Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,453 members, 7,830,239 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class (22825 Views)

Ayo Ojediran, OAU Lecturer, Slumps, Dies In His Office / Victoria Oluwaremilekun Adeniyi Is Dead! OAU Lecturer Slumps & Dies / Nicholas Igbokwe: OAU Lecturer Dies In His Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by NoToPile: 5:33am On Nov 09, 2023
Even the person making the video said very good.

If she tried this sometimes back she don enter am, academics wey be like cult they will frustrate her to the end.

Very Unwise child.

8 Likes

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by mogbeyiteren: 5:34am On Nov 09, 2023
The girl should be expelled as she does not deserve the university certificate because she is not worthy in character

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Newton1045: 5:35am On Nov 09, 2023
ILoveFaith:
He should be dismissed and jailed immediately.
That’s how they abusive every small privilege.

For what?
This not oyibo land where u can wear pant to class.
She's stupid.
Respect ur teacher

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Kaido: 5:37am On Nov 09, 2023
ILoveFaith:
From your comment, it seems u were raised by a single mom

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by nairalanda1(m): 5:39am On Nov 09, 2023
ILoveFaith:

Well, at the end of the day, if you were the lecturer, you won't like it if students don't listen to you.

Still, I agree with you. Assault is assault, and if she was looking at her phone, it was because she found the lecture boring, and mayhaps the lectuer needs to up his game

But at the end of the day, she was still WRONG. Not just because she did not obey, but because when you don't pay attention in class, ye pay for it heavily in the exam hall. Lectures are the lecturer's way of giving students expo for their exams...lol.

3 Likes

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by nairalanda1(m): 5:41am On Nov 09, 2023
Pierocash:
Good. Some people can be very unruly and disrespectful to constituted authorities...

What does it cost her to switch off the phone? Nothing, just arrogance, headiness, and pride.

Yes, and I daresay she did it to provoke the man into striking her...to get him sacked.

Having said that, assault is still assault, and there are better ways of handling it calmly...and pleasantly. Shouting at people doesn't get immediate compliance.
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Nobody: 5:43am On Nov 09, 2023
nairalanda1:

Well, at the end of the day, if you were the lecturer, you won't like it if students don't listen to you.

Still, I agree with you. Assault is assault, and if she was looking at her phone, it was because she found the lecture boring, and mayhaps the lectuer needs to up his game

But at the end of the day, she was still WRONG. Not just because she did not obey, but because when you don't pay attention in class, ye pay for it heavily in the exam hall. Lectures are the lecturer's way of giving students expo for their exams...lol.
Stay one place make the thunder abi na lightening strike you well, you are talking from two side of your mouth. Shey lecture na entrainment ne, even if the class is boring there is no excuse for any reasonable student to be on the phone.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by sahab2325: 5:44am On Nov 09, 2023
nairalanda1:

Even if the lecture is boring to her, she can always leave the class honorably rather being disrespectful to the lecturer or disturbing her other colleagues...

1 Like

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by nairalanda1(m): 5:46am On Nov 09, 2023
Lukepeter:

Stay one place make the thunder abi na lightening strike you well, you are talking from two side of your mouth. Shey lecture na entrainment ne, even if the class is boring there is no excuse for any reasonable student to be on the phone.

I believe that I did not insult you or abuse you, so I see no reason why you should use such rude and intemperate language towards me.

Grow up, little child.
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Crafteck1: 5:47am On Nov 09, 2023
epainos:
Nigeria is an abnormal society. Read comments of m.ad people like the man above justifying his action. There are other ways of disciplining the girl, but the useless man as usual wanted to prove he is older than the girl. It is the right of the girl to defend herself from him. What about sending her out of the class. And if she doesnt walk out, he walks out and then take the right action. But he chose to force his will by laying his hands on the girl. And mum.u above just like the man are supporting the act. This is why they go to jail abroad. See eh...Nigeria is an abnormal society. This is why I dont regard anyone above 60. They are useless. Why? Na dem spoil Naija. Na dem holy pass...na dem sabi all...na dem want respect pass....but with the present state of Nigeria and with all the goodies available to them before and after independence. .look at where Nigeria is. Yet, they are still demanding respect. That generation is so manipulative. They use everything tovforce their will on people. If their useless words doesnt make sense, the next is to abuse the person by laying their hands on the victim. They dont mind using religious books to brain wash people. This generation ma.d oooò grin The portion they know in the Bible is honor your parents so your days may be long..if you quote parents, respect and love your children...they go go wild ni. Very selfish generation. They destroyed Nigeria. I pray the parents of the girl are well doing so they can treat the mess up of that useless ma d man. Just imagine...becos he thinks he is the alpha and omega in the class...he does not recognise the girl as an adult. Simple...use your authority and send her out of the class. Period. I know many lecturers who stepped aside until the kids walked out. Na the kids begged later because they kept sending the kids out of the class. Simple as ABC. That is the authority this man has. And it ends there. If the kid is useless and does not want to learn, it is automatic F. Period. But laying hands on the girl (an adult), this man needs to go to jail. But it is Naija na where abnormal people like those who have made comments above live. grin Werey plenty in naija grin

This is africa, stop forming woke, she deserved it, if it was my daughter i will add to it. Discipline is very necessary.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by nairalanda1(m): 5:47am On Nov 09, 2023
sahab2325:

Even if the lecture is boring to her, she can always leave the class honorably rather being disrespectful to the lecturer or disturbing her other colleagues...

Precisely.
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by sahab2325: 5:48am On Nov 09, 2023
sahab2325:

Most of you are frustrated assisting your younger siblings with home work not to talk of teaching an adult class that is full of distractions already...
With every reason, the lady is wrong and she deserves to be severely dealt with.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Dougad: 5:48am On Nov 09, 2023
2 wrongs don't make a right.

Instead of committing assault, he should have kicked her out of the class, banned her from attending the class for the rest of the semester, taking the exam and giving her a note to try again next year.

3 Likes

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by epainos: 5:49am On Nov 09, 2023
micxwell:
He should be dismissed and jailed. Then they'll rusticate the girl as well.
Why expel the girl? Her offence was to use her phone...does that sound like something that worths expulsion? You better know how to judge issues. The man needs to go to jail after being sacked. And then, the girl should be punished appropriately for the offence she committed. The worst is to deduct 5 marks. Period. Na phone she used...not more.

She has the right to defend herself when Mr lecture started bullying her. Those old people are useless. Na dem want respect pass...yet look at Nigeria. They had all, but destroyed everything. I dont have regard for them all. Very useless generation. If Mr lecturer does not know that the authority he has ends with sending the girl of the class, let him go and learn in the jail. He will chop watery beans full of stones there. Ma.d old people everywhere.

5 Likes

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by cococandy(f): 5:51am On Nov 09, 2023
Fugazy2023:
If I'm that lecturer, that girl will not enter my class for at least 5 classes.

And that’s a just punishment

But punching? Wow. Below the belt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Wotowotoman: 5:51am On Nov 09, 2023
officialwdhtv:
OAU lecturer assaults student for refusing to switch off her phone while in his class

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY8tAmc-eLE

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzY3cDYpX8U/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

In the viral video, the lecturer, Dr Ariyo of the Department of Electrical Engineering, could be heard asking her to switch off her phone but she refused

“You can’t be more than me” he said to her

He got angry and forcefully took the phone from her and then punched and pushed her

#wetindeyhappentv

That’s a dude. Not a girl!
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by epainos: 5:54am On Nov 09, 2023
Crafteck1:

This is africa, stop forming woke, she deserved it, if it was my daughter i will add to it. Discipline is very necessary.
With all the discipline they are giving out in Africa, where has it led you to? Has it stopped frauds? You are one of them. grin Oga...move out of Africa and go see what is right.. if you are not over 60 years and you talk like this...then, na you be the real victim cos they have "chanced" you for life. The way you see those kids in the north being used and dumped is how these people used and dumped you....yet, your eyes never clear. If you know what was available to them in their days and what is left now, you will pity your life. But your eyes never clear na. So, keep doing African things. Lol. Na poverty ooo.

And if you are above 60. Na your ways na. Very manipulative generation. Na dem pray pass..na dem read bible and koran pass....but na dem wicked pass. Very useless generation. grin

2 Likes

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by pendragonbladgo(m): 5:55am On Nov 09, 2023
Sincerely we youth of now adays are not trying, imagine our children doing this to us.....

No matter what, I will respect elders and my teachers wheather they are right or wrong, instead I will just leave there instead of fighting them.

We need to give our Principals maximum Respect.

Even in National Assembly as Reps and Senators, you must obey your seniors.

This lecturer, that is his office. He take final decision on how he wants his class. If that girl is not sent home, she will make other students do the same!
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:57am On Nov 09, 2023
In Nigeria, ladies always win in regards to whatever harrasment or alteration they get themselves into with a lecturer. Even if she is at fault in this situation it is the lecturer that will be blamed because he is a lecturer where the society can never trust them with the opposite sex.
An experienced lecturer would avoid engaging any lady student in any fracas that will cause him an embarrassment. There are tendencies that some of them will be rude to you because you don't know the kind of home they hail from.
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by WriterX(m): 5:58am On Nov 09, 2023
Quote #15: Anger is like fire, it is both a problem and a solution, its best use is found in the hands of he who is cautious , it worse use is found in the hands of he who is ignorant

2 Likes

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by pendragonbladgo(m): 5:59am On Nov 09, 2023
You can't try this in ABU Zaria, first security will finish you before the school send you away!

That girl will bring cursed generation!

1 Like

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Nobody: 6:00am On Nov 09, 2023
nairalanda1:

I believe that I did not insult you or abuse you, so I see no reason why you should use such rude and intemperate language towards me.

Grow up, little child.
It was an insult, was made as joke; my bad if you took it in bad taste.

"stay one place make thunder fire you" has never been taken as an insult in the history of humanity, come on its early morning dude.
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by erniok(m): 6:03am On Nov 09, 2023
jeff1607:

Why didn't she obey first
There's another option: walk her out of the class if she refuses.
If not that nigeria is toeing the path of a failed nation, she can press charges and she'll win with this evidence.
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Mrtaye: 6:03am On Nov 09, 2023
DesChyko:
Undue influence.

Dock her points for flouting class rules, not physically assaulting her. The world is moving on, Mr Lecturer.
Flaunting kwa
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by pendragonbladgo(m): 6:03am On Nov 09, 2023
epainos:
Nigeria is an abnormal society. Read comments of m.ad people like the man above justifying his action. There are other ways of disciplining the girl, but the useless man as usual wanted to prove he is older than the girl. It is the right of the girl to defend herself from him. What about sending her out of the class. And if she doesnt walk out, he walks out and then take the right action. But he chose to force his will by laying his hands on the girl. And mum.u above just like the man are supporting the act. This is why they go to jail abroad. See eh...Nigeria is an abnormal society. This is why I dont regard anyone above 60. They are useless. Why? Na dem spoil Naija. Na dem holy pass...na dem sabi all...na dem want respect pass....but with the present state of Nigeria and with all the goodies available to them before and after independence. .look at where Nigeria is. Yet, they are still demanding respect. That generation is so manipulative. They use everything tovforce their will on people. If their useless words doesnt make sense, the next is to abuse the person by laying their hands on the victim. They dont mind using religious books to brain wash people. This generation ma.d oooò grin The portion they know in the Bible is honor your parents so your days may be long..if you quote parents, respect and love your children...they go go wild ni. Very selfish generation. They destroyed Nigeria. I pray the parents of the girl are well doing so they can treat the mess up of that useless ma d man. Just imagine...becos he thinks he is the alpha and omega in the class...he does not recognise the girl as an adult. Simple...use your authority and send her out of the class. Period. I know many lecturers who stepped aside until the kids walked out. Na the kids begged later because they kept sending the kids out of the class. Simple as ABC. That is the authority this man has. And it ends there. If the kid is useless and does not want to learn, it is automatic F. Period. But laying hands on the girl (an adult), this man needs to go to jail. But it is Naija na where abnormal people like those who have made comments above live. grin Werey plenty in naija grin
The girl should be expel immediately....
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by aremubabs: 6:03am On Nov 09, 2023
The lecturer should have just asked for her matric number.

No need to get worked up over a disrespectful child who is obviously tired of being an OAU student.
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Ferrous(m): 6:05am On Nov 09, 2023
Students should learn how to obey simple instructions.
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by JustPowerApps(m): 6:05am On Nov 09, 2023
Country hard, vex full everywhere, lecturer dey vex, student sef dey vex. Nobody wan gree for the other.
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by sammirano: 6:05am On Nov 09, 2023
Good
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Image123(m): 6:06am On Nov 09, 2023
The lecturer should have controlled his emotions better. How and why is he physically assaulting a student, a female for that matter. He's likely in big trouble.

1 Like

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by OlujobaSamuel: 6:07am On Nov 09, 2023
If na me be this lecturer, the lady own don done. The man is a nice man for trying to force her to obey,
I no go force you, I will just tell you to leave my class, I don't want to see you again for the semester except for test and exam hall.
Compulsory question 1 and 2, case question from class discussion, if you are not in class, your jazz must be super to ans it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

WAEC GCE 2012 Registration Is On / Governor Abiodun Gives Best 2020 LASU Graduating Student Bungalow, ₦2 Million / Photos Of The New Senate Building, University Of Maiduguri.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.