Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,462 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 (21581 Views)

Passengers Flee From Bus As Nigerian Lady Believed To Be Asthmatic Dies (Video) / Lady Who Did 'Natural Pink Lips' Procedure Cries As Her Lip Enlarges (Pix,Video) / Two Months After Fire Incident, Deaf Couple Yet To Get Medical Care (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by nairalanda1(m): 10:48am On Nov 15, 2023
DKM123:
Those saying "election is over so let's move on" are the biggest cl0wns of the century. Move on to where exactly?
It's like head dey pain una! You never took your future seriously with plans to move progressively ahead and that's why you canvassed and voted in all sorts of TESTED AND CONFIRMED THIEVES.

Why will your leaders take you seriously and help you "move on" to a good future when you don't hold them ACCOUNTABLE and RESPONSIBLE but instead defend their evil and insult those who speak up.

Move on kee una there!

Agreed....but if we voted Obi or Atiku...they would face

1.High debt

2.90% or more of our revenue is going into debt servicing

3.Low income from taxes.

At the end, they would probably do something similar to what Tinubu has done. Maybe even worse.

It does not make Tinubu a good leader (buying cars and yacht in times of trobuled finances tells ya a lot)...but things would still be the same.

2 Likes

Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by Supremos: 10:49am On Nov 15, 2023
wethebest:

The way forward is what you all are enjoying so. The hardship is not selecting tribes nd religion. During election, u guys wr all abt tribe nd religion to bring evil men to rule Nigeria and now u wanna change d narrative after election?
I don't know which one is you people 😂.

For record purpose, I'm Igbo and I mobilized everyone within my reach to go out and vote Obi not necessarily because he's Igbo but because he's Worth his onion
Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by tsdarkside(m): 10:53am On Nov 15, 2023
Angrigowt:
Btc whether its high or lo. I get my funds

am soo sorry for you....
do you even understand the person that started btc is been procecuted in court today....??

keep on lettin whites deceive you....
Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by ClearFlair: 10:53am On Nov 15, 2023
Supremos:
Bros he has right to campaign for whomsoever he wants, election is over, it's time for national healing and building. Cheers

Then he should keep his problems to himself na. It's not hard. We no wan know
Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by ConfidentialDoc: 10:55am On Nov 15, 2023
Otunbakayce:
You people will suffer a lot. I pray everyone who voted APC right from 2015 to 2023 will suffer the most.

I have perfected plans to increase my consultation fee from #5,000 to #15,000 effective from December 2023
If you can't pay for it, just go to herbalist or Government hospital.

Lol ! Even a family doctor I know in Benin, has already been charging 15,000 since January.

2 Likes

Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by tsdarkside(m): 10:55am On Nov 15, 2023
nairalanda1:

Agreed....but if we voted Obi or Atiku...they would face

1.High debt

2.90% or more of our revenue is going into debt servicing

3.Low income from taxes.

At the end, they would probably do something similar to what Tinubu has done. Maybe even worse.

It does not make Tinubu a good leader (buying cars and yacht in times of trobuled finances tells ya a lot)...but things would still be the same.

ehen....
they are still waitin for magic solutions without havin money....
look what tinubu is tryin....he went immediatly runnin around tellin people to trust nigeria with money....
Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by LeyeWrites: 10:56am On Nov 15, 2023
Greenfusion:

SERETIDE IS BETWEEN 48,000 AND 52,000.....GO TO THE PHARMACY AND ASK FOR IT...... IT'S NO JOKE, GO YOURSELF
Very good of you to say between.

48k and 52k are not the same thing.
Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by asanausana91: 10:57am On Nov 15, 2023
Generalmystic:
Apparently you didn't see it on the video
he doesn't have data to watch the video.

1 Like

Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by Guyman01: 10:58am On Nov 15, 2023
Tinubu: Let the poor breathe!
Poor Asthmatic patients: You have suffocated us already 😢

2 Likes

Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by okooloyun1(m): 10:58am On Nov 15, 2023
VIKTO83:
When did seretide become 50k not to talk of 52k.
U people should fear God for once na.
I just called the pharmacy now and it's 20k.

Why do Nigerians like spreading evil news?
Even at 20k, it's still expensive as it was sold around N5,500 some months ago.
Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by RandomFellow: 11:03am On Nov 15, 2023
LeyeWrites:
Seretide is not 52k.

There's no need to imagine.

I just walked into a pharmacy here in Abuja like 5mins ago, they said Seretide is 62,500. shocked shocked shocked... Na curiosity carry me enter there ooo... Jesu!!!

5 Likes

Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by Judybash93(m): 11:03am On Nov 15, 2023
Well, na everyone go chop part of this crap!
Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by Dougad: 11:03am On Nov 15, 2023
Otunbakayce:
This is a senseless statement.

It is very foolish.

I'm just applying the standard APC statement to this situation.

1 Like

Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by Judybash93(m): 11:04am On Nov 15, 2023
RandomFellow:

I just walked into a pharmacy here in Abuja like 5mins ago, they said Seretide is 62,500. shocked shocked shocked... Na curiosity carry me enter there ooo... Jesu!!!

Gadamn
Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by RandomFellow: 11:04am On Nov 15, 2023
okooloyun1:
Even at 20k, it's still expensive as it was sold around N5,500 some months ago.

Don't mind them, living in denials. I walkied in like a few mins ago, they said 62,500!!!

1 Like

Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by Zhunnurayn(m): 11:05am On Nov 15, 2023
nairalanda1:

Am here to tell you, and I speak as someone who does not LIKE PDP, APC, Buhari, Tinubu, GEJ, etc...that if we voted GEJ in 2015, or Obi this year, the SAME issues would have been there.

The problem is, our economy since independence has been dependent on the price of whatever we sell..be it oil today, cocoa, palmoil, groundnut, etc in the past. In the good old days, when the UK was a guaranteed buyer for most of our products, we 'suruivd', but by the 1980's we were relying on oil.

In 2014, oil crashed. And oil prices never went up again till....2021 december.

The problem was, during the low oil price, we had to take loans to keep our heads above water. Now, we are loaned up, and most of our oil revenue is going to pay for the loans.

And the thing is, APC promised that they would diversify the economy, something they have not done since 2015, which makes the bad situation worse. BUT...if PDP had stayed in power...the same thing would have happened.

And if Obi had won and taken over, the same situation would have happened....because it is what happens when the price of the resource you sell is not high enough to pay for your debts, pay for imports and pay for welfare projects like subsidy at the same time.

Nigerian politicans in my opinion are all alike because none of them want to diversify the economy, nor do they have ideas how they should. And none of them wants to fight corruption, or raise tax revenue.

Thank you for the enlightenment, so what happened to the groundnut, palmoil and Cocoa exports? Did they lost their market value too??
Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by VIKTO83(m): 11:06am On Nov 15, 2023
ThierryJay:

Pls I would appreciate if you can share the name of the pharmacy where you got it at 20k.

I got one last week for 36k. Wont mind getting another for 20k.

From ilorin.
Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by emmyN(m): 11:08am On Nov 15, 2023
Blaze14k:

Please escalation is strictly for ronu people we the south south and southeast will never be part of it

They are teaching us a political lesson. cheesy

1 Like

Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by Splashme: 11:09am On Nov 15, 2023
Sad
Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by Calitoscassius(m): 11:10am On Nov 15, 2023
If he voted for Tifnubu he should go and dye!
Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by Beverlyjean(f): 11:15am On Nov 15, 2023
Supremos:
Bros he has right to campaign for whomsoever he wants, election is over, it's time for national healing and building. Cheers

U just posted pure nonsense... oh u want people to support and elect those that will destroy the economy and on the other hand u want us to support that same person when the economy destroys the persons livelihood....
Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by LondonCool(m): 11:15am On Nov 15, 2023
In the UK Seretide is also very expensive. It costs around £33 (N46,000).

Ask your Doctor to prescribe Fostair (Nexthaler) for you. It is similar to Fostair in strength and more pocket friendly.

1 Like

Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by themanderon: 11:18am On Nov 15, 2023
VIKTO83:

Do you know his location? You think the price your buy in Lagos is the same you buy in other states?
Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by izubext007: 11:19am On Nov 15, 2023
They don't really care about us
Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by onyxo76(m): 11:22am On Nov 15, 2023
Discountsempai:
If the patients were under the NHIS, the drugs should be cheaper.

Personally, I have long since switched to insurance, and my drugs costs have gone down drastically.

The main issue with NHIS is some drugs may not be covered.

Also, last year, the NHIA act was signed into law. Ideally the law makes provision for funding of drug costs for poor people.

NHIS will never give you such drugs ,they will ask you to buy it from outside, i work in an NHIS Accredited health facility and i can tell you for free that you can't get anything more than septrin ,ampliclox etc anything more than that is out of stock.

2 Likes

Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by Fugitive: 11:23am On Nov 15, 2023
It's easy to type rubbish on your keyboard, simply because you are not directly involved. I don't care to know the political party in charge.
Those with respiratory challenges understand the dynamics and the pains involved. When you go to the pharmacy and find out the current prices of medicines especially those manufactured by GSK. You'd see that it's not funny.

3 Likes

Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by Quranisforfools: 11:24am On Nov 15, 2023
In Abuja it is actually 65,000

I used to buy it at 2,000 naira 3 years ago for my late aunt who had respiratory health issues.

LeyeWrites:
Seretide is not 52k.

There's no need to imagine.

Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by rinzylee(m): 11:24am On Nov 15, 2023
Elections have consequences!!!

APC is a devilish party.

God help these patients.. it breaks my heart.

We begged and warned...we were mocked.

See the end result.

Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by SIRTee15: 11:24am On Nov 15, 2023
VIKTO83:

Even if there are other brands that sell for 20k, Is 20k cheap, something that asthmatic people needs to buy every month.
Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by nedekid: 11:25am On Nov 15, 2023
kpamukutu:
Where are we heading to in this country
Augmentine is 20k
Coveram 10 10 is 19k
14 tablets pack of Zerelto is 30k
Wrong time for anyone to be sick, If one gets sick, better have millions is not, na to die like chicken.
Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by Otunbakayce: 11:26am On Nov 15, 2023
ConfidentialDoc:

Lol ! Even a family doctor I know in Benin, has already been charging 15,000 since January.
Many Nigerians don't know what has befallen them yet.
I will continue to offer treatment and consult to the highest bidder, same way elecrions is now for the highest bidder until I leave the shithole.
The wickedness will go round!

3 Likes

Re: High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 by adioolayi(m): 11:27am On Nov 15, 2023
We need import waivers on essential drugs that we know we don't manufacture in Nigeria.

Not only that, these drugs should be subsidized and made available at government hospitals across the country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Herbal Medicine(alternative Medicine) Versus Orthodox Medicine / Man Born With His Heart In His Abdomen / How Many Times Do You Take Your Bath/shower Daily?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.