3:30pm On Nov 07, 2023
Go do🧬 (DNA) first oo because na quarrelsome wife dey born for outside pass ooo
Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by legitnow1: 3:30pm On Nov 07, 2023
Kobojunkie:
E be like say with every Nigerian born, a demon twin to haunt them for life follows. When dem born una dem born demon put to follow you lot for all for your lived explaining why you lot cannot seem to help but blame demons for everything you refuse to face head on. undecided

SO SHE DEY READ MY POST?

WOMEN!
Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by VEHINTOLAR: 3:31pm On Nov 07, 2023
nairalanduser23:

Guy,I'll be very honest with you;you've got to change the dynamics of your relationship with your so called wife. What do I mean ? Yes,you have got to show her your "other side" too. This is a must for you to do if you must have that respect you deserve in your own house. See,if you listen to the advice of any woman or those women in man's body here,trust me, you're done for !

You see, it's very likely that your wife has another man,a new man in her life. Don't ever underestimate what any woman can do;you can't afford to trust any woman. These are what I'll advise you to do,they are very simple :

(1) Without giving her any clue or a slight hint, start investigating her activities - check her phone call logs,text messages and interactions / engagements on the social media platforms. Check if she passworded her WhatsApp and other social media accounts. If she does,get a tech guy to hack her account for that means she is hiding something.

(2) While you're gathering information about the likely reasons for her toxic behaviors and disrespect towards you,start learning how to GO MAD WITHOUT WARNING ! You'll need that when you discover that she has been secretly seeing another man behind your back ! It is a well established pattern;a woman starts losing respect for her man/husband when she is involved with another man that she thinks is better than her own husband or man. She may have been comparing you with another man in her life whom she thinks is better than you !

(3) Do I or anyone need to tell you what to do if you discover that she has actually been cheating on you with another man ? The choice is yours,but I hope you won't be so naive to continue living with such a woman. Be quick about the (1) above;it's very important as it is very important to know the root cause of her bad attitudes towards you.

(4) If you discovered that she was not involved in any extramarital affairs,then you begin to stamp your authority as the MAN in that house by taking out unnecessary sidetalks and any other frivolty with her. Show her love but don't ever be "a sucker for love" ! Be angry when it is necessary;that shows that you won't tolerate nonsense. It is time you change her perception about your personality. As it is now ,sadly,your wife sees you as a weak man !

Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by leisuretym: 3:32pm On Nov 07, 2023
LOL, I like you, they always act like that whenever they think they have captured you, it's because OP is peaceful and responsible, May be he doesn't drive out to cool off in the evening, he must be a workaholic, he must be giving her too much attention, make her crave for your attention, whenever my friend wife start misbehaving, he will just tell her he has appointment in Abuja next tomorrow, book flight and zoom off, she will be the one calling to ask when he's coming back, but if OP work for an organisation, he may not have such privileged, the truth is marriage can be boring if you let your partner place you on defensive mode

advanceDNA:

U have lost the leverage of the relationship to her at some point.... Some women tend to feel they are doing u a favour by dating or staying married to you....so they treat u like door mat once u give them too much allowance.

Oga ..let her know her attitude is frustrating and u are starting to consider that divorce might give u the peace u desire ......she will quickly accuse u infidelity, that u have been planning it, she will make it all about herself and how she has suffered with you because pple like her don't see anything wrong in their behavior .....

. Nor look uche face.....drop the divorce papers with her to scare....her brain will reset......... If she continues are behavior .........baba, u cannot trade ur peace of mind just because u want to remain married to a troublesome woman that needs u to pay her bills .....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by Kingzjayzee: 3:36pm On Nov 07, 2023
SIXTEENTH:
If you are working with a firm that has another branch interstate please apply for transfer to another state, I think with this method you can be able to evade some of her threat.

Only visit maybe 2-3 times a year can solved half of the nagging and quarrelling couple with confrontation going on in your households.
in the process of solving one problem, u end up creating 100 more.
Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by chidiokay: 3:36pm On Nov 07, 2023
emmanuelbrown26:
Sometimes I feel so ashamed of sharing dis generation with some idiots parading themselves as men.
For ur wife to raise her voice at u at any slightest discussion shows how weak u are, then it also shows that she's d one doing u favour by marrying u
Men suppose to create boundary in marriage bcs d generation of women we hv dis day is totally different from what we had back then.
We hv en that wants to eat their cake and still have it.
OP ur forefathers must be so disappointed in having somebody like u in their lineage bcs u don't deserve to be a man at all

Oga these as nothing to do with weakness, Even if you dey commot fire for head and mouth like sango e get where people will fear you reach and it will diminish
Even as children e get where you go fear your Parent reach it will subside if care is not taken .. it is called see finish.

The major problem with Modern Marriage is unrealistic expectations both parties carry into the union.
maybe b4 marriage op and his wife never had much time discussing topics, what you didnt start with her at the early days to introduce it at the middle will meet some resistance
Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by adecz: 3:38pm On Nov 07, 2023
Incompatibility is a good reason for
separation except you want hypertension💉📈

1 Like

Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by abobote: 3:39pm On Nov 07, 2023
I think say na only me get quarrelsome wife
Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by Kobojunkie: 3:42pm On Nov 07, 2023
Available9:
■ And you think a wise man will sponsor his wife Abroad after reading that shit ?
Who sponsored whom? undecided

Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by Exceed15: 3:43pm On Nov 07, 2023
You better file divorce because one day she will give u high blood pressure and God forbid you may slump n die from heart attack. Before you know it another man go dey knack am.Any woman that won't give me peace must leave my house. Period
Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by djon78(m): 3:43pm On Nov 07, 2023
maclatunji:

How many wives will you kick out? I understand where you are coming from but the current generation of young women have a large percentage of marriage unfriendly traits. It takes a different approach to keep them married than just plain authority.

I am not saying women in the past were saints but they tended to value marriage more.

That's exactly what I am saying

Presently I have given her ultimatum if I don't see better changes
Next year I will move on and find someone to start dating

Honestly
Although I also caution myself that what if the next one will not be worse

Infact I don't blame guys that just had babymama or had children when they were younger by mistake or impregnate a woman. They don't have any attachment with the so called women

Because honestly marrying some woman is just not it and many of them are like that
Talkless when children are involved

But I will keep on watching if she will change, because I don change am for her and she is now surprised by my attitude cos I no send again

Like you said many women don't have marriageable qualities now
Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by AmbassadoR100(m): 3:46pm On Nov 07, 2023
Bro.. I feel your pain. Sorry about the negative development.

If you are into pornography and masturbation... Pls stop... It could be the cause.

These vices brings chastisement, insult, shame and mockery into the life of a man.

If you put a stop to it... You will definitely see changes like Magic.

If you are not into the above vices, then you need to talk to your wife about her behavior or you arrange for both of you to go for counseling.

Never forget to pray about the negative situation.

May the Lord come through for you and your family in Jesus Name Amen.

Remain blessed.

If
nairalanduser23:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Suprised His Wife With A Benz After Giving Birth / I Fell Off My Mum's Back And I Am Scared My Man Could Die / Group Offers Cash And Scholarship To Abandoned Mother Of Triple Twins (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.