Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,046 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? (17275 Views)

When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? / Ladies, What's Your Definition Of A Handsome Man? / What's Your Definition Of A Broke Guy Or Lady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by iamjavadem(m): 9:14am On Nov 13, 2023
It's a fairy tale. The sooner you know the better.

1 Like

Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by oloshun(m): 9:15am On Nov 13, 2023
Magnoliaa:

This confusion is confusioning my head.

Stay at the back seat, but operate from the passenger seat?? ?? ??

That is the passenger from the back seat. Lol
Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by Nahunger(m): 9:15am On Nov 13, 2023
obinna58:

You’re a definition of non submissive woman

Op here lies your answer
If she behaves like
magnoliaa
Jennyclay
kobojunkie
Siofra
Goodlady
IconicR

You won’t last 5months in the marriage

Most times the boyfriend these girls are are busy calling broke is doing better than their 3 elder brothers combined 🤷‍♂️

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by kokomilala(m): 9:16am On Nov 13, 2023
God's Standard For Submission

If you're looking for what submission means look no further than 1Peter 3:1-7.

It's a serious matter before God.
Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by rapheal5(m): 9:17am On Nov 13, 2023
PStacks:
I don't even want a submissive woman.

I just want a woman that won't cause troubles and unnecessary dramas and all..

I don't want an insecure woman dragging with me trying to super impose on Me.

I am not dragging anything with you, why allow ur insecurities make u drag with me

I just want a Live and let live kind of woman..

That is never too much to ask but women of nowadays na witches Dem be.

Before u talk one, Dem don talk 20.

Feminism is a growing cancer.
Brother na see finish, it takes result to cancel insult... You need to hold better money...
Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by Clinghton: 9:17am On Nov 13, 2023
A woman that obeys her husband's decision, in a situation when the husband makes a wrong decision she tells him subtly.

The way you reprimand him is very important.
Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by Ttipsy(f): 9:18am On Nov 13, 2023
Ask feminists

Lol
Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by sonofthunder: 9:18am On Nov 13, 2023
CandidAdmin:
One keeps hearing from the men on NL that they want a submissive woman. Almost every thread about relationships and marriage has that word.

Now, over to the men, what's your definition of submissive?
Is it that when you say A, she must obey and not say B?
Or she shouldn't even give her opinion at all?
Or her choices and prefrences don't matter at all just because you want something?

Men!!! Let's discuss.

Question of the day - True or false, Responsibility without Authority is Slavery?

So you want us to define a submissive woman, then gave us your own definitions that we must choose from.

E make sense for your eye?
Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by Quebec91(m): 9:19am On Nov 13, 2023
cheesy
Magnoliaa:

This confusion is confusioning my head.

Stay at the back seat, but operate from the passenger seat?? ?? ??
Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by gabbytabby: 9:19am On Nov 13, 2023
Woman just choose a man you know you can handover your salary to and you know he will do right by you and the family.

I am not saying you should handover your salary but that you can knowing him be onye gburugburu (overall king of your castle) Him no go even collect.

zed7:
A submissive woman is not the one who only listens to her man because he provides for her, a true submissive woman is one who knows that even though she can afford everything by herself, she chooses to humble herself and listen to the man because she recognises she's a helper and not the captain.

Submissiveness doesn't mean you're a fool, but you choose to be respectful, because you know that you're a woman and a man is the head of the relationship.

1 Like

Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by MirrorofChrist: 9:19am On Nov 13, 2023
Submissive woman obey God's Word, she doesn't handle her husband but allow her husband to handle her smiley.

The virtue of a good woman is not limited to submissiveness, yet it's all about it, because it gives birth to others in Proverb. 31:10-31.

Women know how to make things work if they want to, but giant in them makes them to behave otherwise
Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by dbestcno(m): 9:20am On Nov 13, 2023
Lady wey get sense and isn't ready to listen to those fake feminists. Lady that is ready to treat marital issues only with me
Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by drimzsmoke(m): 9:22am On Nov 13, 2023
CandidAdmin:
One keeps hearing from the men on NL that they want a submissive woman. Almost every thread about relationships and marriage has that word.

Or her choices and prefrences don't matter at all just because you want something?

Men!!! Let's discuss.

Question of the day - True or false, Responsibility without Authority is Slavery?

A woman who has power but doesn't throw it in your face!!!

1 Like

Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by sheriffindy(m): 9:23am On Nov 13, 2023
And your mother too.
Jeon:
A woman like their mother, period!.
Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by Myer(m): 9:25am On Nov 13, 2023
zed7:
A submissive woman is not the one who only listens to her man because he provides for her, a true submissive woman is one who knows that even though she can afford everything by herself, she chooses to humble herself and listen to the man because she recognises she's a helper and not the captain.

Submissiveness doesn't mean you're a fool, but you choose to be respectful, because you know that you're a woman and a man is the head of the relationship.

Scripturally, a woman was created to help the man. God made man the leader.
The moment Eve decided to lead, she disobeyed God's instruction and caused mankind to fall.
The man was cursed to experience hardship to feed. She was cursed to experience birth pangs and for to be forcefully ruled by the man.
Which is why once a woman falls in love with a man, she is a complete mumu for him. And he knows it and most men take advantage of this.

But a saved woman is no longer under the curse in Christ. In fact, there's no more male or female (Gal 3:28).
Submission becomes an attribute all believers have towards God and the Word of God and it's commands.
The Word of God says we (all believers) should be submissive to one another regardless of male or female, pastor or evangelist or apostle or prophet or teacher or new convert. We however honor those who labor for our souls the apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers and evangelists (leaders).

And finally there always has to be a leader who is held accountable.
Christ is the Leader (Head) of us all according tot the Word of God.
The Husband is the Head of the Home.
Parents are the heads of the children till they are leaders/accountable themselves.

Our relationship is as the relationship of God the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit.
God is Father is the Head, then the Word (Son) of God, then the Holy Spirit. Co-equals but with their different functions.
The Word (Son) only declares what the Father says, and the Holy Spirit only declares what the Word (Son) says. John 16:13-15

I know this is a bit much but I hope it helps.
Basically, Submissiveness is only fruitful from a godly woman to a godly man who have both Submitted to the Word of God. Ephesians 5:22-23
God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by mukthar2000(m): 9:26am On Nov 13, 2023
This is just a very simple techniques for any good house wife that would make her always happy in life and having successful children's.

* Obey ur husband
*Don't argue with him
*know his does and don't
*satisfy his wish

But some ladies thinking about being submissive to husband is idea of slavery.

1 Like

Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by RepoMan007: 9:27am On Nov 13, 2023
The only uprising Nigerians know now is when their cup of garri is rising up. Any other one is highly improbable.
Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by PStacks(m): 9:29am On Nov 13, 2023
rapheal5:
Brother na see finish, it takes result to cancel insult... You need to hold better money...

Na the talk you talk finish so..

Better Money Ooo..

But any woman with you because of money no be the right woman...

U see say this world no balance.

If u hold bar and woman dey submissive and respectful to you, no be u she respect, na the money..

It's then safe to say a Man without money is of no material value to a woman.

Hustle Oooo! Make woman no see you finish.
Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by Antoeni(m): 9:31am On Nov 13, 2023
BBW, Chubby Big Yansh & Breast ,
Something Like This , They Are Usually Submissive to The Core

Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by EhisChelsea1(m): 9:33am On Nov 13, 2023
obinna58:

You’re a definition of non submissive woman

Op here lies your answer
If she behaves like
magnoliaa
Jennyclay
kobojunkie
Siofra
Goodlady
IconicR

You won’t last 5months in the marriage

On the contrary, I think such ladies who are bold, intelligent, self conscious and question the status quo last longer in, and ENJOY meaningful and peaceful marriages….reason being that, (I) they are not in a hurry to move in with an egoistic, myopic man who chose to focus only on Ephesians 5:22 without seeing Verse 21. (ii) when they eventually say Yes to a man, it will be to an intelligent and open minded man who truly understands biblical stance, and the dynamics of modern realities.

…….and besides, “if the two shall become ONE (one inseparable entity)”, and “there is neither male nor female”, “the same Lord, lord over them all”, “He created them both in his image and likeness” why is one party so concern about control and dominating and being the boss?

7 Likes

Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by udemzyudex(m): 9:35am On Nov 13, 2023
Respect.
Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by PStacks(m): 9:35am On Nov 13, 2023
One Girl leave America come find me for Abuja. We date 2019, Corona 2020.

The girl na Local Nigerian Girl wey turn American Citizen Oo.

Guess wetin this girl tell me...

She say of she marry me, "She is doing me a Favour".. I shock.

I look my leg, e no cut.
I look my hand e no cut.

I tall, I handsome, I fine,I get Like 4 babes for Naija, One witch one for enslave me all because of American Papers

I tell her make she sholve the American Papers up her Ass..

Another Witch Girl tell me say, "I Can not Marry a Man I can not Control".

I finally gave up on women Oo..

Now na Only Knack I dey knack and 3 Baby Mama's be my plan.

Nothing Man gain for Marriage.

Marriage is designed to favour and benefit only Women..

This is why we have so many Grandmothers and few Grandfathers.

The Man wares Out and dies Young..

This life too sweet Ooo abeg..

I can't let any useless woman Kill me quick.

Make Dem keep their Submissiveness abeg

I can submit to myself.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by rapheal5(m): 9:36am On Nov 13, 2023
PStacks:

Na the talk you talk finish so..

Better Money Ooo..

But any woman with you because of money no be the right woman...

U see say this world no balance.

If u hold bar and woman dey submissive and respectful to you, no be u she respect, na the money..

It's then safe to say a Man without money is of no material value to a woman.

Hustle Oooo! Make woman no see you finish.
Women are materialistic in nature that's how they built their brain...You can't have a happy home if you are a broke man in this part of the world

3 Likes

Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by LaJoe2: 9:36am On Nov 13, 2023

Its not deep.
Its just simply respecting your Husband as the Head/Leader/Boss/Master of your life and home subject to the authority of CHRIST or subject to the things that are pleasing to GOD.
Do not see yourself as a slave but as a supportive junior assistant working towards the common goal of the prosperity of your relationship and family. Kapish!

1 Like

Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by sweetkev(m): 9:37am On Nov 13, 2023
pussyphilia:
Men should be the submissive partners to women in marriage because women make better decisions than men so it'll be much more beneficial to the family and society if the mantle of leadership in the home rests with wives.

Men are only meant to work and bring home bread and money for the wife to run the family with.

Nofsaid.
A mumu simp spotted tongue

1 Like

Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by Breadwinner(m): 9:39am On Nov 13, 2023
Magnoliaa:

And she doesn't provide for her man? And what kind of provision sef are you talking? Money? House? Properties? There are women who have one or more of these...where should submission come in here?

Why are you jumping between points? Is submission about provision or listening or it's about provision and listening together?

And if you're saying submission is hinged on a woman affording everything for herself but choosing to hold back, then it is in direction contradiction to the first part of your comment that insinuates that a man provides for a woman. You realise there's a difference between providing for someone and someone allowing you to provide?

Now if you're preaching that a woman should allow a man to provide for her even when she has her own resources, do you agree with women who say, "his money is our money, and my money is my money?"

All of these things you've described...why is it not okay for a man to do same for a woman? I mean, they're good, positive behsviours, right? Listening to someone, treating them with humility, allowing them to take care of you? And what qualifies a man to be a captain?

So in one word submission is respect? Why can the husband and wife, both of them, not show the same respect to each other? Would a man be a fool if he submits to his wife?

In my opinion, the greatest submission a man can do is to ask for your hand in marriage. That ultimately signifies he is putting his future and that of his offspring in your care. The truth is a woman has huge impact on the direction the future of her husband and children will go, a woman can destroy and also build. It's not easy for a man to destroy especially in a case where the woman brough nothing into the union in the first place. A man is most likely to build a woman up likely in a direction that favours him of course but that matter little since he is the head. What I think is the problem now is, most women have their own plan which might not favor the husband sometimes but they still want him to contribute to achieving of that plan, that's when the fight starts and she stops being submissive.

1 Like

Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by Angelfrost(m): 9:39am On Nov 13, 2023
It's not about anyone's definition...

Submission is an English word with a specific and general meaning.

If a man is insisting on a submissive wife, and a woman can't walk that line, then she should tell him off... Same way, if a woman is insisting on a wealthy husband, and a man can't financially cut it, he should look elsewhere.

Every stream knows its level.

You people should quit this nonsense gender war over marriage positions and demands.

Do the one that suits you... Live and let live.

Most of you enjoy making your lives complicated, and trying to complicate the lives of others... This is the very same issue I have with those clowns that claim to be Atheists.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by zedegit: 9:39am On Nov 13, 2023
CandidAdmin:

Men!!! Let's discuss.

Not that she doesn't have her own mind but she's humble, loyal and respectful.
Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by Maxxim: 9:41am On Nov 13, 2023
Your husband is superior than you're
Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by firearcher: 9:41am On Nov 13, 2023
Like the relationship between a ship captain and the assistant captain.
They have the same goal but different and similar roles.

The assistant captain knows she shares responsibility for the safety of the crew and passengers and the overall success of the journey but also recognises and accepts that she does not have full and final authority. The buck stops at the captain's table. The captain has the final say.

The assistant supports, advises, disagrees and recommends with tact and diplomacy. No matter how influential, wealthy or connected she is, she has to defer to the captain and respect him.

That's the closest way to explain it

2 Likes

Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by EhisChelsea1(m): 9:42am On Nov 13, 2023
Albertone:

Highly laughable.

Gen 3:16
Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire [shall be] to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

That is God talking to the first woman to ever exist.

I think here actually lies the answer we seek. We can deduce from this biblical verse that UNTIL this moment, the DESIRE of the woman was not the man and the wan was NOT ruling over the woman….they were equals…

….BUT from this moment upward, the Man was PLACED over the woman and the woman HAD TO submit and be subjected to the man’s lordship…..biblically speaking from this curse verdict placed by God himself…..

….HOWEVER, Jesus came and PAID the PRICE and REDEEMED BOTH MAN AND WOMAN from THIS CURSE placed by God as a result of the fall of man…..

….now, DOES IT MAKE ANY BIBLICAL SENSE that the woman should continue to be under that curse verdict EVEN AFTER Jesus has paid the price for her redemption?

Does it make sense at all?
Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by zedegit: 9:44am On Nov 13, 2023
zed7:

They are very few and much fewer in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Best Way To Break-up With Someone You Are Tired Of? / Russian Man Gets Stuck While Having Sex With A Married Woman (Photos) / Do Men Want Skinny Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.