Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) (44323 Views)

Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice / Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. / Man Abandons Wife Abroad For Trading With Her Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by 1Sharon(f): 6:00pm On Nov 11, 2023
43Ronin:
only simps & low self-esteem niggers go back to marry naija girl after hustling graveyard shifts to make it.

They do that because they are just not on the same wavelength of the western women that they want.

Before leaving Nigeria, most of them had grandiose ideas of women that they would date. Only to travel and become incels.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by cococandy(f): 6:04pm On Nov 11, 2023
This is what they do and they’ll be lying to their families that they put their wives through school when they can’t even afford anything without credit.

The ones talking about prenups as if prenups aren’t for people with assets to protect

What are you going to put in your prenups? Someone else’s apartment that you’re renting?
Lol.
franchasofficia:

Another thing is this, as a man living abroad, don't lie to ladies in Nigeria of your none existent rich status abroad when you know you are working hourly from hand to mouth and not really a big earner abroad like you made her believe because if she gets there and finds out that you are doing odd jobs or doing unprofessional job and now want to use her own career as maybe a nurse or medic or another big paying profession to uplift your sorry state so that she will be working while you will be spending it in the name of you brought her abroad, Oga it will not work, she go wise up, so know it now and abort that mission!

10 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Ishilove: 6:11pm On Nov 11, 2023
Masterito:
I live with my wife in the UK, so does more than 10 friends of mine. Know who you dey marry first.
Shikena.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by chloride6: 6:15pm On Nov 11, 2023
360command:
I understand you but don't talk that way. There is no need for that. That's who she is, I am rather happy for her having that "village accent" or she speaking in her mother tongue rather than some African who speaks in a "local acquired foreign accent". I hate it to the core.
People like you will be happy with a white American woman speaking in her country accent but when your fellow Nigerian speaks in her country accent you call it village in a negative way..

I have a beninois friend, she is French but struggles with her English despite she finishing from the University. This girl, despite her accent owns a salon here in America employing 3 Nigerian girls who speaks better English.

Know how you talk to people..

No one is attacking her for her acccent, but her backward thinking
Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Tunagee(m): 6:23pm On Nov 11, 2023
Truths9ja:
Hmm 🤔. Na true talk ooo

“Why I Won’t Allow My Brother To Bring A Wife From Nigeria”- Woman Voices [Video]

Nigerian woman has caused a clash of opinions online after she explained why she won’t support her brother if he wants to get married to a lady based in Nigeria and take her overseas.

According to her, she doesn’t want her brother to end up in a mental institution as a result of heartbreak, as many of those women based in Nigeria and lucky to land ‘abroad husbands’ —according to the poster— are heartless.

The angry narrator
The angry lady went on to advise men to strive to sign a prenuptial agreement before they tie the knot with their prospective wives.

“Marriage is now a business”, she said.

Many Nigerians didn’t agree with the Nigerian woman, who claimed to have put herself in the shoes of a typical Nigerian man.

“Then marry your brother, matchew”, a Nigerian, Ido Ekong slammed the lady.

“Everybody have different experiences sha”, another netizen, De Bishop explained, waving away the poster’s explanation as a personal opinion —which it is.

https://sabiradio.com/why-i-wont-allow-my-brother-to-bring-a-wife-from-nigeria-woman-voices-video/

She is saying the truth.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Enemyofpeace: 6:25pm On Nov 11, 2023
What we have now are oloshos

Convincing a lady who came visiting to leave the living room to the bedroom is a skill that should be added to men's CV .

2 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Enemyofpeace: 6:26pm On Nov 11, 2023
Tunagee:

She is saying the truth.
trueler than truth. Even Mynd44 knows that she is saying the truth
Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by UncleKoboko: 6:31pm On Nov 11, 2023
Mindlog:
Another crap!

She should rather advise the brother to marry a woman in the Country where he resides, make person hear word!

If the brother is a prize, make the women in that country rush am!

I told one here in the UK, you already have the skilled worker visa that is a sure pathway to British citizenship, then he should be open to marrying a lady already here in the UK with her own papers, so none would accuse each other of being in the relationship because of papers.

Same Uncle, who when he was a Masters student was always yabbing that marrying a Nigerian woman and bringing her over to the UK is suicide mission, is now developing cold feet getting into a serious relationship and marrying one from the millions of women from different parts of the world living in the UK.....there is always an excuse! Marry a Nigerian lady based here in the UK....NO, because they are too liberated and there would be "power struggle" in the marriage! Marry an Asian lady, he came up with excuses. Marry a lady from the Caribbean, he said those ones are streets. Oya, marry a Caucasian British whey go gree for you....brother man went mute! cheesy cheesy cheesy

His WhatsApp status, regularly have pictures of a particular Nigerian lady who I guess is based in Delta State based on the taxis I have seen in the background, he is already talking about getting an apartment that is bigger....I still dey observe. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Another crap
That Delta girl jaz must be very strong...

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by cococandy(f): 6:47pm On Nov 11, 2023
They usually yarn nonsense in the hopes that some ignorant mofos on here will believe them and run with the lies. Spewing lies about how marriage in the west is against men undecided

I personally know 3 women who are paying child support. In fact one of them was paying child support and alimony to the man because his income was way way less than hers.

They just hate a system where they can’t freely decide to throw their wives out whenever they please. That’s the end of the world to them. If they can’t do that, then it must mean women are in control
dominique:

That's a bloody lie! the duty of immigration officials is to check your travel documents not bestow authority on anybody. Husbands call cops on their wives in the almighty abroad and the wives get arrested if the cops confirm that she's indeed the troublemaker. Husbands file for divorce from their wives and get half of her property IF she's the higher income earner. A nairalander had to sell her house to finalise her divorce from her American husband because the courts declared that both their assets must be combined, dissolved and split into two. They were on the same income level but the house belonged to her. She had to come to Nigeria and chill for some months after the divorce stress was over. You unexposed ignorant Nigerians think women are granted some magical powers to deal with their husbands abroad when in reality there are processes their systems follow.

If you're married and by some chance your husband gets to relocate out of the country, would you give him this advice?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Gerrard59(m): 6:57pm On Nov 11, 2023
Mindlog:
Another crap!

She should rather advise the brother to marry a woman in the Country where he resides, make person hear word!

If the brother is a prize, make the women in that country rush am!

I dare say very few Nigerian males who emigrated enmass in recent times are the prizes to the native women there, especially in countries with a substantial black population. All na mouth. Nigerian men are not entirely highly prized, especially in the developed world.

Same Uncle, who when he was a Masters student was always yabbing that marrying a Nigerian woman and bringing her over to the UK is suicide mission, is now developing cold feet getting into a serious relationship and marrying one from the millions of women from different parts of the world living in the UK .....there is always an excuse! Marry a Nigerian lady based here in the UK....NO, because they are too liberated and there would be "power struggle" in the marriage! Marry an Asian lady, he came up with excuses. Marry a lady from the Caribbean, he said those ones are streets. Oya, marry a Caucasian British whey go gree for you....brother man went mute! cheesy cheesy cheesy

That is what most say once they leave Nigeria. At least, in case I said, I am open to anyone, whether Nigerian or abroad. I was not trained to yab our women. It was after a few experiences and thorough thinking that I realised marrying a black African, specifically a Nigerian woman, is much better than a foreign lady.

These people forget that humans are tribal and prefer other humans who look, speak and think like them. The older an adult gets, the more the adult wishes for those like him/her. If I was much younger, it might have been different.

His WhatsApp status, regularly have pictures of a particular Nigerian lady who I guess is based in Delta State based on the taxis I have seen in the background, he is already talking about getting an apartment that is bigger....I still dey observe. cheesy cheesy cheesy

He is marrying a Nigerian-bred lady. Don't allow him to deceive you. Just be petty with him by always reminding him about his statements about Nigerian bred women. The mentality or belief that Nigerian men are prized abroad is what has deceived many into thinking Nigerian-bred women no be am. I am glad that belief has changed significantly.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Pharaohny: 7:02pm On Nov 11, 2023
i no dey interfare for family matter naa unna business so deal with it .................................birds of a feather
Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Gerrard59(m): 7:08pm On Nov 11, 2023
Metrofox:

Oh really? I wonder what the Arabs, Indian and Chinese cultures think of that

Then, they should marry Arabian, Indian or Chinese women. grin

Nigerian men marry Chinese women while residing in the west? Even native African American blacks seldomly marry women from those groups, na Nigerian bred men go do am? grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Gerrard59(m): 7:10pm On Nov 11, 2023
Mindlog:

You little mind convinces you that you are insulting me......I don't take personal what my psychiatric patients say to me, yours is fresh air. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

That dude you mentioned is really mentally deranged. You might think I am lying, but go through his posts. He is not mentally okay.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Gerrard59(m): 7:19pm On Nov 11, 2023
BigDawsNet:
Marry Asian women

Chinese women particularly... they will give you generation peace of mind... they we're brought up and trained to respect dia husbands... trust me...

How MANY African American men do you know that married Chinese women? Let's start from there since African American men are the native blacks in the US, let alone immigrant black African men. I have read the marriage stats as it concerns Chinese marrying blacks. In the US, VERY FEW marry black men. In Singapore, in a survey, Chinese women chose black men as the last kind of men they would marry. It is only in China that there is a proportion of Chinese women who are married to black men. This is due to statistics as China is home to the Chinese. But in a racially diverse society, there exist very few Chinese-Black marriages.

Inter-racial marriages are not the norm anywhere, including the US, Brazil and South Africa - the top three racially diverse societies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by BigDawsNet: 7:45pm On Nov 11, 2023
Gerrard59:

How MANY African American men do you know that married Chinese women? Let's start from there since African American men are the native blacks in the US, let alone immigrant black African men. I have read the marriage stats as it concerns Chinese marrying blacks. In the US, VERY FEW marry black men. In Singapore, in a survey, Chinese women chose black men as the last kind of men they would marry. It is only in China that there is a proportion of Chinese women who are married to black men. This is due to statistics as China is home to the Chinese. But in a racially diverse society, there exist very few Chinese-Black marriages.

Inter-racial marriages are not the norm anywhere, including the US, Brazil and South Africa - the top three racially diverse societies.

So because Stats said few American Chinese may not consider African black men... that means its not possible or it can't happen?...

Yes, the population is low... but if truly you ready to search... you will definitely find lots of them willing to settle... they literally everywhere here....

Other good options are the Philippines women
Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by FireUpNow(m): 7:47pm On Nov 11, 2023
FinidiGeorge:

Up first world, up green pasture, up japa-ski grin grin grin

I truly pity the guy because he lost his own house and everything to the woman . Now he is going through depression.
Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Badmashii(m): 7:51pm On Nov 11, 2023
DKM123:
Someone that obviously doesn't have sense herself is the one whose advice grown family men should follow? So she is he one to determine what happens in her brother's family.

It's how you people make popular every teenager who is jobless and bored at home because they couldn't pass WAEC and have to stay a full year doing nothing.

There are renowned intellectual and intelligent men and women who give matured advice daily but those ones will never be promoted or shared. It's always the iya basiras and the touts that make front page as advisers to you people.

Na that pride and ego go destroy you. So for your mind you better pass touts and iya basiras?
Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by planetx: 8:02pm On Nov 11, 2023
A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by harmony75: 8:14pm On Nov 11, 2023
No one will pray to help you have you as a sister inlaw! Thank God man no be God 🙏
Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by jedisco(m): 8:17pm On Nov 11, 2023
Mindlog:

Why did the pharmacist not marry any of the women that live in the US, who he would not have to waste money and time to bring over from Nigeria?

Pharmacist is looking for a submissive lady
Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by jedisco(m): 8:20pm On Nov 11, 2023
Metrofox:

Oh this is not a comparison of cultures? I was thinking your point is that only Nigerian men demand submissive women globally

Men from 'conservative cultures' do..
But for the average Nigerian man moreso a new immigrant to the west, your best bet of a 'submissive woman' is a fellow Nigerian woman
Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by koolaid87: 8:27pm On Nov 11, 2023
descarado:

The way people with low self esteem throw submission around like it's a trophy.
Marriage is no longer partnership but slave and master.
If you have low self esteem, you will value submission from everybody around you including your parents.

The word is not even supposed to cone out of anybody's mouth in this era.

Unless we are in another episode of slave trade which we don't know about.

Yes, nothing wrong with the word submissive. We both know its not a slave/master. So no need to twist it.

Marriage/family is just like any other institution. There has to be orderliness (hierarchy) and everyone has to know their roles and responsibilities.

Any reasonable Man should be the leader of his household. Plain and simple.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Gerrard59(m): 8:28pm On Nov 11, 2023
BigDawsNet:

So because Stats said few American Chinese may not consider African black men... that means its not possible or it can't happen?...

Yes, the population is low... but if truly you ready to search... you will definitely find lots of them willing to settle... they literally everywhere here....

Other good options are the Philippines women

It happens, but what are the chances? That is the figure we rely on to tell us if the average person can do the same. Exceptions are not the standard in any society. The norm is. If the chances are low in places like the US, which is racially diverse, then it would be lower elsewhere except the dominant society the women live in. So, it is easier for a Nigerian man in the Philippines but not in the US, and way harder in Nigeria or elsewhere.

The koko be say, Nigerian men and women will marry themselves no matter the sh!t both throw at themselves online.
Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by jedisco(m): 8:30pm On Nov 11, 2023
Mindlog:

The same UK immigration officers whey me and my family pass through at the airport?

Whoever told you that is bloody lying.

Hehe... u dey mid am...
People wey never see airport dishing advice
Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by koolaid87: 8:31pm On Nov 11, 2023
Dennisochampa:
So if your brother dey abroad.... And conji hold am... Make e fly come Nigeria come knack and go back or cheat on his wife?
I no blame you Sha... Na your useless brother wen deh listen to who dey think with her anus I blame....

Bro, don't forget your medication oo. Your sickness don dey show face again oo
Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Dennisochampa: 8:33pm On Nov 11, 2023
koolaid87:

Bro, don't forget your medication oo. Your sickness don dey show face again oo
Tell your mum to come and give me the medications she normally gives to your dad.....
Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by koolaid87: 8:40pm On Nov 11, 2023
jedisco:

The western culture has influenced our culture for over 400 years. Same reason why you converse in English.

The most 'submissive' woman you'd encounter as a Nigerian man would be a Nigerian woman. If you still think that there is a string of 'submissive women' in other countries waiting to do your bid, then it shows you have not seen an airport.

I dont think so.

The most submissive women that have been tested are Asians and Latinos. They've been exposed to the western culture, yet, many stood to their values and morals. Most of their women are also feminine. Nigerian women have not passed through those test yet, by that, I mean living in a western country and acting right despite the laws on their sides.
Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by jedisco(m): 8:43pm On Nov 11, 2023
luminouz:

I have proven you wrong. Go hång yourself.

Your anger says it all... Mr submissive woman

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by jedisco(m): 8:45pm On Nov 11, 2023
koolaid87:

I dont think so.

The most submissive women that have been tested are Asians and Latinos. They've been exposed to the western culture, yet, many stood to their values and morals. Most of their women are also feminine. Nigerian women have not passed through those test yet, by that, I mean living in a western country and acting right despite the laws on their sides.

So why are Nigerian men not marrying those submissive Asian and Latinos?

3 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by luminouz(m): 8:50pm On Nov 11, 2023
jedisco:

Your anger says it all... Mr submissive woman
😘😘😘😘
Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by koolaid87: 8:54pm On Nov 11, 2023
jedisco:

Why not marry the many South Africans, Tanzanian or Eastern Europeans Mr Screener?

The fact you're so hung on 'submission' says alot. That would even be considered offensive in many parts.

Don't worry, there are many Chadian and Congolese ladies who are 100% submissive... go and marry

You are butt hurt because someone shared his personal experience. You're crying as it doesn't match your expectations.

Lame a55

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

When You Are Tired Of Backing Baby (photo) / Elizabeth Etete Exposes Oluwatoyin Ajiboye, Husband Who Wants To To Remarry / Married With Kids But Deeply In Love With Another Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.