Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,975 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport (26402 Views)

Man Narrates His Sad Experience Applying For China Visa With Nigerian Passport / Evangelist Chidi Ibenado Narrates His Near-Death Aboard Air Craft In Congo / Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by ednut1(m): 8:44pm On Nov 07, 2023
Why are some Nigerians always wanting to play smart or cut corners. The bill from the hospital will be nothing less than 70k Cad to 100k Cad. shocked
https://www.instagram.com/p/CzUA-Ytuxvi/?igshid=ZTdwdzNqeHpvZTh4

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by ednut1(m): 8:45pm On Nov 07, 2023
The risks some people take ehn.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by Babangidapikin: 8:51pm On Nov 07, 2023
Pele I can imagine the stress ...me just ranting to my friend today about been stereotype just because you are Nigerian .
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by Taal17: 9:43pm On Nov 07, 2023
ednut1:
The risks some people take ehn.
From what is here he didn't plan the cost of birthing abroad.

I still don't get what the issue is really.
He's afraid of deportation?
Since he came to visit why is he afraid to go back to Nigeria

I don't see what racism has to do with it.
Maybe he should research what rights he supposedly has that prevents border personnel from going through his documents or phone.
You already shared that the reason for your travel was to birth abroad na so the border personnel is right na.

Their passports are with them so go to the hearing.
Better plan payment for the hospital bills or look for charities to help you pay. Jejely collect your baby's Canadian passport.
Deportation is not the end of the world.

93 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by Kenn55: 10:10pm On Nov 07, 2023
The lie is obvious so he shouldn't blame the immigration officer or push this racism narrative.
You are going for vacation in November when winter is almost set with a heavily pregnant wife about to deliver. Haba naa. I think he should have just opened up

103 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by Kayberg: 10:42pm On Nov 07, 2023
Sad story.
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by 1Sharon(f): 11:31pm On Nov 07, 2023
Holidaying while heavily pregnant? Yeah right.

That is always a red flag. They will never take you seriously.

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by Mindlog: 5:13am On Nov 08, 2023
He and his wife thought they were smart. He is the one, who is racist.

They were migrating under the disguise of a vacation, holidaying in that cold weather that many are keeping indoors and are the children not supposed to be attending school in Nigeria as 1st term is still on?

Make dem pay hospital bills and prepare to head back to Nigeria.

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by Gerrard59(m): 6:14am On Nov 08, 2023
Birth citizenship gone wrong.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by ednut1(m): 1:04pm On Nov 09, 2023
Gerrard59:
Birth citizenship gone wrong.
the child will get the citizenship but the bills will be close to 100k cad

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by Focusmind: 3:03pm On Nov 09, 2023
Nigerians and their format.......Nothing to blame on the immigration officer doing her job. You lied that You were coming on vacation with a heavily pregnant wife.... the truth is that they were coming to give birth. All these bullshit that there was no good hospital back home to take care of the " high risk " pregnancy na just format. Oyibo woman don decode their intention and my guy still dey yarn.

85 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by SpinachAttits: 3:40pm On Nov 09, 2023
Chai, the life of a woman
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by kingthreat(m): 3:43pm On Nov 09, 2023
As them no gree you japa, you call them racist. Very entitled set of people

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by julybaba(m): 3:44pm On Nov 09, 2023
Is visitor’s visa not different from medical visa ?

A lot of people are traveling away from winter regions during this period, but you decided to move your own family inside ice . 🧊

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by izibili44: 3:44pm On Nov 09, 2023
Brother relax you will not be deported. Our prayer for you is that your child will be okay soon and your wife. Get ready for the bills ooo. Now you really need the money oo

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by Dittodat: 3:46pm On Nov 09, 2023
I smell lies. Nigerians and lies en grin
He knew what he was doing. Getting a visa to any country doesn't guarantee anyone automatic entry.
Only nationals of a country have absolute right.to entry.
Any immigration official can deny you entry for any reason they want.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by Lighthome: 3:46pm On Nov 09, 2023
I do not know why some people chose to become a modern or digital slaves in foreign countries all in the name of Japa. My business is doing very well here in Nigeria. Despites all the challenges, Nigeria is a country you can make it big if you willing.
Enough of all these going abroad, to live in basements, etc.

22 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by Dittodat: 3:47pm On Nov 09, 2023
kingthreat:
As them no gree you japa, you call them racist. Very entitled set of people
Very entitled victim mindset.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by ezechi24(m): 3:47pm On Nov 09, 2023
Nigerians and foolishness now he will be deported and will come back to start from square zero....fool.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by Fatbam005: 3:47pm On Nov 09, 2023
Thank God for the safety of the mother and the child if not japa would have gone wrong and another story would have been on the headlines

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by culcat(m): 3:50pm On Nov 09, 2023
Oga, tell us the truth

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by aydought: 3:52pm On Nov 09, 2023
I feel for you and your family? But are you being sincere here? The immigration officers over there are well experienced and you can’t play on their intelligence. With your wife heavily pregnant and even going into labour at the airport would raise antennae. Wish you luck.

12 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bauchi State: A Land Of Tourism And An Amazing Serene - Photos / FG Introduces Temporary Passports For Nigerians Abroad / Abia Airport: Ground Breaking Ceremony To Hold Next Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.