Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,006 members, 7,835,411 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

"Why I Still Live With My Mum At 34" – Anthony Joshua - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "Why I Still Live With My Mum At 34" – Anthony Joshua (41822 Views)

BREAKING: Former Super Eagles Striker Dies At 34 / Ronaldo vs Messi career trophies: 31 with Portugal + 4 clubs vs 34 with Barca / Jarrell Millner: "After I Beat Anthony Joshua, I Will Take My Mum Out" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Why I Still Live With My Mum At 34" – Anthony Joshua by DaChosenOne: 4:52pm On Nov 08, 2023
Oh please. Family is important to him but he hasn't married the mother of his child. Skepta is another one. Nigerian men with out of wedlock half-caste kids.

1 Like

Re: "Why I Still Live With My Mum At 34" – Anthony Joshua by GindoX(m): 4:55pm On Nov 08, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Ogidi Omoluabi. Omo re biyan!

He is right about us not leaving our parents to stay on their own when we can stay together.

I have seen Indians and Arabs copy this from us too. Check my signature for free stuffs!

I no dey like free stuff

1 Like

Re: "Why I Still Live With My Mum At 34" – Anthony Joshua by sammyonal: 5:14pm On Nov 08, 2023
Hollyharjii:
Imagine a well to do someone still living with his mum, and Nigerians who just graduate will want to leave his/her parent's house
Its choice bro, that's why in abroad u do whatever u wanna do nobody cares nobody gives a damn it's Ur life, but for naija u for don hear word taya.
Re: "Why I Still Live With My Mum At 34" – Anthony Joshua by Dybala11(m): 5:25pm On Nov 08, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
i thought he is married with a son or daughter
He's a father yes, but he's not married o. Na baby mama things. Hope you remember how the news of a possible relationship between A.J and DJ Cuppy was trending then?

1 Like

Re: "Why I Still Live With My Mum At 34" – Anthony Joshua by SAMBARRY: 5:37pm On Nov 08, 2023
lavylilly:
grin
No wonder you ain't got a woman.

Women are territorial in nature know this and have peace ✌️.
his reasons are valid.he said if he moves out of his parents house who will take care of his parents.

Yes I find it nauseating for a grown man to still be living with his Mom at that age.its ok if it's a woman but a man,it's disturbing.However ladies are not to be trusted.i can't even trust any househelp to take care of my mom so I don't blame him o.hes another Burna boy who his Mom has invested in so there'll be an unconcious attachment.its him that will make conscious effort to detach based on the character of the wife.if she's dominating, overbearing and jealous,it will make the attachment to his parents worse because she will be seen as an intruder but if she's respectful, humble and allows him and his Mom,Na the guy himself go detach.infact it's his mother that will be telling him you need to move close to your wife and leave me alone, you're a man now.

However if the woman comes with gra gra moves Omo it will be so easy to eject her.i am saying this based on listening to a lot of men who are family oriented and really I understand why they're like that.a family who has invested their finances, emotional support, time, efforts etc to make him the man he is, it'll be a challenge.

Last year I went to a particular University to check for a child there and I saw a mother carrying boxes for her son, running around doing photocopy for the boy, Laying his bed,I even heard she brings food for him and his roommates whenever she comes.when the boy becomes another Anthony you think it'll be that easy to detach from his Mom

Same thing applies with women too though and again this is a guy who knows how Naija women operates,how desperate they are when they see successful men and who are ready to destroy anybody and anything including family to have access to Anthony.hes not oblivious of how treacherous Naija women Can be

2 Likes

Re: "Why I Still Live With My Mum At 34" – Anthony Joshua by Scamperlee(m): 5:38pm On Nov 08, 2023
WAGBAYI in Kizz Daniel's voice
Re: "Why I Still Live With My Mum At 34" – Anthony Joshua by Babalola0920: 5:41pm On Nov 08, 2023
Most educated ladies wouldn't like this.
Re: "Why I Still Live With My Mum At 34" – Anthony Joshua by SAMBARRY: 5:44pm On Nov 08, 2023
Babalola0920:
Most educated ladies wouldn't like this.
how?

An educated lady Will not like the fact that a son priotizes his family? I don't get you? Care to explain?
Re: "Why I Still Live With My Mum At 34" – Anthony Joshua by Yomit71(m): 5:44pm On Nov 08, 2023
Angelfrost:
Well, his life, his choice!

He should do and transition to movies like The Rock, John Cena, and Dave Batista... Maybe, he will have better luck than in Boxing. tongue

He already has the looks... All he needs is a few acting classes.
Lols, so you mean he's not successful in boxing
Re: "Why I Still Live With My Mum At 34" – Anthony Joshua by Hollyharjii: 5:44pm On Nov 08, 2023
You're right, African mentality
sammyonal:
Its choice bro, that's why in abroad u do whatever u wanna do nobody cares nobody gives a damn it's Ur life, but for naija u for don hear word taya.
Re: "Why I Still Live With My Mum At 34" – Anthony Joshua by Rukevwe999(m): 5:44pm On Nov 08, 2023
Or his mum lives with him...

As far as family must be a top priority, you must break away from your mother to reach certain heights as a man or you become an Oedipal child.
Mother's love is very comforting but at the same time can be consuming. Women are territorial and any lady who marries a man who is too tethered to his would have to clash with his mom one day. The man would find it hard to exercise his full power as a man because he would be conflicted between his wife and his mother.
Re: "Why I Still Live With My Mum At 34" – Anthony Joshua by Yomit71(m): 5:45pm On Nov 08, 2023
Angelfrost:

He should do and transition to movies like The Rock, John Cena, and Dave Batista... Maybe, he will have better luck than in Boxing. tongue

someone who can feed your three generations without sweat tongue
Re: "Why I Still Live With My Mum At 34" – Anthony Joshua by Hollyharjii: 5:46pm On Nov 08, 2023
This is not about bullying
Deogratiasfx:

That is his own opinion and should not be used as a standard to bully anyone. It is not easy marrying a lady and the family would be cohabiting like that.
Re: "Why I Still Live With My Mum At 34" – Anthony Joshua by Babalola0920: 5:50pm On Nov 08, 2023
SAMBARRY:
how?

An educated lady Will not like the fact that a son priotizes his family? I don't get you? Care to explain?

To be honest.
You see most ladies who think has little opportunities to speak and flow with trend always have a precedent settings they required and mostly wanted a MAN they can dominate which is easy because women are mostly seen as victims but in a situation another woman whom the man cherish so much there.

That's nothing but threat to most of there agenda.

1 Like

Re: "Why I Still Live With My Mum At 34" – Anthony Joshua by OGHENAOGIE(m): 5:51pm On Nov 08, 2023
lavylilly:
grin
No wonder you ain't got a woman.

Women are territorial in nature know this and have peace ✌️.
the future wife ll have to know he doesn't joke with family and I love his stance to life family is everything...

1 Like

Re: "Why I Still Live With My Mum At 34" – Anthony Joshua by olatade(m): 6:02pm On Nov 08, 2023
tiswell:
and keep ya dad where?

Nonsense quote from children raised by single mom

Mehn, you're one bitter soul
Re: "Why I Still Live With My Mum At 34" – Anthony Joshua by finallybusy: 6:17pm On Nov 08, 2023
If the last picture is recent, he is beginning to look like a boxer. Nothing concern me with his life choice. That is on him. At least upgrade your parents from a council flat. You have money for a reason.
Re: "Why I Still Live With My Mum At 34" – Anthony Joshua by BreconHills(m): 6:17pm On Nov 08, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Ogidi Omoluabi. Omo re biyan!

He is right about us not leaving our parents to stay on their own when we can stay together.

I have seen Indians and Arabs copy this from us too. Check my signature for free stuffs!

Not sure they copied this from us but your point re honour and care for parents is 100% accurate. Whether this survives the japa culture is another thing altogether.
Re: "Why I Still Live With My Mum At 34" – Anthony Joshua by nairalee(m): 6:38pm On Nov 08, 2023
Angelfrost:

All those u mentioned are wrestlers not boxers. Wrestling itself is already acting so they just changed offices

1 Like

Re: "Why I Still Live With My Mum At 34" – Anthony Joshua by Angelfrost(m): 6:40pm On Nov 08, 2023
nairalee:

All those u mentioned are wrestlers not boxers. Wrestling itself is already acting so they just changed offices

You have a great point... That's why I mentioned acting classes.
Re: "Why I Still Live With My Mum At 34" – Anthony Joshua by Enemyofpeace: 6:41pm On Nov 08, 2023
Yinmu! A fool at 30s
Re: "Why I Still Live With My Mum At 34" – Anthony Joshua by Angelfrost(m): 6:42pm On Nov 08, 2023
Yomit71:

someone who can feed your three generations without sweat tongue

Agreed chief... Still, my point stands.

If elite boxing is no longer for him, he should seriously consider Hollywood. tongue

No need wasting those good looks.
Re: "Why I Still Live With My Mum At 34" – Anthony Joshua by BRATISLAVA: 6:44pm On Nov 08, 2023
Originalsly:

Isn't Davido American?... guess he should never be saying anything about African culture. What are his insecurities that need support? You seem to know more about him than he knows about himself.

A person who doesn't live in a culture shouldn't use it as a crutch when it suits the ridiculous thing they want to do.
Re: "Why I Still Live With My Mum At 34" – Anthony Joshua by UncleKoboko: 6:51pm On Nov 08, 2023
jubrilELsudan:
E DEY OBVIOUS SEY THE BROKE WEY USYK BROKE JOSHUA HEAD DON AFFECT HIM BRAIN
Ọdẹ
Re: "Why I Still Live With My Mum At 34" – Anthony Joshua by Okoroawusa: 6:55pm On Nov 08, 2023
Na lie... AJ get another residence
Re: "Why I Still Live With My Mum At 34" – Anthony Joshua by masqot(m): 6:55pm On Nov 08, 2023
Live/love your life. Waa gbayi 👌

1 Like

Re: "Why I Still Live With My Mum At 34" – Anthony Joshua by adexbols: 7:01pm On Nov 08, 2023
Lukepeter:
Even Jesus still dey him papa house.

Na why em no marry na

1 Like

Re: "Why I Still Live With My Mum At 34" – Anthony Joshua by tishbite42: 7:13pm On Nov 08, 2023
MS247:
cool

If you love me you must love my family

My mum raised me for some decades

Anthony Joshua's mother was a cleaner, and undocumented immigrant for several years

Pakistani, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Indian would travel to UK and move in with their family, they work and hustle together, they bring in new family together paying for ticket together

Some Nigerians would make it abroad and shout, I belong to nobody I belong to everybody, cutting people off

Compare the life of Achraf hAkimi and Emanuel Eboue

No be Abibatu Mogaji born the idiot wey u post
Re: "Why I Still Live With My Mum At 34" – Anthony Joshua by BRATISLAVA: 7:19pm On Nov 08, 2023
Originalsly:

The UK has culture? ... he is talking about African culture period... the culture of not abandoning your parents. Is this not the reason "Senior Citizens Homes" are are veryyyy rare in the whole of Africa?

Who are the homeless old people we were shown on this here forum being fed by Mr. T Joshua? Aren't they part of your mythical African culture? Why are they committing suicide all over the forum headlines?

There is no African culture. There's just subjugation. These are people who believe in everything except the parts that put them on top of another human being.

This culture thing is a crutch for African men with outlandish behaviors. Same culture they deny when it's time to pay bride prices, because it doesn't favor them. Same culture they deny to provide for their families because it will mean they have to work hard, and it isn't favorable to them. Same culture they want because it will ensure their family sits on top of any woman unfortunate to be with them. Same culture they want for polygamy because that's their favorite fantasy.

African culture, the crutch of selfish, callow men.
Re: "Why I Still Live With My Mum At 34" – Anthony Joshua by OLOKOESHIN: 7:21pm On Nov 08, 2023
poshestmina:
The future wife will eventually move in with the mom.

I get sister wet fit link up
Lord I need better connection to this guy
Re: "Why I Still Live With My Mum At 34" – Anthony Joshua by bluefilm: 7:29pm On Nov 08, 2023
Well said.
Re: "Why I Still Live With My Mum At 34" – Anthony Joshua by lavylilly: 7:48pm On Nov 08, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
the future wife ll have to know he doesn't joke with family and I love his stance to life family is everything...
undecided, you think she would b comfortable. Watch the Female 🦁 properly once she gives birth to a female lionesses, in less than 2yrs 6 months, she moves out of the pack, same with bear, dogs, dolphin etc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kanu Nwankwo Arrives Indonesia With Other EPL Legends (Photos) / Ahmed Musa's Move To Saudi Arabia Confirmed / Kanu Nwankwo And Mr Ibu In Nnewi As FC Ifeanyiuba Partners West Ham UTD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.