Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,846 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

Fake Transfer From A Rider - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fake Transfer From A Rider (17949 Views)

Bike Rider Spotted Towing An 18-Seater Bus With His Motorcycle In Lagos (Video) / My Journey So Far As A Keke Rider... / Uber Apologizes For Charging A Rider Over $14,000 For A Few Minutes Ride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by LagBlogger(m): 2:22am On Nov 14, 2023
Chibuzoripob:
shocked sad shocked sad U are on point.Thank u very much.I just reread his story and bragging of reporting 4k to CP Lagos State Command on top of 4k shocked grin as if that CP nah Boys scout grin grin.Again,i visit his past thread and my 👁 come open to the type of people dis Op be.Make he go report to CP grin grin grin.Thief with bragging

You people are myopic.

I wish it's me you try this with you will meet people in prison serving 2 years in jail for stealing yam and fish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by seborrhic: 2:57am On Nov 14, 2023
WellDoneJobs:
are you the scammer ? Why are you pained ?
Forget the cheap quip and condemnation of the bf for what he did and for once take time to reflect quietly on what the Op typed:he places a call to the office of the CP or even the CP himself and says 'morning sir,how work?Please send some of your boys to go so so place to go pick xyz,the small boy don use fake alert scam me of 4500’.
When you reflect soberly would you even contemplate such absurd call to even the CP 's office,not even himself?
Imagine yourself on the other hand being the CP.How would you react to such a call coming to your office from someone who knows your aides,not even yourself over a ₦4500 dispute!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by VEHINTOLAR: 3:01am On Nov 14, 2023
peretei2024:
My fellow Nairalanders,

Please help me look into this before I swing into action so people will not say am a bad man.

Yesterday being Sunday, I decided to use my car on Uber so to make extra income. There is this lady I picked( 1:13pm) from Egbeda to Command road and the fare happens to be #4,500.

Actually when we got to her final destination, it was her boyfriend who came out to do the transfer, and he show me the receipt of the transfer but I never got the money, so immediately I throw his attention that I didn't receive the money because the account I actually gave him was Opay, and Opay doesn't waste time to receive money . So the guy told me he doesn't have any money again that the only money he had was what they removed from his account. So I should wait till 6pm if I didn't get the money then I should let him know, and at that moment I don't have any fuel to move around again but because I don't want to look wicked, so I decided to give him that respect.

Around 6pm, I chatted the guy and he said how come I have not gotten the money. So he said he call his bank and get bank to me, at that moment I was already hot big time. So he didn't get bank to me, I had to chat him again after 10mins. He then replied that the bank said they will reverse back the money to his account after 24hrs that I should wait because he doesn't have 1kobo on him. At that point I knew these people are looking for my trouble. I actually have the link to arrest them without going to his house. I have link to the Commissioner of Police Lagos State, I only pity them because they will parade them as scammers and it going to be a big case.

At about 8pm last night( yesterday..12th November, 2023) , this same guy who claims he doesn't have 1kobo in his account, placed a request on the app to get a driver, I immediately screenshot it from the app and share with them only the lady to reply me that Im harassing her with my messages. She said the guy is going to bank this morning and once the bank confirm that the money hasn't left the bank that they will resend the money back to me. She even called me a thief by saying"" who knows if the money is not with me sef ""

Please guys advice me, should I get them arrested? Am trying to take this seriously so this Country will be a safe place for everyone

Please I need a matured advice.

You can't afford to be this gentle while dealing with some Nigerians. If you're not careful and act very fast,you may not get your money again ! There are so many heartless scammers out there who are looking for people to dupe and rob of their hard earned money. Get those criminals arrested,you've already wasted too much time ! Omo,gentleman no dey Lagos o,gather yourself,bro !
Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by BigIyanga: 3:22am On Nov 14, 2023
Report them to Uber…
And then file complaint before having them arrested.
Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by BoboKush(m): 4:46am On Nov 14, 2023
Be like u r new
Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by Biddy15: 4:55am On Nov 14, 2023
Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by chatinent: 4:57am On Nov 14, 2023
Well, not all are scammers.
Give him the time he said he needed to use to rectify the issue.

I don't see anyone who you dropped in their house scamming you of a paltry sum. And sometimes, transactions delay...even from Opay.

1 Like

Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by Godmademan(m): 5:01am On Nov 14, 2023
This transfer thing can really cause trouble at times. Early this year I took a cab and paid N2,000 to the driver through palmpay. It was successful but driver said he didn't see. Had to send him same amount by my bank app and he promised to do reversal when he receive the initial transfer. Was sure palmpay would reverse the money in minutes or complete the transfer within 24 hours. I messaged them too and they confirmed the transfer was successful.
But days turned weeks and I kept contacting the driver but he said he didn't see any money and the money was also not confirmed when he went to his bank to enquire.
Could have made a lot of trouble but I just had to let go of the 2k. If indeed he was lying, he will never make progress in his life

1 Like

Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by empire78: 5:32am On Nov 14, 2023
peretei2024:
My fellow Nairalanders,

Please help me look into this before I swing into action so people will not say am a bad man.

Yesterday being Sunday, I decided to use my car on Uber so to make extra income. There is this lady I picked( 1:13pm) from Egbeda to Command road and the fare happens to be #4,500. Follow them to the bank or tell him you want to arrest him

Actually when we got to her final destination, it was her boyfriend who came out to do the transfer, and he show me the receipt of the transfer but I never got the money, so immediately I throw his attention that I didn't receive the money because the account I actually gave him was Opay, and Opay doesn't waste time to receive money . So the guy told me he doesn't have any money again that the only money he had was what they removed from his account. So I should wait till 6pm if I didn't get the money then I should let him know, and at that moment I don't have any fuel to move around again but because I don't want to look wicked, so I decided to give him that respect.

Around 6pm, I chatted the guy and he said how come I have not gotten the money. So he said he call his bank and get bank to me, at that moment I was already hot big time. So he didn't get bank to me, I had to chat him again after 10mins. He then replied that the bank said they will reverse back the money to his account after 24hrs that I should wait because he doesn't have 1kobo on him. At that point I knew these people are looking for my trouble. I actually have the link to arrest them without going to his house. I have link to the Commissioner of Police Lagos State, I only pity them because they will parade them as scammers and it going to be a big case.

At about 8pm last night( yesterday..12th November, 2023) , this same guy who claims he doesn't have 1kobo in his account, placed a request on the app to get a driver, I immediately screenshot it from the app and share with them only the lady to reply me that Im harassing her with my messages. She said the guy is going to bank this morning and once the bank confirm that the money hasn't left the bank that they will resend the money back to me. She even called me a thief by saying"" who knows if the money is not with me sef ""

Please guys advice me, should I get them arrested? Am trying to take this seriously so this Country will be a safe place for everyone

Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by leisuretym: 5:47am On Nov 14, 2023
cheesy
Chibuzoripob:
Read leisuretym and the OP past thread.My eye don Open now
Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by leisuretym: 5:56am On Nov 14, 2023
chatinent:
Well, not all are scammers.
Give him the time he said he needed to use to rectify the issue.

I don't see anyone who you dropped in their house scamming you of a paltry sum. And sometimes, transactions delay...even from Opay.
you know Whats Up!
I expected the nagging from the OP used who his last fuel to render his service
Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by MrBroke(m): 6:21am On Nov 14, 2023
Oga you have good evidence, arrest dem immediately. You no see as dem dey carry you play.
Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by Elsueno: 6:27am On Nov 14, 2023
peretei2024:
My fellow Nairalanders,

Bros, next time when U are dealing with Nigerians...MAKE SURE U CONFIRMED MONEY Don drop for account, forget alert or transfer receipt...These can easily be faked..

Always open Ur bank app and confirm from Ur balance and transaction history...99.8% of Nigerians are freaking thieves. Most Nigerians would try to scam U THE VERY FIRST CHANCE THEY GET, especially if U look gentle and easy going.
Never let anybody go without getting Ur money unless U have known said person & trust them B4.
Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by LagBlogger(m): 6:33am On Nov 14, 2023
Chibuzoripob:
U are too slow upstairs

You're the confirmed dummy. Trying to rationalize evil by trivializing criminal behavior is the Hallmark of a very stupid person.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by LagBlogger(m): 6:38am On Nov 14, 2023
seborrhic:

Forget the cheap quip and condemnation of the bf for what he did and for once take time to reflect quietly on what the Op typed:he places a call to the office of the CP or even the CP himself and says 'morning sir,how work?Please send some of your boys to go so so place to go pick xyz,the small boy don use fake alert scam me of 4500’.
When you reflect soberly would you even contemplate such absurd call to even the CP 's office,not even himself?
Imagine yourself on the other hand being the CP.How would you react to such a call coming to your office from someone who knows your aides,not even yourself over a ₦4500 dispute!

Stop being presumptuous. You don't know exactly who the link is or how close he is to such a link or even the nature of the interaction.

And reporting a crime of 4,500 is not absurd even to the IG only that he should go through lower chain of command but even a CP can intervene in small matters like this sometimes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by Chibuzoripob: 6:45am On Nov 14, 2023
LagBlogger:

You're the confirmed dummy. Trying to rationalize evil by trivializing criminal behavior is the Hallmark of a very stupid person.
U are dumb upstairs.U want to report to Lagos CP cos of 4k and parade them on TV grin cheesy grin.I pity ur father for wasting money on slow son like u.
Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by nobilie: 6:47am On Nov 14, 2023
Bolt/uber drivers see that a lot. Wise up. It is now on the increase as money no too spread and things are expensive. U fit carry woman from Egbeda to Ajah go meet man and him go do transfer for u wey no go drop. Now, u go dey tell the passenger as u dey carry her say, if nah transfer, ur money must drop before she go oooo.
Omo, that biz is more risky now. Boys fit kii the driver for small matter sef. Sometimes, u go leave the money dey go ya way
Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by Omoa1: 7:21am On Nov 14, 2023
peretei2024:
My fellow Nairalanders,

Yesterday being Sunday, I decided to use my car on Uber so to make extra income. There is this lady I picked( 1:13pm) from Egbeda to Command road and the fare happens to be #4,500.

That’s how they do my guy. The last lady that tried that with me, I drove straight to her house after a week and collected my money cash. She was even forming big girl the day I picked her up but I saw her real face when I went for my money. Never leave rider’s drop off without getting your money.
Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by ahnie: 7:35am On Nov 14, 2023
What's going on here?why tagging my sobriquet?
Chibuzoripob:
sad grin grin grin Ahnie comma see person wey u wan give him pikin ur Free food grin sad grin grin.I fear this NL embarassed grin grin sad
Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by naturefellow(m): 8:00am On Nov 14, 2023
Chispa:
you are too dull, like a simp. Arrest the batstards. Thiefnubuu built Lagos to groom scammer's. Nonsense.
Templarlandry. Hehehe
Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by LadyG05: 8:33am On Nov 14, 2023
Next, they will block your contact.

Abeg always demand to see the cash or acct balance of your passengers before you start the ride, especially those ones going to see boyfriends.

1 Like

Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by Besuccesful: 9:16am On Nov 14, 2023
MDRecruit Agency

Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by jackmrandy: 9:33am On Nov 14, 2023
they have run you street. Opay transfer is the fastest. in split seconds you get the cash. even if you use a bank to do the transfer, max 5 mins you get your cash. they have run you street. So the guy nor get money and he babe dey enter uber to come visit him. the girl could have paid for her tp. Placing another ride shows they want to move to the next victim. and don;t be surprised they have a target.

what to do, if they (she or he) place for anotther ride, go and meet them at that location and cause a scene. na once the werey go pay you your money.

and na lagos you even dey, go and meet that werey and collect your money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 14, 2023
jackmrandy:
they have run you street. Opay transfer is the fastest. in split seconds you get the cash. even if you use a bank to do the transfer, max 5 mins you get your cash. they have run you street. So the guy nor get money and he babe dey enter uber to come visit him. the girl could have paid for her tp. Placing another ride shows they want to move to the next victim. and don;t be surprised they have a target.

what to do, if they (she or he) place for anotther ride, go and meet them at that location and cause a scene. na once the werey go pay you your money.

and na lagos you even dey, go and meet that werey and collect your money

So you cannot be a gentleman in Lagos.
Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by John360comng: 9:57am On Nov 14, 2023
seborrhic:

grin grin

Is the ₦4500 for Sharwama?! Is it for Akara?!
Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by wunmi590(m): 10:08am On Nov 14, 2023
peretei2024:
My fellow Nairalanders,

Oga, please get them arrested, don't pity anybody, this country is presently hot for peopl3 to be scamming people of their hard earn money...

When you pick him up, he will show you the first transfer he did, if it was true or not and to also confirm if truly he has been calling bank...

Please teach both the girl and boyfriend lesson, for even calling you thief untop of your money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by jackmrandy: 11:22am On Nov 14, 2023
Skyview01:

So you cannot be a gentleman in Lagos.

Not anymore again . Not in this current government. streets are not smiling.
Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by superCleanworks(m): 1:40pm On Nov 14, 2023
peretei2024:

every second you waste makes this case less credible and gives you more stress. imagine the little fish calling you a thief. why? because you didn't take action that will make them beg and pay twice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by Houseontherock1: 10:23am On Nov 16, 2023
Godmademan:
This transfer thing can really cause trouble at times. Early this year I took a cab and paid N2,000 to the driver through palmpay. It was successful but driver said he didn't see. Had to send him same amount by my bank app and he promised to do reversal when he receive the initial transfer. Was sure palmpay would reverse the money in minutes or complete the transfer within 24 hours. I messaged them too and they confirmed the transfer was successful.
But days turned weeks and I kept contacting the driver but he said he didn't see any money and the money was also not confirmed when he went to his bank to enquire.
Could have made a lot of trouble but I just had to let go of the 2k. If indeed he was lying, he will never make progress in his life
The driver is a liar and a thief...I wonder how far your 2k can take him in life!
Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by Godmademan(m): 2:18pm On Nov 16, 2023
Houseontherock1:

The driver is a liar and a thief...I wonder how far your 2k can take him in life!
More reason I didn't bother chasing him around. That amount can't buy one piece of barbecue catfish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hyundai's Unveils First Mass-Produced Electric Bus "Elec City" / Swap Your Dead Or Weak Inverter Batteries For A New One! / Mercedes-Benz Unveils Self-Driving Car To Be On Sale By 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.