Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,275 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? (17312 Views)

When Single Ladies Choose To Cohabit With Men, What Goes Through Their Mind? / Ladies, What's Your Definition Of A Handsome Man? / What's Your Definition Of A Broke Guy Or Lady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by 11doubledee: 10:33am On Nov 13, 2023
An understanding and supportive woman.
Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by na2016: 10:35am On Nov 13, 2023
Submission is relative and to most men, it means "control".
Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by Tommydare(m): 10:37am On Nov 13, 2023
Women make better decisions than men Who told you that? Women that easily get emotional? It's only when they want to manipulate men.
pussyphilia:
Men should be the submissive partners to women in marriage because women make better decisions than men so it'll be much more beneficial to the family and society if the mantle of leadership in the home rests with wives.

Men are only meant to work and bring home bread and money for the wife to run the family with.

Nofsaid.

1 Like

Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by kiddkash(m): 10:40am On Nov 13, 2023
Magnoliaa:

And she doesn't provide for her man? And what kind of provision sef are you talking? Money? House? Properties? There are women who have one or more of these...where should submission come in here?

Why are you jumping between points? Is submission about provision or listening or it's about provision and listening together?

And if you're saying submission is hinged on a woman affording everything for herself but choosing to hold back, then it is in direction contradiction to the first part of your comment that insinuates that a man provides for a woman. You realise there's a difference between providing for someone and someone allowing you to provide?

Now if you're preaching that a woman should allow a man to provide for her even when she has her own resources, do you agree with women who say, "his money is our money, and my money is my money?"

All of these things you've described...why is it not okay for a man to do same for a woman? I mean, they're good, positive behsviours, right? Listening to someone, treating them with humility, allowing them to take care of you? And what qualifies a man to be a captain?

So in one word submission is respect? Why can the husband and wife, both of them, not show the same respect to each other? Would a man be a fool if he submits to his wife?
The president is called servant of the country, but he can never sleep under bridge. It is always at the presidential lodge
Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by Najdorf: 11:02am On Nov 13, 2023
Magnoliaa:

And she doesn't provide for her man? And what kind of provision sef are you talking? Money? House? Properties? There are women who have one or more of these...where should submission come in here?

Why are you jumping between points? Is submission about provision or listening or it's about provision and listening together?

And if you're saying submission is hinged on a woman affording everything for herself but choosing to hold back, then it is in direction contradiction to the first part of your comment that insinuates that a man provides for a woman. You realise there's a difference between providing for someone and someone allowing you to provide?

Now if you're preaching that a woman should allow a man to provide for her even when she has her own resources, do you agree with women who say, "his money is our money, and my money is my money?"

All of these things you've described...why is it not okay for a man to do same for a woman? I mean, they're good, positive behsviours, right? Listening to someone, treating them with humility, allowing them to take care of you? And what qualifies a man to be a captain?

So in one word submission is respect? Why can the husband and wife, both of them, not show the same respect to each other? Would a man be a fool if he submits to his wife?
You have some of the worst English comprehension I've seen on this website. What the person you quoted wrote is extremely clear except you chose to twist it up and down.
Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by Charly68: 11:03am On Nov 13, 2023
Honestly the principle of submission is a mutual matter. Since marriage is a reciprocal interdependence relationship ,a time will come that husbdand need to listen to voice of his wife if things must work.. in a similar manner ,the wife must listen and agree with the opinion of her husband on critical matters as well. Marriage is a not a master servant relationship. It is a mutual companionship ..
Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by Dpaulie(m): 11:07am On Nov 13, 2023
My wife
Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by aydgov: 11:08am On Nov 13, 2023
WHEN SHE TAKES INSTRUCTIONS & CORRECTIONS RESPONSIBLY FROM HER HUSBAND.
Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by Najdorf: 11:11am On Nov 13, 2023
Albertone:

See, this matter no really hard like that.

Just marry your type. If you want to be kneeling down to serve your husband food, marry a man that wants that.
If you want to be sending your husband to wash your underwear, marry a man that can do that.

All these your questions no really necessary.
Simple. You've hit the nail on the head.
Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by Emmanuel30a: 11:25am On Nov 13, 2023
CandidAdmin:
One keeps hearing from the men on NL that they want a submissive woman. Almost every thread about relationships and marriage has that word.

Now, over to the men, what's your definition of submissive?
Is it that when you say A, she must obey and not say B?
Or she shouldn't even give her opinion at all?
Or her choices and prefrences don't matter at all just because you want something?

Men!!! Let's discuss.

Question of the day - True or false, Responsibility without Authority is Slavery?
Dindinrin shut up your mouth or shut up your dirty dirty mouth...plenty dirty mouth or dirty plenty mouth...
Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by Geovanni412(m): 11:27am On Nov 13, 2023
Magnoliaa:

A smart CEO listens to his employees and takes tips from them

A smart man listens to his wife and knows when to follow her advice

Sometimes, his woman may notice sth off about a potential business partner.

If the man is stubborn and chooses to deal with him., he may end up with major financial losses.

Being submissive is about showing respect and knowing how to make your point.

If a lady shows more respect in talking to her office superiors more than she does to her husband, then she is clearly doing it wrong.

Her husband, deserves the same level of respect except if he is failing in his duties

If the latter is the case, then she should leave such a toxic relationship.

1 Like

Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by Rick9(m): 11:28am On Nov 13, 2023
God-fearing

Respectful

Caring

Kind-hearted

Do these and you have gotten me and you have touched my soft spot. The way I would treat you so well ehn, You will not begin to imagine it.
Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by Rick9(m): 11:29am On Nov 13, 2023
Don't love me much, just Respect me and see me as your overlord and you have won my heart.

Not the one I will be talking and you will be talking also. I can't stand pride in a woman, I just can't.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by Wallade(m): 11:31am On Nov 13, 2023
epainos:
This thread shows me that Nigerian men are not preparing towards the days our law will favor women more. Ok. Let them be looking for submissive wives they want to put in the back seat. They will only frustrate themselves cos it will happen soon.

That day will not come, except you separate the North from Nigeria and remove the Moslems from Nigeria. That is very impossible.
Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by MasterteeOga: 11:32am On Nov 13, 2023
[quote author=Magnoliaa post=126912654]

Is your papa submissive to your mama?
Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by makazona(m): 11:35am On Nov 13, 2023
A submissive woman/wife is that woman who understands that there has to be only one person driving a car though she can make suggestions on the route the driver may go through.

We have private discussions (where she will air her opinions) and we agree on the next move. The world may see the man executing the agreement. But the wife knows that it's their joint effort.

A submissive woman will never correct or scold the husband in the public.

I will also say that: some women are not submissive because of the kind of husband they married.
Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by Wallade(m): 11:36am On Nov 13, 2023
Yinkaolola:

Even if the husband is on the wrong side, he has the final say? Even if he is making an obviously wrong decision, does he also have the final say? I just want to know.

There is a way to correct your husband without making him feel terrible, despised, disrespected or scolded.

There is a way to direct him towards the decision that you prefer and he will take the decision as you wish with pleasure.
Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by kaywhy09(m): 11:38am On Nov 13, 2023
She carry all her money give me..

And she no ask me for money. cool.

Hope I've answered your question
Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by Deepthoughts: 11:38am On Nov 13, 2023
CandidAdmin:
One keeps hearing from the men on NL that they want a submissive woman. Almost every thread about relationships and marriage has that word.

Or her choices and prefrences don't matter at all just because you want something?

Men!!! Let's discuss.

Question of the day - True or false, Responsibility without Authority is Slavery?
To me a submissive woman is that woman that obeys her husband's instructions but respectfully gives reason(s) when n where she objects to her husband's instructions.unlike women that would disobey their husbands without giving any reason n challenge the husband to do his worse,they are often outrightly rude n uncontrollable but turns around to claim victims.
Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by Wallade(m): 11:43am On Nov 13, 2023
omoharry:
I tell you ! See them flying all over the place like birds .

Is that all you see on this thread?
Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by ItisWell22(f): 11:48am On Nov 13, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

The only verse in the bible that determines ones fate and takes everyone to paradise: women be submissive to your husbands.

According to Nigerian men. No other men are so hung up on it.

They don't like the one verse that actually determines their fate: any man who cannot provide for his family is worse than an infidel.

God bless you! 🙏🤲

1 Like

Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by Jamie1000: 11:49am On Nov 13, 2023
A traditional woman that knows her right and knows her place and recognises her husband as head.
Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by Magnoliaa(f): 11:55am On Nov 13, 2023
Najdorf:
You have some of the worst English comprehension I've seen on this website.

Awwnnn. I don't really understand your English as well, but this is such an honour. grin

2 Likes

Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by Magnoliaa(f): 11:59am On Nov 13, 2023
Geovanni412:
Being submissive is about showing respect and knowing how to make your point.

And there's still nothing gender-specific about this, so I wonder why it's always an advice directed at women.

3 Likes

Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by Sharatan(m): 12:00pm On Nov 13, 2023
Be humble towards your husband and always protects his interests in any given situation. In other words, a ride-or-die wife.

Whether he is the breadwinner or he’s not well to do, he’s still the man and should be valued as such.

There’s something desperately appealing about a woman who has these qualities. It makes the man feel respected and once a man feels fully respected in a relationship, he will do whatever he will to respect and keep you too.
Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by Advancedman(m): 12:06pm On Nov 13, 2023
CandidAdmin:

Men!!! Let's discuss.

Wise woman.
Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by Wallade(m): 12:09pm On Nov 13, 2023
Magnoliaa:

And there's still nothing gender-specific about this, so I wonder why it's always an advice directed at women.

It is not gender specific however, every successful organization has hierarchy. In the home, the norm is that the man is the chief captain, the wife is the assistant captain while the children are players.

It is only expected that respect flows within this line of authority, top to bottom. Essentially, where conflicting views arise, the husband's will should stand out of respect.

Men are expected to be submissive to their bosses, male or female. Men are expected to be submissive to elders, their fathers and mothers. Men are expected to be respectful to their wife and children but never to be submissive to his wife and children.

2 Likes

Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by obinna58(m): 12:12pm On Nov 13, 2023
tollyboy5:

My little findings. Goodlady na man grin
Na hustling boy wey dey do local. I carry the picture go check on am omo i surprise lol.
For real? Make I see the pics
Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by Timtellect: 12:13pm On Nov 13, 2023
Magnoliaa:

If I asked you to oblige me on your Christian journey and faith now, you will chicken out like your fellow guy above. If I asked you if you've had a personal experience with Jesus Christ, I doubt if you'll have something reasonable to tell me.

When you got saved? When you got baptised - both in Spirit and in water? Or how diligent you've followed the Great Commission?

Your moniker alone itself is sus.

Because you want to take the Bible on what it says about marriage, meanwhile you probably haven't taken other things it says about salvation, condemnation, etc., as truth.

Can i send you an email?
Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by Magnoliaa(f): 12:21pm On Nov 13, 2023
Tommydare:
The society, the holy books demandsociety that a woman should be submissive to her husband and that's it.

The same society used to deem twins as evil. The society has many taboos and regulations for people from don't look into a mirror at night to not sitting on a mortar or drawing lines on the floor with a stick. With the exception of societal sanctions that protect humans' lives and dignity, every other norms are relative. You can choose to break them, but there'll be no physical punishment for it. And they're not necessarily right.

On the holy books part, I will ask you for a personal evidence. When you tell me how much of a spiritually devout person you are, I may consider listening to you on submission, 'cause I am not accepting y'alls cherrypicking. grin

1 Like

Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by okrikaboi: 12:39pm On Nov 13, 2023
Men just want respect and head
Re: Men!!! What's Your Definition Of A Submissive Woman? by Magnoliaa(f): 12:39pm On Nov 13, 2023
cococandy:
They be saying so many words and not making any sense. Ask them for practical examples and it’s crickets. Mute. lipsrsealed

Because in real life it doesn’t make sense

Honestly. Ask them what submission is and they'll tell you the most basic, prerequisite interpersonal qualities for a successful marriage that husband and wife should both have.

Ask them what not being submissive is and they'll describe a badly behaved woman, which is simply her temperament and that nobody, not her family or children or boss should put up with.

They'll bring the definitions of other things and be substituting it for submission.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

. / Whats The Intent Of Asking If He Or She Lives Alone Or With Parents.!!! / My Encounter With A Virgin Last Night... Tho She's Been Penetrated. Once Be4.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.