Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,927 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) (44294 Views)

Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice / Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. / Man Abandons Wife Abroad For Trading With Her Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Exceed15: 2:30pm On Nov 11, 2023
Truths9ja:
Why I won't allow my brother to bring his wife abroad- Nigerian lady, Arike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QHw6D1hnJA?si=OXnY7YKcNk5emUq9

I hope they listened to u o. Some men no dey hear word.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Burger01(m): 2:33pm On Nov 11, 2023
Fact..

2 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by sylve11: 2:33pm On Nov 11, 2023
Couldntfigurean:
My uncle took a village girl to the USA as a wife
After staying for years,she made friends with some women who adviced that she divorced him,She sued the man for everything he had and worth,the man died homeless in the streets of America
She told the kids that they are Americans and never lets anybody near or contact the kids

Both families(hers and her husband’s) are waiting for her in Nigeria

I don't think she will ever return to Nigeria again. cool

8 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by jedisco(m): 2:34pm On Nov 11, 2023
Mindlog:
Another crap!

Same Uncle, who when he was a Masters student was always yabbing that marrying a Nigerian woman and bringing her over to the UK is suicide mission, is now developing cold feet getting into a serious relationship and marrying one from the millions of women from different parts of the world living in the UK.....there is always an excuse! Marry a Nigerian lady based here in the UK....NO, because they are too liberated and there would be "power struggle" in the marriage! Marry an Asian lady, he came up with excuses. Marry a lady from the Caribbean, he said those ones are streets. Oya, marry a Caucasian British whey go gree for you....brother man went mute! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Its the usual talk of insulting 'Nigerian ladies' until they leave the country and go in search of the submissive oyibo.

Keep saying it- the privilege our society bequeaths to Nigerian men would not be replicated in any part of the world.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by mamawa123: 2:34pm On Nov 11, 2023
Story teller! But she herself lives abroad.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by jojothaiv(m): 2:34pm On Nov 11, 2023
ThunderFireAgba:
I didn't say anything, but within their mind they know. Guilty conscience is bad.
Watch as they will quote me.
They need not quote it's their opinions and it's the right.

But at the end, reality bite us differently. If I was in the lady shoe, I'll toe the same path too.
Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by DKM123: 2:35pm On Nov 11, 2023
Someone that obviously doesn't have sense herself is the one whose advice grown family men should follow? So she is he one to determine what happens in her brother's family.

It's how you people make popular every teenager who is jobless and bored at home because they couldn't pass WAEC and have to stay a full year doing nothing.

There are renowned intellectual and intelligent men and women who give matured advice daily but those ones will never be promoted or shared. It's always the iya basiras and the touts that make front page as advisers to you people.

4 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by NaijaCover(m): 2:36pm On Nov 11, 2023
Nawa o
Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Mindlog: 2:37pm On Nov 11, 2023
jedisco:

Its the usual talk of insulting 'Nigerian ladies' until they leave the country and go in search of the submissive oyibo

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by FireUpNow(m): 2:37pm On Nov 11, 2023
My friend who took his wife to the UK is also regretting it oo. Now he wants divorce after 22 yrs in the UK as his life is ruined by his wife.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Mindlog: 2:39pm On Nov 11, 2023
Exceed15:

I hope they listened to u o. Some men no dey hear word.

They should marry the women that are already in the Country they live in.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by jedisco(m): 2:40pm On Nov 11, 2023
cathodekazim:
The truth is the western culture is already influencing Nigerian women even here in Nigeria. The new generation of women and mothers we have are not even 10 percent submissive. Now imagine these ladies finding themselves in a country that gives women too much power. It'll surely be abused and this is more reason why Nigeria men who took their wives abroad kept regretting such decision.

The western culture has influenced our culture for over 400 years. Same reason why you converse in English.

The most 'submissive' woman you'd encounter as a Nigerian man would be a Nigerian woman. If you still think that there is a string of 'submissive women' in other countries waiting to do your bid, then it shows you have not seen an airport.

18 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by BluntCrazeMan: 2:41pm On Nov 11, 2023
Persephone1

Come and see another woman making the emphasis very clear that marriage is BUSINESS..

Men really don't see it that way.
It's mostly the women who see marriage as full-time business.

https://www.nairaland.com/7535547/why-may-not-marry-nigerian

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Princewell2012(m): 2:44pm On Nov 11, 2023
cathodekazim:
The truth is the western culture is already influencing Nigerian women even here in Nigeria. The new generation of women and mothers we have are not even 10 percent submissive. Now imagine these ladies finding themselves in a country that gives women too much power. It'll surely be abused and this is more reason why Nigeria men who took their wives abroad kept regretting such decision.
You're right this morning my wife was trying to be rude to me and I told her can your pastor wife behave in such manner, she comfortably replied me that her pastor is the one that goes to the market to buy food ingredients, so I told her what is the evidence? She said her pastor openly said it in church.
You see our women are not ready to be submissive even the so called Christians among them.
How much traveling them abroad, they can even plan your deportation.

15 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by jedisco(m): 2:44pm On Nov 11, 2023
Couldntfigurean:
After staying for years,she made friends with some women who adviced that she divorced him,She sued the man for everything he had and worth,the man died homeless in the streets of America
She told the kids that they are Americans and never lets anybody near or contact the kids

They should keep waiting and not get on with their lives. The man could have suffered same fate irrespective of who he married. Divorce rate in most western nations is approaching 50%.

6 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 11, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
Persephone1

Come and see another woman making the emphasis very clear that marriage is BUSINESS..

Men really don't see it that way.
It's mostly the women who see marriage as full-time business.

https://www.nairaland.com/7535547/why-may-not-marry-nigerian
Whole Soyinka is right. Most of you don't read and if by chance you do it is not with the intent to understand. It is the reason I didn't bother with you lots on that thread.

A simple question to you, "what is the correlation between this thread and that thread you shared it's link?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by DDota: 2:46pm On Nov 11, 2023
Save your brother the stress and advise him to marry where he is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by DrMuzungu(m): 2:47pm On Nov 11, 2023
This one needs a strong dose of c0ckomycine!
Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by GboyegaD(m): 2:47pm On Nov 11, 2023
Nigerians and clout chasing are like a siamese twin.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Iamzik: 2:47pm On Nov 11, 2023
jirol:
There is an atom of truth in what she said

Baba no be atom o. It's a whole package of truth

8 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by SpatialKing(m): 2:50pm On Nov 11, 2023
Why won't I allow my wife to join me abroad?
Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by CorperKola: 2:50pm On Nov 11, 2023
descarado:

The way people with low self esteem throw submission around like it's a trophy.
Marriage is no longer partnership but slave and master.
If you have low self esteem, you will value submission from everybody around you including your parents.

The word is not even supposed to cone out of anybody's mouth in this era.

Unless we are in another episode of slave trade which we don't know about.
Wow!
Just Wow!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Iamzik: 2:52pm On Nov 11, 2023
DKM123:
Someone that obviously doesn't have sense herself is the one whose advice grown family men should follow? So she is he one to determine what happens in her brother's family.

It's how you people make every teenager who is jobless and bored at home because they couldn't pass WAEC and have to stay a full year doing nothing until the next WAEC become popular.

There are renowned intellectual and intelligent men and women who give matured advice daily but those ones will never be promoted or shared. It's always the iya basiras and the touts that make front page as advisers to you people.

What she said is correct and I have people who are going through hell today because they came back home to marry ot brought their Jezebel wife to UK.

A woman that will not listen to you in Nigeria will kick you out of your own house in UK or US.

If you think she's lying then I cannot convince you otherwise but experience they say is the best teacher.

Marriage/love relationships are not what they used to be

13 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by id4sho(m): 2:54pm On Nov 11, 2023
Couldntfigurean:

Trenches Poor homes girls like acting like this. Sad one angry

4 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Jeboy(m): 2:54pm On Nov 11, 2023
You have every reason to fear if you are a bad man or not doing enough. Get a good woman, be a role model to her and submission and partnership will be natural.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by afadi2410: 2:54pm On Nov 11, 2023
descarado:

The way people with low self esteem throw submission around like it's a trophy.
Marriage is no longer partnership but slave and master.
If you have low self esteem, you will value submission from everybody around you including your parents.

The word is not even supposed to cone out of anybody's mouth in this era.

You are the one with low self esteem

Unless we are in another episode of slave trade which we don't know about.
Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Fiscus105(m): 2:54pm On Nov 11, 2023
I
Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by Calitoscassius(m): 2:59pm On Nov 11, 2023
Mindlog:
Another crap!

She should rather advise the brother to marry a woman in the Country where he resides, make person hear word!

If the brother is a prize, make the women in that country rush am!

I told one here in the UK, you already have the skilled worker visa that is a sure pathway to British citizenship, then he should be open to marrying a lady already here in the UK with her own papers, so none would accuse each other of being in the relationship because of papers.

Same Uncle, who when he was a Masters student was always yabbing that marrying a Nigerian woman and bringing her over to the UK is suicide mission, is now developing cold feet getting into a serious relationship and marrying one from the millions of women from different parts of the world living in the UK.....there is always an excuse! Marry a Nigerian lady based here in the UK....NO, because they are too liberated and there would be "power struggle" in the marriage! Marry an Asian lady, he came up with excuses. Marry a lady from the Caribbean, he said those ones are streets. Oya, marry a Caucasian British whey go gree for you....brother man went mute! cheesy cheesy cheesy

His WhatsApp status, regularly have pictures of a particular Nigerian lady who I guess is based in Delta State based on the taxis I have seen in the background, he is already talking about getting an apartment that is bigger....I still dey observe. cheesy cheesy cheesy

That one is a confused goon, maybe he should marry himself, grin who marriage help? Me wey don born pikin in South Africa, born pikin for Miami, born another one here for East London E17. Alla dem get different mama, Jamaican, Oyibo and Mozambique women.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by TheBillyonaire: 3:00pm On Nov 11, 2023
It is basically a curse for an economic migrant, because even if you leave your wife in Nigeria while hustling abroad, sex urge is always calling and it is only a matter of time. Someone is going to get fuccked.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by aswani(m): 3:00pm On Nov 11, 2023
One story I will never get tired of retelling, that I read here on Nairaland, on this matter sums things up perfectly.

Guy from the US that God has blessed through his hard work goes back home to Nigeria to marry.

Brings the woman to the US and not long after buys an SUV for himself and a normal car for Anti.

From that moment on, the woman started causing him serious problems in the house because he didn't buy SUV for her too.

The thought of her also working hard to be able to buy SUV for herself never crossed the entitled Madams mind.

The woman in the video not wanting her brother to marry a woman in Nigeria nd bringing her over is right.

12 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) by luminouz(m): 3:00pm On Nov 11, 2023
Another one.😉😉😉😉😉

Magnolia, sharon1

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Don't Leave Your Man For Having Too Many Partners: Man Advises Women. (photos) / 'Doctors Told My Wife She Can't Conceive A Baby But Look At Us Now'. Photos / When You Are Tired Of Backing Baby (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.