Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,331 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family (48583 Views)

The Cost Of Getting Married To A Poor Family / Have You Ever Slept Hungry To Prove A Point To You Wife That You Are Angry ?? / The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Yankee101: 8:21pm On Nov 23, 2023
This is not true
What you listed are not particular to any background

4 Likes

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by tooth4tooth: 8:21pm On Nov 23, 2023
FuckingMachine:
7. Entitlement mentality

People born in poor homes usually believe that they are entitled to the money and possessions of the affluent ones around them.

8. Lack of Appreciation

Poor people are usually ungrateful and can go to the extent of blaming their benefactor for their woes even when they were miserable long before he/she came around.

9. Belief in Juju

Poor people relate every single positive/negative occurrence to the spiritual. They also believe success is attained by juju because they were born into a home where nothing big happened no matter the level of effort put in.

10. Competition

Poor people are highly competitive. This is because they are easily intimidated by everything. A neighbour laughing in his apartment can cause poor people to bring 3 of their lousy friends to disturb the vicinity the next day. A neighbour bringing home a chick for the night can lead to poor man bringing 3 dirty skanks for the next 3 days. The worst is you having anything they don't have. Poor people can compete against a 5KVA generator with an I Pass My Neighbour or their hire purchase Keke Marwa against a 4Runner jeep. When poor people can no longer compete they resort to gossip to try and destroy the reputation of the person they lost to.

Before you fear women, fear poor people.
You are so on point. Your input nailed it more than the Op's. 👍👍👍
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Britishpea: 8:22pm On Nov 23, 2023
Unnecessarily stingy and even stingy to themselves.

Every bad thing happening to them is attached to spirituality.

They might use tin to measure rice for their wives.

To them, buying ice cream at cold stone is a waste.

1 Like

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by MaobiCarl(f): 8:23pm On Nov 23, 2023
This thread is insulting and barbaric.
Lacks all sense of manners
Who prays or wishes to be poor?
Life is not a competition!!
Rich or Poor.. There's no difference under the sun.
Stop all this oppression
Stop mocking people you feel you're better than.. They can be more happy than you with your billions.

This OP must be si1ck

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by pansophist(m): 8:23pm On Nov 23, 2023
FuckingMachine:
7. Entitlement mentality

10. Competition

Poor people are highly competitive. This is because they are easily intimidated by everything. A neighbour laughing in his apartment can cause poor people to bring 3 of their lousy friends to disturb the vicinity the next day. A neighbour bringing home a chick for the night can lead to poor man bringing 3 dirty skanks for the next 3 days. The worst is you having anything they don't have. Poor people can compete against a 5KVA generator with an I Pass My Neighbour or their hire purchase Keke Marwa against a 4Runner jeep. When poor people can no longer compete they resort to gossip to try and destroy the reputation of the person they lost to.

Not true
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by DSoj(m): 8:23pm On Nov 23, 2023
So what exactly are we supposed to do with this useless write up? How does it affect anything.?
So being into a poor home is now a disease?
Or does being born by poor parents means one will be poor forever?

This shitty write up is not only stupid, its from the mind of a useless person and ur senseless points are not even true.
So many great/rich people today were born into poor homes , we can mention sooo many of them and all these garbage u wrote dont apply to them

So shove this useless junk down ur throat.
JOBLESS FOOOOOL .

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Benwallt(m): 8:24pm On Nov 23, 2023
PedoBear:
Nothing sucks like being poor and living in a shit hole

Southeast is a sinkhole
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by DesChyko: 8:25pm On Nov 23, 2023
I can't say I was born into a poor family.

But I certainly place a lot of emphasis on a number of these.

It's down to personality that anything else.

3 Likes

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:25pm On Nov 23, 2023
Poverty is a serious disease. Whoever is cured of it is happy

2 Likes

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by jaxxy(m): 8:25pm On Nov 23, 2023
Many billionaires came from poor backgrounds/families so what is ur point op? undecided

even eminem and Ronaldo on ur dp came from poor backgrounds and don't behave the way u stated so ur points are inaccurate and shaming poor people won't help u self-esteem.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Ewedegubbler: 8:28pm On Nov 23, 2023
playing bet9ja follow oo
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Phyqee10(m): 8:28pm On Nov 23, 2023
Absolute nonsense,this one expect make everybody get apĂ  behavior (someone that spends foolishly.)
Domistar5:
1. Concerns about Food Security: Constant worries about food and nutrition might stem from past financial difficulties. People from such backgrounds might struggle with weight, have an aversion to wasting food, or develop poor eating habits.…CONTINUE READING

2. Saving the Best for Last.

Leaving the best part of a meal for the end is a habit developed from the anticipation of scarcity. This way, the most enjoyable part is savored for longer.

3. Reluctance to Splurge.

Individuals who’ve experienced financial challenges might delay non-essential purchases, adhering to a “delayed shopping” rule to ensure they’re spending wisely.

4. Working Hard for Small Earnings.

Growing up knowing that consistent income is essential, even if meager, can create a fear of job loss. This fear motivates them to work hard to secure their livelihood.

5. Valuing Possessions.

Developing an attachment to personal belongings is a common trait among those who’ve had to work hard for what they own.

6. Yearning for Miracles.

People who haven’t experienced financial hardship may see winning the lottery or hambling as a way to attain happiness. Those who’ve faced destitution differentiate between urgent needs and unrealistic hopes for miracles.

1 Like

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:29pm On Nov 23, 2023
Iyenogie30:
Most useless write ups

Why do I need to care about a person financial background??
U need to care about it

The truth is that People in distress tend to b toxic, negative. This particular state can extend towards and injure the nearest person. So one must exercise caution while dealing with them.

4 Likes

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Bfly: 8:29pm On Nov 23, 2023
Young rich people don't sleep well.
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Allisgud: 8:30pm On Nov 23, 2023
7. They always have high high huzzling spirit to make it and more blessed with talent,go and check Nigerian comedians, background they are from poor home,musian,dancers, sport,movie,rich men children no dey get talent na gragra grin

4 Likes

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:30pm On Nov 23, 2023
jaxxy:
Many billionaires came from poor backgrounds so why is ur point op? undecided
But rich mentality

Not poor mentality

1 Like

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Myer(m): 8:32pm On Nov 23, 2023
pansophist:
Being broke is a material state, but being poor is a mental state. Although most poor people are broke, not all poor people are broke. Brokeness can happen to anybody, even millionaires.

But poverty, that one needs deliverance. Poverty affects your character, taste, future, surroundings, friends, hobbies, life choices, partner choice, just name it.
This is deep. I hope most get this.

1 Like

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by CharleyBright(m): 8:35pm On Nov 23, 2023
Fruitbase:
please guys, please don't just scroll pass, please I've tried to get little help here to no avail, please I beg you in the name of Almighty GOD pls, If any good samaritan can please help me, no matter how little so we can buy foodstuff and cook, I will be very happy. my daughter and I we are starving. Please help us the last time we ate a good food was from our neighbor on  sunday. Since then we have surviving on drinking garri since on Monday and the garri we use to have hope has finished. the little money I have I used it to pay for house rent so that we can at least have roof over our head. am pleading for help please, not for my sake but for my daughter please am a single mother. No matter how little it will go a long way to help us. Almighty God bless you

Acct num with faith
G.TBank
My name is Angela Oyom. Almighty God bless you and your family

You this useless scammer.
You will begging online till the day you die.
Thief.

2 Likes

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Vinnie2000(m): 8:35pm On Nov 23, 2023
'I can't marry a Man earning 50k salary'. undecided

Just know her Parents are Very POOR mofos! sad sad

4 Likes

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by jaxxy(m): 8:37pm On Nov 23, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

But rich mentality

Not poor mentality

oh so u know poor people can develop rich mentality so why talking about poor people instead of poor mentality?

there are many rich people who can't even mange the wealth given to them. lol

1 Like

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Judybash93(m): 8:38pm On Nov 23, 2023
7,8 and 9 are just horseshit!
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Mayeldah(m): 8:38pm On Nov 23, 2023
Let the poor breathe!

Some rich guys are also prudent with their spendings

3 Likes

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by tosyne2much(m): 8:39pm On Nov 23, 2023
You forgot to add that poor people normally brag with suffering like it's a badge of honour

You hear them saying "you no suffer reach me" and use it to demean others

2 Likes

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Vinnie2000(m): 8:39pm On Nov 23, 2023
jaxxy:
Many billionaires came from poor backgrounds so why is ur point op? undecided

even eminem and Ronaldo on ur dp came from poor backgrounds and don't behave the way u stated so ur points are inaccurate and shaming poor people won't help u self-esteem.

The OP point is some Poor Pple have POVERTY mentality which affects them terribly.😔😕

Some People are born poor but have MILLIONAIRES Mentality even when they were young e.g The Ronaldo u talked about. 😯

1 Like

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Dminister(m): 8:40pm On Nov 23, 2023
I concur to the last one because I am seeing it happening before my eyes in my compound. I am on my own living my life while people feeling so intimidated by my existence. Whatever I do they want to do it but when they can’t continue doing the same they result to beefing and showing aggression towards me. The envy and jealousy is so obvious. Now I fear poor people as my neighbours.

The worst is those up coming poor yahoo boys, they prefer contributing money to rent a flat in an expensive compound where they would be feeling intimidated by other people living peacefully on their own.

4 Likes

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by BrightCactus: 8:40pm On Nov 23, 2023
Sheybi na you get your mouth
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by tunjijones(m): 8:42pm On Nov 23, 2023
FuckingMachine:
7. Entitlement mentality

People born in poor homes usually believe that they are entitled to the money and possessions of the affluent ones around them.

8. Lack of Appreciation

Poor people are usually ungrateful and can go to the extent of blaming their benefactor for their woes even when they were miserable long before he/she came around.

9. Belief in Juju

Poor people relate every single positive/negative occurrence to the spiritual. They also believe success is attained by juju because they were born into a home where nothing big happened no matter the level of effort put in.

10. Competition

Poor people are highly competitive. This is because they are easily intimidated by everything. A neighbour laughing in his apartment can cause poor people to bring 3 of their lousy friends to disturb the vicinity the next day. A neighbour bringing home a chick for the night can lead to poor man bringing 3 dirty skanks for the next 3 days. The worst is you having anything they don't hav people can compete against a 5KVA generator with an I Pass My Neighbour or their hire purchase Keke Marwa against a 4Runner jeep. When poor people can no longer compete they resort to gossip to try and destroy the reputation of the person they lost to.

Before you fear women, fear poor people.

Fear woman but fear poor woman more..

1 Like

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Kingjbase: 8:45pm On Nov 23, 2023
You see this thing poverty. Its a thing of the mind
Its a stronghold. More than 60 percent of Nigerians have this mentality. The fear of tomorrow. Thats why you see politicians steal , civil servant also steal public funds. Because of the fear of i may not have it tomorrow. Is a very indication that Nigerians generally have this mentality

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by IbileIfe: 8:46pm On Nov 23, 2023
Domistar5:
1. Concerns about Food Security: Constant worries about food and nutrition might stem from past financial difficulties. People from such backgrounds might struggle with weight, have an aversion to wasting food, or develop poor eating habits.…CONTINUE READING

2. Saving the Best for Last.

Leaving the best part of a meal for the end is a habit developed from the anticipation of scarcity. This way, the most enjoyable part is savored for longer.

3. Reluctance to Splurge.

Individuals who’ve experienced financial challenges might delay non-essential purchases, adhering to a “delayed shopping” rule to ensure they’re spending wisely.

4. Working Hard for Small Earnings.

Growing up knowing that consistent income is essential, even if meager, can create a fear of job loss. This fear motivates them to work hard to secure their livelihood.

5. Valuing Possessions.

Developing an attachment to personal belongings is a common trait among those who’ve had to work hard for what they own.

6. Yearning for Miracles.

People who haven’t experienced financial hardship may see winning the lottery or hambling as a way to attain happiness. Those who’ve faced destitution differentiate between urgent needs and unrealistic hopes for miracles.

7. Very reluctant to give, because of the fear of not having enough.

2 Likes

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by UptownVibes(m): 8:47pm On Nov 23, 2023
Jealousy is their middle name..

1 Like

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Vinnie2000(m): 8:47pm On Nov 23, 2023
Lightway:
They love to Speak pidgin

They beleive that speaking English does not make one intelligent... yet they can't speak English properly

They believe in village people.

They think suffering is a flex... See, if I tell you how I suffered... That's their gist.

They think people that are rich are rich by grace. They don't understand the concept of intelligent work.

Mr ENGLISH, I hail you o! 👍😏😒😒

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Step-father Sneaked Into My Room And Made Love To Me / It Turns Me On Seeing My Wife Hurt, Sad Or In Pain / Indonesian Man Forced To Show Joystick To In-laws To Prove He Didn’t Kill Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.