Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,503 members, 7,816,196 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport (26407 Views)

Man Narrates His Sad Experience Applying For China Visa With Nigerian Passport / Evangelist Chidi Ibenado Narrates His Near-Death Aboard Air Craft In Congo / Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by FinidiGeorge: 5:39pm On Nov 09, 2023
julybaba:
Is visitor’s visa not different from medical visa ?

A lot of people are traveling away from winter regions during this period, but you decided to move your own family inside ice . 🧊

Yes, they always say they will weather it out... It is a do or die affair for them. Maybe they may never get another chance grin
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by OmoFiditi: 5:50pm On Nov 09, 2023
ipobcannibals:
Claims of racism here is like a typical Igbo who claims the whole hates them, while they commit crimes. The average Igbo, will always deflect the bone of contention, by claiming he’s hated because of his tribe. Same like most black people in abroad
Hate don chop this one brain finish. The guy is yoruba like us. Stop yapping.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by Ekpekus(m): 5:53pm On Nov 09, 2023
ednut1:
Why are some Nigerians always wanting to play smart or cut corners. The bill from the hospital will be nothing less than 70k Cad to 100k Cad. shocked
https://www.instagram.com/p/CzUA-Ytuxvi/?igshid=ZTdwdzNqeHpvZTh4

The story get as e be... who flies long distance at 38weeks GA?
Again, saying the baby MUST be delivered abroad or risk losing either baby or mother if delivery is done in Nigeria is fallacious.
Wondering how he got his wife fitness to fly at that gestation when that will further increase the risk of the mother and the baby.
The bills for delivery in Canada, especially surgery and then NICU (for baby, who i believe is now a Canadian by birth) is heavy...
Wishing the family all the best.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by Ekpekus(m): 5:59pm On Nov 09, 2023
ednut1:
The risks some people take ehn.
I dey tell.you... he stated they came for vacation, immigration officer is seeing a 38weeks pregnant woman with him... what do you expect her to think?
Meanwhile, no arrangements for delivery and postnatal care in Canada...
So, while this guy is beaming the light on his ordeal in Toronto, he didn't think it through that there are possibilities of his wife going into labour.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by pek(m): 6:00pm On Nov 09, 2023
Tolani045:
I guess the immigration officer cut caught you liying just admit it.. playing smart cost your deportation lol
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by ednut1(m): 6:06pm On Nov 09, 2023
Israel07:

100k Cad on top wetin? Easy naa
normal delivery is around 30k. Once you enter ICU na 70k to 100k be that
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by ezechi24(m): 6:07pm On Nov 09, 2023
bdon123:

He will pay 100k cad bt hes child na citizen.thats a bug change in status.

I will leave 100 times better than 80% of Nigerians leaving in Canada if I have 50% of that 100k Canadian dollars walahi.....bro that's above 45 million naira I mean 50k

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by juliuscaesar(m): 6:10pm On Nov 09, 2023
I don't know who advised you to put this statement out, but from what I have read, I can tell you are lying.

If the visa came out 2 weeks before the expected delivery date, then it is extremely dangerous to fly. NO AIRLINE, because of the LIABILITY, will allow a woman to fly 2 weeks before she is due. Most airlines will not allow you to fly after 28-30 weeks of pregnancy.

So it is either you lied to the airline or bribed somebody for them to allow her fly. Now, if she has to fly after the stated weeks for medical reasons, then her visa would have to be changed to a medical visa, not tourist.

Unfortunately, if the immigration officer didn't allow you guys in at the port of entry, then legally you have not set foot into the country. So the child will NOT be a Canadian citizen.

Having your wife fly 2 weeks before her EDD is extremely dangerous for her as a pregnant woman, but most especially the unborn child. Both could have lost their lives. Cabin pressure is nothing to joke with.

I hope you learn your lesson.

My final advice for you is to stop putting any statement in a public forum like Nigerians in Canada, etc. Get an immigration lawyer fast before your hearing. Tell the Canadian officials you want to speak to your lawyer. There are many NGOs who have lawyers to help in situations like these. Google them and call. DO NOT USE A LAWYER PROVIDED BY THE CANADIAN OFFICIALS.

I wish you and your family all the best.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by Quebec91(m): 6:27pm On Nov 09, 2023
cheesy
Kenn55:
The lie is obvious so he shouldn't blame the immigration officer or push this racism narrative.
You are going for vacation in November when winter is almost set with a heavily pregnant wife about to deliver. Haba naa. I think he should have just opened up
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by Quebec91(m): 6:29pm On Nov 09, 2023
cheesy
Focusmind:
Nigerians and their format.......Nothing to blame on the immigration officer doing her job. You lied that You were coming on vacation with a heavily pregnant wife.... the truth is that they were coming to give birth. All these bullshit that there was no good hospital back home to take care of the " high risk " pregnancy na just format. Oyibo woman don decode their intention and my guy still dey yarn.
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by Quebec91(m): 6:30pm On Nov 09, 2023
cheesy
culcat:
Oga, tell us the truth
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by 1stGenAmerican(f): 6:34pm On Nov 09, 2023
Taal17:

From what is here he didn't plan the cost of birthing abroad.

I still don't get what the issue is really.
He's afraid of deportation?
Since he came to visit why is he afraid to go back to Nigeria

I don't see what racism has to do with it.
Maybe he should research what rights he supposedly has that prevents border personnel from going through his documents or phone.
You already shared that the reason for your travel was to birth abroad na so the border personnel is right na.

Their passports are with them so go to the hearing.
Better plan payment for the hospital bills or look for charities to help you pay. Jejely collect your baby's Canadian passport.
Deportation is not the end of the world.

Right. If their visit was really just a visit, deportation wouldn’t be a concern of his because they have already been in the country for a visibly period and should be preparing to return to Nigeria. People who think they’re ‘Smart’ and insist on cutting corners always make huge mistakes that a sane mind will quickly pick up on. Instead of doing their research, I’m sure these people were going to settle illegally with visit visas and try using the Canadian born baby as their anchor—wrong move because the medical bills must be paid in full and even after the balances are brought to 0, this scheme will go on their immigration records and prevent them from re-entering the country after they’re sent back to Nigeria.
Western Countries hire and train very sharp immigration employees who accumulate years worth of experience and they see it all—yet these inexperienced travelers really think they’re smarter than the people hand-selected to man the ports of entry.🤨🤨🤨
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by 1stGenAmerican(f): 6:42pm On Nov 09, 2023
ednut1:
the child will get the citizenship but the bills will be close to 100k cad

That’s definitely not a small amount and the meter is still running while the baby is in NICU—then, since the birth was emergency care, it’ll be much higher than a planned birth so that amount can easily double. That money will remain due until paid in full. When the child is old enough to move to Canada and tries to sponsor the parents, they’ll hit a pothole. Even if the astronomical bills have been paid in full, the basis of the hearing and their deceptive nature of the entry for birth will always be on record and these a big chance it’ll earn the parents eternal denials.
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by theamazonguru(m): 6:58pm On Nov 09, 2023
Unclefemolala:
Bloody liar...you're having an anchor baby with your wife..taking advantage of birthright tourism to get your baby Canadian passport.

Why didn't the doctor recommend a Medical Visa to Canada.. there is one and its valid for 6 months...but we both know its a lie.
You people will cheat the system and claim the victim mentality.

An high risk pregnancy that entered a plane to travel thousands of miles because the whole Nigeria has no hospital for you.

Sha pay your debt after which you'll be deported and barred for 5yrs from Canada and US.

Look at the bright side, your Canadian baby can sponsor you for greencard when he/she is 21 yrs
And most likely he will be around 60-65 years that time. That isn't what our guy wants.
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by kunle75(m): 7:38pm On Nov 09, 2023
Kenn55:
The lie is obvious so he shouldn't blame the immigration officer or push this racism narrative.
You are going for vacation in November when winter is almost set with a heavily pregnant wife about to deliver. Haba naa. I think he should have just opened up

You Said the truth, Canada is stressed already and him wan carry him own join
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by phemmyfour: 7:46pm On Nov 09, 2023
Mindlog:
He and his wife thought they were smart. He is the one, who is racist.

They were migrating under the disguise of a vacation, holidaying in that cold weather that many are keeping indoors and are the children not supposed to be attending school in Nigeria as 1st term is still on?

Make dem pay hospital bills and prepare to head back to Nigeria.
So why was the visa approved? The immigration officer have no business stopping them for that filmsy excuse. Vacation can be taken even in winter, there are indoor events going on now. All schools don't use the same calendar
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by yahoodetector: 8:02pm On Nov 09, 2023
I know say e go be yoruba man. UK don decode their scam and they have decided to switch to Canada.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by blackboy(m): 8:07pm On Nov 09, 2023
Those saying ppl are travelling away from cold. Not true. The 3 times I went to Europe with my family for vacation was in winter.
Mr Man is lucky his wife and baby are doing fine. If he has a good immigration lawyer he can turn things to further favour him.
As per the border officer she was not racist from what I decided but doing her job.
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by yahoodetector: 8:07pm On Nov 09, 2023
ipobcannibals:
Claims of racism here is like a typical Igbo who claims the whole hates them, while they commit crimes. The average Igbo, will always deflect the bone of contention, by claiming he’s hated because of his tribe. Same like most black people in abroad

And the person in question who did this is a Yoruba and you choose to drag igbos into it as usual.

Ozuu nwuru anwu!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by prettysassygirl(f): 8:24pm On Nov 09, 2023
ednut1:

It won't reach that amount, probably around 30-40kcad
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by mickyeddi(m): 8:26pm On Nov 09, 2023
Honestly, most Nigerians rely think foreigners are dumb. How do you expect them to grant you entry on the basis of vacation when your wife is heavily pregnant and it's not even summer. You should have used your money to take your wife to a very good private hospital in Nigeria instead of puting her through all the unnecessary stress.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by ednut1(m): 8:37pm On Nov 09, 2023
prettysassygirl:

It won't reach that amount, probably around 30-40kcad
thats for normal birth. This one don enter complications (NCIU). As much as 9k a day

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by luminouz(m): 8:43pm On Nov 09, 2023
Kenn55:
Opened up to what?

Are you okay at all? He should confess he is guilty?

Iffa wooze you ehn
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by luminouz(m): 8:44pm On Nov 09, 2023
1Sharon:
Holidaying while heavily pregnant? Yeah right.

That is always a red flag. They will never take you seriously.
How is that your business ehn? Aproko bighead!!!

Na only you wan dey abroad abi? Selfish girl
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by Luckysbab: 9:51pm On Nov 09, 2023
ednut1:

Why?
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by davidadenrele: 9:52pm On Nov 09, 2023
I read this story and i can deduce some fact, and mistake by the OP

Based on my little experience as frequent traveler as a Nigerian information is paramount before you leave the shores of this country, first we must realize we have a battered image as Nigerians secondly this OP made a huge mistake you are traveling to Canada as a tourist and you are going with a heavily pregnant woman and kids what is he thinking? those he think immigration officers in Canada are fools immigration officers in Canada and US are well trained and are using the psychological means to scrutinized and any individual especially Africans coming into Canada. immediately they sight you they obviously know you have no intentions of going back........to your country habah!! he wont be the first immigrant to pass through that same Airport they have dealt with different kinds of cases dealing with immigrants on daily basis although i pity the heavily pregnant wife that had to go stress and painful labor to give birth on emergency all the name of interrogating the husband on their true intention of coming to Canada.

Before you traveled to Canada as a Nigerians its imperative to ask questions from friends who are currently residing in Canada some Airports are not advisable to pass through as a first timer comig to Canada OR US, just as its not advisable for a first timer to pass through Heathrow Airport, as a first timer traveling to UK reasons? immediately they sight you as a black person they set you aside and interrogate you like hell, your mission, your purpose, how many days do you intend to spend and so on.

Presently Canada is dealing with a lot immigration issues their plans to bring documented migrants with skills and professional expertise has been truncated by many migrants coming into Canada illegally using visitors visa and other illegal issued visas to claimed asylum despite various path ways to help assist and support legal migrants willing to come to Canada to earn a living ,get a work permit and so on most of our so called traveling agents has mislead Nigerians into using visitors visas to travel to Canada giving them false hopes and on unrealistic assurance of getting a job seeking for asylum and turning their visitors visas into work permit via flag pooling.

Am so sorry for any Nigerians who wants to travel to any foreign country right now without doing a proper research may have themselves to blame especially knowing which Airport to pass through and the Airport no to pass through don't be fooled most of this so called traveling agent lied to Nigerians just to swindle them of their hand earned money its very obvious the OP has ulterior motive which is if the wife could give birth in Canada that will assure them of permanent resident that willbe guarantee citizenship we are Nigerians so we know how we do our runs. unfortunately things have changed all over the world inflation is all over the world most countries can't afford to take in illegal immigrants Germany plans to deport 14,000.00 Fourteen Thousand Nigerians asylum seekers, illegal migrants and those with illegal traveling document in Germany.

Before you Japa please enure you have all the necessary information about the host country you are going to avoid been deported.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by ednut1(m): 10:15pm On Nov 09, 2023
Luckysbab:

Why?
the child is in intensive unit which is billed daily. The parents are also no residents and dont have Canada health insurance. This is an hospital in Quebec a cheaper province than ontario. Almost 9k a day that’s asides birth cost o

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by litaninja(m): 10:35pm On Nov 09, 2023
A visa is not a guarantee of entry.
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by ukaface(f): 10:52pm On Nov 09, 2023
Focusmind:
Nigerians and their format.......Nothing to blame on the immigration officer doing her job. You lied that You were coming on vacation with a heavily pregnant wife.... the truth is that they were coming to give birth. All these bullshit that there was no good hospital back home to take care of the " high risk " pregnancy na just format. Oyibo woman don decode their intention and my guy still dey yarn.
Hiaaaaa
Una sef
He said he applied for vacation visa when his wife was in her early pregnancy, and visa delayed up to 5 months leading to his wife being heavily pregnant as at the time of the travel, and he had to state what he applied for as written in the application.

Am I the one not getting what he explained or na Una no sabi read to add 1 and 1 together

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bauchi State: A Land Of Tourism And An Amazing Serene - Photos / Abia Airport: Ground Breaking Ceremony To Hold Next Month / Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.