Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,879 members, 7,828,130 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 (21690 Views)

Passengers Flee From Bus As Nigerian Lady Believed To Be Asthmatic Dies (Video) / Lady Who Did 'Natural Pink Lips' Procedure Cries As Her Lip Enlarges (Pix,Video) / Two Months After Fire Incident, Deaf Couple Yet To Get Medical Care (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by Intergrated: 10:25am On Nov 15, 2023
beardedboy:

Who are you dragging? Don't get a job, you hear?

So, if Oni Won the election rice would have been 12k per bag and minimum wage would have been 120k?

You spent the past 8 years hating Fulani. You're spending the next 8 years hating Yoruba. Only God knows who you'll be hating after 8 years.

Take your L. We can criticise Tinubu and even condemn him but that can never mean we will regret picking him over Obi who has a perfect track record of incompetence and bigotry.
obi has track of incompetency. What about una lord and savior?
Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by thatigboman: 10:25am On Nov 15, 2023
Supremos:
Bros he has right to campaign for whomsoever he wants, election is over, it's time for national healing and building. Cheers
national healing? Person die?

1 Like

Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by tsdarkside(m): 10:25am On Nov 15, 2023
Otunbakayce:
This is a senseless statement.

you will still not listen....
Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by Discountsempai: 10:25am On Nov 15, 2023
VIKTO83:
When did seretide become 50k not to talk of 52k.
U people should fear God for once na.
I just called the pharmacy now and it's 20k.

Why do Nigerians like spreading evil news?

Depends on the pharmacy the guy is buying it from. If he is buying it from those pharmacies that are located in high end malls like NOVARE...possible. If not...

Seretide is also likely to be scarce, as its maker GSK has pulled out of Nigeria.
Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by Otunbakayce: 10:26am On Nov 15, 2023
AllDModsAreMaad:

Be considerate, comot 2015 because people make mistakes, start from 2019.
I will only consider Gen Z who didn't know how clueless Buhari is before they were born. But you see those Adults and Elderly that voted for him I pray they suffer more.
The death rate in all hospitals in Nigeria has increased by 40%

1 Like

Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by ThierryJay: 10:26am On Nov 15, 2023
VIKTO83:

Pls I would appreciate if you can share the name of the pharmacy where you got it at 20k.

I got one last week for 36k. Wont mind getting another for 20k.

5 Likes

Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by Reference(m): 10:26am On Nov 15, 2023
Supremos:
Bros he has right to campaign for whomsoever he wants, election is over, it's time for national healing and building. Cheers

This is the problem.
A people that do not know HOW to organise themselves into a viable society.
Painful to see his situation but the bolded is EXACTLY why we are here.
And I call it what the statement portends, IRRESPONSIBILITY.

His 'right' (whether it is true who he did vote or not) has consequences.
Elections may be over but the consequences remain and may remain till the next time he has a choice to make.

We feel we can separate issues, take certain actions and have another life to experience something entirely different from the consequences. It will just not happen. Nigerians of all leanings must become diligent to know that only they can determine what they experience within a geo-political entity.

I don't vote, never have voted, have never seen a system in place to make me vote any party or candidate but I take full responsibility everyday for the situation in Nigeria because I feel I am not acting right or putting enough effort in doing right. So I find it utterly unimaginable that someone will say or think he can 'campaign for whomsoever he wants and after elections are over he can assume things will just begin to work right of their own accord.....

The man is complaining of inflation. Inflation did not fall from the sky. It is a direct result of leadership decisions founded on an ideology those who took the decisions believe and practice. And leadership is put there by you and I. So what do you want to heal and build on that sure foundation of leadership.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by Otunbakayce: 10:26am On Nov 15, 2023
tsdarkside:

you will still not listen....
You will learn by force.

1 Like

Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by Zhunnurayn(m): 10:28am On Nov 15, 2023
This is completely false news. I Know prices have gone up but seretide inhaler can never be half the price this false news monger is claiming. Just spreading fear and mischief.

In the words of buhari....I did not believe it, and I still do not believe it angry
Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by tsdarkside(m): 10:28am On Nov 15, 2023
Otunbakayce:
You will learn by force.

they will have to....
they think votin will solve anything....

look them election loosers don land on this thread talkin rubbish....

no money is no money....it doesnt matter who they vote now....
Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by OmoOshodi(m): 10:29am On Nov 15, 2023
VIKTO83:

Na fake you dey buy

2 Likes

Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by gloriana(f): 10:29am On Nov 15, 2023
VIKTO83:

on the 30th of October my elder brother asked me to help him get seretide from my area as he couldn't get it at his place. I went to the pharmacy near me n d lady said it was 35k. I told him and he screamed. D last time he bought it was 5,500 naira. He proudly asked me to forget about it that when he goes to work d next day he'll get it at a pharmacy in mushin only for him to be told 62k. He called me to quickly get d one in my area but unfortunately I wasn't at home then.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by OmoOshodi(m): 10:30am On Nov 15, 2023
ThierryJay:

Pls I would appreciate if you can share the name of the pharmacy where you got it at 20k.

I got one last week for 36k. Won't mind getting another for 20k.
don't mind him
Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by Cmanforall: 10:32am On Nov 15, 2023
Supremos:
I don't seem to understand your position bro

Check the price of that drug abroad. It is expensive comparing it with current exchange rate.
One of those he posted there cost up to £60 (check what it'll be in Naira).

The fact that those drugs are not manufactured in Nigeria makes them expensive.
Imagine the prices if you are to import and sell.

It's an unfortunate situation, but most likely people may start buying same content but produced by newer pharma companies (maybe from Asia).

Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by Angrigowt: 10:32am On Nov 15, 2023
E no consign me. Na make my client pay my 3k btc dey my head today.i need buy c300 this week
Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by tsdarkside(m): 10:33am On Nov 15, 2023
when i was in europe,i got mine for 400k....

this is what awaits us in nigeria....
its either we separate from this world or things will become much worser....

goverment this,govement that....
Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by Charisma01: 10:33am On Nov 15, 2023
Generalmystic:
That guy face looks like one Agbado urchin I was following on Facebook that campaigned for Tinubu unabashedly

Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by Otunbakayce: 10:34am On Nov 15, 2023
tsdarkside:

they will have to....
they think votin will solve anything....

look them election loosers don land on this thread talkin rubbish....

no money is no money....it doesnt matter who they vote now....
Who you vote for matters a lot. It's simple Economic fundamentals.
Stop fooling yourself, who you vote for matters. Zambia is a very simple case study.

3 Likes

Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by tsdarkside(m): 10:34am On Nov 15, 2023
Angrigowt:
E no consign me. Na make my client pay my 3k btc dey my head today.i need buy c300 this week

you still dey do btc....??
Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by wethebest(m): 10:36am On Nov 15, 2023
Supremos:
Kindly make your point without sounding hurt or pained. Don't take it personal.

Elections are over. The way forward is my priority.

Peace ✌️

The way forward is what you all are enjoying so. The hardship is not selecting tribes nd religion. During election, u guys wr all abt tribe nd religion to bring evil men to rule Nigeria and now u wanna change d narrative after election?

5 Likes

Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by tsdarkside(m): 10:36am On Nov 15, 2023
Otunbakayce:
Who you vote for matters a lot. It's simple Economic fundamentals.
Stop fooling yourself, who you vote for matters. Zambia is a very simple case study.

it doesnt matter bros....

if the person you vote doesnt have the money to finance your laziness,explain to me how....
na his own money he will use or tax money....??
Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by tsdarkside(m): 10:38am On Nov 15, 2023
i dont understand how you nigerians reason....

how you wan solve nigerias problems without taxin nigerians even more....
Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by nairalanda1(m): 10:39am On Nov 15, 2023
Generalmystic:
E be like say your head dey pain you Oga.

I've never implied he doesn't have right to campaign for whomsoever he so wishes.

I'm only saying that he was one of the Yoruba 'Ronu-ists' who used tribal card to bring us all into this untold hardship and national mess.
He should be proud to enjoy the government he helped brought in. He should face the consequences of his action

Am here to tell you, and I speak as someone who does not LIKE PDP, APC, Buhari, Tinubu, GEJ, etc...that if we voted GEJ in 2015, or Obi this year, the SAME issues would have been there.

The problem is, our economy since independence has been dependent on the price of whatever we sell..be it oil today, cocoa, palmoil, groundnut, etc in the past. In the good old days, when the UK was a guaranteed buyer for most of our products, we 'suruivd', but by the 1980's we were relying on oil.

In 2014, oil crashed. And oil prices never went up again till....2021 december.

The problem was, during the low oil price, we had to take loans to keep our heads above water. Now, we are loaned up, and most of our oil revenue is going to pay for the loans.

And the thing is, APC promised that they would diversify the economy, something they have not done since 2015, which makes the bad situation worse. BUT...if PDP had stayed in power...the same thing would have happened.

And if Obi had won and taken over, the same situation would have happened....because it is what happens when the price of the resource you sell is not high enough to pay for your debts, pay for imports and pay for welfare projects like subsidy at the same time.

Nigerian politicans in my opinion are all alike because none of them want to diversify the economy, nor do they have ideas how they should. And none of them wants to fight corruption, or raise tax revenue.

1 Like

Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by tsdarkside(m): 10:39am On Nov 15, 2023
you will hate anybody that tax you more to solve issues anyways....
soo whats the point....
Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by Corrections: 10:40am On Nov 15, 2023
VIKTO83:

What is the difference between #20k and #52k for a drug that used to be less than #6k before?

Someone says he got one not quite long #36k!!!

Yet una leader awarded themselves SUV that Worth over #100 million to cruise the bad road that Nigerians ( whom they are suppose to serve ) are plying everyday in pain.

May God heal the sick and may we not be sick in Jesus name!!! Amen..............................the corrupt leaders failed them.

2 Likes

Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by CHIOMAEZEH: 10:40am On Nov 15, 2023
Generalmystic:
That guy face looks like one Agbado urchin I was following on Facebook that campaigned for Tinubu unabashedly

He campaigned for Tunubu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqGz3IZkjWs

2 Likes

Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by Angrigowt: 10:41am On Nov 15, 2023
Btc whether its high or lo. I get my funds
tsdarkside:

you still dey do btc....??
Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by DKM123: 10:43am On Nov 15, 2023
Those saying "election is over so let's move on" are the biggest cl0wns of the century. Move on to where exactly?
It's like head dey pain una! You never took your future seriously with plans to move progressively ahead and that's why you canvassed and voted in all sorts of TESTED AND CONFIRMED THIEVES.

Why will your leaders take you seriously and help you "move on" to a good future when you don't hold them ACCOUNTABLE and RESPONSIBLE but instead defend their evil and insult those who speak up.

Move on kee all you paid APChit propagandaist dia!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by Greatblackpimp(m): 10:44am On Nov 15, 2023
LeyeWrites:
Seretide is not 52k.

There's no need to imagine.

Somebody made a video with the price on the pack. All you're doing is saying it's not that price..without evidence or anything more substantial. Are you daft ?

4 Likes

Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by BreakingNews21: 10:46am On Nov 15, 2023
From personal experience ground Cardamom Seed spice works better than any expensive man-made pharmaceutical product to clear the lungs!

1 Like

Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by Zhunnurayn(m): 10:47am On Nov 15, 2023
lomprico:

Ogun kii you dia! Did you not see the price tag on it in the video? Let's assume its even 20k how will you justify something that is sold 8k before to 20k now?

Just because you want to be paid 30k to defend the criminals in power! Bastard!
.he Simply made his own point and knowledge clear. What warrants calling him bastard
Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by Khyrvxjzy: 10:48am On Nov 15, 2023
Generalmystic:

ibo will say na only yoruba get asthma

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Woman Loses Hands And Legs To Illegal Butt Injection / Zimbabwean Man Discovers His Wife Has Been Hiding Her HIV Status / How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.