Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,835 members, 7,828,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Fake Transfer From A Rider - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fake Transfer From A Rider (18009 Views)

Bike Rider Spotted Towing An 18-Seater Bus With His Motorcycle In Lagos (Video) / My Journey So Far As A Keke Rider... / Uber Apologizes For Charging A Rider Over $14,000 For A Few Minutes Ride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by AntiMen: 9:47pm On Nov 13, 2023
For even bragging about their crimes to your face..

Get them arrested.
Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by imagrg(m): 9:47pm On Nov 13, 2023
Arrest them now please!
Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by obaidan: 9:48pm On Nov 13, 2023
if it wont cost u much...get them arrested...teach them a lesson
Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by jgbemson1: 9:49pm On Nov 13, 2023
Please arrest them to caution others doing fake transfer
Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by alobright17(m): 9:49pm On Nov 13, 2023
peretei2024:
My fellow Nairalanders,

Please help me look into this before I swing into action so people will not say am a bad man.

Yesterday being Sunday, I decided to use my car on Uber so to make extra income. There is this lady I picked( 1:13pm) from Egbeda to Command road and the fare happens to be #4,500.

Actually when we got to her final destination, it was her boyfriend who came out to do the transfer, and he show me the receipt of the transfer but I never got the money, so immediately I throw his attention that I didn't receive the money because the account I actually gave him was Opay, and Opay doesn't waste time to receive money . So the guy told me he doesn't have any money again that the only money he had was what they removed from his account. So I should wait till 6pm if I didn't get the money then I should let him know, and at that moment I don't have any fuel to move around again but because I don't want to look wicked, so I decided to give him that respect.

Around 6pm, I chatted the guy and he said how come I have not gotten the money. So he said he call his bank and get bank to me, at that moment I was already hot big time. So he didn't get bank to me, I had to chat him again after 10mins. He then replied that the bank said they will reverse back the money to his account after 24hrs that I should wait because he doesn't have 1kobo on him. At that point I knew these people are looking for my trouble. I actually have the link to arrest them without going to his house. I have link to the Commissioner of Police Lagos State, I only pity them because they will parade them as scammers and it going to be a big case.

At about 8pm last night( yesterday..12th November, 2023) , this same guy who claims he doesn't have 1kobo in his account, placed a request on the app to get a driver, I immediately screenshot it from the app and share with them only the lady to reply me that Im harassing her with my messages. She said the guy is going to bank this morning and once the bank confirm that the money hasn't left the bank that they will resend the money back to me. She even called me a thief by saying"" who knows if the money is not with me sef ""

Please guys advice me, should I get them arrested? Am trying to take this seriously so this Country will be a safe place for everyone

Please I need a matured advice.

I'm pretty sure the guy knew is a fake alert while the olodo girl didn't know .

Don't waste much time in dealing with them because ignorance is not an excuse. Besides trying to collect your money for a service rendered is never a wicked act ,so next time keep emotions out of business like transportation where you buy fuel cash and carry spare parts cash and carry e.t.c .

My one cent .

2 Likes

Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by GoodGovernance: 9:49pm On Nov 13, 2023
peretei2024:
My fellow Nairalanders,

Please help me look into this before I swing into action so people will not say am a bad man.

Yesterday being Sunday, I decided to use my car on Uber so to make extra income. There is this lady I picked( 1:13pm) from Egbeda to Command road and the fare happens to be #4,500.

Actually when we got to her final destination, it was her boyfriend who came out to do the transfer, and he show me the receipt of the transfer but I never got the money, so immediately I throw his attention that I didn't receive the money because the account I actually gave him was Opay, and Opay doesn't waste time to receive money . So the guy told me he doesn't have any money again that the only money he had was what they removed from his account. So I should wait till 6pm if I didn't get the money then I should let him know, and at that moment I don't have any fuel to move around again but because I don't want to look wicked, so I decided to give him that respect.

Around 6pm, I chatted the guy and he said how come I have not gotten the money. So he said he call his bank and get bank to me, at that moment I was already hot big time. So he didn't get bank to me, I had to chat him again after 10mins. He then replied that the bank said they will reverse back the money to his account after 24hrs that I should wait because he doesn't have 1kobo on him. At that point I knew these people are looking for my trouble. I actually have the link to arrest them without going to his house. I have link to the Commissioner of Police Lagos State, I only pity them because they will parade them as scammers and it going to be a big case.

At about 8pm last night( yesterday..12th November, 2023) , this same guy who claims he doesn't have 1kobo in his account, placed a request on the app to get a driver, I immediately screenshot it from the app and share with them only the lady to reply me that Im harassing her with my messages. She said the guy is going to bank this morning and once the bank confirm that the money hasn't left the bank that they will resend the money back to me. She even called me a thief by saying"" who knows if the money is not with me sef ""

Please guys advice me, should I get them arrested? Am trying to take this seriously so this Country will be a safe place for everyone

Take caution before jumping into conclusion. N4,500 is too small for scam.

Delays do happen in transfer reversals. It has happened to me many times.

The guy probably wanted to match transactions, rather than giving you another money, when the initial failed transaction had not been reversed.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by Herkim(m): 9:50pm On Nov 13, 2023
Bros am average Nigerians are not trustworthy.

It's better y tskthhake um
Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by MorataFC: 9:50pm On Nov 13, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by jgbemson1: 9:51pm On Nov 13, 2023
You are right ...

alobright17:

I'm pretty sure the guy knew is a fake alert while the olodo girl didn't know .

Don't waste much time in dealing with them because ignorance is not an excuse. Besides trying to collect your money for a service rendered is never a wicked act ,so next time keep emotions out of business like transportation where you buy fuel cash and carry spare parts cash and carry e.t.c .

My one cent .
Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by Gidigrav(m): 9:51pm On Nov 13, 2023
Arrested them you still asking questions
Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by Zardex(m): 9:51pm On Nov 13, 2023
Op get dem arrested asap. Do everything with immediate effect.
Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by CEPHAS101: 9:52pm On Nov 13, 2023
[My brother abeg take the matter up... I am sure it will serve as deterrent to all those fools out there thinking dey can be using fake alert to operate... Don't wait for their days to be numbered....E get many why]My fellow Nairalanders,

[/quote]
Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by mastermaestro(m): 9:52pm On Nov 13, 2023
Imagine hustling a hardworking hustler. Na better beating fit that thief. angry
Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by henrimoto(m): 9:55pm On Nov 13, 2023
Foodqueen:
The more you wait, the more it becomes more difficult.
.. Imagine! You claim not to have any other cash on you and the amount you transfered was your last money ..yet, you ask your woman to take Uber come see you.

@OP, are you new in Lagos ni abi how?

Dey there, from 24rhs, another 7 days story go enter am.

See the yeye lady wey dey call you thief, she go be one of this hungry ladies walking up and down the streets of Lagos.

You are asking us if you should wait abi na what to do!..

4 Likes

Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by olamilarks(m): 9:56pm On Nov 13, 2023
peretei2024:
My fellow Nairalanders,

Fear Egbeda and Ipaja passengers on rideshare apps. Na so one carry my 8k since 2020.
Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by saveman91(m): 9:57pm On Nov 13, 2023
Don't waste time go arrest both of them is either the guy na yahoo boy
Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by frog12: 9:58pm On Nov 13, 2023
next time collect only CASH
Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by UptownVibes(m): 10:00pm On Nov 13, 2023
Arrest the bastatds and when start pleading don't listen. Sue them if possible and make them pay damages that can buy you another corolla. The girl even called you a thief.

2 Likes

Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by Mhizzard(m): 10:00pm On Nov 13, 2023
Chispa:
you are too dull, like a simp. Arrest the batstards. Thiefnubuu built Lagos to groom scammer's. Nonsense.
upon quoting all what the guy wrote,yet you said trash

1 Like

Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by ggood: 10:02pm On Nov 13, 2023
peretei2024:
My fellow Nairalanders,

brother why are you like this in this Era of criminality, first of all since ur doing business u suppose to have Mobile app , you have to see the money first before you allow them to leave, I don't trust anyone in terms of money
Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by Incredible128: 10:03pm On Nov 13, 2023
There's a thread for uber/bolt drivers on nairaland, I feel if you had been in it/ following their posts, this would not happen to you as this issue is a common one and has been discussed there and steps/advice were given to drivers on what to do regarding issues like this. It's most likely that the passenger and her boyfriend scammed you and the solution would be either you go after them, or count it as a loss, move on and be on guard against incidences like these
peretei2024:
My fellow Nairalanders,

1 Like

Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by KellyGatzz(m): 10:07pm On Nov 13, 2023
peretei2024:
My fellow Nairalanders,

Arrest them,you don’t need a soothsayer to tell you those people are scammers
Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by Inspirer1: 10:10pm On Nov 13, 2023
peretei2024:
My fellow Nairalanders,

Uber and Bolt Nigeria should adopt same style like the UK, the money is deducted from your account immediately you confirm the trip.

This is because your debit card is linked to Uber/Bolt app when registering, so if there is no money on it to be deducted, you can't book any trip successfully.

Hence, such occurnece of riders playing 'smart' with payment is cut off

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by FILEBE(m): 10:13pm On Nov 13, 2023
peretei2024:
My fellow Nairalanders,

I have a similar occurrence. I went to eat with guys and I paid with bank transfer. I tried several times and the money didn't go. The gt app was showing error . I had to use another bank and it went once . Thr recipient's bank is Opay also.
This happened on Saturday. It was later that I checked my app and found out that I have been debited and it seemed transaction was successful as all charges were also removed .
I quickly went to the canteen and told the man that I paid him twice . He had to check his app to confirmed that only one payment enter which isn't from Gtb . I went twice to check again , same thing . I was even the one refreshing his opay app for any inflow.

Fast forward to today.. I went straight to him again. Same thing. That was when I went to the bank to complain. The Customer care just told me the money was successful but the recipient's bank was unresponsive as at that time the transfer was made and that it would be reversed in the next 48/72hrs starting from the working days .

As I am talking to you, I am yet to get the reversal.

I guess you know what to do with this my own story. Chill ans wait for 2 days max. If nothing happens , then you can do what you want to do.

It's unfair that people won't want to pay for services rendered .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by WesKiz: 10:14pm On Nov 13, 2023
Arrest him may be Nigeria can be ok at least
Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by Mendula35(m): 10:16pm On Nov 13, 2023
What’s how one Animal here on Nairaland, he advertised himself as a phone tracker, I took his number on his page +234 901 456 6031, we talk about how he’s going to teach me the tracking stuff, I’ve been craving to know phone tracking quite long. We negotiated, the idiot collected 7k from me. Since then he stopped picking my calls and responding to my messages. His name is Tola. I’ve reported him to different police station and they ask me to give me few more days to refund me or he’s going to pay x10 of what he collected from me, you know police na when it get to that. Guys let be careful, scammers everywhere
Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by seborrhic: 10:18pm On Nov 13, 2023
peretei2024:
My fellow Nairalanders,

I actually have the link to arrest them without going to his house. I have link to the Commissioner of Police Lagos State, I only pity them because they will parade them as scammers and it going to be a big case
So because of ₦4500 you would involve the commissioner of police and get them paraded as criminals?
It's only a f oolish and stupid commissioner of police that would not cut you off his link and warn you not to involve his office in any such case next time or you get arrested for abuse of office.
Any little connection some of you have,you want to abuse it.
How does it even sound in your mouth?
Because of a failed transaction of 4500 you want to contact the CP?
What of your local police station.Of course you don't want to pass through the official process of reporting.You want to harass them with your cp link.
If your type now have a case of a million,probably you would involve the IG if you have his link!

4 Likes

Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by WellDoneJobs: 10:22pm On Nov 13, 2023
seborrhic:

So because of ₦4500 you would involve the commissioner of police and get them paraded as criminals?
It's only a f oolish and stupid commissioner of police that would not cut you off his link and warn you not to involve his office in any such case next time or you get arrested for abuse of office.
Any little connection some of you have,you want to abuse it.
How does it even sound in your mouth?
Because of a failed transaction of 4500 you want to contact the CP?
What of your local police station.Of course you don't want to pass through the official process of reporting.You want to harass them with your cp link.
If your type now have a case of a million,probably you would involve the IG if you have his link!
are you the scammer ? Why are you pained ?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by Judolisco(m): 10:23pm On Nov 13, 2023
peretei2024:
My fellow Nairalanders,

as a bolt driver, sometimes they're telling d truth but most times na lie oh.... Never allow a passanger leave until u get your money..... Plenty scammers Don scam me 4 Abuja.... Especially ladies.... After 2 ladies tried it and got away with it.... I said neva again.... I must see my money b4 I comut your huz.... D last one I left her because she told me her phone was already dead... Immediately I picked her up... Wrote my acct number for her d next day she start dey talk another story... Told her straight up... Madam you've got a business on Instagram... No allow me spoil your business because of 3500 oh... I got my money immediately.... I wouldn't have done anything though if they don't pay me but jst open eyes next time... So dem go knw say u sef dey vex

1 Like

Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by emmy4real94(m): 10:26pm On Nov 13, 2023
Yes get them arrested if you can.. Else they will victimize many others .
peretei2024:
My fellow Nairalanders,

1 Like

Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by dubaiprince: 10:27pm On Nov 13, 2023
Inspirer1:

Uber and Bolt Nigeria should adopt same style like the UK, the money is deducted from your account immediately you confirm the trip.

As in. I keep saying companies treat the Nigerian market differently. Abroad, as a rider you don't even have business with the driver on payment matters. A charge is placed on your card immediately the trip starts. Nothing like cash payment or transfer. Some riders get choke for head.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Swap Your Dead Or Weak Inverter Batteries For A New One! / Valeo Unveils Camera Tech That Allows Drivers To See The Back Of Their Trailers / 2019 Mercedes-amg A45 Gets All-new Engine With 400-plus Horsepower

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.