Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell (16578 Views)

This Snake Just Bit My Brother / Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos / 93yrs Old Nigerian Sickle Cell Lady, Narrates How She Survived Against All Odds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Gattuzo05: 4:32pm On Nov 16, 2023
Bmaster:
I dey suffer sickle cell,buh if you see me,you no go gree. grin
Fine and very smart,with 3 girlfriends.
Here is the secret:
Every morning before he eat,let him take 3 folic and 3 aspirin Tab together.
let him sleep with mosquito net always.
Let him take livercap forte,it will help reduce spleen diseases (2 capsules every week)
Encourage him to drink water as much as possible
Let him take penicillin tab every month end
Let him avoid masturbation,or at least reduce it to two 2 three times a week.
**Masturbation effects may not reflect on normal people,buh we the sticklers are at it's mercy,I am talking from experience!
Let him avoid cold weather by wearing hoodies during cold seasons.
Let him avoid strong exercises,(he should reduce his exercises to a maximum of 30 minutes so as not to trigger the crises.
Let him take folic and vitamin c together after dinner before going to bed.
Encourage him to drink a cup of water in the middle of the night when he woke up to ease himself (it will help to reduce the yellowish eyeballs)
There is a medicine called *hydroxyurea* he should be taking it.

How old are you sir?
I'm asking for a reason

1 Like

Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Bmaster(m): 4:34pm On Nov 16, 2023
Gattuzo05:

How old are you sir?
I'm asking for a reason
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by 1Sharon(f): 4:38pm On Nov 16, 2023
Are you just finding out he has sickle cell.
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by enesexy(f): 4:40pm On Nov 16, 2023
Please quickly call me on this number there is a solution oo. I'm very sure you testify God's goodness here
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by fostermd(m): 4:40pm On Nov 16, 2023
Emma513:
I have an issue that is bothering me. My brother is sickle cell due to my parents mistake during marriage. I have been reading topics about sicklers and it has being bothering me. It there any sickler here or has an experience. Please help. How do you overcome it. And what are things to do

I am.a medical.doctor who have been involved in treatment of sickle cell disorder for about 25 years.
Whilst it carries high morbidity and mortality, good education about appropriate lifestyle adaptations does help overall.

The severity varies depending on the traits: there is SS the main one and other variants such as SC,SD,etc..

There is a definitive treatment in Europe where I practice now and in America through bone marrow transplant. This completely changes the genotype to AA from SS ,since the marrow is obtained from AA.It is ,however,an expensive treatment.

Advice is to follow medical.advice and guidance and seek early treatment in case of bones crises.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by heykims(m): 4:43pm On Nov 16, 2023
ovie8200:

Great advise....

Bro, I am 45 years sickle cell and married with 3 kids. Although my own is different than others. I meant that I hardly get sick and have never been to hospital or admitted. I may have just had back pain for one or two days every three or four years. That is the reason I said mine is different from others. I have read about sickle cell and it is considered for people who live their normal age to 80 to 90, etc. Don't let people advise you or your brother thinking is a death sentence. My oldest brother is 46, 3 kids as well, and hardly gets is too or goes to the hospital.
U and your brother are SS or SC?

1 Like

Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by chatinent: 4:44pm On Nov 16, 2023
Righteousness2:
Run to the GOD of Chosen.
Sickle cell is a moi moi matter.

You guys are funny in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by bigtt76(f): 4:44pm On Nov 16, 2023
Bone marrow transplant is one way of tackling it. The patient has to go through a painful process though but it is also very expensive and mostly done abroad.

Emma513:
I have an issue that is bothering me. My brother is sickle cell due to my parents mistake during marriage. I have been reading topics about sicklers and it has being bothering me. It there any sickler here or has an experience. Please help. How do you overcome it. And what are things to do
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by adecz: 4:47pm On Nov 16, 2023
The life expectancy of a sickler hardly
exceeds 25 years of constant pain...

Your parents brought about this situationโŒโŽโŒ

Sorry ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by lakeside30: 4:53pm On Nov 16, 2023
First of all he should dedicate hi life to christ
Take a lot of water,a lot
Daily routine;Astimin,jobelyin,folic acid,bcomplex
Avoid stress,physical stress like too much sex,heavy object lifting,walking for too long
Avoild too much cold,air-conditioning, too much heat as well
Eat a lot of fruits,watermelon, banana,apple
Avoid mosquito bite
Do his pvc blood level every 3 month
Avoid sitting down in one position for too long

Get the following when in pain
Voltarein 100 mill
Clofenac 100 mill

He will be fine
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by HannyCJ: 4:54pm On Nov 16, 2023
There is a sickle cell center hospital ( government hospital) at Abeokuta. If your are around Lagos you can take your brother there, they will treat him better and teach him what to do to manage his health. Try to go there, cuz it's there specialty
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by marlow1962(m): 4:55pm On Nov 16, 2023
Thegamingorca:

That AS submission is rubbish
I guess you too lacks knowledge, try make your research before jumping into conclusion.
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Eriokanmi: 4:55pm On Nov 16, 2023
Emma513:
There are 2 ways to ending this but one of it is the best

1) God (the best)
2) Bone marrow transplant( the medical/scientific route)

I have a colleague who was born in the 60s. He's still alive till today, all to the glory of God. You cannot even know if he's a sickler or not. He has never gone for any transfusion. There was a time he took ill. people thought he was going to die. He had sores on his ankles. He said, God must not let him die and he will serve Him till the end. That was the end of the crises. His bone received flesh and sores closed up miraculously. Once in every week, he fasts and prays. No sign of sickle cell in him. He's as healthy and strong as normal beings. This is the surest solution and your brother will be fine. May God restore his health and make him strong. There is nothing God cannot do. He has changed SS cases to AA. But your brother must believe and have an unwavering faith in God

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Timothy89(m): 4:57pm On Nov 16, 2023
Eat good and health foods
take fruit

eat cook fresh vegetables
avoid alcoholic drinks of beverages
don't stress yourself, your psychic
always be happy
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by marlow1962(m): 4:57pm On Nov 16, 2023
Eduadolero:

Are you for real? Then who is a carrier?
The life expectancy of an SS with good medical care is around 50 years which is even about the same life expectancy of the general population of your beloved country
Be that as it may pls OP go to a hospital and assess the services of a haemato oncology to live a healthy pain free/crisis free life. Online will not help you
50 years? Lmao ๐Ÿ˜‚ you must be God to know that. Sis AS are also carriers of the disease, but they do not suffer those crisis full SS suffers.
Sis make your research.
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by oluwaseyi0: 5:01pm On Nov 16, 2023
Dubetex96:

That can only be possible with the help God

So don't misunderstand him
Can God also change O+ to O-
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by marlow1962(m): 5:01pm On Nov 16, 2023
ovie8200:

Great advise....

Bro, I am 45 years sickle cell and married with 3 kids. Although my own is different than others. I meant that I hardly get sick and have never been to hospital or admitted. I may have just had back pain for one or two days every three or four years. That is the reason I said mine is different from others. I have read about sickle cell and it is considered for people who live their normal age to 80 to 90, etc. Don't let people advise you or your brother thinking is a death sentence. My oldest brother is 46, 3 kids as well, and hardly gets is too or goes to the hospital.
That's good, what's funny and very annoying is you see people giving their own personal life expectancy of an SS patient as if they are God.
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Dubetex96(m): 5:03pm On Nov 16, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
Can God also change O+ to O-

Dey play ....i repeat again......Dey play
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by YoungBlackRico(m): 5:05pm On Nov 16, 2023
Emma513:
He can live a normal life, look at Adekunle Gold
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Ynix(m): 5:08pm On Nov 16, 2023
Emma513:

Chat me up on 08184397113 I have a helpful information for you
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by godwon01(m): 5:08pm On Nov 16, 2023
First and foremost, don't expose them to cold weather. Don't let him drink ice water because of their chest. Avoid heavy food to reduce stress on their digestive systems. On herbal medications ,use cloves daily at least two buds in a day. Take Tumeric powder, green tea and cinnamon powder. On therapeutic medication, always take daily pain killer at least twice a day. Treat for malaria every week. Take alternate amoxicillin cap 500 mg daily every alternate days. Take vitamin c 2000mg daily. Folic acid and vitamin b complex every day. Eat good food and fruits. And of course drink water very well every day.
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by michlins(m): 5:10pm On Nov 16, 2023
Righteousness2:
Run to the GOD of Chosen.
Sickle cell is a moi moi matter.
shut up sir please
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by viyon02: 5:12pm On Nov 16, 2023
Sterm cell implant can be done if the person is not too old but not yet available in Nigeria , and for now let the person take a lot of our local sugar cane( the green colour sugar cane not the aboki type)it help to build strength.
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by BABAawoo47: 5:14pm On Nov 16, 2023
tunize:
You manage sickle cell not over come, only God can turn things around miraculously
it can be cured through bone marrow transplant. Finding a donor is the issue
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by BABAawoo47: 5:21pm On Nov 16, 2023
Emma513:
If you have money, please travel out and do transplant. Don't mind ignorant Nigerians saying no cure. It's 85% successful, but risk increases with age, so the earlier the better. You also need a donor too.
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Funjosh(m): 5:27pm On Nov 16, 2023
Drink Enough Water Daily
Take Folic Acid Daily
Avoid Mosquitoes
REST! REST!! REST!!!
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Amayabor1: 5:29pm On Nov 16, 2023
OboOlora:
What help do you want from us, are your parents illiterates that didnโ€™t consider genotypes before fvcking raw?
Blame ur parents and leave us out of this crap.
I blame the slowpoke m0derat0r that pushed this to FP, bunch of incompetent servants of a Sango Otta programmer!

Stop being stupid. Many of our parents married the old traditional way and were not literate enough to check their genotypes before marriage.

If you have nothing meaningful to contribute, move ahead.
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Gandrova: 5:33pm On Nov 16, 2023
marlow1962:
Bro go straight to the point and say you're the one with the sickle cell anemia.
SS patients can live normal life just like other, get married and have kids too. Stop letting rubbish people talk online discourage you.
Some SS people even live long and healthy more than the so called AA, even AS people have tendency of sickle cell anemia in them but they are not carriers of the disease.
Bro take care of yourself, eat good foods and take your meds regularly and you will be fine, also avoid strenuous activities.

You lack knowledge because you don't make research.
Must he disclosed his identity?
Proffer solution and move on. Don't be Petty

1 Like

Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by AareGaa: 5:35pm On Nov 16, 2023
ovie8200:

Yes, but very risky. I know a woman who did it for their daughter and she passed on. They said if they knew, they shouldn't have done it. Just be wise!!! At the end, God is the decider.

Where did the woman do it?

Because it can only be done in few places in the world, Africa is not one of them.
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by Gandrova: 5:35pm On Nov 16, 2023
atobs4real:
A friend I'm mine told me about some one with sickle cell and he takes weed or skung.
Sometimes makes it in a liquid way and since then he is alright
Lolz! Suicide mission grin
Re: Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell by tunize(m): 5:36pm On Nov 16, 2023
BABAawoo47:
it can be cured through bone marrow transplant. Finding a donor is the issue
Okay and i believe is also expensive

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Do People Sleep In Public Transport? / Kaduna Health Workers Strike Grounds Hospital Services In Kaduna State / Young 200 Level AAU Medicine Student Dies After Complaining Of Headache

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.