Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Broken Marriage, Please Advise me - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Broken Marriage, Please Advise me (21391 Views)

Am Tired Of My Marriage,please Help / Why Too Many Broken Marriage? Any Way Around It? / My Wife's Sister Is About To Crash My Marriage, Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Broken Marriage, Please Advise me by sandygechy(f): 3:48am On Nov 15, 2023
I’m as surprised as u are! A man goes to another family and MARRIES a woman and pays a token as part of the traditional rites and it now translates to OWNING her!
The token paid as bride price is not even up to the amount spent on feeding the woman for a month!!!
U can imagine how delusional and stupid some men are…
Gajagojo:

What does owner of kids mean practically

How does one own a grown up child that has become an adult

What does this ownership look like?
When the child starts working he will give his father his salary or what?

What is the benefit of owning a child

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Broken Marriage, Please Advise me by rafcrown(m): 4:35am On Nov 15, 2023
One woman from Igbo land once told me that there is no juju in Igbo land.
Odin13:

Nnewi men are nevee know for rituals or quick money..
Any one can verify this statement..

Talk more of using ones blood..

Re: Broken Marriage, Please Advise me by Fredoh(m): 4:50am On Nov 15, 2023
Nemesis0147:
go back and read the post again..
This time,,slowly.

Wanted to say the same!
Re: Broken Marriage, Please Advise me by warrifinest1985: 5:13am On Nov 15, 2023
HIM DON GET MONEY NOW? IF YES THEN TELL YOUR SISTER TO GO BACK, BUT IF NO THEN TELL YOUR SISTER TO REMAIN WHERE SHE IS MAKE THE MAN NON GO USE HUNGRY KILL PERSON PIKIN BECAUSE POVERTY NON BE POWDER
Re: Broken Marriage, Please Advise me by DamMich9: 5:16am On Nov 15, 2023
You need a new foundation to that Marriage and believe It can work again no matter what, we can chat privately
Re: Broken Marriage, Please Advise me by ikdaddy01(m): 5:25am On Nov 15, 2023
Na for phone he wan carry dem
Re: Broken Marriage, Please Advise me by Carcholce: 5:42am On Nov 15, 2023
Gajagojo:

Sorry if you read clearly you would have seen OBVIOUS CONTRADICTION in the story

He claimed the man abandoned sister after daughter born and then said the opposite

No the contradiction in the story is that the OPs sister left her marriage and the OP and her family did not bother to know the real reason why She left. Some men are very cultured to the point that when a woman leaves her matrimonial home with her bag. The men would not move an inch trying to beg her to return because it is abominable for a woman to leave her marriage without any serious issues.

OP got to know why her sister left because her sister involved him by asking for his opinion. And the OP (I think for the first time) got in touch with the said man to find out from him. The OP even had to confirm the man’s account from his sister and his sister confirmed them to be true.

2 Likes

Re: Broken Marriage, Please Advise me by IamHonourable1: 5:56am On Nov 15, 2023
This issue of wives absconding from their marital homes seems to be the latest trend for mischievous women and I see this as a mental condition.This is what I'm presently battling, this one even left with some of my properties, citing that she left because I can't provide for them.This made me wonder why would someone who can provide for herself and the baby abscond with the property of who can't take care of a child?

1 Like

Re: Broken Marriage, Please Advise me by Gajagojo: 6:08am On Nov 15, 2023
Carcholce:

No the contradiction in the story is that the OPs sister left her marriage and the OP and her family did not bother to know the real reason why She left. Some men are very cultured to the point that when a woman leaves her matrimonial home with her bag. The men would not move an inch trying to beg her to return because it is abominable for a woman to leave her marriage without any serious issues.

OP got to know why her sister left because her sister involved him by asking for his opinion. And the OP (I think for the first time) got in touch with the said man to find out from him. The OP even had to confirm the man’s account from his sister and his sister confirmed them to be true.
I am not talking about your opinion but what we were told presumably you can read and Comprehend English. The story is internally inconsistent
NdubisiCharles:
Good day pals, I have a sister whose husband abandoned for the past 8 yrs now,
with kids, male and female, the boy is now 9yrs, while the girl is now 8 yrs, my sis was abandoned after giving birth to the little girl.
She single handedly took the children far away and keep raising them up till date, now this is happening.
, .....

Today I called the man (husband) he sounds so calm, "he said he need them back, he told me that he never chase my sis away, that it was my sis that carry her bag and left his house. Ran away with the 2kids, that he paid my sis bride price,

I do.not have time for stupid arguments
Re: Broken Marriage, Please Advise me by Gajagojo: 6:14am On Nov 15, 2023
sandygechy:
I’m as surprised as u are! A man goes to another family and MARRIES a woman and pays a token as part of the traditional rites and it now translates to OWNING her!
The token paid as bride price is not even up to the amount spent on feeding the woman for a month!!!
U can imagine how delusional and stupid some men are…

He said it is Igbo culture and custom
Re: Broken Marriage, Please Advise me by mrmachine: 6:20am On Nov 15, 2023
Let her go back. That's her husband. Don't let her deceive herself thinking she would just see another man that would just come from the moon to come and marry after 2. It's rare o. And those children still need fathe figure.

NdubisiCharles:
Good day pals, I have a sister whose husband abandoned for the past 8 yrs now,
with kids, male and female, the boy is now 9yrs, while the girl is now 8 yrs, my sis was abandoned after giving birth to the little girl.
She single handedly took the children far away and keep raising them up till date, now this is happening.

Yesterday, I received a call from my young sis, saying that her forgotten husband just called and was pleading for her return, that what will she do, that she needs my advice as senior, for me not to fall into conclusion I gave her 48 hours to reply to her, .....

Today I called the man (husband) he sounds so calm, "he said he need them back, he told me that he never chase my sis away, that it was my sis that carry her bag and left his house. Ran away with the 2kids, that he paid my sis bride price, he has visited my family for reconciliation but sis said she ain't going back that hunger is in the house, he admitted that then he was broke, "that he is not a drunker, womanizer, fetish, or never lay hand on my sis, and that he is God fearing man" only that he has no money when asked my sis she confirmed it.

Please friends advice me on what to do
Re: Broken Marriage, Please Advise me by sandygechy(f): 6:21am On Nov 15, 2023
And u believe it
It’s a big lie cos I’m Igbo too.
Nowhere in the world does any human OWN another human!
Women are not commodities that are owned.Bride price is a traditional rite.
Gajagojo:

He said it is Igbo culture and custom
Re: Broken Marriage, Please Advise me by Gajagojo: 6:31am On Nov 15, 2023
sandygechy:
And u believe it
It’s a big lie cos I’m Igbo too.
Nowhere in the world does any human OWN another human!
Women are not commodities that are owned.Bride price is a traditional rite.
I believe it based on my interaction with them
That is how they reason.
Women cannot inherit land in their tradition and are generally blocked from inheriting from their father's property
Re: Broken Marriage, Please Advise me by sandygechy(f): 6:33am On Nov 15, 2023
Going back should entirely be her decision.She survived 8 years without him.She’s going back to add extra stress to her life by providing and feeding an extra mouth.

Coming to the issue of her remarrying,must she do so Is it a must to be in marriage even when it’s obvious she’s better off as a single mother? Moreover,single mothers of even three kids remarry.The father should need the kids too by doing his responsibilities.
mrmachine:
Let her go back. That's her husband. Don't let her deceive herself thinking she would just see another man that would just come from the moon to come and marry after 2. It's rare o. And those children still need fathe figure.

1 Like

Re: Broken Marriage, Please Advise me by sandygechy(f): 6:36am On Nov 15, 2023
We are talking about a man OWNING a woman! This is not a land matter.Don’t digress…

Gajagojo:

I believe it based on my interaction with them
That is how they reason.
Women cannot inherit land in their tradition and are generally blocked from inheriting from their father's property
Re: Broken Marriage, Please Advise me by BrighterSyde: 6:41am On Nov 15, 2023
Beremx:
So it's because the man doesn't have money he's requesting for your sister to come back? Probably he has lavished all he had on women and he's now looking for his wife to come suffer with him.
Your sister should move on with her life and take care of the kids.
Nonsense
Ordinary to read and comprehend you can’t. But the need to support your fellow female is so important that you remove sense and read without a brain…
Re: Broken Marriage, Please Advise me by Gajagojo: 6:43am On Nov 15, 2023
sandygechy:
We are talking about a man OWNING a woman! This is not a land matter.Don’t digress…

You need to open a dictionary
I am not digressing just providing collateral evidence and cultural background about the status of Igbo women in their culture to emphasise the point that Igbo women have minimal rights and no say in governance which is corroboration to the idea that they are chattels.
The person who made that claim is according to him,from Nnewi. He would know Igbo culture well and I believe him
An Igbo woman has no inheritance rights in her Umunna and is an acquisition of her husband s umunna.
Re: Broken Marriage, Please Advise me by Shed2013(m): 7:14am On Nov 15, 2023
I for say wahala na ur second name but let me forgive u lol
NdubisiCharles:

Am afraid if is he for real or did he have any evil thing on mind, u know all this nnewi, Anambra men
Re: Broken Marriage, Please Advise me by Qatar2022: 7:31am On Nov 15, 2023
Beremx:
So it's because the man doesn't have money he's requesting for your sister to come back? Probably he has lavished all he had on women and he's now looking for his wife to come suffer with him.
Nonsense
Please read before you comment, The man does not have money before and his wife left him
Re: Broken Marriage, Please Advise me by Maobichek: 8:12am On Nov 15, 2023
frndfghtr:

Am a nnewi man, we love our families, you are a liar
My advice to you is to hurry and beg the man, even if it last for thirty years, you just help the man to train his children, am a igbo man, once bride price is been paid, in our custom, the the man is the owner of your sis and the kids

"Owner," such word is derogatory. The man is not the owner of his sister; use more appropriate word, thank you.
Re: Broken Marriage, Please Advise me by Maobichek: 8:23am On Nov 15, 2023
Beremx:
Nonsense

Good morning dear, you got it wrong ok, the sis confirmed that the man is not a womanizer, doesn't cheat, doesn't lay his hand on her; she packed her things and left because the man was poor.
Re: Broken Marriage, Please Advise me by sandygechy(f): 9:07am On Nov 15, 2023
U seriously pray and wish a man owns a woman he married because he paid stipend as bride price!
Chaiii……i know it’s heartbreaking and a deep pain to ur entire body to hear that it’s not true!!!
I understand ur frustrations and the pressure u are applying on the matter.Did u notice how stupid u sound
U really think so highly of yourself.
Empty vessel!!!
Your mates are busy with their lives endeavor and u are here displaying your stupidity.
U mentioned that women have no say in governance in Igboland. So Stella Oduah,Uche Ekwunife,Joy Emodi and even the first female Governor in Nigeria; Dame Virgy Etiaba are all Yoruba women abi? Your brain is leaking obviously.
U need the dictionary more cos u are DAFT!
Bleep off my mentions!!!
Gajagojo:

You need to open a dictionary
I am not digressing just providing collateral evidence and cultural background about the status of Igbo women in their culture to emphasise the point that Igbo women have minimal rights and no say in governance which is corroboration to the idea that they are chattels.
The person who made that claim is according to him,from Nnewi. He would know Igbo culture well and I believe him
An Igbo woman has no inheritance rights in her Umunna and is an acquisition of her husband s umunna.
Re: Broken Marriage, Please Advise me by sandygechy(f): 9:08am On Nov 15, 2023
You are wise!
Maobichek:

"Owner," such word is derogatory. The man is not the owner of his sister; use more appropriate word, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Broken Marriage, Please Advise me by Coolgent(m): 9:47am On Nov 15, 2023
frndfghtr:

Am a nnewi man, we love our families, you are a liar
My advice to you is to hurry and beg the man, even if it last for thirty years, you just help the man to train his children, am a igbo man, once bride price is been paid, in our custom, the the man is the owner of your sis and the kids
Noted,
I just learnt something about Igbo today.
Re: Broken Marriage, Please Advise me by HighTableVoice: 9:50am On Nov 15, 2023
I still refuse to belief in the idea of man woman union. It’s just like wedding which is a confirmed women desire. A man only needs children, take care of them and teach them about their purpose in life and enlighten them enough on how the world works. Women are great when they have to be but they are also careless and like children can’t always be relied on as a full grown mature minded man. Call it misogynistic thought but it is true. The world and human being evolved with knowing your responsibility and every other living organisms on the planet follow the same pattern. Women try too much to distrupt God plan for his universe, that’s why a lot of things pain them a lot and wanting to own what you can’t. A man doesn’t gain from union with woman most of the time, on the other way.. a woman has a lot to gain
Re: Broken Marriage, Please Advise me by Emeksman: 10:53am On Nov 15, 2023
Did you actually understood what the poster posted? Or you just want to spew dust.

Beremx:
Nonsense
Re: Broken Marriage, Please Advise me by Rushna27(f): 11:07am On Nov 15, 2023
If its true that it was the woman who left,and now the man is begging, I think it's better to reconsider cos the truth is mistakes can be amended.If the marriage warn life threatening before she can still give it a try but this time with both eyes opened ...Wishing her well
Re: Broken Marriage, Please Advise me by Rushna27(f): 11:08am On Nov 15, 2023
Rushna27:
If its true that it was the woman who left,and now the man is begging, I think it's better to reconsider cos the truth is mistakes can be amended.If the marriage wasn't life threatening before she can still give it a try but this time with both eyes opened ...Wishing her well
Re: Broken Marriage, Please Advise me by Beremx(f): 11:08am On Nov 15, 2023
Maobichek:

Good morning dear, you got it wrong ok, the sis confirmed that the man is not a womanizer, doesn't cheat, doesn't lay his hand on her; she packed her things and left because the man was poor.
oh well that's not what i read earlier. The Op edited his post after I commented.
Good morning to you

1 Like

Re: Broken Marriage, Please Advise me by Gajagojo: 11:14am On Nov 15, 2023
sandygechy:
U seriously pray and wish a man owns a woman he married because he paid stipend as bride price!
Chaiii……i know it’s heartbreaking and a deep pain to ur entire body to hear that it’s not true!!!
I understand ur frustrations and the pressure u are applying on the matter.Did u notice how stupid u sound
U really think so highly of yourself.
Empty vessel!!!
Your mates are busy with their lives endeavor and u are here displaying your stupidity.
U mentioned that women have no say in governance in Igboland. So Stella Oduah,Uche Ekwunife,Joy Emodi and even the first female Governor in Nigeria; Dame Virgy Etiaba are all Yoruba women abi? Your brain is leaking obviously.
U need the dictionary more cos u are DAFT!
Bleep off my mentions!!!
You have low self-esteem and you are breaking the rules of the forum
There is no need for gratuitous insolence
Re: Broken Marriage, Please Advise me by NastiLord: 11:48am On Nov 15, 2023
Beremx:
Nonsense
today i know u are 100% empty headed. Bitterness have eaten u badly. Pls look for who can teach how to read
Re: Broken Marriage, Please Advise me by shortIGBOman: 12:06pm On Nov 15, 2023
Ndidi2:
comot there
Them use you?

Them no born them well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Do Wives Like Secretly “Stealing” From Their Husband? / "Allow Them To Die" - Father Of Siamese Twins Plead / Amazing Five Generations Family Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.