Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,944 members, 7,821,306 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife (26338 Views)

How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother / How Do I Deal With An Emotionally Cheating Husband / How Do I Deal With This Issues Between My Wife And I? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by 7upnigeria: 6:47pm On Nov 07, 2023
Adexvivacity:
Am sorry to say this: She feels she shouldn't have married you. It happens to both male and female. When you marry someone you feel is below you and you have pride, it often this way. Always ignore her and communicate necessary things to her only. You have her as ur only companion, I dnt think its the same thing with her. Abi she dey playbet? cut ticket can make one angry often.

That woman does not love the man genuinely, she may be looking for a way/reason to walk away from the marriage. A woman who loves a man GENUINELY will do things to make the man happy always. A certain married woman who married her husband UNTOUCHED told me she has been taught to forgive her husband even if he CHEATS ON HER. You should never trust all these married hoes, they always want to go back to the FIRST DICK or move around like MERCY AIGBE until they get the SWEETEST DICK.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by Myer(m): 6:51pm On Nov 07, 2023
nairalanduser23:
I am tired of my wife's quarrelsome behaviour which I think she reserves for me. I can be having a honest conversation with her and out of nowhere it will lead to a quarrel with her. It surprises me.

Strange enough, I have observed her communication with neighbours, work colleagues and she knows how to compose herself but when it is me even a funny comment can upset her. Even when I tell her I didn't mean her negative interpretation of a comment, she will still insist on her negative interpretation.

She sometimes talks to me in a way that seems unfriendly to the point that I desire her talking to me the way she talks to outsiders. I have talked to her about it but it is not helping matters. She acts like she is not ware of her tone but there is a stark difference between how she talks to me and other people.

I earn far more than her and take care of the house bills so money is not an issue. I feel like I am the only one proactive about peace in the marriage while she is care-free.

How can I deal with this?
Where does one start?
If you both married in a church, please seek counselling.
If you both have elders She respects or looks up to- have them talk to her.

Prov.25.24 - It is better to dwell in a corner of a housetop, Than in a house shared with a contentious woman.
Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by Focusmind: 6:56pm On Nov 07, 2023
My advice to men is to always establish the boundaries and assert their authority ab initio. Once courtship starts, show that you are in charge..... Don’t act gentle and holy, thinking she will love you more because of that. Na lie.....show your authority and be firm but don't ever shout or beat her.
Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by Rejouir: 6:57pm On Nov 07, 2023
I once dated a girl like this, i just had to face her, and stop the silly behavior of always accepting how ever she behave. I shouted at her, and warned her. She thought i was joking until i kicked her out of my flat. She left, with pride. Thinking i will call her to beg her. She later called after about 3 weeks but it was already late. She had too much pride.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by advanceDNA: 7:17pm On Nov 07, 2023
MightySparrow:

Not the solution Sir. I was in the same shoe years back. More than twenty years ago. It has not solved anything. By the nature of my work, O left home 2008 and visiting occasionally. The problem now is. When I retire, is there a home to return? I am racking my brain to see if I can have houses in three locations. My village, which my wife doesn't like seems to be the best option. I would retire there alone. She could be jumping from one child to another. Life after retirement is a dread to me.
I will not suggest divorce because of the children, but it is the best option.

Men suffering in their own marriage.....a marriage u are bankrolling and working ur àss off to keep alive .... Una dey try oooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by anthonyuncle(m): 7:21pm On Nov 07, 2023
Adexvivacity:
Am sorry to say this: She feels she shouldn't have married you.
Bro, you shouldn't be sorry to say it, what you said is the truth.

The person she left to marry him has finally made it big and she's full of regret and contempt for him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by Mcslize: 7:23pm On Nov 07, 2023
nairalanduser23:
I am tired of my wife's quarrelsome behaviour which I think she reserves for me. I can be having a honest conversation with her and out of nowhere it will lead to a quarrel with her. It surprises me.

Strange enough, I have observed her communication with neighbours, work colleagues and she knows how to compose herself but when it is me even a funny comment can upset her. Even when I tell her I didn't mean her negative interpretation of a comment, she will still insist on her negative interpretation.

She sometimes talks to me in a way that seems unfriendly to the point that I desire her talking to me the way she talks to outsiders. I have talked to her about it but it is not helping matters. She acts like she is not ware of her tone but there is a stark difference between how she talks to me and other people.

I earn far more than her and take care of the house bills so money is not an issue. I feel like I am the only one proactive about peace in the marriage while she is care-free.

I think it's your fault. As a man, know how to handle your wife so she won't start misbehaving. It all boiled down to how you've made yourself look before her.

If your wife doesn't respect you, that's a big blow on you as a man. It means that she can disgrace and disrespect you before your family and the general public without any feeling of remorse.

This is what you should do to earn your respect back. If you do these things, she will be the one begging you to talk to her about what the problem is. What I am about telling you has been proven and tested.

So, don't take it lightly, especially for a woman that disrespects you without any feeling of guilt. Remember, this is a wife that is disrespecting you, so handle it in a manly way. If you like go and start begging her. That's when it will get worse.

Now, what can you do? Stop eating her food. Don't talk to her. But make sure you drop money for her to cook but don't eat her food.

Whenever you come back home, don't ever alter any word to her. Allow her to wonder what's going on. Remember, you can never earn a woman's respect by behaving like a Sisi.

Do that for 1-2 weeks. If she doesn't come to start asking you what's wrong why your sudden change of attitude, just know your wife doesn't really love you.

But if she truly does love you, and you do what I just disclosed to you, she will be the one wanting to please you and looking for way to find out what she did wrong. If she finally starts getting closer to ask what's going on, still don't give her face.

Do that till she can't take it any more, then and only then you should tell her how you don't like her disrespecting you as her husband. That if she truly wants both of you to be in good terms, she needs to change.

This is proven and tested. You need to earn your respect back as a man. Try this for 1-2 weeks and get back to me how everything goes.

Don't forget, your only solution is giving her a silent treatment. Ignore her, ignore her and ignore her till eternity. She will come to her senses.

Proven and tested.

And one more thing, if you know what's good for you, don't make the mistake of taking any advice from any woman here regarding this matter. They won't give you the best of advice, instead they will advise you to continue acting like a Sisi to your wife. That won't solve your problem.

Read through all the messages and filter out those advice provided by men. I am not asking you to go fight your wife o. Don't just eat her food and give her a brutal silent treatment. That's your only solution, trust me. She will retrace her steps and will want peace to reign between you two. This works 100% if your wife truly loves you.
Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by scutches(m): 7:24pm On Nov 07, 2023
I don’t know why people were against divorce. Until something terrible happened? It’s obvious she doesn’t like or loved u. This is how it started until paternity fraud sets in. Sir, it takes two to makes a marriage works. If the other was saying or acting otherwise, then something is wrong.
Stay alive hale and fresh is very important than being in a marriage of frustration and sadness. My candid advise tho!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by Fatbam005: 7:26pm On Nov 07, 2023
She has a small devil inside her . You better watch your back
Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by phemmyfour: 7:29pm On Nov 07, 2023
nairalanduser23:

That's what happens when you force a woman into marriage. She is enduring the marriage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by ultra100(f): 7:34pm On Nov 07, 2023
q[ quote author=MEGA4BILLION post=126836803]Do a background check, she maybe older than you that is why she sees every of your comments as an insult to her person. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by hansomb: 7:48pm On Nov 07, 2023
mrblessed:
Baba, na see finsih cause am. That lady no rate you at all, how she go dey change am over small issues? Just ensure you are playing your wing very well.
He's probably Anthony of Manchester united instead of Dokubof Manchester city.
Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by tojahh(m): 7:49pm On Nov 07, 2023
ahnie:
Op majority of those addvicing you to divorce your wife are bunch of frustrated lots.

If you follow their advices your name na sorry.

Kindly keep correcting your wife
Women are dramatic,always keep that in mind.

You always act and assume you're the Mama of this faceless forum. Always feeling like your opinion is best. Imagine you wey no dey husband house dey advise person for him marriage.

Tueh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by Babastrong(m): 7:50pm On Nov 07, 2023
[quote author=SIXTEENTH post=126836287]If you are working with a firm that has another branch interstate please apply for transfer to another state, I think with this method you can be able to evade some of her threat.

Only visit maybe 2-3 times a year can solved half of the nagging and quarrelling couple with confrontation going on in your households.[for another man to be bleeping her,.., i sight u.. Mr ad*iser. ]
Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by profmallor: 7:52pm On Nov 07, 2023
IN life and most especially in marriage you must have the ability to display a little of madness once in a while, call it holy madness if you wish, but you cant be civil all the time. If you love your wife, then start to show some madness, dont beat her, but learn to not seek any form of approval, makes you look weak.
Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by Mcslize: 7:58pm On Nov 07, 2023
Sleekfingers:
Start avoiding her like plague.

1. In the morning, greet her, go to work.
2. After work, hang around at a bar, eat out and enter the house, shower and go to bed.
3. Weekends, if you have kids, play with them, afterwards go out and come back at night. Make sure you have eaten outside.
4. Don't eat her food. But don't stop giving her money and paying the bills
5. Don't attempt to have any intimacy with her. Try and be sleeping in the sitting room.
6. No matter what she says, don't answer, this is kinda hard though.

Nobody go tell her. Before she go ask you, say wetin she do, or tell your family or her family about what's going on.
Anytime, my wife start her madness, I just ignore her.

Perfect, but please strike that number 1 out of the list. That greeting her aspect. What will solve this issue is a complete silent treatment towards the wife. No greeting. No eating of her foods.

Total blackout. No mercy. Only that will bring her senses back and start behaving well towards the man.
Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by Babastrong(m): 8:01pm On Nov 07, 2023
Truth rarel¥ comes from friends but from enemies.
provoke her, make her angr¥ and listen to her outburst and lamentations, this is ¥hen/ho¥ ¥ou can kno¥ her mind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by dangwarmai(m): 8:01pm On Nov 07, 2023
When I face this type of incident I decided and became silent on everything, no seeking of advice over anything, no long discussion, doing what I know is right, sex once or nil in a week, she want to visit her family I paid for TP and any normal gift.

Now she is pleading that I should turn to normal, I don't know if I will be that normal again because I am now seeing what I am loosing before.

You can try my method but reach extremely out like me.
Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by Blackdisciple(m): 8:04pm On Nov 07, 2023
Hmmm
Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by Babastrong(m): 8:08pm On Nov 07, 2023
[quote author=advanceDNA post=126839790]

U are always trying to sound like ur opinion on issues is better than everyone else that has one different from yours .... If u want him to go and beg his wife and be managing her... give ur advice and go.....

Peace of mind is everything to me...which drove my comment.... If peace of mind is not important to you.....u can stay in an abusive marriage if it happens to you....[divorce cannot give ¥ou peace of mind infact it sometimes sho¥s that ¥ou are a co*ard. A co*ard that cannot manage and tame a *oman cannot manage a famil¥ not to talk of a nation.]
Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by advanceDNA: 8:23pm On Nov 07, 2023
Babastrong:

...u are living with a mad woman, but to you separating from her madness won't give u peace.....Lol.... They have reset ur brain with women talk.....

....only strong man can live with mad woman

Only strong men can date single mothers with 7 children

...only strong men can tolerate a nagging woman that wants to kill you

....strong man this ...strong man that..

Since when did divorce bcome cowardice?? Where did u get this from... Even women trying to manipulate men don't use this line..

Abeg......enjoy ur mentality.......I am not interested....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by DonroxyII: 8:32pm On Nov 07, 2023
nairalanduser23:

Mind Ya Tone Sha ... Notwithstanding... Some Bad Boys Traits are Needed to manage Women like a Gangster Stuff .... Cuz You Need to Display Some Craze sometimes in order to cleanse Her Craze .....!

Nevertheless, The Day Humanities realised it takes God + Contemporary Maturities to Manage anything Good to Becoming Better-Best is The Day All Our Problems are Solved.

To Manage Fellow "Human" Kindly Call His/Her Creator When Sheeets Its The Fan ... Dem no born am well make ihm no Hear cheesy
Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by mariahAngel(f): 8:46pm On Nov 07, 2023
Damian911:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
ROTFLMAO
Sorry but don't know why I find this advice funny especially the second advice of the first paragraph.

He should "pray" to change her?

Maybe you should review your comment. LMAO 🤣

Why? What is funny about it?

Why not? Is he not the head of his home?

What is there to review?

I see that most of you men are not ready to take charge and be the head of your home.
Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by Autobot05: 8:56pm On Nov 07, 2023
Sleekfingers:
Start avoiding her like plague.

1. In the morning, greet her, go to work.
2. After work, hang around at a bar, eat out and enter the house, shower and go to bed.
3. Weekends, if you have kids, play with them, afterwards go out and come back at night. Make sure you have eaten outside.
4. Don't eat her food. But don't stop giving her money and paying the bills
5. Don't attempt to have any intimacy with her. Try and be sleeping in the sitting room.
6. No matter what she says, don't answer, this is kinda hard though.

Nobody go tell her. Before she go ask you, say wetin she do, or tell your family or her family about what's going on.
Anytime, my wife start her madness, I just ignore her.

Seconded

Or just get a short-let apartment for like 2 months or 3 months and disappear
Leave your sim at home and notify important people you’re away for the meantime .. na she go use her mouth cast her doings

Kala
Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by Babastrong(m): 9:15pm On Nov 07, 2023
[quote author=advanceDNA post=126846826]
...u are living with a mad woman, but to you separating from her madness won't give u peace.....Lol.... They have reset ur brain with women talk.....

....only strong man can live with mad woman

Only strong men can date single mothers with 7 children

...only strong men can tolerate a nagging woman that wants to kill you

....strong man this ...strong man that..

Since when did divorce bcome cowardice?? Where did u get this from... Even women trying to manipulate men don't use this line..

Abeg......enjoy ur mentality.......I am not interested....
[but ¥ou £ant someone that have seen better ¥ou to bu¥ ¥our mentalit¥.]
Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by advanceDNA: 9:18pm On Nov 07, 2023
Babastrong:

My Opinion is free ...whatever anyone likes they can do with it......
Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by MostIncredibleDFirst: 9:18pm On Nov 07, 2023
It serves you right. If you were told not to marry such a woman, you would have thought it was bad advice. You are now a chicken and have come home to roast. I hope that your quarrelsome wife makes you miserable so that you learn not to be a simp in your next life.
You are mumu man.
Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by hardam003: 9:20pm On Nov 07, 2023
Dear brother, you deserve to be happy, and if you continue like this, your life will continue to be miserable. So, the only way to cure this is to give 10 or more folds of what nastiness she is bringing on and I tell you the outcome will be in your favor whether she leaves or stays. Her love for you if at all existed has drastically reduced.
Good luck!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by Sleekfingers: 9:20pm On Nov 07, 2023
Mcslize:

Perfect, but please strike that number 1 out of the list. That greeting her aspect. What will solve this issue is a complete silent treatment towards the wife. No greeting. No eating of her foods.

Total blackout. No mercy. Only that will bring her senses back and start behaving well towards the man.

Okay.
Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by MarketDispatch: 9:29pm On Nov 07, 2023
nairalanduser23:
I am tired of my wife's

Your answer lies in who she is communicating with in her WhatsApp messages. Know this and know peace.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by Sleekfingers: 9:30pm On Nov 07, 2023
Autobot05:

Seconded

Or just get a short-let apartment for like 2 months or 3 months and disappear
Leave your sim at home and notify important people you’re away for the meantime .. na she go use her mouth cast her doings

Kala

That 2 -3 months is too much o.
When my wife and I have issues, I will just go to one of my short let apartment, stay there for a couple of days or a week or two.....depending on the issue. But keep reaching out to my children.
She will be sending all kinda pleading messages, calling and telling my children to beg on her behalf and so on.
Re: How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife by searchlight: 9:56pm On Nov 07, 2023
ahnie:
Have you divorced yours?the way you people after smoking throws the word divorce on this forum eeh ..e come be like divorce dey grow on trees,i pity anyone that takes counsel from you
Anything that cost a man peace of mind is not worth it not to talk of liability that you feed, shelter, and clothe. As far as he keeps advocating for peace, he will end up his life running after a woman.

Marriage is just a legal and traditional way of entitling women to a man's long years of hard work.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Many Children Would You Like To Have?? / Group Offers Cash And Scholarship To Abandoned Mother Of Triple Twins (Photos) / I Fell Off My Mum's Back And I Am Scared My Man Could Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.