Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,216 members, 7,811,602 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

Onyedika Oriaku: Nigerian Student Raped Woman In Nightclub Toilet In Wales - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Onyedika Oriaku: Nigerian Student Raped Woman In Nightclub Toilet In Wales (75559 Views)

Olajide Blessing: DSS Arrest Killers Of UNILORIN Student Raped To Death / Olajide Omowumi-Blessing: UNILORIN Student Raped To Death / Adoki Joy, UNIPORT Student, Raped And Killed By Kidnappers (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onyedika Oriaku: Nigerian Student Raped Woman In Nightclub Toilet In Wales by ednut1(m): 3:58pm On Nov 14, 2023
A man who raped a woman in the female toilets of a busy nightclub returned to his friends in the so-called VIP area of the club and "gloated" about what he had done, a court has heard.

Onyedika Oriaku then took one of his friends back to the lavatories where he'd just carried out the sex attack - something the judge described as "sinister".

University student Oriaku claimed the sex in the toilet cubicle had been consensual and his victim had been the one who had initiated the contact but he was convicted at trial of rape.

Sending him to prison the judge told him that having watched CCTV from the club and seen the defendant giving evidence in court he had come to the conclusion that Oriakau had a "very high opinion of himself".

Ian Wright, prosecuting told Swansea Crown Court that the rape took place at the Fiction nightclub in Swansea city centre in March this year.

Oriaku and a group of other sunglass-wearing males were in the so-called VIP area of the club, and during the evening the defendant and a woman had been kissing. The woman, who was described as "heavily intoxicated", later went to the toilet and the defendant followed her. In the toilets Oriaku raped the woman in one of the cubicles.

The court heard that after the assault the defendant returned to his friends in the VIP area and then he and one of the group went to the female toilets where they were told "in no uncertain terms" to leave by two women present. During the trial the defendant maintained he had returned to the toilets in order to check on the welfare of the women as she had been "exhausted" by having sex with him. The rape was subsequently reported to the police.

In an statement from the victim that was read to the court the woman described the significant impact the attack has had on her mental health and on her life generally, and she said she was now very distrusting of men.

Onyedika Benedict Oriaku, aged 30, of Victoria Terrace, Brynmill, Swansea, had previously been convicted by a jury of one count of rape when he appeared in the dock for sentencing. He has no previous convictions. James Hartson, for Oriaku, said the defendant was a man of previously clean character who was a student in Swansea and had also been working in care sector.

Judge Geraint Walters told the defendant that having watched CCTV footage from the club and having seen him giving evidence in the dock he had come to conclusion that Oriaku "had a very high opinion of yourself, well beyond that which is deserved". He said while the woman may have been "disinhibited" by alcohol that did not give the defendant "the right to decide where it all ended", and he noted the student had then gone back to the friends and "gloated" about what he had done. The judge described the defendant's account of why he returned to the toilets with another male as "fanciful beyond belief" and he described the return to the lavatories as "sinister". Judge Walters described that Oriaku did in the toilets as "truly shameful" and he noted he had shown no remorse for his actions.

Oriaku was sentenced to seven years in prison, and must serve two-thirds of that period before being released on licence to serve the remainder in the community. The defendant will be a registered sex offender for the rest of his life.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/rape-woman-toilets-fiction-club-28038119

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Onyedika Oriaku: Nigerian Student Raped Woman In Nightclub Toilet In Wales by ednut1(m): 4:03pm On Nov 14, 2023
Many of these men were raping women or taking advantage of women in Nigeria. And still continued same in UK. A drunk woman in a club cannot give consent. Serves the idiot right 🤮

214 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Onyedika Oriaku: Nigerian Student Raped Woman In Nightclub Toilet In Wales by KingOfAllIgbos: 4:03pm On Nov 14, 2023
Onyedika Oriaku cool

I read one article of a lady raped by a barber here on Nairaland and I was shocked. shocked

People were saying she wanted sex that's why she allowed them to be together in a room... she must have enjoyed.

Rape apologists better get cured of their stupidity here. You MUST get explicit consent. If you get to the West, they might give you the right medicine for your illness.

Ask Ba aka Oyinbogoju who got 40 years to Life in Prisonment.

https://wap.nairaland.com/4028576/mother-four-raped-sons-barber

95 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Onyedika Oriaku: Nigerian Student Raped Woman In Nightclub Toilet In Wales by Absuchat(m): 4:04pm On Nov 14, 2023
He is Ikwere....they say they're not Igbo, but will bear Igbo name.
Now those people that are allergic to travel and learning will start shouting "Igbo" here and there.

117 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Onyedika Oriaku: Nigerian Student Raped Woman In Nightclub Toilet In Wales by Jeon(f): 4:14pm On Nov 14, 2023
Nigerian Men to the World. They think every nations is like Nigeria, that's lawless and full of shitz where the victim will be blamed while the criminal get away freely.

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Onyedika Oriaku: Nigerian Student Raped Woman In Nightclub Toilet In Wales by 1Sharon(f): 4:24pm On Nov 14, 2023
Another one.

As long as some Nigerian men remain arrogant and entitled, this will keep happening.

Always the newbies because they see white women as novelty.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyedika Oriaku: Nigerian Student Raped Woman In Nightclub Toilet In Wales by Onyiiobi7735(m): 4:26pm On Nov 14, 2023
grin Lust is a spirit on steroids that matches no other except greed and jealousy.Thousands are in prison today and still entering there in droves daily due to Lust and lack of self control.
On a serious note, the sentence given to the animal is very short.The UK judiciary is quite lenient.
If it was here in Lagos,he would have bagged 20 years term or outright life imprisonment.
Magistrate courts of Nigeria are facing rape cases with red eye these days.

25 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Onyedika Oriaku: Nigerian Student Raped Woman In Nightclub Toilet In Wales by Amotolongbo(f): 4:26pm On Nov 14, 2023
Oriaku was sentenced to seven years in prison, and must serve two-thirds of that period before being released on licence to serve the remainder in the community. The defendant will be a registered sex offender for the rest of his life.
This is another conviction different from the 12year sentence just last week🧐😳

These guys have been perpetrating the act since when they were in Nigeria but get away with it cos Nigeria is not strict with her laws.

The best thing for this guy is to return back to Nigeria after finishing his sentence. Cos his presence in the UK is useless

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Onyedika Oriaku: Nigerian Student Raped Woman In Nightclub Toilet In Wales by kingthreat(m): 4:26pm On Nov 14, 2023
He must have done this several times in Nigeria and gotten away with it. Not knowing the karma was for him to continue till he's caught red-handed and openly disgraced about it. Onyedika enjoy your japa grin

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Onyedika Oriaku: Nigerian Student Raped Woman In Nightclub Toilet In Wales by bigdammyj: 4:26pm On Nov 14, 2023
Noted.
Re: Onyedika Oriaku: Nigerian Student Raped Woman In Nightclub Toilet In Wales by Menclothing: 4:27pm On Nov 14, 2023
Village people followed u

8 Likes

Re: Onyedika Oriaku: Nigerian Student Raped Woman In Nightclub Toilet In Wales by DKM123: 4:27pm On Nov 14, 2023
What is it with the many threads about Nigerian men r@ping women in the abroad. Na swear?!!!
Nigerian men causing national embarrassment to the country since 1912..

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Onyedika Oriaku: Nigerian Student Raped Woman In Nightclub Toilet In Wales by Etosha: 4:27pm On Nov 14, 2023
Why rape a woman? I couldn't hold it anymore sometime ago, so I decided to get a lady. I liked one in my neighborhood (a maid 20+). I asked her be my friend, she obliged. She told me she is a virgin ( I don't really care virgin or not).
After months of cool planning and calculations, she got opportunity to visit me. Girl was so stiff and was so stiff and full of complaint... only comfortable with romance. I let her go. Same thing happened second visit. In fact, the moment a woman show resistance my dick falls...

77 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Onyedika Oriaku: Nigerian Student Raped Woman In Nightclub Toilet In Wales by reiddecuti: 4:27pm On Nov 14, 2023
Na them them d developers. grin grin grin

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Onyedika Oriaku: Nigerian Student Raped Woman In Nightclub Toilet In Wales by Goodvibes007: 4:27pm On Nov 14, 2023
Again.

If we talk now

Absuchat:
He is Ikwere....they say they're not Igbo, but will bear Igbo name.
Now those people that are allergic to travel and learning will start shouting "Igbo" here and there.
You go explain tire.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Onyedika Oriaku: Nigerian Student Raped Woman In Nightclub Toilet In Wales by IjebuWarrior: 4:27pm On Nov 14, 2023
He's NOT a Nigerian, abeg. He's a British. angry

How they love to demonize us whenever it's for the wrong reasons. angry

If he's indeed Nigerian, he'd have been deported straight-up! angry

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyedika Oriaku: Nigerian Student Raped Woman In Nightclub Toilet In Wales by ATEAMS: 4:27pm On Nov 14, 2023
I have insecurities of course, but I don’t hang out with anyone who points them out to me.

3 Likes

Re: Onyedika Oriaku: Nigerian Student Raped Woman In Nightclub Toilet In Wales by Theunbothered: 4:27pm On Nov 14, 2023
Nigerian men again? angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyedika Oriaku: Nigerian Student Raped Woman In Nightclub Toilet In Wales by Dogalmighty17: 4:27pm On Nov 14, 2023
Wait. Which kind network our village people dey use? Even Wales ma dem reach am?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyedika Oriaku: Nigerian Student Raped Woman In Nightclub Toilet In Wales by Angelfrost(m): 4:28pm On Nov 14, 2023
Some of you guys go continue to dey fall hand... Such idiots with wandering dicks. undecided

Una mates dey keep their heads down thinking of how to take over the technology, politics, academia, militaries, etc, of these great nations, but una mind is always thinking of one crime or the other to indulge in.

Dem swear for una??!

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Onyedika Oriaku: Nigerian Student Raped Woman In Nightclub Toilet In Wales by seunlayi(m): 4:28pm On Nov 14, 2023
What is wrong with some people

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyedika Oriaku: Nigerian Student Raped Woman In Nightclub Toilet In Wales by dominique(f): 4:28pm On Nov 14, 2023
This is what happens when you grow up in a society that makes excuses rapists.

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Onyedika Oriaku: Nigerian Student Raped Woman In Nightclub Toilet In Wales by oluwaseunamos33(m): 4:28pm On Nov 14, 2023
See this idiots. Life in prison just because of few minutes enjoyment.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyedika Oriaku: Nigerian Student Raped Woman In Nightclub Toilet In Wales by sotall(m): 4:28pm On Nov 14, 2023
embarassed
Re: Onyedika Oriaku: Nigerian Student Raped Woman In Nightclub Toilet In Wales by voltron14: 4:29pm On Nov 14, 2023
Menclothing:
Village people followed u
Their signal na fire.
Re: Onyedika Oriaku: Nigerian Student Raped Woman In Nightclub Toilet In Wales by Whalis: 4:29pm On Nov 14, 2023
Please what is his state of origin?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyedika Oriaku: Nigerian Student Raped Woman In Nightclub Toilet In Wales by iamoyindamola(m): 4:29pm On Nov 14, 2023
Assholes
Castrate them please

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Mildred Joshua Ebuka Sent On An Errand From V.I. To Ikorodu Ends Up In Bauchi / Man Steals From A Facebook Lover After Marathon Sex In Lagos Hotel (Photo) / Hairdresser And Boyfriend Fighting Over Sex In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.