Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,236 members, 7,829,425 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell (16640 Views)

This Snake Just Bit My Brother / Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos / 93yrs Old Nigerian Sickle Cell Lady, Narrates How She Survived Against All Odds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by AwkaFinest: 11:03pm On Nov 16, 2023
Bmaster:
I said 3 tabs of folic and aspirin.
Folic is actually 5mg.
Aspirin Tab is 50 mg.
Total taken is 150+15mg=====165mg.
It's a fight bro,that's how I have been surviving.
The major function of the duo combination is to fight against cold.
All sicklers have pneumonia,and as such suffers from cold.
Their crisis are mostly triggered by cold,make enquiry.

They are not labelled "warriors" for nothing.
They fights steady

Stop capping. You are just abusing those medications.

There are several things that can trigger crisis in SCD. Things like infection, dehydration, extreme temperatures(too cold or too hot), hypoxia(lack of oxygen), stress etc can cause sickle cell crisis.

Stop abusing Aspirin and folic Acid for your own good. 5mg of Folic Acid per day is enough. Aspirin on a daily basis? even if it's low dose aspirin I see no reason for you to be taking it on a daily basis, not to talk of taking 200mg(check your last post where you mentioned taking aspirin 3 with 3 folic acid and 1 with Vitamin C) of Aspirin daily. Drug induced peptic ulcer and AKI are no joke.
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Juniorangel(m): 12:19am On Nov 17, 2023
Let him check what triggers his crisis it could be weather,stress etc and avoid it
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by professore(m): 12:55am On Nov 17, 2023
Emma513:
I have an issue that is bothering me. My brother is sickle cell due to my parents mistake during marriage. I have been reading topics about sicklers and it has being bothering me. It there any sickler here or has an experience. Please help. How do you overcome it. And what are things to do
It will get to a certain time then the sickness will stop. They should not engage in stressful things (e.g. carrying heavy objects, they should know they are not sport persons). They should eat balanced diet and fruit. They should be shown love and care. They should not be exposed to too much cold.
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by DrAda(f): 1:52am On Nov 17, 2023
Emma513:
HOW. BECAUSE I LIVE IN IMO STATE

That's not far
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by phemmyfour: 2:19am On Nov 17, 2023
Emma513:
I have an issue that is bothering me. My brother is sickle cell due to my parents mistake during marriage. I have been reading topics about sicklers and it has being bothering me. It there any sickler here or has an experience. Please help. How do you overcome it. And what are things to do
No solution. That's what your parents wanting to be together at all cost inflict pain on their child
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Bmaster(m): 5:45am On Nov 17, 2023
AwkaFinest:

Stop capping. You are just abusing those medications.

There are several things that can trigger crisis in SCD. Things like infection, dehydration, extreme temperatures(too cold or too hot), hypoxia(lack of oxygen), stress etc can cause sickle cell crisis.

Stop abusing Aspirin and folic Acid for your own good. 5mg of Folic Acid per day is enough. Aspirin on a daily basis? even if it's low dose aspirin I see no reason for you to be taking it on a daily basis, not to talk of taking 200mg(check your last post where you mentioned taking aspirin 3 with 3 folic acid and 1 with Vitamin C) of Aspirin daily. Drug induced peptic ulcer and AKI are no joke.
you said there several things that can trigger crisis,things like infection (and I recommended penicillin tab every month end)
You said dehydration (I recommended enough in take of water)
U said extreme cold(I recommend wearing of hoodie during cold seasons)
You said lack of oxygen (I told them to limit his exercises to a maximum of 30 minutes)
The only mistake I made is that i forgot to tell them to eat at least 30 minutes after taking folic and aspirin on empty stomach(I am so sorry for not telling them)
It will help them against ulcer.
But again is Aspirin and folic combination necessary?
Yes!!! It is.
You might be a doctor,buh the duo combination was also recommended to me by a doctor.
This is me talking from experience of what I know,and what I am going through.
It's not like I am talking from what I read from Google search

1 Like

Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Ndidi2: 6:27am On Nov 17, 2023
Blake755:

Yes it is too hard to believe but bitter kola has the properties that could be a cure to sickle cell i wish the could make more investigation about it
It has kolaviron that could cure and malaria
It could fight inflammation
It fights cold
The most important one is it boost immune system when i found about it i was going crazy
People now says am adding weight who won't add weight when there is no crisis again
All i needed now is just to work on my self on what i eat you know
I now have peace of mind no more unnecessary visit to hospital 🙈🙈
Thank you
God bless you and always be with you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Emma513: 7:24am On Nov 17, 2023
HannyCJ:
There is a sickle cell center hospital ( government hospital) at Abeokuta. If your are around Lagos you can take your brother there, they will treat him better and teach him what to do to manage his health. Try to go there, cuz it's there specialty

I LIVE IN IMO STATE
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Emma513: 7:30am On Nov 17, 2023
Eriokanmi:
There are 2 ways to ending this but one of it is the best

1) God (the best)
2) Bone marrow transplant( the medical/scientific route)

I have a colleague who was born in the 60s. He's still alive till today, all to the glory of God. You cannot even know if he's a sickler or not. He has never gone for any transfusion. There was a time he took ill. people thought he was going to die. He had sores on his ankles. He said, God must not let him die and he will serve Him till the end. That was the end of the crises. His bone received flesh and sores closed up miraculously. Once in every week, he fasts and prays. No sign of sickle cell in him. He's as healthy and strong as normal beings. This is the surest solution and your brother will be fine. May God restore his health and make him strong. There is nothing God cannot do. He has changed SS cases to AA. But your brother must believe and have an unwavering faith in God
THANKS
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Emma513: 7:31am On Nov 17, 2023
Timothy89:
Eat good and health foods
take fruit

eat cook fresh vegetables
avoid alcoholic drinks of beverages
don't stress yourself, your psychic
always be happy
OK THANKS
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Emma513: 7:37am On Nov 17, 2023
BABAawoo47:
If you have money, please travel out and do transplant. Don't mind ignorant Nigerians saying no cure. It's 85% successful, but risk increases with age, so the earlier the better. You also need a donor too.
LIKE WHICH AGE IS THE BEST. BECAUSE HE IS 16+
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Emma513: 7:37am On Nov 17, 2023
Funjosh:
Drink Enough Water Daily Take Folic Acid Daily Avoid Mosquitoes REST! REST!! REST!!!
OK
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Emma513: 7:42am On Nov 17, 2023
PlutoChief:
I have a herbal remedy and I am in Kano, if you are serious about this you can reach out.
BUT, DOCTOR DOES NOT RECOMMAND HERBAL REMEDY.
PlutoChief:
I have a herbal remedy and I am in Kano, if you are serious about this you can reach out.
BUT, DOCTOR DOES NOT RECOMMAND HERBAL REMEDY.
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Emma513: 7:50am On Nov 17, 2023
kingdvd:
Please get Mojega herbal drink or read about it online before u buy it. It will reduce the crises by 80 percent, also eat natural food and avoid artificial or refined foods.
U will be better for it.

DM me if you really nead advice.

Remain blessed
ANY STRONG PROVE, BECAUSE, HIS DOCTOR DONT RECOMMAND HERBAL DRINK
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Emma513: 7:53am On Nov 17, 2023
Primebuilders:
I don't know if you will see this but there is a cure for sickle cell please contact me as soon as possible. Check my bio for my on my contact
WHICH CURE. PLEASE
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Emma513: 7:58am On Nov 17, 2023
harmony75:
Dearie don't panic sickle cell patients can live long and healthy okay! Make sure he sleeps in the net avoid mosquitoes, take his medications if any crisis go to the hospital make sure his doctor is your family friend bc you most likely will have emergency atimes so you guys should make his doctor as friend ask necessary questions on how to manage him doing crisis and what to avoid so he will not have crisis! SS live normal life now they work get married and have their own children, careers businesses! He will be very fine don't be afraid!
THANKS,
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Emma513: 8:08am On Nov 17, 2023
Szdorf:
Let ur parent get him double stemcell regenerative supplement, it will help in treatment and crisis will stop forever
WHAT IS THAT AND HOW DOES IT LOOK LIKE
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Olayinka8793(m): 11:07am On Nov 17, 2023
TimiRume:
My number is on my signature. Call me and put the phone close to your sick brother. Silver and gold I've none to give you but the power of Christ to heal the sick
Sir, how do I contact you to minister healing on my ears? I have been deaf on both ears for over 29 years due to a mistake when I was a kid.
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by AwkaFinest: 11:18am On Nov 17, 2023
Bmaster:
you said there several things that can trigger crisis,things like infection (and I recommended penicillin tab every month end)
You said dehydration (I recommended enough in take of water)
U said extreme cold(I recommend wearing of hoodie during cold seasons)
You said lack of oxygen (I told them to limit his exercises to a maximum of 30 minutes)
The only mistake I made is that i forgot to tell them to eat at least 30 minutes after taking folic and aspirin on empty stomach(I am so sorry for not telling them)
It will help them against ulcer.
But again is Aspirin and folic combination necessary?
Yes!!! It is.
You might be a doctor,buh the duo combination was also recommended to me by a doctor.
This is me talking from experience of what I know,and what I am going through.
It's not like I am talking from what I read from Google search

My only problem with your recommendation is the Aspirin. Once you've done other necessary things like preventing dehydration, infection, hypoxia, extreme temperatures, stress etc, I see no need for aspirin. Bone pain crisis aka VOC does not need regular intake of NSAID to prevent it.

Folic acid is ok, however 5mg in 24hours is enough. Any other thing I didn't comment on in your write up is ok.
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Love800(m): 11:36am On Nov 17, 2023
U will say it is use to prevent malaria.

But when u have a full-blown malaria with fever, headache and weakness, u need proper medics
Blake755:

Oga rest you sound to ignorant why not make research if nah white man tell you this you will accept without complaining i used it and it works for me 💯
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by AwkaFinest: 12:03pm On Nov 17, 2023
A possible cure for SICKLE CELL DISEASE.

A sigh of relief, as hope for millions of people worldwide, a solution to families that have suffered from its stings...
CASGEVY is already approved in the UK.
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by badboyTee(m): 12:15pm On Nov 17, 2023
Righteousness2:
Run to the GOD of Chosen.
Sickle cell is a moi moi matter.
Finally I know the church this religious fanatics attends so your pastor nah Doctor wey go turn sickle cell to AA abii craze people
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by TimiRume(f): 12:26pm On Nov 17, 2023
Olayinka8793:
Sir, how do I contact you to minister healing on my ears? I have been deaf on both ears for over 29 years due to a mistake when I was a kid.
Call me. My number is on my signature
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Kaytixy: 1:18pm On Nov 17, 2023
marlow1962:
Bro go straight to the point and say you're the one with the sickle cell anemia.
SS patients can live normal life just like other, get married and have kids too. Stop letting rubbish people talk online discourage you.
Some SS people even live long and healthy more than the so called AA, even AS people have tendency of sickle cell anemia in them but they are not carriers of the disease.
Bro take care of yourself, eat good foods and take your meds regularly and you will be fine, also avoid strenuous activities.

You lack knowledge because you don't make research.
to add to this, keep taking your folic acid and if you have the money, go for bone marrow transplant and that's the final solution for you. God help you.
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by olad54: 2:11pm On Nov 17, 2023
Brother do not be afraid.Let ur brother continue drinking water all the time. And always dress warmly.Read this article https:bbc.co.uk/news/health-67435266.
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Bijust: 5:48pm On Nov 17, 2023
Emma513:

I'm a sickle cell patient, and sometimes I just wish I could meet someone in a similar situation who's successfully navigating the job market. Coming from a poor background and dealing with this illness has limited me in various aspects of life. However, I've always despised self-pity, so I've pushed myself really hard despite my condition and still praying for grace.

I've been fighting this battle for 28 years now, and I'm still going strong. Feel free to ask me anything. I can share my personal experiences and survival methods. And above all, I believe that God is the greatest

1 Like

Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Blake755: 9:10pm On Nov 18, 2023
Ndidi2:
Thank you
God bless you and always be with you.
You won't know how strong you are until surviving becomes the only option
If life throws you lemon my brother learn to change it to lemonade 💯

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Blake755: 9:16pm On Nov 18, 2023
AwkaFinest:
A possible cure for SICKLE CELL DISEASE.

A sigh of relief, as hope for millions of people worldwide, a solution to families that have suffered from its stings...
CASGEVY is already approved in the UK.
There cure doesn't make any sense something that cost 1-2m dollars
That is no cure for me
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Blake755: 9:22pm On Nov 18, 2023
Love800:
U will say it is use to prevent malaria.

But when u have a full-blown malaria with fever, headache and weakness, u need proper medics
Hmm it doesn't mean that you won't treat malaria again so because it prevents malaria i won't take malaria drugs again na wa oo
Am proud to say it the bitter has done much more than the drugs i have been taken since do you know what it means to be in and out of hospital Everytime begging doctors for an injection shot even when you don't have money feeling like you gonna die anytime soon it really hurts people asking you how sick you are it's really pathetic
Not gonna forget when i had a crisis went to Meet doctor only to hear the nurse discussing how sicklers do die young 💔💔
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Love800(m): 9:35pm On Nov 18, 2023
We are talking the same thing.
Blake755:

Hmm it doesn't mean that you won't treat malaria again so because it prevents malaria i won't take malaria drugs again na wa oo
Am proud to say it the bitter has done much more than the drugs i have been taken since do you know what it means to be in and out of hospital Everytime begging doctors for an injection shot even when you don't have money feeling like you gonna die anytime soon it really hurts people asking you how sick you are it's really pathetic
Not gonna forget when i had a crisis went to Meet doctor only to hear the nurse discussing how sicklers do die young 💔💔

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Something Special About Tiger Nuts (aki Hausa) / COVID-19 Update For October 24 2020 In Nigeria / Have You Ever Been A Victim Of A Mistake By A Health Personnel? Please Share

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.