Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,014 members, 7,828,573 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport (26433 Views)

Man Narrates His Sad Experience Applying For China Visa With Nigerian Passport / Evangelist Chidi Ibenado Narrates His Near-Death Aboard Air Craft In Congo / Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by ukaface(f): 10:53pm On Nov 09, 2023
yahoodetector:
I know say e go be yoruba man. UK don decode their scam and they have decided to switch to Canada.
Can you have sense for once?
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by ghettochild(m): 11:37pm On Nov 09, 2023
Kenn55:
The lie is obvious so he shouldn't blame the immigration officer or push this racism narrative.
You are going for vacation in November when winter is almost set with a heavily pregnant wife about to deliver. Haba naa. I think he should have just opened up
Do u know the issues that comes with visa delay?
My friend lost a whole 7million to UK education just because their visa didn't come out in time...
Sometimes make Una dey dey sensitive
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by DavidEsq(m): 11:49pm On Nov 09, 2023
Focusmind:
Nigerians and their format.......Nothing to blame on the immigration officer doing her job. You lied that You were coming on vacation with a heavily pregnant wife.... the truth is that they were coming to give birth. All these bullshit that there was no good hospital back home to take care of the " high risk " pregnancy na just format. Oyibo woman don decode their intention and my guy still dey yarn.
Wow! So na so we don ne now. Imagine I was believing his story and feeling sympathetic. I really need to update myself on this japa issues๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by DavidEsq(m): 11:50pm On Nov 09, 2023
izibili44:
Brother relax you will not be deported. Our prayer for you is that your child will be okay soon and your wife. Get ready for the bills ooo. Now you really need the money oo
How una take know this bills thing sef?
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by SirLakes: 12:21am On Nov 10, 2023
Nigerians are lies

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by lapazi(m): 12:47am On Nov 10, 2023
No one single comment on the first page of this post offered any form of advise. Sad.

I pray you get the help you need
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by Desusi: 1:44am On Nov 10, 2023
julybaba:
Is visitorโ€™s visa not different from medical visa ?

A lot of people are traveling away from winter regions during this period, but you decided to move your own family inside ice . ๐ŸงŠ

My brother! That's Nigeria way of doing things. If a Nigerian man told you 'l dey come o' Don't ever wait for him.He may never come back,he has gone already for good.
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by Luckysbab: 2:35am On Nov 10, 2023
ednut1:
the child is in intensive unit which is billed daily. The parents are also no residents and dont have Canada health insurance. This is an hospital in Quebec a cheaper province than ontario. Almost 9k a day thatโ€™s asides birth cost o

I understand. Thank you for the explanation.
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by bdon123(m): 3:04am On Nov 10, 2023
ezechi24:

I will leave 100 times better than 80% of Nigerians leaving in Canada if I have 50% of that 100k Canadian dollars walahi.....bro that's above 45 million naira I mean 50k
U are ignorant.Our passport don cast.90mil is a gud price to purchase American or canadian passport. People want a govt that will be there for their kids if they no more...i mean a govt that will giv u student loan if u wanna schl ,do all it can to protect u.i dont know why u forget u can hav that 90mil in naija in die d nxt minute due to police man ak ,or bad roads,or bad healthcare wtc
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by Mindlog: 3:29am On Nov 10, 2023
phemmyfour:
So why was the visa approved? The immigration officer have no business stopping them for that filmsy excuse. Vacation can be taken even in winter, there are indoor events going on now. All schools don't use the same calendar

That one, was granted visa does not guaranteed one would be granted entry upon arrival....read up!

Applying for Canadian tourist visa when wifey is about 6 months pregnant, cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

They travelled to Canada to experience indoor ice skating as part of their tourist attraction? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by Zane2point4(m): 5:02am On Nov 10, 2023
Toroto airport wey naija men deh pass steady e reach ur turn u carry pregant woman show for winter!

Some ppl no deh reason, when u now code say ur format don cast u for claim assylum na๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by ezechi24(m): 6:15am On Nov 10, 2023
bdon123:

U are ignorant.Our passport don cast.90mil is a gud price to purchase American or canadian passport. People want a govt that will be there for their kids if they no more...i mean a govt that will giv u student loan if u wanna schl ,do all it can to protect u.i dont know why u forget u can hav that 90mil in naija in die d nxt minute due to police man ak ,or bad roads,or bad healthcare wtc

You are even more ignorant, are the black Americans not also citizens of America?.... Yes I know Nigeria is an hellish place to leave in, but passing through such abnormalities just to leave abroad is a no no for me.

Besides I don't see whats abroad that I will kill myself to go leave there, you'd die if loneliness even when you have your wife and kids with u, the reason there's a high rate of suicide, konji go kill you if you are single, you'd work your life out with little to show for it cause you'd be taxed even in your death.

Give me half of that money I'd be far better than 85% of Nigerians leaving abroad ....wait make Russia and China release their currency everybody eyes go clear

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by BALLOSKI: 7:15am On Nov 10, 2023
Taal17:

From what is here he didn't plan the cost of birthing abroad.

I still don't get what the issue is really.
He's afraid of deportation?
Since he came to visit why is he afraid to go back to Nigeria

I don't see what racism has to do with it.
Maybe he should research what rights he supposedly has that prevents border personnel from going through his documents or phone.
You already shared that the reason for your travel was to birth abroad na so the border personnel is right na.

Their passports are with them so go to the hearing.
Better plan payment for the hospital bills or look for charities to help you pay. Jejely collect your baby's Canadian passport.
Deportation is not the end of the world.
My question, too.
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by BALLOSKI: 7:17am On Nov 10, 2023
ezechi24:

You are even more ignorant, are the black Americans not also citizens of America?.... Yes I know Nigeria is an hellish place to leave in, but passing through such abnormalities just to leave abroad is a no no for me.

Besides I don't see whats abroad that I will kill myself to go leave there, you'd die if loneliness even when you have your wife and kids with u, the reason there's a high rate of suicide, konji go kill you if you are single, you'd work your life out with little to show for it cause you'd be taxed even in your death.

Give me half of that money I'd be far better than 85% of Nigerians leaving abroad ....wait make Russia and China release their currency everybody eyes go clear
Living abroad has never been my priority. I've never doubted i'm making it here. Even if i'm going, i'd go with my head held high.
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by phemmyfour: 8:43am On Nov 10, 2023
Mindlog:

That one, was granted visa does not guaranteed one would be granted entry upon arrival....read up!

Applying for Canadian tourist visa when wifey is about 6 months pregnant, cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

They travelled to Canada to experience indoor ice skating as part of their tourist attraction? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
You have comprehension issue. I made it very clear that the reason for denial isn't tenable
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by Mindlog: 9:46am On Nov 10, 2023
phemmyfour:
You have comprehension issue. I made it very clear that the reason for denial isn't tenable

Rather, you are the one who struggles with comprehension.
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by izibili44: 10:34am On Nov 10, 2023
DavidEsq:

How una take know this bills thing sef?
The cost of going to give birth in USA and Canada is there. Now he his claiming he was there on tourism. To the immigration seeing the wife she knows they are their to stay. So it's not vacation. One thing is that they hate lies. Right now he dose not need to change is story. The truth is that Canada need people. That child will be given a citizen ship. But he has to pay the money for medical. Prove to them that you are not there for a job or to stay. When I travel to Europe with my player for trials. We face similar thing because of our passports. The visa we came in with was a tourist visa, mean while we were coming for a football trials. I only show them my hotel booking fully paid. But one of my player show them the invitation letter from the club.That is were the problem started. Entering the country it was God. I learnt a great lesson
from there always go with the right documents.
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by phemmyfour: 4:05pm On Nov 10, 2023
Mindlog:

Rather, you are the one who struggles with comprehension.
The immigration officer have no business stopping them for that filmsy excuse.

Argue with your keyboard or get glasses
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by henrimoto(m): 4:37pm On Nov 10, 2023
izibili44:
Brother relax you will not be deported. Our prayer for you is that your child will be okay soon and your wife. Get ready for the bills ooo. Now you really need the money oo
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by TheWinterBird(f): 5:39pm On Nov 10, 2023
He should be honest. Immigration Officers are not fools.
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by MeineMutter: 12:32am On Nov 11, 2023
Sebi the visa is more than 5 years - multiple entry? Why the rush?

The man should have waited for the wife to give birth in Nigeria and then travel later for the visit, except if they are trying to get in to give birth to a Canadian citizen.
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by Love800(m): 2:04am On Nov 11, 2023
I thought if one is issued visa, his entry is sure. Am confused abt dis.
litaninja:
A visa is not a guarantee of entry.
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by bdon123(m): 2:50am On Nov 11, 2023
ezechi24:

Look all m saying is u need another passport.I hav been to over 25 countries n still live in Nigeria.My Nigerian passport hav robbed me countless times of good tins n made tins difficult for me.If u hav d money secure a better future for ur child i.e another passport.My own child doesnt hav one yet bt probably my next will.having 100mil in naija doesnt guarantee ur child a better life bt having a good country passport has already given ur child more than 50% good life advantage.Most of this rich politicians gav bought citizenship for their kids abroad...they are not stupid.a very stupid police man end u on d way in naija if not kidnapper n nothing will happen.
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by litaninja(m): 3:56pm On Nov 12, 2023
No. The visa allows you get from your port of exit and to the port of entry. However, at that point it is still up to the immigration officials there to grant you entry, which they can grant or deny based on any number of factors.

Love800:
I thought if one is issued visa, his entry is sure. Am confused abt dis.
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport by gforce5: 10:39am On Nov 14, 2023
This man thinks that we are all gullible. You went to Canada on a visiting visa with a heavily pregnant wife and you assumed that the Immigration officials won't see that as a red flag?? You are afraid of being deported on a VISITING VISA?? He didn't access/plan what it cost to have a child in Canada. You think the Immigration officials don't know that format? This is how they abuse the health sector in many western countries thereby resulting to stricter immigration requirements for other Nigerians.

I remember as a student in England in the mid 2000s when Labour were in power, so many Nigerians had abused the NHS under the guise of "medical tourism". A lot of them will give birth in the UK and would not pay their bills thereby costing the NHS thousands of pounds. Our people were so brazen that they travelled all the way to Belfast to give birth once they realized that automatic citizenship by birth don cast in the UK and having a child in Northern Ireland would entitle them to Irish citizenship before they stopped it. These lots would do the same in Belfast and run away without paying their bills!!

My fellow Nigerians, I am begging you, when you decide to have your child abroad, always be prepared. Don't just come, have your child and abstain from paying your bills. It makes it more difficult for other Nigerians who can genuinely afford it. This is the reason why Trump wants to stop birth tourism in the States. Think about others.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See The Rot At The Lagos, Ebute-Metta Railway Station - Photos / Taxify Introduces Comfort Ride In Abuja / Wike Completes The Dualization Of Mummy-b & GRA Link Road: Pictures & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.