Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,218 members, 7,815,257 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class (22721 Views)

Ayo Ojediran, OAU Lecturer, Slumps, Dies In His Office / Victoria Oluwaremilekun Adeniyi Is Dead! OAU Lecturer Slumps & Dies / Nicholas Igbokwe: OAU Lecturer Dies In His Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by pendragonbladgo(m): 6:07am On Nov 09, 2023
NoToPile:
Even the person making the video said very good.

If she tried this sometimes back she don enter am, academics wey be like cult they will frustrate her to the end.

Very Unwise child.
The girl no help her Parents and her future!

With the way Nigeria is hard now, she is joking with such an opportunity to be in school wow....

Boy friend has made these girls lost their sense of respect.

If it was her boy friend, she will quickly off it. Girls respect boy friends more than anything!

1 Like

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by UptownVibes(m): 6:08am On Nov 09, 2023
Simple instruction. Switch the damn phone off.. Maybe she was expecting a call from MR President Bulaba,who knows undecided

The lecturer should have just walk her out ,and give her nice "F" in the course..
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by lawrenzooo: 6:09am On Nov 09, 2023
epainos:
Nigeria is an abnormal society. Read comments of m.ad people like the man above justifying his action. There are other ways of disciplining the girl, but the useless man as usual wanted to prove he is older than the girl. It is the right of the girl to defend herself from him. What about sending her out of the class. And if she doesnt walk out, he walks out and then take the right action. But he chose to force his will by laying his hands on the girl. And mum.u above just like the man are supporting the act. This is why they go to jail abroad. See eh...Nigeria is an abnormal society. This is why I dont regard anyone above 60. They are useless. Why? Na dem spoil Naija. Na dem holy pass...na dem sabi all...na dem want respect pass....but with the present state of Nigeria and with all the goodies available to them before and after independence. .look at where Nigeria is. Yet, they are still demanding respect. That generation is so manipulative. They use everything tovforce their will on people. If their useless words doesnt make sense, the next is to abuse the person by laying their hands on the victim. They dont mind using religious books to brain wash people. This generation ma.d oooò grin The portion they know in the Bible is honor your parents so your days may be long..if you quote parents, respect and love your children...they go go wild ni. Very selfish generation. They destroyed Nigeria. I pray the parents of the girl are well doing so they can treat the mess up of that useless ma d man. Just imagine...becos he thinks he is the alpha and omega in the class...he does not recognise the girl as an adult. Simple...use your authority and send her out of the class. Period. I know many lecturers who stepped aside until the kids walked out. Na the kids begged later because they kept sending the kids out of the class. Simple as ABC. That is the authority this man has. And it ends there. If the kid is useless and does not want to learn, it is automatic F. Period. But laying hands on the girl (an adult), this man needs to go to jail. But it is Naija na where abnormal people like those who have made comments above live. grin Werey plenty in naija grin

Your opinion here is so flawed! I guess you didn't consider the other students in the class. If the girl refuse to walk out the lecture walks out right and if the girl show up in the next lecture again and he ask her to leave she refuses and he walks out again right? Denying other students lecture time?

When you meet a brat treat her as such. What's so difficult in switching of your phone in a lecture hall? Am sure you know he didn't just single her out and ask her to switch of her phone. The phone must have interrupted his class. If you want to be treated as an adult behave like one.

1 Like

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Cutehector(m): 6:09am On Nov 09, 2023
How about making ground rules in class...

1.. No texting

2.. No calls..

3.. No latecoming..

3. Any infractions, loose 10marks from your CA.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Image123(m): 6:10am On Nov 09, 2023
pendragonbladgo:

The girl should be expel immediately....

Expelled for what? Having a phone in a Federal University? What should now happen to the student that did the recording in your court?
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by shegoon: 6:13am On Nov 09, 2023
Na this one Op called assault? When has dragging and pushing become assault? If na me, i go first give heavy slap
officialwdhtv:
OAU lecturer assaults student for refusing to switch off her phone while in his class

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY8tAmc-eLE

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzY3cDYpX8U/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

In the viral video, the lecturer, Dr Ariyo of the Department of Electrical Engineering, could be heard asking her to switch off her phone but she refused

“You can’t be more than me” he said to her

He got angry and forcefully took the phone from her and then punched and pushed her

#wetindeyhappentv
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Tonyx5(m): 6:14am On Nov 09, 2023
The lecturer's action is totally wrong and unacceptable. There are better and calmer ways to deal with unruly students and as a Dr, he ought to know that. Smh

1 Like

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by lawrenzooo: 6:14am On Nov 09, 2023
erniok:

There's another option: walk her out of the class if she refuses.
If not that nigeria is toeing the path of a failed nation, she can press charges and she'll win with this evidence.
and if she refuse to leave the class? My guess the lecturer walks out right?
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by shegoon: 6:15am On Nov 09, 2023
Guess she was causing distraction with her phone.
Image123:

Expelled for what? Having a phone in a Federal University? What should now happen to the student that did the recording in your court?
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by finallybusy: 6:16am On Nov 09, 2023
All these Gen Z children will stain your white. He should have sent her out of the class. Knowing how they behave she’ll still refuse to leave. Violence was his only option.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by pendragonbladgo(m): 6:17am On Nov 09, 2023
Image123:

Even in National Assembly, they can ask you to off your phone.

You guys have lost it totally, the lecturer told her particularly to off her phone, simply off it.

He might change his mind later, why being stubborn.

If it was her boy friend, she will quickly off it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by haphizz57(m): 6:18am On Nov 09, 2023
[quote author=officialwdhtv post=126859964]OAU lecturer assaults student for refusing to switch off her phone while in his class

In the viral video, the lecturer, Dr Ariyo of the Department of Electrical Engineering, could be heard asking her to switch off her phone but she refused

He got angry and forcefully took the phone from her and then punched and pushed her

#wetindeyhappentv[/quote
If dis one come get xtra yr now. She go say na village pple
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by shegoon: 6:18am On Nov 09, 2023
In my school by the time the lecture vex comot for class, na the whole class go join hand to even beat her. Uncultured brat
lawrenzooo:

Your opinion here is so flawed! I guess you didn't consider the other students in the class. If the girl refuse to walk out the lecture walks out right and if the girl show up in the next lecture again and he ask her to leave she refuses and he walks out again right? Denying other students lecture time?

When you meet a brat treat her as such. What's so difficult in switching of your phone in a lecture hall? Am sure you know he didn't just single her out and ask her to switch of her phone. The phone must have interrupted his class. If you want to be treated as an adult behave like one.

2 Likes

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Otulented: 6:19am On Nov 09, 2023
The girl is so idiotic.

1 Like

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by erniok(m): 6:19am On Nov 09, 2023
lawrenzooo:
and if she refuse to leave the class? My guess the lecturer walks out right?
Are there no security officials in the school? In my alma mater, every lecture hall had 1 or 2 security official. Invite them in to do the needful.

2 Likes

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by lebienconnu: 6:19am On Nov 09, 2023
OAU is for learning and culture. That spoilt brat is not worthy of being a student of Great Ife. The phone must have rang out during his class.

Dr Ajayi was taking us a class in clinical pharmacology when the then student union president’ who was my class mate got a call and his phone vibrated. The lecturer was very angry and instructed him to switch off the phone immediately. The president obeyed promptly with apology.

If this is what the so called GenZ generation portrays then, regrettably, I repeat what a sage posted earlier “ a generation that lost it all”.

2 Likes

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by CJStarz: 6:19am On Nov 09, 2023
Figolouis:
SOCIAL MEDIA!
Well, we only see when the lecturer is instructing/Ordering her to switch off the phone in his lecture class but never know the genesis of the issue.
We should not rush to condemn the lecturer

Oya,give us the genesis of d matter
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Otulented: 6:20am On Nov 09, 2023
ILoveFaith:
He should be dismissed and jailed immediately.
That’s how they abusive every small privilege.

See as you de mumu yourself
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Oluwapresley(m): 6:20am On Nov 09, 2023
Crafteck1:

This is africa, stop forming woke, she deserved it, if it was my daughter i will add to it. Discipline is very necessary.

Have you seen the full video? I am sure when you do, you will have a rethink.

1 Like

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by CJStarz: 6:20am On Nov 09, 2023
Serves her right.
Suspension,if not outright expulsion awaiting her

2 Likes

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Otulented: 6:22am On Nov 09, 2023
epainos:
Nigeria is an abnormal society. Read comments of m.ad people like the man above justifying his action. There are other ways of disciplining the girl, but the useless man as usual wanted to prove he is older than the girl. It is the right of the girl to defend herself from him. What about sending her out of the class. And if she doesnt walk out, he walks out and then take the right action. But he chose to force his will by laying his hands on the girl. And mum.u above just like the man are supporting the act. This is why they go to jail abroad. See eh...Nigeria is an abnormal society. This is why I dont regard anyone above 60. They are useless. Why? Na dem spoil Naija. Na dem holy pass...na dem sabi all...na dem want respect pass....but with the present state of Nigeria and with all the goodies available to them before and after independence. .look at where Nigeria is. Yet, they are still demanding respect. That generation is so manipulative. They use everything tovforce their will on people. If their useless words doesnt make sense, the next is to abuse the person by laying their hands on the victim. They dont mind using religious books to brain wash people. This generation ma.d oooò grin The portion they know in the Bible is honor your parents so your days may be long..if you quote parents, respect and love your children...they go go wild ni. Very selfish generation. They destroyed Nigeria. I pray the parents of the girl are well doing so they can treat the mess up of that useless ma d man. Just imagine...becos he thinks he is the alpha and omega in the class...he does not recognise the girl as an adult. Simple...use your authority and send her out of the class. Period. I know many lecturers who stepped aside until the kids walked out. Na the kids begged later because they kept sending the kids out of the class. Simple as ABC. That is the authority this man has. And it ends there. If the kid is useless and does not want to learn, it is automatic F. Period. But laying hands on the girl (an adult), this man needs to go to jail. But it is Naija na where abnormal people like those who have made comments above live. grin Werey plenty in naija grin

I guess your mumu parents died at their early age. That's why you don't regard anyone above 60. Your shame de shame mw

2 Likes

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Oluwapresley(m): 6:25am On Nov 09, 2023
CJStarz:

Oya,give us the genesis of d matter

The genesis of the matter is on the comment section of the bloggers that carried the news on IG.

First, this is not a lady but a guy.

Secondly, the issue wasn't about switching off phone. The guy had mistakenly entered the class where the lecturer was taking a class thinking that was where he was having his own class.

Noticing the error, he apologized and made to leave.

But the lecturer, seeing the guy on dreads, beckoned on him to return and the matter escalated quickly as the lecturer formed an opinion that the student was trying to impersonate another student and didn't erroneously enter the lecture room.

The lecturer refused the student exit and called on the school's security to pick him up. In a bid to defend himself, he thought to make a phone call and that was when all you see in the video ensued.

And before you say I am making this up, there is video evidence to support this.

3 Likes

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by lawrenzooo: 6:25am On Nov 09, 2023
erniok:

Is there no security officials in the school? In my alma mater, every lecture hall had 1 or 2 security official. Invite them in to do the needful.
That would have been a better option.
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Ekealterego: 6:27am On Nov 09, 2023
shegoon:
In my school by the time the lecture vex comot for class, na the whole class go join hand to even beat her. Uncultured brat
Everybody in Nigeria exist in a jungle zoo, and unfortunately the university are not spared. See mentality.

1 Like

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by SAMBARRY: 6:28am On Nov 09, 2023
Raskimonojendor:
The lecture hall doesn't look familiar. Kids these days are very bold. In the early 2000s, she go just manager like 2 extra years. Times have changed.
if it's still OAU it can still happen.they still follow the old modus operandi
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by CJStarz: 6:29am On Nov 09, 2023
Not doubting you ,my brother,some lecturers too dey form

Oluwapresley:

The genesis of the matter is on the comment section of the bloggers that carried the news on IG.

Secondly, the issue wasn't about switching off phone. The guy had mistakenly entered the class where the lecturer was taking a class thinking that was where he was having his own class.

But the lecturer, seeing the guy on dreads, beckoned on him to return and the matter escalated quickly as the lecturer formed an opinion that the student was trying to impersonate another student and didn't erroneously enter the lecture room.

The lecturer refused the student exit and called on the school's security to pick him up. In a bid to defend himself, he thought to make a phone call and that was when all you see in the video ensued.

And before you say I am making this up, there is video evidence to support this.
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Appadorai(m): 6:29am On Nov 09, 2023
officialwdhtv:
OAU lecturer assaults student for refusing to switch off her phone while in his class

In the viral video, the lecturer, Dr Ariyo of the Department of Electrical Engineering, could beTge heard asking her to switch off her phone but she refused

#wetindeyhappentv
The student was stupid and lack home training
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by erniok(m): 6:31am On Nov 09, 2023
Oluwapresley:

Seems you are confusing the videos. That looks to me like a lady in that video
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by SAMBARRY: 6:33am On Nov 09, 2023
ILoveFaith:
He should be dismissed and jailed immediately.
That’s how they abusive every small privilege.
yinmu

If the Matter is taken to panel the man is likely to go untouched because the people sitting in the panel are his surbodinate colleagues or people who he had taught in the past.forget o,oau is still very traditional and African in nature.the one wey you dey talk fit work for private university because they are capitalist inclined with millennials who are lecturers and are following the western style of parenting, but you see OAU, just forget it more so as you see those profs who act simple and unassuming,many of them are very connected.they have children and mentees as big politicians, senators and house of representatives

Shey because them dey Waka with Ankara and newspapers you think they're nobodies? cheesy

Genz's really think highly of themselves cheesy
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Oluwapresley(m): 6:35am On Nov 09, 2023
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by SAMBARRY: 6:35am On Nov 09, 2023
Appadorai:
The student was stupid and lack home training
OAU go teach am home training

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Has Anyone Ever Lost Their Original Waec Certificate? / COVID-19: Queen’s College Lagos Students Test Positive In Boarding School / UNILORIN Website Got Attacked By Hackers (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.