Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,032 members, 7,814,521 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class (22715 Views)

Ayo Ojediran, OAU Lecturer, Slumps, Dies In His Office / Victoria Oluwaremilekun Adeniyi Is Dead! OAU Lecturer Slumps & Dies / Nicholas Igbokwe: OAU Lecturer Dies In His Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Westerhoffe(m): 3:02pm On Nov 09, 2023
GambaOsaka:

What are you saying?
It’s her phone , she has the right to do anything she likes with it.
The man can send her out of the class instead.
He should be jailed and made an example to others.
These lecturers that form Jackie Chan in naija, when they travel abroad for conferences and seminars, they are humble.

What you should have thought on were:
What was she doing with the phone that resulted to causing such a scene?
Was she the only one the lecturer asked to switch her phone off?
Why was she the only one the lecturer asked to?
Was she the only one with a phone in the lecture room?
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Cruzmaster: 3:15pm On Nov 09, 2023
Blitzking:
She deserves what she got..oau is for learning and culture...guess she attended one ajebo secondary school.

You think the school management go free the lecturer? Assaulting a student is a crime in OAU. The student union will take the matter up and make sure that the victim get justice.
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by ILoveFaith: 3:15pm On Nov 09, 2023
tonymyke4life:

At least construct your grammar properly if u want to support her. Thanks

I don’t give a fuvk about what you think is fine grammar. It’s obvious you’re dumb and dull. Tell that sh.it to the Chinese or shove it down your a.sshole mo.ron.
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by LINSAR: 3:19pm On Nov 09, 2023
Blitzking:
She deserves what she got..oau is for learning and culture...guess she attended one ajebo secondary school.

Wrong narrative.

The student is a "He". He entered the wrong class and went out immediately he discovered.
The lecturer thought he came to mark attendance for another student of that class who wasn't present.

He was called back and charged at. The lecturer normally resented guys with dreadlocks so it further compounded the student's woes.
The lecturer sent for a security and the student tried to make a phone call.
It was what made the lecturer to tell the student to switch off his phone but he refused and was assaulted.
Now the department is threatening the students for recording their lecturer while assaulting a student.

Source: That is my friend's class(elect elect part 4). And I'm a member of SUG.

officialwdhtv stop peddling false narratives. Na the School management send you to do damage control abi?

1 Like

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Blackdeewhy(m): 3:22pm On Nov 09, 2023
No matter what the lady might have done, it's WRONG for the lecturer to go physical on her.

There are more than a million ways he would have handled this rude lady PROFESSIONALLY.

1 Like

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Faithy04: 3:31pm On Nov 09, 2023
He should have not lose his patience.
See him now all over social media
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by epainos: 3:33pm On Nov 09, 2023
ojuolu:

If you think critically, you will retract what you posted.
1: OAU is for learning and culture
2. The student have no right to distract the lecturer class with her phone.
3. The lecturer is the service provider and represents the school authorities at that instance so he is correct to assume the Alpha and omega of the class...he is leading a learning process.
4. It won't make sense if because of a single individual, the lecturer walked out of the class
5. Culture is culture. When an elder instruct, if it looks rational, you are suppose to obey first, most especially in a learning environment.
6. Fortunately, there is a video of what transpired. The man did not use enough brute force to warrant him being found guilty of assault. If the lady believe otherwise, let her press charges....
This generation has lost it all...no sense of reasoning, no moral, no ethics....were plenty among Una.

People...just read the bolded part. Just imagine how Nigerian ma.d men are justifying laying hands on adult. Werey plenty this nation ooo. They said their culture is to beat an adult in the uni. Werey plenty ooo. grin
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by epainos: 3:37pm On Nov 09, 2023
Bornboy4:
You are part of a generation that needs salvation. Your morals are deformed. Your likes need psychological evaluation to determine whether you can live with normal people.
And your generation that beats adults and wives...if you are right...we should see a better Nigeria na. With all your bullying...Nigeria is still a bad nation...and you think it should continue. Mehn. Werey plenty this nation.

See...the prayer is that our economy should get better....you go chop slaps...big time. You go collect. You will respect yourself by the time 2 slaps land on your face. Mark my words. Werey plenty this nation ooo. See how they are justifying laying hands on an adult.

You that your generation is very ok...is it really ok? The generation that destroyed Nigeria. You no well ooo. Which moral your useless generation impacted. They impacted how to steal public fund. How to fight for subsidy and do nothing to make the nation profressive. Is that something to be proud of. See. You will chop slaps if you try this again. I pray the economy gets better.
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by epainos: 3:39pm On Nov 09, 2023
lawrenzooo:

Well we are not abroad, we are in Nigeria. Unfortunately not everyone wants to travel abroad.

And unfortunately the lecturer would also not be going to jail because we are not abroad.

It's stupidity on your part to want to apply Abroad rules in Nigeria.
It is in this Nigeria you will chop slaps. grin You that refuse to grow...these kids will treat your messed up. See...lay your filthy hands on adult ooo. Just do it. When you chop am finish..you will enter jail on top. grin
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by epainos: 3:41pm On Nov 09, 2023
aremubabs:

What nonsense are you jabbering?

Don't politicians embezzle money all over the world?

This one go die of poverty...mark my words. grin see as he is talking rubbish...this werey is justifying laying hands on an adult. You people will be treated right. Dont worry. The slaps you will get is in the cooler.
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by epainos: 3:42pm On Nov 09, 2023
Femston:

You wrote long rubbish and still makes no sense.
Like i told others....it will make sense soon to your coconut head. The economy is all that edds to get better. And the slaps you will get when you lay hands on adults will clear your eyes. Se you want to continue beating adults ni. grin
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Blitzking: 3:44pm On Nov 09, 2023
Cruzmaster:

You think the school management go free the lecturer? Assaulting a student is a crime in OAU. The student union will take the matter up and make sure that the victim get justice.
seems you don't know OAU...I pity the student e go do am like film trick...when dem discuss him matter for quarters.
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Pharaohny: 3:45pm On Nov 09, 2023
TotoIsGud4boy:

That glorified secondary school lol… you sound very dumb

your FATHER is dumb
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by epainos: 3:53pm On Nov 09, 2023
badoh:

Oga, the moral decadence in Abroad is alarming. All in an attempt to guarantee child right, they spoil their children and you find it difficult to castigate them when they go wayward. You see kids disturbing the class, kids smoking and committing atrocities and you dare not challenge them. The one that pain me most in their law is you can't challenge or confront shop lifters( a stranger coming in to your supermarket to steal), imagine the audacity, can such happen in Nigeria without the thief getting the beating of his life. See, Naija is still far better compared to most of these advanced nations when it comes to Moral decadence.

So, in naija kids arent smoking or using drugs. The number of kids smoking weed and doing drugs is so high in Naija. Or dem use chewing gum block your eyes? So, kids arent spoilt in naija? On top...kids in naija are yahoo yahhoo...and ritualists that arent existing abroad.

See..if your method works, we should have a good Nigeria na. They beat and beat and beat kids...yet the kids turned out bad. Una no dey think at all ni? Or dem pack the brains of these people saying this rubbish inside bread and someone don use am feed his gut flora? Cos I dont get it. With all the discipline, kids are worse here. Everything you mentioned... majority of the kids in naija are guilty of it. So, what is it that you dont see? Are you people ok at all?

Which country says you cannot confront shop lifters? We all went to school na. Or the dem say you hear and you just picked? See..na illiteracy dey worry you ooo. Cos if you are literate, you will know that there are cameras everywhere there. When you have evidence, and you know that the police (elders oooo..not the ma.d elders here that will take bribes and change the story grin) there will do justice, why would you take laws into your hands? For what na? Just phone police and show them the camera...they will get the person...and even insurance will pay you back.. or get compensated somehow. So, must you confront such thief and get shot? For what na? See how this one is justying jungle justice. Seriously...werey plenty in Nigeria. Una no well at all. Ha ba!

You are messed up in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by epainos: 3:59pm On Nov 09, 2023
[quote author=29Ade07 post=126873402]Well we are in the last days. I want to ask, has she come to learn or recieve calls.? Simple commonsense tells us that this will not only distract her from the purpose of the class but others as well.
Suppose she is to undergo a life-saving surgery for 10 hours? Will she be carrying her phone around? Why can' t she be disciplined for just 1 or 2 hours? [/b]
So, you want to discipline an adult by laying hands on her. Lol. Werey plenty seriously in Nigeria. grin

So, you cant think of another way to discipline her other than laying hands on her? Walahi...you no well. And the economy if Naija will get better ooo. See..you will chop dirty slaps...soon. you go dey collect. As in...lay hands on an adult cos she uses her phone in the class? Christ! Werey plenty in Nigeria. Walahi. grin

If she ends up as CEO of major bank, will she be answering calls during major boardroom meeting.
In the western world, you don't take phone to work no matter how lowly placed your work is. Also student in higher institution as far as I know don't disturb the class with phone calls. If the call is so urgent, put your om silence and quietly exit the class when you need to answer the call.
Did i justify her action? Yes, she should be punished...but not laying hands on her. Didnt you read the part in my previous post where i wrote she should be punished? What happens to mark reduction for using phone during test or exam? What happens to sending her name to the authority so she can face the diciplinary committee...and maybe they will suspend her...or remove marks from her score? What happens to that? But werey people are justifying laying hands on her. I swear..if i was the girl..i would slap that man back. He has no right to lay hands on her. He is not his father...he has no right.

1 Like

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by epainos: 4:00pm On Nov 09, 2023
29Ade07:
Well we are in the last days. I want to ask, has she come to learn or recieve calls.? Simple commonsense tells us that this will not only distract her from the purpose of the class but others as well.
Suppose she is to undergo a life-saving surgery for 10 hours? Will she be carrying her phone around? Why can' t she be disciplined for just 1 or 2 hours?
So, you want to discipline an adult by laying hands on her. Lol. Werey plenty seriously in Nigeria. grin

So, you cant think of another way to discipline her other than laying hands on her? Walahi...you no well. And the economy if Naija will get better ooo. See..you will chop dirty slaps...soon. you go dey collect. As in...lay hands on an adult cos she uses her phone in the class? Christ! Werey plenty in Nigeria. Walahi. grin

If she ends up as CEO of major bank, will she be answering calls during major boardroom meeting.
In the western world, you don't take phone to work no matter how lowly placed your work is. Also student in higher institution as far as I know don't disturb the class with phone calls. If the call is so urgent, put your om silence and quietly exit the class when you need to answer the call.
Did i justify her action? Yes, she should be punished...but not laying hands on her. Didnt you read the part in my previous post where i wrote she should be punished? What happens to mark reduction for using phone during test or exam? What happens to sending her name to the authority so she can face the diciplinary committee...and maybe they will suspend her...or remove marks from her score? What happens to that? But werey people are justifying laying hands on her. I swear..if i was the girl..i would slap that man back. He has no right to lay hands on her. He is not his father...he has no right. Even her father has no right to beat her. She is an adult.

1 Like

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Cromagnon: 4:11pm On Nov 09, 2023
Westerhoffe:
A generation that lost it all…

Honestly, how children of nowadays are raised is very disappointing.
During my time, you dare not talk back at an adult. You dare not even raise your head to look them in the eye when they're talking. And when they ask you to do anything, you comply before asking questions.

But these days, you'd see a toddler forming no nonsense guy/girl.
It's very degrading that some youths would be threatening to beat up an elderly…

Moral decadence.
now look where Nigeria is cos elders dominated you
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Blackdisciple(m): 4:17pm On Nov 09, 2023
erniok:

See the how your quickly assumed wrongly. The student got into the wrong class and wanted to exit. This is what led to the whole incident.

Noted boss

1 Like

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by stuffs2002: 4:23pm On Nov 09, 2023
SAMBARRY:
yinmu.just dey Play grin

In the same OAU Ife or another OAU?
Are you referring to Oba Awon university.if you check their anthem it says FOR LEARNING AND CULTURE,SPORTS AND STRUGGLE, GREAT IFE,I LOVE YOU, THERE'S ONLY ONE GREAT IFE IN THE UNIVERSE, ANOTHER GREAT IFE IS A COUNTERFEIT, GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT (any alumni of OAU can relate to this anthem) forget it OAU is big on respect.the university culture is operated exactly like the Yoruba culture

OAU that I know don't joke with respect for elders.theyre still very much traditional and conservative.them no dey follow Una do woke philosophy.the one you dey talk about fit happen for Bowen, covenant or Ajayi crowther.it can never happen in OAU.lets leave that aside.

Many of these old professors you see still carry the old mentality of parenting and teaching.them no dey follow Una do wokism and they're equally grandparents.many of them have children and ex students as politicians, senators, and people in high places of power so the fact that they act simple and unassuming e no mean say them no fit treat your f*k up when necessary

However I've noticed something with these Lousy Gen z's.they always assume anyone who is quiet is stup1d and can be disrespected.they Often mistake gentleness for stupidity till they collect.

Lastly it's a sign of childishness for a person to flout classroom rules or university rules and then when he's called to order starts acting recalcitrant and when she collects, she begins to play Victim

I went a far better university than OAU and I sincerely hope you are not a product of OAU because you just disgraced whatever higher institution you went to.

Assaulting a student is a disposable and jailable offence anywhere in the world and it is a shame that OAU failed to inculcate that into their academic and student population.

I am telling what the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria says and you are here yapping about the lecturers knowing politicians. Is OAU greater than the constitution of Nigeria?

I would advice you stop porsuing this your line of thought as it will eventually lead you to jail if you think you could assault anyone because you an an "elder". No wonder most OAU graduates easily land in jail.

1 Like

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by TotoIsGud4boy: 4:38pm On Nov 09, 2023
Pharaohny:

your FATHER is dumb
My FATHER rapedd your mom so hard , he told me her pusssi was so wide grin
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Gbadebo01(m): 4:41pm On Nov 09, 2023
jeff1607:

Hope you know even in planes, a defaulting individual is forcefully taken down when they refuse adhering to instructions, no refund is done too
for better context, who forcefully takes the person of the plane? Security, the pilot or air hostesses?

Understand that forcefully taking someone off the plane is done if the flyer in question becomes violent or shows signs of mental illness and violence is always the last resort.
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by SAMBARRY: 5:11pm On Nov 09, 2023
stuffs2002:

I went a far better university than OAU and I sincerely hope you are not a product of OAU because you just disgraced whatever higher institution you went to.

Assaulting a student is a disposable and jailable offence anywhere in the world and it is a shame that OAU failed to inculcate that into their academic and student population.

I am telling what the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria says and you are here yapping about the lecturers knowing politicians. Is OAU greater than the constitution of Nigeria?

I would advice you stop porsuing this your line of thought as it will eventually lead you to jail if you think you could assault anyone because you an an "elder". No wonder most OAU graduates easily land in jail.
lol very typical grin

I'm not surprised.you went to a university better than OAU.ok so whether you went to Havard or Cambridge University,you are first a Nigerian before anything else.if you like carry PhD come,you will be reckoned with as a Nigerian not a graduate of any institution.besides colonial mentality wan finish you grin so you think you are better than anybody because you went to a different school? grin no apologies, you're a fool.you think anyone will ask about the school you went to or the impact you made? grin
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by ojuolu(m): 5:20pm On Nov 09, 2023
epainos:

People...just read the bolded part. Just imagine how Nigerian ma.d men are justifying laying hands on adult. Werey plenty this nation ooo. They said their culture is to beat an adult in the uni. Werey plenty ooo. grin
You are cut off from reality. Since it is the culture of the "adult" to be irresponsible, uncultured, the really adult has straighten her out.
Like I said, she has right under the law to press charges. Simple.
The werey that is affecting this generation has no cure yet...that is why we see all manner of nonsense in the name of freedom.
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Westerhoffe(m): 5:21pm On Nov 09, 2023
Cromagnon:
now look where Nigeria is cos greedy old politicians dominated you

But don't forget that these same elderly politicians were once youths during their governments in the past and still nothing has changed in the country for good… but rather degrading…

And moreso, they dominated you and the whole of Nigerian youths and nothing has happened.
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Blestos: 5:21pm On Nov 09, 2023
mogbeyiteren:
The girl should be expelled as she does not deserve the university certificate because she is not worthy in character
If she's expelled, how will she learn that what she did is wrong? The school is suppose to model and sharp you to be worthy in learning and character just like the great University of Ibadan. Let the lecturer give her carry over till final year
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by lawrenzooo: 5:26pm On Nov 09, 2023
TotoIsGud4boy:

Stupid peasant like you hiding behind nairaland to say bullchit…
You are still basking in the euphoria of your new phone...! Enjoy.
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Cromagnon: 6:23pm On Nov 09, 2023
Westerhoffe:

But don't forget that these same elderly politicians were once youths during their governments in the past and still nothing has changed in the country for good… but rather degrading…

And moreso, they dominated you and the whole of Nigerian youths and nothing has happened.
So what's your point
You've been dominated and then choose to stay dominated or what exactly are you saying
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by ofwest47(m): 6:57pm On Nov 09, 2023
Brainless idiot student
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by DSoj(m): 8:29pm On Nov 09, 2023
If i was that lecturer, that idiotic girl will write that course for 9yrs .
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Westerhoffe(m): 8:44pm On Nov 09, 2023
Cromagnon:

So what's your point
You've been dominated and then choose to stay dominated or what exactly are you saying

And where are you either?
Are you dominated or not?
Od are you the President of this country?

You ain't really making sense now…
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by DJInfluence: 8:53pm On Nov 09, 2023
You can see the issue of misuse of power is everywhere. The little position of authority that he finds himself don ever his head.
There are other civil ways to penalize her not with assault.

1 Like

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by salem1996: 9:02pm On Nov 09, 2023
Gbadebo01:
has it gotten this bad? What is the difference between that lecturer that slaps you to switch off your phone and the armed robber that slaps you to collect your phone? Do you know what is called self respect? The lecturer is several years older than this guy and he has to resort to fighting the young chap?

Well, am not saying the lecturer took the right actions though because slapping her is out of it. But, if you've led a group of persons or be a teacher, you'll understand that lecturer's actions. If he pardon her, trust others to follow suit. If I were the lecturer, the best was to send her out of the class though

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools / UNILORIN Website Got Attacked By Hackers (photos) / COVID-19: Queen’s College Lagos Students Test Positive In Boarding School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.