Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,059 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Fake Transfer From A Rider - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fake Transfer From A Rider (17964 Views)

Bike Rider Spotted Towing An 18-Seater Bus With His Motorcycle In Lagos (Video) / My Journey So Far As A Keke Rider... / Uber Apologizes For Charging A Rider Over $14,000 For A Few Minutes Ride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fake Transfer From A Rider by peretei2024(m): 6:42pm On Nov 13, 2023
My fellow Nairalanders,

Please help me look into this before I swing into action so people will not say am a bad man.

Yesterday being Sunday, I decided to use my car on Uber so to make extra income. There is this lady I picked( 1:13pm) from Egbeda to Command road and the fare happens to be #4,500.

Actually when we got to her final destination, it was her boyfriend who came out to do the transfer, and he show me the receipt of the transfer but I never got the money, so immediately I throw his attention that I didn't receive the money because the account I actually gave him was Opay, and Opay doesn't waste time to receive money . So the guy told me he doesn't have any money again that the only money he had was what they removed from his account. So I should wait till 6pm if I didn't get the money then I should let him know, and at that moment I don't have any fuel to move around again but because I don't want to look wicked, so I decided to give him that respect.

Around 6pm, I chatted the guy and he said how come I have not gotten the money. So he said he call his bank and get bank to me, at that moment I was already hot big time. So he didn't get bank to me, I had to chat him again after 10mins. He then replied that the bank said they will reverse back the money to his account after 24hrs that I should wait because he doesn't have 1kobo on him. At that point I knew these people are looking for my trouble. I actually have the link to arrest them without going to his house. I have link to the Commissioner of Police Lagos State, I only pity them because they will parade them as scammers and it going to be a big case.

At about 8pm last night( yesterday..12th November, 2023) , this same guy who claims he doesn't have 1kobo in his account, placed a request on the app to get a driver, I immediately screenshot it from the app and share with them only the lady to reply me that Im harassing her with my messages. She said the guy is going to bank this morning and once the bank confirm that the money hasn't left the bank that they will resend the money back to me. She even called me a thief by saying"" who knows if the money is not with me sef ""

Please guys advice me, should I get them arrested? Am trying to take this seriously so this Country will be a safe place for everyone

Please I need a matured advice.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by Chispa: 6:51pm On Nov 13, 2023
you are too dull, like a simp. Arrest the batstards. Thiefnubuu built Lagos to groom scammer's. Nonsense.
peretei2024:
My fellow Nairalanders,

Please help me look into this before I swing into action so people will not say am a bad man.

Yesterday being Sunday, I decided to use my car on Uber so to make extra income. There is this lady I picked( 1:13pm) from Egbeda to Command road and the fare happens to be #4,500.

Actually when we got to her final destination, it was her boyfriend who came out to do the transfer, and he show me the receipt of the transfer but I never got the money, so immediately I throw his attention that I didn't receive the money because the account I actually gave him was Opay, and Opay doesn't waste time to receive money . So the guy told me he doesn't have any money again that the only money he had was what they removed from his account. So I should wait till 6pm if I didn't get the money then I should let him know, and at that moment I don't have any fuel to move around again but because I don't want to look wicked, so I decided to give him that respect.

Around 6pm, I chatted the guy and he said how come I have not gotten the money. So he said he call his bank and get bank to me, at that moment I was already hot big time. So he didn't get bank to me, I had to chat him again after 10mins. He then replied that the bank said they will reverse back the money to his account after 24hrs that I should wait because he doesn't have 1kobo on him. At that point I knew these people are looking for my trouble. I actually have the link to arrest them without going to his house. I have link to the Commissioner of Police Lagos State, I only pity them because they will parade them as scammers and it going to be a big case.

At about 8pm last night( yesterday..12th November, 2023) , this same guy who claims he doesn't have 1kobo in his account, placed a request on the app to get a driver, I immediately screenshot it from the app and share with them only the lady to reply me that Im harassing her with my messages. She said the guy is going to bank this morning and once the bank confirm that the money hasn't left the bank that they will resend the money back to me. She even called me a thief by saying"" who knows if the money is not with me sef ""

Please guys advice me, should I get them arrested? Am trying to take this seriously so this Country will be a safe place for everyone

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by Houseontherock1: 6:52pm On Nov 13, 2023
Get him/them arrested...I hate petty thieves who like to cheat hardworking people!

118 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by Nazgul: 7:09pm On Nov 13, 2023
You're living in Nigeria and you know how dishonest Nigerians are when it comes to money.

You shouldn't have left without confirming the cash inflow.

Secondly, the receipt he gave to you was fake. You should have told him to send it to your WhatsApp number, then you'll carefully examine it. If he doesn't agree to send it, raise alarm and hungry and angry Nigerians would carry the matter on their head for you.

If you waited for over 10 minutes and didn't see the alert, angrily demand that he gives you cash. Make so much noise so as to attract passers by. Believe me, he would vomit that money.

Sorry for your loss. Next time, be wise.

112 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by dawnomike(m): 7:57pm On Nov 13, 2023
peretei2024:
My fellow Nairalanders,

Give them the much needed 24hrs... If they're still messing up, take it up!

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by Foodqueen(f): 8:21pm On Nov 13, 2023
The more you wait, the more it becomes more difficult.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by NFBI: 9:36pm On Nov 13, 2023
The odd world
Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by NwaNimo1(m): 9:36pm On Nov 13, 2023
Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by illicit(m): 9:36pm On Nov 13, 2023
U are wasting time

What makes sure that's their actual residence?

Do what u have to do before they bolt

👤

25 Likes

Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by iwaeda: 9:36pm On Nov 13, 2023
peretei2024:
My fellow Nairalanders,

Won gbe yin ni handicap. Get him arrested. grin grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by EtinosaDLaw(m): 9:37pm On Nov 13, 2023
December, one has to be careful

6 Likes

Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by Chibuzoripob: 9:37pm On Nov 13, 2023
sad angry sad idiots angry.U dnt have money,why not enter bus from Egbeda to command and do the format with the driver/conductor (I kuku TRUST lagos bus condo to insult/drag u unless u tell him b4 u enter that shishi,u nor get sad).Boyfriend nor get money,the yeye Girlfriend too nor get shishi.

@OP,if the idiots fail to pay u tomorrow REPORT them on Wednesday biko angry

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by jubrilELsudan: 9:38pm On Nov 13, 2023
A
Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by Treasure17(m): 9:39pm On Nov 13, 2023
I will keep saying it. 99% of Nigerians are criminal minded.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by Badonasty(m): 9:39pm On Nov 13, 2023
Oga abeg treat their Bleep up…I hate when people feel as if na dem smart pass

12 Likes

Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by Olmautos: 9:39pm On Nov 13, 2023
Go and arrest the Idiot Immediately

quote author=peretei2024 post=126950044]My fellow Nairalanders,

[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by Iseoluwani: 9:41pm On Nov 13, 2023
peretei2024:
My fellow Nairalanders,

pls deal with them. they are been doing for long. pls teach them a lesson

11 Likes

Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by Puss360(f): 9:41pm On Nov 13, 2023
Omo... Even if it's #10, do all you can do to make sure you get your money back... Even if na to carry police..
Call police for them...
This is Tinubu period... Things are hard... Every single Nigerian Citizen is feeling the heat of the hardships, so someone trying to play a fast one on you is so so uncalled for!!!
Don't leave anything for God ooo....

5 Likes

Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:41pm On Nov 13, 2023
Give them a benefit of doubt.
Give them 24 hours more.
Between now and the close of work on Wednesday.
And if nothing happens by Thursday morning,
Take action 🎬.
You are a good citizen.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by seunlayi(m): 9:43pm On Nov 13, 2023
Naija is corrupt from top to bottom

6 Likes

Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by Gkay1(m): 9:44pm On Nov 13, 2023
Arrest them without wasting more times, I hate rubbish

7 Likes

Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:44pm On Nov 13, 2023
Am trying to take this seriously so this Country will be a safe place for everyone
You are a good citizen,
We must take our country back!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by TheDemola: 9:45pm On Nov 13, 2023
Better arrest them fast.

Please let us know in a follow up thread
peretei2024:
My fellow Nairalanders,

Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by inoki247: 9:46pm On Nov 13, 2023
Lol Rider don carry u handicap....

Trust Nigerians at ur own Peril dey are brutal like dere like derr Leader...
Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:46pm On Nov 13, 2023
This is serious.
Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by omoredia: 9:46pm On Nov 13, 2023
Wicked Nigerians. How una no go get a Tinubu as leader ?

1 Like

Re: Fake Transfer From A Rider by biggace(m): 9:47pm On Nov 13, 2023
They are scammer get them arrested

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Knocked 4zz, Can I Change To 1zz Or 3zz Corolla Engine? / The Parking Charges In Abia State And Penalties Following Breach (Photo) / How To Avoid Buying A Flooded Car From The US?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.