Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,029 members, 7,835,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Infidelity - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Infidelity (279 Views)

Can A Couple Survive Infidelity And Save Their Marriage After? / Ladies!! Keeping Sanity In Your Marriage/relationship In The Face Of Infidelity / Infidelity – Reasons Why Many Married Men Cheat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Infidelity by Godsongang: 3:18pm On Nov 09, 2023
Today makes it the second year I left my marriage.

After 11 years of infidelity, coping with lies, and dealing with STDs, I finally fled in tears.

I met him at a conference, he was the life of the party, intelligent and charming. Everyone wanted to be around him.

While dating, I saw footprints of his philandering, and caught him with several women, he apologized, cried, and promised to stop. But the more I forgave, the more emboldened he became. Sadly, I kept thinking he would change after marriage

After marriage, he grew worse. Every international business trip ended with a live-in lover. It just seemed he couldn't have enough of pleasure .

Interestingly, I never denied him anything. Our marital life was good until he started introducing STDs into the union. I also became a shadow of my pretty and sexy self. Lost my self-esteem, blamed myself for his actions, prayed and fasted for him to change, and felt betrayed by God, waited for 11 years because of my children. I didn't want the society or church to call me a weak woman who couldn't keep her marriage or a divorcee.

But I finally faced my fears, I moved out despite the whispers. Now, I cry myself to bed every week. I know I need healing but I am scared of the healing process. I am scared to open up, to take responsibility for the fact that I saw this habit but believed I could change him.

Piercing pain thugs my heart every time I see him. I sacrificed myself for us yet I was rewarded with betrayal.
Re: Infidelity by Coolsat(m): 3:50pm On Nov 09, 2023
Wahala
Re: Infidelity by Calabar1stSon: 4:23pm On Nov 09, 2023
It's unfortunate you were married to a Women Affairs Commissioner. Stay strong.

Re: Infidelity by lordchiz(m): 4:52pm On Nov 09, 2023
Minister and commissioner for works and women!
Re: Infidelity by Ballzproblemm: 4:54pm On Nov 09, 2023
start your healing process, don't rush into any relationship in a year or two
Re: Infidelity by okoroemeka(m): 4:58pm On Nov 09, 2023
Godsongang:
Today makes it the second year I left my marriage.

After 11 years of infidelity, coping with lies, and dealing with STDs, I finally fled in tears.

I met him at a conference, he was the life of the party, intelligent and charming. Everyone wanted to be around him.

While dating, I saw footprints of his philandering, and caught him with several women, he apologized, cried, and promised to stop. But the more I forgave, the more emboldened he became. Sadly, I kept thinking he would change after marriage

After marriage, he grew worse. Every international business trip ended with a live-in lover. It just seemed he couldn't have enough of pleasure .

Interestingly, I never denied him anything. Our marital life was good until he started introducing STDs into the union. I also became a shadow of my pretty and sexy self. Lost my self-esteem, blamed myself for his actions, prayed and fasted for him to change, and felt betrayed by God, waited for 11 years because of my children. I didn't want the society or church to call me a weak woman who couldn't keep her marriage or a divorcee.

But I finally faced my fears, I moved out despite the whispers. Now, I cry myself to bed every week. I know I need healing but I am scared of the healing process. I am scared to open up, to take responsibility for the fact that I saw this habit but believed I could change him.

Piercing pain thugs my heart every time I see him. I sacrificed myself for us yet I was rewarded with betrayal.
this is the exact reason men are less interested in marriage this days,you took an oath for better and for worse,in good health and sickness but you choose divorce as an option at a little challenge when your courage and strength as a woman is most needed ,but you felt you have sacrificed enough,many strong women faced similar challenges and won their man back,your husband was a gentleman compared to the monster I was in the first fifteen years of my marriage,it got so bad that my wife junior sister got pregnant for me and that was the lowest a man can sink down to,,but in all this crisis and betrayal my wife still believed she can change me and she did.
Re: Infidelity by wash02: 10:03pm On Nov 09, 2023
[quote author=okoroemeka post=126879088]this is the exact reason men are less interested in marriage

[color=#006600][/color]
Wow! Just wow! How you sat in a chair in the comfort of your home and turned the table around on the OP is a skill that has to be studied.
Endurance is a virtue; we can all agree on that. Be that as it may, our threshold for pain whether it's emotional or physical will never be the same. It will invariably differ from one person to the next.
She reached hers and had to emancipate herself.

(1) (Reply)

Does Money Have Any Disadvantage? / Sex Scam: My Experience / How Do I Survive This Hardship Till Month End

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.