Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Leaving My Wife And Kids To Travel Abroad - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Leaving My Wife And Kids To Travel Abroad (30188 Views)

Brazilian Mum Arrested For Selling EIGHT Of Her Kids To Buy Drugs(Pix) / Parents, Don't Allow Your Kids To Run To Meet You When You Return Home. See Why / My Wife Says She’ll One Day Hand Our Three Kids To Their Real Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Leaving My Wife And Kids To Travel Abroad by dkidd: 3:52pm On Nov 10, 2023
kapelvej:

You can achieve and obtain your residence permit in about 6 months as long as you are travelling with a genuine tourist visa. The guys advising you that tourist visa will get you no where are doing so from the point of limited information.
Reach out to me I will give you the info. Please I am not asking for a dime for this. Just completely free info. If you are hard working, your family can join you in about 9 months, ie 3 months after obataining your residence permit
Well @ Gwin007 u can follow this advice if this guy is genuine but thread careful. Anything wey make u lost for Europe e done finish be that as u wouldn't want to come back empty and in so doing ur wasting time away from ur family which is dangerous especially if u no get money to even dey update them at home. She will now be faced with many wicked options and a woman can only be so strong. Ijs 🤷🏾‍♂️
Re: Leaving My Wife And Kids To Travel Abroad by Burgerlomo: 3:53pm On Nov 10, 2023
Invest in your business and enjoy your family because the journey your are about to embark with no work or resident permit papers is a very high risk journey.

2 Likes

Re: Leaving My Wife And Kids To Travel Abroad by uuzba(m): 3:53pm On Nov 10, 2023
Mccullum:
Only Africans traveling abroad for settlement without availability of jobs waiting for them.

Very rare seeing other races for such decision except for tourism.

Africans aren't poor but very poor mentally.
It's not poor mentality.
It is the nature of our countries.
Right here on Nairaland, you can see how different tribes hate each other.
It didn't start today.
Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa...etc are all separate kingdoms. They were minding their business before colonisation.
Now British FORCED everybody to form one country.. and you automatically expect them to work together and cooperate?
Most African nations were formed like this, by force.
Forcing different tribe villagers to form a Nation.

Rwanda's case was so bad that the people killed each other into the millions.
Now they are all dead, the orphaned BABIES that were left alive in the battle field of dead bodies are about 25-30 years old today 2023.
They have no uncles, or relatives to pass on any Hutu or Tutsi village tribe tradition. So they're just speaking English and cooperating with each other. They don't know anything about the war and don't even know their tribe. Nobody alive to tell them their tribe.

I fear that is the only way Nigeria will ever move forward,
After all the elders, villages and chiefs have been killed in a bloody battle with all the tribalism along with it.
NO connection with babies.
The new babies will grow up without knowing anything about village or tribe.
Then they will just work together like Europeans and make the country grow.

1 Like

Re: Leaving My Wife And Kids To Travel Abroad by grandstar(m): 3:54pm On Nov 10, 2023
Gwin007

First working with a travel visa is illegal and you will only get blue collar work.

Most importantly, since you now have enough money to reinvest into your business, do so. Trust me, you'll be better offer that way.

If the business blows, you can now take your family overseas for holiday grin grin grin.

I have been to the UK twice in the last 10 years, but just for holiday

5 Likes

Re: Leaving My Wife And Kids To Travel Abroad by Dshocker(m): 3:55pm On Nov 10, 2023
Gwin007:
Good day nairalanders.. please I need advice on what to do.. am married with three kids, 5, 3 , and a year old.. I own a bussines.. but for now my bussines is down, the has been very good and lucrative.. but due to lack of capital to invest more on it. It was now shaking.. but the thing now is that.. I have the capital to invest on the bussines.. but now am saying should relocate abroad with the money and leave my 3kids and wife back home or invest on the bussines.. cus am traveling with a tourist visa and it’s a Europe country and I don’t how long it will take to get my papers over there please Nairaland I really need ur opinion not make future mistakes

Thanks

With tourist visa, and obviously you have no skill, please do not do it.

If you were single, i would have said; It is ok to take such risk.

Europe is no longer what it used to be, bro manage and grow your business and family, for it is cold out there.
Re: Leaving My Wife And Kids To Travel Abroad by izibili44: 3:55pm On Nov 10, 2023
Every one has is own luck ooo. I will advise you re invest in your business and teach your wife the business if it's something's she can do.
if you still feel like traveling out after much success in the business fine and good. quotee author=Fountainofyouth post=126884316]Tourist visa of what, 6 months? And after that you'll become a illegal immigrant? Why do you people like to invite problems for yourselves? Why can't you go there the right way legally then invite your family and live happily ever after? You want to become an illegal that will always stay under the radar so as not to be detected and deported, spending decades without physically seeing your family then expect your wife to remain faithful and loyal while you do countless shenanigans over there,

Oga stay in naija and hustle, you are not ripe to travel out yet.[/quote]
Re: Leaving My Wife And Kids To Travel Abroad by AgentGoat: 3:56pm On Nov 10, 2023
Don't leave your legit business go dey suffer for abroad.

1 Like

Re: Leaving My Wife And Kids To Travel Abroad by KodakBlack: 3:57pm On Nov 10, 2023
Go try Hungary, or Slovenia student. You can bring your family with you as your dependants later when you are stable.

Gwin007:
Thank you.. please which other processes can I use to travel legally but my budget is 5m naira
Re: Leaving My Wife And Kids To Travel Abroad by Atk1nson(m): 3:59pm On Nov 10, 2023
Gwin007:
Good day nairalanders.. please I need advice on what to do.. am married with three kids, 5, 3 , and a year old.. I own a bussines.. but for now my bussines is down, the has been very good and lucrative.. but due to lack of capital to invest more on it. It was now shaking.. but the thing now is that.. I have the capital to invest on the bussines.. but now am saying should relocate abroad with the money and leave my 3kids and wife back home or invest on the bussines.. cus am traveling with a tourist visa and it’s a Europe country and I don’t how long it will take to get my papers over there please Nairaland I really need ur opinion not make future mistakes

Thanks

tourist visa is not meant for business or work. You're taking a big risk and risking the welfare of your family. Most likely you will not see them for years and since you are not with the right documents may not find it easy there either.
Re: Leaving My Wife And Kids To Travel Abroad by BigDawsNet: 3:59pm On Nov 10, 2023
Gwin007:

Thanks

Okay... let me help you with some ideas...

Travelling on a visit visa to a location like Europe as a family man is not such a good idea... to be honest..
If you were travelling with a work visa or a student visa
.. I would hav said... you made the right call... but travelling on a visit visa is not a good idea atall...

Getting papers will be one of the most difficult thing to do... because with a visit visa... you wouldn't be allowed to work... I mean to get a proper job... you may end up getting an underpay job which will only sort out your feeding... nothing more...

You may think of asylum... but that's another waste of time as 🇳🇬 is not a war country where will likely to be considered...

You may be stuck in Europe for decades if care is not taking... pls... if you don't want to miss your kids growing up... don't embark on the journey...

Better you travel on a visit ... see what's happening dere urself and return immediately...

If you hav some money or you can secure a loan... apply for a study permit in some EU countries dat can allow you to move with family...

Goodluck
Re: Leaving My Wife And Kids To Travel Abroad by SavageResponse(m): 3:59pm On Nov 10, 2023
kapelvej:

You can achieve and obtain your residence permit in about 6 months as long as you are travelling with a genuine tourist visa. The guys advising you that tourist visa will get you no where are doing so from the point of limited information.
Reach out to me I will give you the info. Please I am not asking for a dime for this. Just completely free info. If you are hard working, your family can join you in about 9 months, ie 3 months after obataining your residence permit

Vultures have started circling because they heard he has N5million!

@Gwin007 avoid all these so-called agents, they are only after your money.

Nothing stops you from processing your travel documents yourself

1 Like

Re: Leaving My Wife And Kids To Travel Abroad by GEJDHERO: 4:00pm On Nov 10, 2023
travelling abroad to hustle is OLD SCHOOL stay and grow ur business...abi u wan goi wash OYIBO yansh for europe?

1 Like

Re: Leaving My Wife And Kids To Travel Abroad by obaidan: 4:00pm On Nov 10, 2023
Unrated900:
This is the plan.
Settle your house payment at least 2 years from this moment.
2.drop one million naira for feeding and upkeeping for your wife and kids.and.tell.your wife to manage it without going to parties.
3.use the remaining money to travel abroad and start hustling within 1 to 2 years you will be stable of bringing your wife and kids there with you..
4.do this and thank me after 2 years.
5.dont listen to anyone's much advice here on nairaland
Most of em are kids and have no family.
God will guide you in all you do.....
You have spoken well BUT that your No. 3 na bullet point, if we begin to develop it, e fit reach 1000 pages. he said he has 5m.....he will drop 1m for his wife. he will probably use 1m to buy ticket. he's left with 3m which is just 3 thousand dollars. He has not said that he has anyone that will receive him when he gets abroad and help him facilitate getting a job, how will he get the job. He will be working illegally, so to get that job/hustle it has to be through networking or talking to anyone he meets or sees, so as he is speaking with people what if he goes around to speak about his condition to a whistleblower. Its one thing to be ready to beg anyone on the street for a job, its another thing if u have to watch your back while doing that. another thing people do not know is that those jobs he will be able to do will not leave him with so much savings. to be able to bring to bring 3 other persons after 2 years

1 Like

Re: Leaving My Wife And Kids To Travel Abroad by Exceed15: 4:01pm On Nov 10, 2023
What makes you a man is the food garri u put on the table. If you have to leave your family and travel far to cater for their needs please do.
Re: Leaving My Wife And Kids To Travel Abroad by bjdon: 4:01pm On Nov 10, 2023
Fountainofyouth:
Tourist visa of what, 6 months? And after that you'll become a illegal immigrant? Why do you people like to invite problems for yourselves? Why can't you go there the right way legally then invite your family and live happily ever after? You want to become an illegal that will always stay under the radar so as not to be detected and deported, spending decades without physically seeing your family then expect your wife to remain faithful and loyal while you do countless shenanigans over there,

Oga stay in naija and hustle, you are not ripe to travel out yet.
Bless you!
I can't believe there are still people like the OP who think like this. If you are illegal in any European country, it'll take you MANY years to get yourself sorted out. There are people for example in the UK, that have been here for over 10 years and are still not settled.
You better bet is to send your wife over to somewhere like the UK that has a large Nigerian community. If she comes on a 6 month visitor visa, she can do childminding/hair dressing within the Nigerian community as long as she does not stay the whole 6 months (maybe does 4-5 months) she'll always get another visa. That way she can be earning the FX sending to you for the business. Hopefully she would only have to it once or twice to generate enough for your business to take off again.
Re: Leaving My Wife And Kids To Travel Abroad by 1972xy: 4:02pm On Nov 10, 2023
Gwin007:

Thanks
Do not try it oooo my brother. I am regretting it ooo. So long a journey !

1 Like

Re: Leaving My Wife And Kids To Travel Abroad by akanke79: 4:03pm On Nov 10, 2023
Gwin007:

Thanks
Go into farming of tomatoes etc you will not regret it.
Re: Leaving My Wife And Kids To Travel Abroad by Pesbest: 4:03pm On Nov 10, 2023
Number 1:

That visa is not a suitable Visa.

It will turn you into an illegal migrant and may further complicate your life.

Number 2:

The devil you know is better than the angel you don't know....

You have confirmed that your business is promising but only requires more injection of capital to stabilise it...that's a plus

while the option of travelling abroad with all its uncertainties awaiting you, at the expense of your business & family is very risky.

Number 3:

You didn't mention any buffer for your family while you are away that can keep them going, pending when things start working well for you.
If there is no buffer, another bigger complication on your family existence and yourself psychologically.

Number 4:

Finally, trash the idea of travelling abroad and abandoning the business & family you have suffered to nurture. It is a wrong timing.

My advice is DO NOT take that step rather reinvest that money into your business which you are sure of recouping gains or profits as usual.

Allow your business to grow more, and if you still desire to relocate abroad, save up gradually towards it and move with your family (with the right visa: work visa or digital Norma's visa or study visa ) NEVER consider the Tourist visa. It's only for enjoyment and returning home after the enjoyment.

That Tourist visa on your passport is good. It gives your passport more value. Let it expire. Nothing spoil.

This is my candid opinion.

But the decision and consequences of your decision is entirely yours. Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: Leaving My Wife And Kids To Travel Abroad by InvertedHammer: 4:05pm On Nov 10, 2023
Gwin007:

Thanks

/
If only you know how many Nigerian youths stranded abroad that will gladly come home if they can afford flight ticket.

If you use the money you will use to pursue visa and ticket to purchase 2 Keke and put on the road, you will get better results.

There are many business opportunities in Nigeria but everyone is looking at the wrong places.

Unless you are looking for an excuse to run away from family responsibilities, there is no excuse for this move.

/

3 Likes

Re: Leaving My Wife And Kids To Travel Abroad by Mccullum: 4:09pm On Nov 10, 2023
uuzba:

It's not poor mentality.
It is the nature of our countries.
Right here on Nairaland, you can see how different tribes hate each other.
It didn't start today.
Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa...etc are all separate kingdoms. They were minding their business before colonisation.
Now British FORCED everybody to form one country.. and you automatically expect them to work together and cooperate?
Most African nations were formed like this, by force.
Forcing different tribe villagers to form a Nation.

Rwanda's case was so bad that the people killed each other into the millions.
Now they are all dead, the orphaned BABIES that were left alive in the battle field of dead bodies all about 25-30 years old.
They have no uncles, or relatives to pass on any Hutu or Tutsi tradition. So they're just speaking English and cooperating with each other.
I fear that is the only way Nigeria will ever move forward,
After all the elders, villages and chiefs have been killed in a bloody battle with all the tribalism along with it.
NO connection with babies.
The new babies will grow up without knowing anything about village or tribe.
Then they will just work together like Europeans and make the country grow.

Who told you that they were not speaking native languages anymore in Rwanda?

Joining different ethnicities together as a country didn't peculiar or happened only in Africa.

In UK, they have Scottish and other ethnicities with their native languages but English is their general language which belong to England.

China too is like that while Mandalin is their general language, the Arabs too had different languages but Saudi Arabia's Arabic language is their general language.

Africans are suffering from inferiority complex, Africans are suffering from greediness, that's the back bone of corruption.

With all resources and fertile lands of African countries, mentality of our leaders and the led brought us to where we are today.

Europeans, Asians solved their differences with sincerity of purpose, that's why they were at where they found themselves today.
Re: Leaving My Wife And Kids To Travel Abroad by planetx: 4:10pm On Nov 10, 2023
Tourist visa to Europe with a wife and 3 kids back in Nigeria lol, I hope you are just trolling and trying to get unnecessary reaction from Nlanders.

1 Like

Re: Leaving My Wife And Kids To Travel Abroad by nairalanda1(m): 4:10pm On Nov 10, 2023
He is travelling with a tourist visa...

Okay.
Re: Leaving My Wife And Kids To Travel Abroad by michlins(m): 4:11pm On Nov 10, 2023
InvertedHammer:

/
If only you know how many Nigerian youths stranded abroad that will gladly come home if they can afford flight ticket.

If you use the money you will use to pursue visa and ticket to purchase 2 Keke and put on the road, you will get better results.

There are many business opportunities in Nigeria but everyone is looking at the wrong places.

Unless you are looking for an excuse to run away from family responsibilities, there is no excuse for this move.

/

you haven't really dealth with the keke and hire purchase people. You will give him brand new keke and he will start complaining of engine problems meanwhile his family will be changing soup every night

3 Likes

Re: Leaving My Wife And Kids To Travel Abroad by kwasoly(m): 4:11pm On Nov 10, 2023
Gwin007:

Thanks

Leaving your wife and kids to this hungry boys?
Oga better stay here and hustle.

1 Like

Re: Leaving My Wife And Kids To Travel Abroad by Abydupank: 4:12pm On Nov 10, 2023
Gwin007:

Thanks

If the country is in the schengen area, go when you arrive there, travel to Poland, buy Poland work permit for like 700 eur -comes out in 3 weeks, then use the polish work permit to apply for Temporary residence card. Then you are able to come to Nigeria back even before march. Afterwards, you can invite the family to Poland using your temporary residence card.

Thank me later..

4 Likes

Re: Leaving My Wife And Kids To Travel Abroad by phemmyfour: 4:12pm On Nov 10, 2023
Gwin007:

Thanks
You can't work in abroad with a tourist visa. Its illegal, you ll be deported if they found out

1 Like

Re: Leaving My Wife And Kids To Travel Abroad by londonzona: 4:12pm On Nov 10, 2023
Stay and hassle , things will get better.But if you insist you want to come to UK.You will come in the right way
Re: Leaving My Wife And Kids To Travel Abroad by chima47(m): 4:14pm On Nov 10, 2023
I,m very interested in the advice you will get on this.
Re: Leaving My Wife And Kids To Travel Abroad by xandy84: 4:15pm On Nov 10, 2023
Even those who have a plans to hit the ground running before they travel find out the hard way all those plans do not translate to how they envision it. Traveling abroad for someone with family involves lot of plans and traveling with tourist visa means no work, valid papers etc. The OP need to do lots of research before taking a plunge.

Kobojunkie:
If you don't already have a plan on how to hit the ground running when you get to the other side, then I suggest you back in Nigeria and wait for when you do. undecided
Re: Leaving My Wife And Kids To Travel Abroad by InvertedHammer: 4:15pm On Nov 10, 2023
michlins:
you haven't really dealth with the keke and hire purchase people. You will give him brand new keke and he will start complaining of engine problems meanwhile his family will be changing soup every night

/
grin grin grin

He can drive one himself as a supplementary income if his business is doing bad.

/

1 Like

Re: Leaving My Wife And Kids To Travel Abroad by Kingjbase: 4:17pm On Nov 10, 2023
Dikastan:
Do a legit paper and go. If you have a reliable agent, you can travel and make it even if it takes a little time. You can go over there and acquire a skill to boost yourself. I have a similar plan with you . Don't go with your family now and don't worry about wife's infidelity,any woman that wants to cheat will cheat even under your nose.
1. Make sure you use a reliable agent
2. You need to do a serious spiritual work, especially through prayer to clear your way spiritually so that forces of darkeness won't frustrate your plans.
3. Be positive and strong,life is about risk. Take it and make it

You are a very wise fella
Re: Leaving My Wife And Kids To Travel Abroad by xandy84: 4:18pm On Nov 10, 2023
Do you live in Poland? You sounds like it piece of cake to get a Polish resident permit. What about the language barrier?

Abydupank:

If the country is in the schengen area, go when you arrive there, travel to Poland, buy Poland work permit for like 700 eur -comes out in 3 weeks, then use the polish work permit to apply for Temporary residence card. Then you are able to come to Nigeria back even before march. Afterwards, you can invite the family to Poland using your temporary residence card.

Thank me later..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Feminism: The True Colour / 6 Ways Parents Complicate The Matrimonial Future Of Their Children. / Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.