Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Ribadu To Labour: Please Call Off The Strike, We've Arrested Ajaero's Attackers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu To Labour: Please Call Off The Strike, We've Arrested Ajaero's Attackers (31779 Views)

NLC President, Ajaero, Arrested & Beaten By Police, Rushed To FMC Owerri / Pictures Of NLC President Ajaero & Oshiomhole At The FG & NLC Meeting / Reno Omokri Reacts To Peter Obi's Defection To Labour Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ribadu To Labour: Please Call Off The Strike, We've Arrested Ajaero's Attackers by fergie001: 11:02am On Nov 15, 2023
National Security Adviser, Nuhu Ribadu, on Wednesday apologised to the organised labour over the attack on President of Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), Joe Ajaero, in Owerri, Imo State capital, on November 1.

Ajaero, who stormed Owerri to lead a protest, was severely beaten and detained for hours.

Consequently, the Labour gave Government an ultimatum to meet some demands, including arresting those behind the attack on Ajaero, threatening to begin nationwide strike if the demands were not met.

The Federal Government had gone to court to restrain labour, but the strike commenced on Monday, paralysing activities across the nation.

In a statement signed by the Head of Strategic Communications in the Office of the National Security Adviser, Zakari U Mijinyawa, on Wednesday, Ribadu urged the movement to rescind its decisions on the ongoing strike , adding that attackers of Ajaero have been arrested and investigations had commenced.

Ribadu said the Federal Government regrets the incident that happened in Imo and condemns it in its entirety, noting that it was against the rule of law and the principles of freedom of association and expression subscribed to by President Tinubu and his administration.

The statement read, “The Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA) is concerned by the declaration of a nationwide strike by the leadership of the Organised Labour led by the NLC and TUC.

“The NSA is particularly worried about the implications of the strike action on the livelihood of ordinary Nigerians and its potential impact on economic security and other strategic national interests.

“As attested by the NLC leadership, the NSA immediately intervened on learning about the travails of the President of the Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC), Comrade Joseph Ajero who was assaulted in Owerri, Imo State.

“The NSA regrets the incident and condemns it in its entirety as it was against the rule of law and the principles of freedom of association and expression subscribed to by President Bola Ahmed Tinubu and his administration.

“The Federal Government will never condone such an act.

“As a fallout of the incident relevant authorities were directed to conduct thorough investigation into the circumstances surrounding the assault and bring to book the culprits. Available update indicates that some arrests have already been made in this regard. The outcome of the investigation will be made public as soon as it is concluded.

“The Federal Government, through the Office of the NSA, therefore, appeals to the labour leadership to call off the current strike action and allow the dialogue process underway to be exhausted.”

SOURCE

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ribadu To Labour: Please Call Off The Strike, We've Arrested Ajaero's Attackers by Ikaeniyan0: 11:04am On Nov 15, 2023
Mumu man

152 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ribadu To Labour: Please Call Off The Strike, We've Arrested Ajaero's Attackers by iammo(m): 11:06am On Nov 15, 2023
cool

When your enemies know you are weak, then you are gone...

Ajero and NLC would show Ribadu and Nigerians shege

One police Officer from SouthEast, Imo State, probably Officer Chinedu slapped Ajero,

him don turn am to National issues

Thank you lord I didn't vote for Biter Obi and his group of self centered mob,

Please 🙏 Strike, cripple the economy, Abacha Regime no kill me, Emefiele no kill me, Ajero no go kill me

Police Officer a Nigerian labor force member slapped a Nigerian Labour Union Association leader, Na me wey dey hustle for my bread they want to stress

51 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ribadu To Labour: Please Call Off The Strike, We've Arrested Ajaero's Attackers by Feintline: 11:09am On Nov 15, 2023
If someone has told me in my dream that Nuhu ribadu will be a part of this criminal gang to desecrate and destroy Nigeria, I would have slapped the person.
This was one of the few men that I personally admired for their straightforwadness, honesty, courage and diligence.

Alas today, the so called honest and saint ribadu is a kingmaker in this desecration and lawless group of criminals that have hijacked nd desecrated the land and institutions of Nigeria.

Nuhu ribadu you are great disappointment to me personally.
I Believe a whole lot of Nigerians who held you in high esteem are ashamed of you.

226 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Ribadu To Labour: Please Call Off The Strike, We've Arrested Ajaero's Attackers by GOFRONT(m): 11:09am On Nov 15, 2023
Chaiii......Nnamdi Kanu has seen it all.

Naija truely a zoo

74 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ribadu To Labour: Please Call Off The Strike, We've Arrested Ajaero's Attackers by Kukutente23: 11:10am On Nov 15, 2023
Yet one silly boy called helinues opened a thread to declare the strike a failure from his "foam" in his face-me-i-slap-you apartment
Tueh on his zombified brain

222 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Ribadu To Labour: Please Call Off The Strike, We've Arrested Ajaero's Attackers by jlinkd78(m): 11:10am On Nov 15, 2023
Noted
Re: Ribadu To Labour: Please Call Off The Strike, We've Arrested Ajaero's Attackers by Urheadmaster(m): 11:11am On Nov 15, 2023
grin

Thought that Nuhu Ribadu is a national security adviser. Since when did he switched to APC spokesman tongue

94 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ribadu To Labour: Please Call Off The Strike, We've Arrested Ajaero's Attackers by WhisperedNoise: 11:14am On Nov 15, 2023
Nooooo
If I were to be NLC's chairman, this strike is the perfect time to advocate for the masses.

Things are bloody expensive. Drugs are expensive. Food is expensive. Transportation is expensive. The country itself is expensive, yet the FG allocated BILLIONS for a non existent office of the First Lady.

First things first:
- Increase minimum wage to at least #70,000. Workers can't be earning 30,000 while politicians steal billions.

- Reduce fuel price and remove subsidy after Dangote starts his refinery. Fuel at #700/ltr is insane.

- There MUST be safety and security in the country. This country is becoming too unsafe.

- THE JUDICIARY MUST BE UNBIASED. The common man must be able to tender his case to a court and get fair judgement.

When these are done, the country will feel better for everyone.

If FG doesn't agree, grind every single activity to a halt.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ribadu To Labour: Please Call Off The Strike, We've Arrested Ajaero's Attackers by magoo10(m): 11:16am On Nov 15, 2023
just do what is right and stop disgracing Nigerians in the eyes of the international community.

urchins and sycophants una mumu never do ,we have sane nigerians living.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ribadu To Labour: Please Call Off The Strike, We've Arrested Ajaero's Attackers by Chicagograduate(m): 11:18am On Nov 15, 2023
Was it not the police that assaulted him?NLC is a body that is fighting for the welfare of both the police.So attacking him means they are doing eye service.They should know that they will one day complain about their own welfare and they will be attack too

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ribadu To Labour: Please Call Off The Strike, We've Arrested Ajaero's Attackers by bonechamberlain(m): 11:18am On Nov 15, 2023
angry arrested them on paper.

A reactionary govt, where was ribadu since Nov 1. Where is the president, v.p and others, as expected they are all scheming on how to loot, further destroy institutions and make life difficult for Nigerians. Nothing concerns them if the NLC strikes till the second coming. Evil people.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ribadu To Labour: Please Call Off The Strike, We've Arrested Ajaero's Attackers by hisexcellency34: 11:19am On Nov 15, 2023
So NLC has to go on strike before you arrest his attackers

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ribadu To Labour: Please Call Off The Strike, We've Arrested Ajaero's Attackers by Jokerman(m): 11:19am On Nov 15, 2023
Good.

Please they should call off the strike

1 Like

Re: Ribadu To Labour: Please Call Off The Strike, We've Arrested Ajaero's Attackers by mastermaestro(m): 11:19am On Nov 15, 2023
All of you supporting this despicable strike action can now see that it was never declared to better your living, but to recover the bruised ego of a certain labour leader. Shameless people! grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ribadu To Labour: Please Call Off The Strike, We've Arrested Ajaero's Attackers by Pakute: 11:19am On Nov 15, 2023
Ajaero's right eye will never remain the same again, God bless the good citizens that redesigned his right eye. Many union don dey talk say if NLC wan try shut down their office say dem go mend NLC and beat dem like thief. Ajaero the short devil don turn NLC to agbero union.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ribadu To Labour: Please Call Off The Strike, We've Arrested Ajaero's Attackers by 43Ronin: 11:20am On Nov 15, 2023
hm
Re: Ribadu To Labour: Please Call Off The Strike, We've Arrested Ajaero's Attackers by jogsman01(m): 11:20am On Nov 15, 2023
Feeling the heat already?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ribadu To Labour: Please Call Off The Strike, We've Arrested Ajaero's Attackers by adioolayi(m): 11:20am On Nov 15, 2023
Na wa o

1 Like

Re: Ribadu To Labour: Please Call Off The Strike, We've Arrested Ajaero's Attackers by Throwback: 11:20am On Nov 15, 2023
You have arrested his attackers, but have you allowed his party, LP to become Governor in Imo State?

You think this particular strike is for any national interest?

Did NLC since the Tinubu regime go ahead with any planned strike before this one?

What then makes this one different?

Personal hurt and partisan political loss.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ribadu To Labour: Please Call Off The Strike, We've Arrested Ajaero's Attackers by alsudan: 11:20am On Nov 15, 2023
Mumus, I thought the strike flopped, why una come de beg

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ribadu To Labour: Please Call Off The Strike, We've Arrested Ajaero's Attackers by Administration1: 11:20am On Nov 15, 2023
Lolz
Re: Ribadu To Labour: Please Call Off The Strike, We've Arrested Ajaero's Attackers by izubext007: 11:21am On Nov 15, 2023
The strike most continue

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ribadu To Labour: Please Call Off The Strike, We've Arrested Ajaero's Attackers by Apus: 11:21am On Nov 15, 2023
It's not even about Ajaero's attack alone.

How about FG begins to honour and show commitment to agreements earlier reached upon. Also the government should show concern for citizens and conduct themselves in tandem with the present realities. You don't tell citizens to tighten their belts while you go spend over #57.6billion on SUVs. People are dying everyday due to unprecedented hardship, poverty and hopelessness out there. It's as though FG just intentionally want to spite the people. These are the realities on ground.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ribadu To Labour: Please Call Off The Strike, We've Arrested Ajaero's Attackers by Kingpele(m): 11:21am On Nov 15, 2023
Okay NLC is a very useless organisation...if they had Carried that strike against fuel subsidy..the government would have been serious with them but they failed to show seriousness now they don beat their oga like a thief in owerri

6 Likes

Re: Ribadu To Labour: Please Call Off The Strike, We've Arrested Ajaero's Attackers by tommy589(m): 11:22am On Nov 15, 2023
Why delaying until now? Both FG and NLC are not serious. Banks and many other institutions delayed operation this morning because of Ajaero pummeling.

Why putting us through this,when many of us have no interest in their ego fight
Re: Ribadu To Labour: Please Call Off The Strike, We've Arrested Ajaero's Attackers by OlujobaSamuel: 11:22am On Nov 15, 2023
Nice one. This is the only reasonable statement so far on the event, all the court injunction, what is he searching for in the state, I wasn't inform he is coming, etc doesn't make sense.
The FG should disclosed identity of arrest made in respect to the case.
Except under a military regime, attacking the NLC president will definitely backfire, workers will revolt, not because they like the president, but their rank and file might be broken

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe Withdraws Suit Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification On Certificate / The END Of IPOB Is Here. / Policemen Jump Inside Bush As Unknown Gunmen Storm Checkpoint In Aguata, Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.