Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,481 members, 7,819,753 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) (44328 Views)

Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice / Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. / Man Abandons Wife Abroad For Trading With Her Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by koolaid87: 9:05pm On Nov 11, 2023
1Sharon:

They do that because they are just not on the same wavelength of the western women that they want.

Before leaving Nigeria, most of them had grandiose ideas of women that they would date. Only to travel and become incels.

You're a joke.

Most naija Men avoid westerners because they want someone who is of the same culture. Someone who can instil their culture and values in their potential children.

Most of yll dont reason. Na to just dey type with your brain in your bum.

Where I live here, western women love naija men die. Some westerners even date naija because they knew we are rich in cultural values.

So keep your myopic opinion to yourself.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Justkatty(f): 9:07pm On Nov 11, 2023
Masterito:
I live with my wife in the UK, so does more than 10 friends of mine. Know who you dey marry first.
May your love continue to wax stronger
All these guys that are yet to travel outside their state are here typing gibberish.
I keep saying it, know who you marry
So when he or she starts showing you the other side, it won't be strange to you.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by koolaid87: 9:10pm On Nov 11, 2023
jedisco:

So why are Nigerian men not marrying those submissive Asian and Latinos?

Nigerian men prioritise women from the same country who shares similar culture and values. Even most of our parents will always warn against marrying foreigners. They want someone from your tribe and so on. The "passport Bros" are also documenting these facts and I believe our African Bro will join as time goes on.
Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by 360command: 9:15pm On Nov 11, 2023
chloride6:

No one is attacking her for her acccent, but her backward thinking
and what backward thinking did she commit? I do not see ant backwardness to what she says. She is just giving her opinion as how the world has changed when it comes to dating and relationship.
Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Mindlog: 9:16pm On Nov 11, 2023
UncleKoboko:

Another crap
That Delta girl jaz must be very strong...

No be only jazz, na R&B.
Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Mom007(f): 9:43pm On Nov 11, 2023
dominique:

That's a bloody lie! the duty of immigration officials is to check your travel documents not bestow authority on anybody. Husbands call cops on their wives in the almighty abroad and the wives get arrested if the cops confirm that she's indeed the troublemaker. Husbands file for divorce from their wives and get half of her property IF she's the higher income earner. A nairalander had to sell her house to finalise her divorce from her American husband because the courts declared that both their assets must be combined, dissolved and split into two. They were on the same income level but the house belonged to her. She had to come to Nigeria and chill for some months after the divorce stress was over. You unexposed ignorant Nigerians think women are granted some magical powers to deal with their husbands abroad when in reality there are processes their systems follow.

If you're married and by some chance your husband gets to relocate out of the country, would you give him this advice?
Thank God I am talking from experience before you will be there highlighting my comment and shouting that's a bloody lie! undecided madam exposed non ignorant American tongue
Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Meti99(m): 9:47pm On Nov 11, 2023
What this girl is saying is so understandable...
If you want to marry Yankee guy, use your money to struggle and come Yankee, or ask your father to sell his house and properties and relocate you, meet a guy and marry..
But for a man to struggle, sell his properties, make sacrifices to bring you to Europe and immediately you arrive you turned against him can be frustrating and suicidal...

Any lady a man did not make such huge sacrifice for to relocate can decide to become whatever she likes, the man won't be hurt
Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Mom007(f): 9:51pm On Nov 11, 2023
Mindlog:

The same UK immigration officers whey me and my family pass through at the airport?

Whoever told you that is bloody lying.

I never said they will not allow you pass oga, read to understand. They allowed me and my family to pass too. It is what the guy told that I am telling u. At Heathrow precisely. Dude straight up asked, is this your husband? On answering in the affirmative, said pomp and plain and clear as day," you are the authority now not him. Back in your country, he is the authority but here, you are the authority."
Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by cococandy(f): 9:56pm On Nov 11, 2023
Exactly
dominique:

In their warped minds, it's only the men that earn money and have assets. The women just do nothing but feed off the man. Such ridiculous mentality to have in 2023.

@bolded 💯💯💯
It pains them that women can be thrown out with just her luggage like it's done in Nigeria and abused women can actually get they help they need unlike here where she's asked to pray and remain submissive.
Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Maxcollins042(m): 10:05pm On Nov 11, 2023
descarado:

The way people with low self esteem throw submission around like it's a trophy.
Marriage is no longer partnership but slave and master.
If you have low self esteem, you will value submission from everybody around you including your parents.

The word is not even supposed to cone out of anybody's mouth in this era.

Unless we are in another episode of slave trade which we don't know about.

You know nothing about marriage dynamics.
Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by sourphiat: 10:13pm On Nov 11, 2023
Good day everyone, please I want to know if only one person can fill international passport guarantor form for more than one person eat the same time and the person is your family member that you bear thesame surname
Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by 43Ronin: 10:20pm On Nov 11, 2023
Mindlog:

What is the percentage of local women in that country the guy is hustling graveyard shifts would be attracted to his quality of life?

it depends bro. most people hustling graveyard shifts do it as supplemental income. most people doing graveyard at US Posts have 9-5 jobs but do it cos ÙS post in pensionable & d income helps takes care of tins like care insurance etc.. also nurses, psws make more on graveyards so
Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by 1Sharon(f): 10:49pm On Nov 11, 2023
koolaid87:

You're a joke.

Most naija Men avoid westerners because they want someone who is of the same culture. Someone who can instil their culture and values in their potential children.

Where I live here, western women love naija men die. Some westerners even date naija because they knew we are rich in cultural values.

BS. Before leaving Nigeria, alot of them had grandiose ideas about all different kinds of women that would rush them, only to become incels. Many created topics here.

It's not just any Nigerian man those women go for, they need to be rich or handsome.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by koolaid87: 11:04pm On Nov 11, 2023
1Sharon:

BS. Before leaving Nigeria, alot of them had grandiose ideas about all different kinds of women that they would date, only to become incels. Many created topics here.

It's not just any Nigerian man those women go for, they need to be rich or handsome.

Incel? Not when you have that BBC and all thanks to mother nature.

Nigerian KINGS are naturally endowed.
Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by luminouz(m): 11:08pm On Nov 11, 2023
koolaid87:

You're a joke.

Nice one. That geh no get sense. She just opened her mouth wah wah like bonga fish.
Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by luminouz(m): 11:09pm On Nov 11, 2023
koolaid87:

Incel? Not when you have that BBC and all thanks to mother nature.

Nigerian KINGS are naturally endowed.

You dey mind the mumu. I no wan talk ni so as not to say I dey put my affairs for NL. If I start story ehn, e go shock you. Nigerian men are highly prized.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by isabi2lof: 12:36am On Nov 12, 2023
Men maltreats their wives here and get away it with , so it's vice versa.

Nigeria as a country favours men while Abroad favours women.
Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Basicend: 12:48am On Nov 12, 2023
tfelicityk:
Many not accept what she said. She is being factual and entitled to her own opinion.

She speaks the truth...

People don't like truth. .

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by rugged7(m): 2:42am On Nov 12, 2023
If una know wetin we dey see 4 this abroad for women hands....
The girl is saying the truth. Those who have ears, let them hear....
Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by descarado: 4:55am On Nov 12, 2023
mikeapollo:

I disagree. Submission is not slavery. There are very successful career women who are submissive to their husbands. The point is a woman has to know and understand the kind of man that she marries. Once the man is reasonable, ge will value and appreciate the woman more if she is submissive.
It is not only African. It is Iike that in almost every other continent, except probably Europe and and the western world.
Know the meaning of submission first, then come back.

Nothing like submission in our constitution. That's how bad the word it.
People coined and ran with it from the bible especially men.
What a vile word that has caged marriage institutions for years.
Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by descarado: 5:01am On Nov 12, 2023
Maxcollins042:

You know nothing about marriage dynamics.
Maybe you are the one handling mine for me.

Delusional kids trolling on social media that is afraid to grasps the reality of life facing them and understanding that the early has moved on from the archaic principles obtainable in most Nigerian homes.
These days,anybody can cook. It's no longer the exclusiveness of women as all hands are on deck to make marriage work.
Learn to live with it or don't ever think of getting married.

They will rather run their homes as they run the country.
Shameful and cringe worthy.
Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Mindlog: 7:05am On Nov 12, 2023
Mom007:

I never said they will not allow you pass oga, read to understand. They allowed me and my family to pass too. It is what the guy told that I am telling u. At Heathrow precisely. Dude straight up asked, is this your husband? On answering in the affirmative, said pomp and plain and clear as day," you are the authority now not him. Back in your country, he is the authority but here, you are the authority."

The guy lied to you!

Any immigration officer who tells you that knows he/she can be sued for such words.
Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by chimexdnice1(m): 8:28am On Nov 12, 2023
Instead of you to advice your brother not to be lazy and unprofessional you are here talking rubbish. This just reflect how professionally lazy Nigerians are abroad. If you ain't skilled in any way, you are simply a slave abroad. Your brother is or intend to become one.
Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by chrisj2(m): 11:38am On Nov 12, 2023
Got the T-shirt!
Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Princewell2012(m): 1:09pm On Nov 12, 2023
TheRealestGuy:

So you can't go groceries or food shopping because you're a man?

Wonders shall never cease walahi grin grin grin

Make sure you don't cross Seme border with that woman cos she will show you unbridled shege!
I have my way of doing my own shopping, and I does whenever I feel like, but why should I now behave like her pastor 1 am a business man I don't even have that time going to the market but her pastor is a full time pastor so he have the whole time in the world to do so.
Even I take her her abroad she will not pass her boundry.
Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by bullabong(m): 1:17pm On Nov 12, 2023
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool how bro..

Na this one account i de use since..

Abi the name don change and I no notice am..

WTF MAN!
sure?
Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Mom007(f): 1:35pm On Nov 12, 2023
Mindlog:

The guy lied to you!

Any immigration officer who tells you that knows he/she can be sued for such words.
Na you sabi Mr man. As you can no longer argue that one didn't hear what one heard, you are now saying the guy lied, yet women are kicking their husbands out and getting them sent back often enough to warrant posts like this so who is lying to whom? The lady made her point. I second it. You are free to hold your own opinion ok, just don't try to shove it down my throat. undecided
Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Mindlog: 1:41pm On Nov 12, 2023
Mom007:

Na you sabi Mr man. As you can no longer argue that one didn't hear what one heard, you are now saying the guy lied, yet women are kicking their husbands out and getting them sent back often enough to warrant posts like this so who is lying to whom? The lady made her point. I second it. You are free to hold your own opinion ok, just don't try to shove it down my throat. undecided

Yimu. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by cococandy(f): 2:20pm On Nov 12, 2023
Mom007:

There’s no emoji for the face I’m making at this your useless lie.
Just Why?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Truths9ja: 2:30pm On Nov 12, 2023
Tunagee:

She is saying the truth.
yes soo. 100% truths

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

When You Are Tired Of Backing Baby (photo) / Elizabeth Etete Exposes Oluwatoyin Ajiboye, Husband Who Wants To To Remarry / Married With Kids But Deeply In Love With Another Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.