Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,868 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell (16604 Views)

This Snake Just Bit My Brother / Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos / 93yrs Old Nigerian Sickle Cell Lady, Narrates How She Survived Against All Odds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by tunize(m): 5:38pm On Nov 16, 2023
Emma513:
AMEN BECAUSE WE HAVE TRY ALOT. HE IS 16+.
He should just eat healthy, play healthy, avoid things to be avoided, take his medication and with prayers too he will be fine.
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by PlutoChief: 5:38pm On Nov 16, 2023
Emma513:
I have an issue that is bothering me. My brother is sickle cell due to my parents mistake during marriage. I have been reading topics about sicklers and it has being bothering me. It there any sickler here or has an experience. Please help. How do you overcome it. And what are things to do
I have a herbal remedy and I am in Kano, if you are serious about this you can reach out.
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Loverboi2cute(m): 5:43pm On Nov 16, 2023
Emma513:
I have an issue that is bothering me. My brother is sickle cell due to my parents mistake during marriage. I have been reading topics about sicklers and it has being bothering me. It there any sickler here or has an experience. Please help. How do you overcome it. And what are things to do

bro I just have dis for you... I don't know if u will take it or leave it;

take him with you.. attend Zion Prayer Ministry Ago, make sure u buy the Holy Water & Seraphic oil, open it/ pray on it during prophecy impartation time... do did with faith

pray for your brother in dat Zion ground.. apply it on him
go home with it & start Applying it on routinely

bros, I promise u ... u will come back & testify
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by AareGaa: 5:47pm On Nov 16, 2023
BABAawoo47:
If you have money, please travel out and do transplant. Don't mind ignorant Nigerians saying no cure. It's 85% successful, but risk increases with age, so the earlier the better. You also need a donor too.

Transplant is very expensive. Perhaps, the most expensive medical treatment I have known
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by atobs4real(m): 5:49pm On Nov 16, 2023
Gandrova:
Lolz! Suicide mission grin
All those things na herbs so for me no doubt.
Overdose na suicide
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by AwkaFinest: 5:56pm On Nov 16, 2023
ovie8200:

Great advise....

Bro, I am 45 years sickle cell and married with 3 kids. Although my own is different than others. I meant that I hardly get sick and have never been to hospital or admitted. I may have just had back pain for one or two days every three or four years. That is the reason I said mine is different from others. I have read about sickle cell and it is considered for people who live their normal age to 80 to 90, etc. Don't let people advise you or your brother thinking is a death sentence. My oldest brother is 46, 3 kids as well, and hardly gets is too or goes to the hospital.

Are you sure you are SS? You know there are different types of sickle cell Anaemia eg SC, SO, S Arab, S Punjab etc. SS are more prone to crisis and will barely do well on Nigeria unless he/she is from a super rich family that's well educated about the disease.
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by AwkaFinest: 5:58pm On Nov 16, 2023
BABAawoo47:
If you have money, please travel out and do transplant. Don't mind ignorant Nigerians saying no cure. It's 85% successful, but risk increases with age, so the earlier the better. You also need a donor too.

Yes, bone marrow transplant has shown to be the cure for SCD.
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by AwkaFinest: 5:59pm On Nov 16, 2023
tunize:

He should just eat healthy, play healthy, avoid things to be avoided, take his medication and with prayers too he will be fine.

Best advice so far.
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Ndidi2: 6:00pm On Nov 16, 2023
tiswell:
Shut up!
How many older generation parents were aware of genotype.
You had to drag his parents in your foolery.
Must you bring your poor parental upringing to the public glare.
Thank you for the response..

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Ndidi2: 6:01pm On Nov 16, 2023
Blake755:

Use bitter kola thank me later
My own was so pathetic until i started making research i use bitter kola since July till now no crisis although i still treat malaria once in a month but it has been a relief to me
really?
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Christistruth03: 6:04pm On Nov 16, 2023
Emma513:

The People of Osun State are good in managing it with herbs

Make him eat at least one bitter Kola daily

My Uncle and aunties have it they are 69,73 and 75 years

The Northners normally boil camel bones and drink the water daily that too is effective

Eating Chicken bones makes it worse

1 Like

Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by AwkaFinest: 6:05pm On Nov 16, 2023
Bmaster:
I dey suffer sickle cell,buh if you see me,you no go gree. grin
Fine and very smart,with 3 girlfriends.
Here is the secret:
Every morning before he eat,let him take 3 folic and 3 aspirin Tab together.
let him sleep with mosquito net always.
Let him take livercap forte,it will help reduce spleen diseases (2 capsules every week)
Encourage him to drink water as much as possible
Let him take penicillin tab every month end
Let him avoid masturbation,or at least reduce it to two 2 three times a week.
**Masturbation effects may not reflect on normal people,buh we the sticklers are at it's mercy,I am talking from experience!

Let him avoid cold weather by wearing hoodies during cold seasons.
Let him avoid strong exercises,(he should reduce his exercises to a maximum of 30 minutes so as not to trigger the crises.
Let him take folic and vitamin c together after dinner before going to bed.
Encourage him to drink a cup of water in the middle of the night when he woke up to ease himself (it will help to reduce the yellowish eyeballs)
There is a medicine called *hydroxyurea* he should be taking it.

4 tablets of folic acid in a day?
3 tablets of Aspirin? Dose please?
By avoiding masturbation you mean to prevent priapism?

Your recommendations are not clear, thus needs scrutiny.
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by AwkaFinest: 6:11pm On Nov 16, 2023
fostermd:

I am.a medical.doctor who have been involved in treatment of sickle cell disorder for about 25 years.
Whilst it carries high morbidity and mortality, good education about appropriate lifestyle adaptations does help overall.

The severity varies depending on the traits: there is SS the main one and other variants such as SC,SD,etc..

There is a definitive treatment in Europe where I practice now and in America through bone marrow transplant. This completely changes the genotype to AA from SS ,since the marrow is obtained from AA.It is ,however,an expensive treatment.

Advice is to follow medical.advice and guidance and seek early treatment in case of bones crises.

Thank you. Too many ignorance on this thread. Thanks chief, you have done justice 👍👍👍
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by humblespirit: 6:17pm On Nov 16, 2023
Bone marrow implant can end sickle cell
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by dbestcno(m): 6:19pm On Nov 16, 2023
Emma513:

See a qualified doctor. They have drugs they take daily till death and it's expensive oh
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by MichaelUweh(m): 6:23pm On Nov 16, 2023
Righteousness2:
Run to the GOD of Chosen.
Sickle cell is a moi moi matter.
so you mean that God of chosen is bigger than the Almighty God ?
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by kingdvd(m): 6:46pm On Nov 16, 2023
Please get Mojega herbal drink or read about it online before u buy it. It will reduce the crises by 80 percent, also eat natural food and avoid artificial or refined foods.
U will be better for it.

DM me if you really nead advice.

Remain blessed
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by SocialJustice: 6:51pm On Nov 16, 2023
Emma513:
Send me a pm.
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by lukui: 7:00pm On Nov 16, 2023
Nigeria has the highest number of sicke cell patients in the world

Simply because most parents don't check their blood group or genotype when they want to k**ck,

Thats one of the "why" Abiku (like JP Clark and Wole Soyinka) said in their poems Though spirits too dey don't be confused but way way back them nobody checked their blood groups!

As for living with sicko, there is a hospital now in Lagos where they successively do it's surgery and the patient will live and survive

Sickle cell is a disease

And Prophet Muhammad SAW said there is no disease without cure except death

But if you dont have money for the surgery, you can eat well and rest well and live a happy life

#itiswell!

1 Like

Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by StraightGaay: 7:06pm On Nov 16, 2023
Righteousness2:
Run to the GOD of Chosen.
Sickle cell is a moi moi matter.
What of Cancer? It must be peanut there
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Primebuilders(m): 7:07pm On Nov 16, 2023
I don't know if you will see this but there is a cure for sickle cell please contact me as soon as possible. Check my bio for my on my contact
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by gidjah(m): 7:15pm On Nov 16, 2023
I love this , let's start taking over the air,HE MUST BE DISPLAYED EVERY WHERE .
TimiRume:
My number is on my signature. Call me and put the phone close to your sick brother. Silver and gold I've none to give you but the power of Christ to heal the sick

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by gidjah(m): 7:21pm On Nov 16, 2023
Thank God for you all sir. You mean two kids from the same home ??u guys must have really sapped daddy and mummy out financially !!could you pls give us few testimony on how you guys came this far ?it would really go a long way in assisting up coming affected forumites here.I really thank God for you two.still standing at over 40 ! Wao !,you guys would be the second sect I am coming across at this old age al my life.The first person was a colleague who served at my office as a corper in 2006.
ovie8200:

Great advise....

Bro, I am 45 years sickle cell and married with 3 kids. Although my own is different than others. I meant that I hardly get sick and have never been to hospital or admitted. I may have just had back pain for one or two days every three or four years. That is the reason I said mine is different from others. I have read about sickle cell and it is considered for people who live their normal age to 80 to 90, etc. Don't let people advise you or your brother thinking is a death sentence. My oldest brother is 46, 3 kids as well, and hardly gets is too or goes to the hospital.
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Dada4me: 7:25pm On Nov 16, 2023
Please take two days to read and digest the information in this pamphlet.

Attend the program virtually through the social media handles listed below in the banner or at any Deeper Life Bible Church location.

Please come back here to share the testimony.

Congratulations in advance.

Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by ChiefOkporghe: 7:32pm On Nov 16, 2023
Bmaster:
I dey suffer sickle cell,buh if you see me,you no go gree. grin
Fine and very smart,with 3 girlfriends.
Here is the secret:
Every morning before he eat,let him take 3 folic and 3 aspirin Tab together.
let him sleep with mosquito net always.
Let him take livercap forte,it will help reduce spleen diseases (2 capsules every week)
Encourage him to drink water as much as possible
Let him take penicillin tab every month end
Let him avoid masturbation,or at least reduce it to two 2 three times a week.
**Masturbation effects may not reflect on normal people,buh we the sticklers are at it's mercy,I am talking from experience!
Let him avoid cold weather by wearing hoodies during cold seasons.
Let him avoid strong exercises,(he should reduce his exercises to a maximum of 30 minutes so as not to trigger the crises.
Let him take folic and vitamin c together after dinner before going to bed.
Encourage him to drink a cup of water in the middle of the night when he woke up to ease himself (it will help to reduce the yellowish eyeballs)
There is a medicine called *hydroxyurea* he should be taking it.
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by harmony75: 7:44pm On Nov 16, 2023
Dearie don't panic sickle cell patients can live long and healthy okay! Make sure he sleeps in the net avoid mosquitoes, take his medications if any crisis go to the hospital make sure his doctor is your family friend bc you most likely will have emergency atimes so you guys should make his doctor as friend ask necessary questions on how to manage him doing crisis and what to avoid so he will not have crisis! SS live normal life now they work get married and have their own children, careers businesses! He will be very fine don't be afraid!
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Lexusgs430: 7:52pm On Nov 16, 2023
TotoGame:
Nothing pains like such avoidable tragedy, some parents need to be sacrificed to the gods Wtf!!!!

Nothing will happen to you sha, take your medications seriously and trust God, you will overcome

Read through the SS threads, you would read responses from people suggesting prayers, when people exposed fall dangerously in love .......
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by maasoap(m): 8:09pm On Nov 16, 2023
marlow1962:
Bro go straight to the point and say you're the one with the sickle cell anemia.
SS patients can live normal life just like other, get married and have kids too. Stop letting rubbish people talk online discourage you.
Some SS people even live long and healthy more than the so called AA, even AS people have tendency of sickle cell anemia in them but they are not carriers of the disease.
Bro take care of yourself, eat good foods and take your meds regularly and you will be fine, also avoid strenuous activities.

You lack knowledge because you don't make research .

Mumu is your middle name. In your little mind, you think you know more than him and everyone else, right?
Most of the talks here has always been about preventing giving births to SS kids, not really about people who are already living with the condition. I'm sure that in a million years to come, you can't understand what he's passing through. Mr motivational speaker grin grin grin
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Righteousness2(m): 8:10pm On Nov 16, 2023
StraightGaay:
What of Cancer? It must be peanut there

That is akamu case.
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by maasoap(m): 8:15pm On Nov 16, 2023
humblespirit:
Bone marrow implant can end sickle cell
Transplant
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by maasoap(m): 8:17pm On Nov 16, 2023
OboOlora:
What help do you want from us, are your parents illiterates that didn’t consider genotypes before fvcking raw?
Blame ur parents and leave us out of this crap.
I blame the slowpoke m0derat0r that pushed this to FP, bunch of incompetent servants of a Sango Otta programmer!
Be human. Remember, he's a victim here.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Bmaster(m): 8:22pm On Nov 16, 2023
AwkaFinest:

4 tablets of folic acid in a day?
3 tablets of Aspirin? Dose please?
By avoiding masturbation you mean to prevent priapism?

Your recommendations are not clear, thus needs scrutiny.
I said 3 tabs of folic and aspirin.
Folic is actually 5mg.
Aspirin Tab is 50 mg.
Total taken is 150+15mg=====165mg.
It's a fight bro,that's how I have been surviving.
The major function of the duo combination is to fight against cold.
All sicklers have pneumonia,and as such suffers from cold.
Their crisis are mostly triggered by cold,make enquiry.

They are not labelled "warriors" for nothing.
They fights steady

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kaduna Health Workers Strike Grounds Hospital Services In Kaduna State / Seun Kuti: Marijuana Is Healthy But Cigarette Is Killing / I Am In Love With A Sickler And I Want To Marry Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.