Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family (48582 Views)

The Cost Of Getting Married To A Poor Family / Have You Ever Slept Hungry To Prove A Point To You Wife That You Are Angry ?? / The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by modernWays: 4:07am On Nov 24, 2023
Domistar5:
1. Concerns about Food Security: Constant worries about food and nutrition might stem from past financial difficulties. People from such backgrounds might struggle with weight, have an aversion to wasting food, or develop poor eating habits.…CONTINUE READING

2. Saving the Best for Last.

Leaving the best part of a meal for the end is a habit developed from the anticipation of scarcity. This way, the most enjoyable part is savored for longer.

3. Reluctance to Splurge.

Individuals who’ve experienced financial challenges might delay non-essential purchases, adhering to a “delayed shopping” rule to ensure they’re spending wisely.

4. Working Hard for Small Earnings.

Growing up knowing that consistent income is essential, even if meager, can create a fear of job loss. This fear motivates them to work hard to secure their livelihood.

5. Valuing Possessions.

Developing an attachment to personal belongings is a common trait among those who’ve had to work hard for what they own.

6. Yearning for Miracles.

People who haven’t experienced financial hardship may see winning the lottery or hambling as a way to attain happiness. Those who’ve faced destitution differentiate between urgent needs and unrealistic hopes for miracles.

I don't know much about your number 1 - 5 but rich people also do your number 6 - 10. These are personal trait or attitude of a man, and not really related to financial status.

There are people around me who are notorious for those things your mentioned in 6 to 10, and they are all millionaires.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by ChybuzzDD(m): 4:53am On Nov 24, 2023
starpower:
Too much perfume. As them get low self esteem, house is actually over populated and no healthy air flow. So clothes stinks

You guys should let the poor breathe nah

Most times, your country of origin/residence determines how far you can go

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by ChybuzzDD(m): 4:57am On Nov 24, 2023
ravensckar:
People from poor family always have opinion on how others should spend their money. You'll hear stuff like; 'That guy no just sabi spend money. Imagine renting an apartment of 1.2 million per year in this economy, it's too much'. cheesy cheesy

The moment I hear the above statement from somebody, I know for a fact that he/she is suffering from generational poverty. cheesy cheesy

It's only frustration that can cause an Engineering undergraduate to do his I.T in a Police Station. God abeg o.

Don't be boastful of your financial indiscipline.

There's nothing to be proud of about it.

Most times, it's the struggling ones that over spend in order to impress.

1 Like

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by ChybuzzDD(m): 5:07am On Nov 24, 2023
Britishpea:
Unnecessarily stingy and even stingy to themselves.

Every bad thing happening to them is attached to spirituality.

They might use tin to measure rice for their wives.

To them, buying ice cream at cold stone is a waste.

What if they're right?

Ice creams contain high amounts of sugar and fats/cholesterol.

Tell me how these would benefit anyone.

Excess Sugar can increase your risk of Diabetes while fats will increase your cholesterol level, and ultimately predispose you to heart attack and other cardiovascular diseases.

Since i turned 40, I've stopped eating ice creams, because technically, as those poor men thought, they're a waste(of money and good health)

1 Like

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Fearyourcreator: 5:10am On Nov 24, 2023
SensualMan:
Six of mine below:

Agbado people praying for Tinubu policies to favour their papa, their mama and their families.

Agbado people buying N300 fuel for their vehicles.

Agbado people buying half cut corn

Agbado people waiting on miracle palliative alert.

Yoruba man in Ogun state cutting his buried fathers leg with the hope of million million.

Yoruba man looking clean and smelling nice which is a mirage.
Arindin
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by lymelyte(m): 5:14am On Nov 24, 2023
grin
pansophist:
Being broke is a material state, but being poor is a mental state. Although most poor people are broke, not all broke people are poor. Brokeness can happen to anybody, even millionaires.

But poverty, that one needs deliverance. Poverty affects your character, taste, future, surroundings, friends, hobbies, life choices, partner choices, church choices, career choices, just name it.

Dangote and a broke man can be friends without friction, but to be friends with a poor person is like being friends with problems. Poverty is self-destructive and cannot redeem itself.

A mentally poor person needs a prolong intervention within affluence and affluential people before any hope of redemption can be seen, and that depends on the age of the poor person. Over 40 years old? thats almost a point of no return, then poverty for life is assured.

Poverty, allied with a lack of manners is the deadliest combination a human can possess, and I don't think the blood of Jesus can wash it away. Poverty is bad.
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by SuperOnyi: 5:24am On Nov 24, 2023
FuckingMachine:
7. Entitlement mentality

People born in poor homes usually believe that they are entitled to the money and possessions of the affluent ones around them.

8. Lack of Appreciation

Poor people are usually ungrateful and can go to the extent of blaming their benefactor for their woes even when they were miserable long before he/she came around.

9. Belief in Juju

Poor people relate every single positive/negative occurrence to the spiritual. They also believe success is attained by juju because they were born into a home where nothing big happened no matter the level of effort put in.

10. Competition

Poor people are highly competitive. This is because they are easily intimidated by everything. A neighbour laughing in his apartment can cause poor people to bring 3 of their lousy friends to disturb the vicinity the next day. A neighbour bringing home a chick for the night can lead to poor man bringing 3 dirty skanks for the next 3 days. The worst is you having anything they don't have. Poor people can compete against a 5KVA generator with an I Pass My Neighbour or their hire purchase Keke Marwa against a 4Runner jeep. When poor people can no longer compete they resort to gossip to try and destroy the reputation of the person they lost to.

Before you fear women, fear poor people.

shocked

Stop generalizing! You think everybody behaves like those around you? I work hard just so I can eat and one day "make it out of the hood"!

I worked hard for a man for years in the name of apprenticeship and didn't get a penny but I moved on because I got a vision and here you are, acting like you're some demigod!
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by ikdaddy01(m): 5:48am On Nov 24, 2023
Christmas cloths
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Munzy14(m): 5:55am On Nov 24, 2023
FuckingMachine:
7. Entitlement mentality

People born in poor homes usually believe that they are entitled to the money and possessions of the affluent ones around them.

8. Lack of Appreciation

Poor people are usually ungrateful and can go to the extent of blaming their benefactor for their woes even when they were miserable long before he/she came around.

9. Belief in Juju

Poor people relate every single positive/negative occurrence to the spiritual. They also believe success is attained by juju because they were born into a home where nothing big happened no matter the level of effort put in.

10. Competition

Poor people are highly competitive. This is because they are easily intimidated by everything. A neighbour laughing in his apartment can cause poor people to bring 3 of their lousy friends to disturb the vicinity the next day. A neighbour bringing home a chick for the night can lead to poor man bringing 3 dirty skanks for the next 3 days. The worst is you having anything they don't have. Poor people can compete against a 5KVA generator with an I Pass My Neighbour or their hire purchase Keke Marwa against a 4Runner jeep. When poor people can no longer compete they resort to gossip to try and destroy the reputation of the person they lost to.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by siant: 6:14am On Nov 24, 2023
MaobiCarl:
This thread is insulting and barbaric.
Lacks all sense of manners
Who prays or wishes to be poor?
Life is not a competition!!
Rich or Poor.. There's no difference under the sun.
Stop all this oppression
Stop mocking people you feel you're better than.. They can be more happy than you with your billions.

This OP must be si1ck
May God bless you.
Amen

There are two commentators up there: ravenscker and lightway, both are irritating individuals judging by their comments. And if we can know them in real life, it is not that they are rich as such. The fact that you are comfortable a little bit and can afford basic of life does not translate to being rich.
Even, if you're rich, I want to believe your grand fathers did not have a bicycle in their days.
In Lagos in the 40s, 50s, only the rich people that work for colonial govt could afford a bicycle.

1 Like

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by eodavids(m): 6:16am On Nov 24, 2023
Op, you are entitled to your skewed opinion.

Wealthy people in numbers are known to teach their children on how to differ gratification.

Many wealthy people teaches their children on how to save money and not spend it...

Op, do you know that the rich tend to be more frugal than the poor?

Op you have to read the life of wealthy people... e.g. John Rockefeller, etc

1 Like

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Donmaro5: 6:33am On Nov 24, 2023
My prayer for you is that you escape the poverty programming trap
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by 4KNGOATS(m): 7:06am On Nov 24, 2023
Domistar5:
1. Concerns about Food Security: Constant worries about food and nutrition might stem from past financial difficulties. People from such backgrounds might struggle with weight, have an aversion to wasting food, or develop poor eating habits.…CONTINUE READING

I can bet my 4kn balls that all these useless comments about the poor are coming from poverty stricken people on zooland. To be poor is never a bad things it's ones happiness that matters a great deal.most rich people I knew of, are fkn grumpy sadists who never even smiles nor could they engage themselves in a conversation that brings humor, they're damn fukin bastardzzz always looking for money, they never have a breathing not a relaxation space.

1 Like

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Quebec91(m): 7:18am On Nov 24, 2023
But you need fear women first.. very importanter
FuckingMachine:
7. Entitlement mentality

8. Lack of Appreciation

9. Belief in Juju

10. Competition

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Quebec91(m): 7:20am On Nov 24, 2023
You dey mind the op
Boyooosa:
All makes sense but item 2, how do you determine best part of a meal? undecided
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Quebec91(m): 7:20am On Nov 24, 2023
cheesy
Jahwinaboy:
Not all are true. Some are based on those olden days habits. Besides, a huge number of us from 90s backwards had similar backgrounds. How many rich families were there in the 80s,70s, 50s? You are indirectly mocking us all including yourself because either u, your family or grandparents were once poor. Even CR7, Mane, etc acknowledge they came from poor backgrounds but look at them now. RUBBISH POST
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by 4KNGOATS(m): 7:23am On Nov 24, 2023
4KNGOATS:

I can bet my 4kn balls that all these useless comments about the poor are coming from poverty stricken people on zooland. To be poor is never a bad things it's ones happiness that matters a great deal.most rich people I knew of, are fkn grumpy sadists who never even smiles nor could they engage themselves in a conversation that brings humor, they're damn fukin bastardzzz always looking for money, they never have a breathing not a relaxation space.

Am not commenting to condemn riches all am saying is that wealth is never the end of sadness,I've seen some rich folks commiting suicide due to lack of contentment or family related problem,not all rich people are happy. The crux of the issue is: The rich are meant to ASIST the poor know this and know peace

1 Like

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by caracas: 7:23am On Nov 24, 2023
E sure say at least 80% of the ppl commenting n making jest of the so called poor ppl were actually from poor families…. From their comments you will know…

1 Like

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by tiswell(m): 8:00am On Nov 24, 2023
Kharol1234:
😂🤣😂😂😂 no be lie the way my neighbour they take disturb me with music every morning na only God fit help me.
you are poor cos no rich man is a tenant.

So don't hang ya shoulders yet,you aren't better than ya noisy neighbors

1 Like

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Dminister(m): 8:56am On Nov 24, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Move out from there

Before they use envy and jealousy to woundinjure you
Sure I am moving out to a place where the people are on the same level as me.

1 Like

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Kharol1234: 9:05am On Nov 24, 2023
tiswell:
you are poor cos no rich man is a tenant.

So don't hang ya shoulders yet,you aren't better than ya noisy neighbors
I live In a room and palour selfcon. And my neighbour stays in a room who is poor between I and my neighbour?

Who na go just open mouth they claim intellectual whereas na rubbish who na they spill out.
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Tayorshd87: 10:16am On Nov 24, 2023
Lightway:
They love to Speak pidgin

They beleive that speaking English does not make one intelligent... yet they can't speak English properly

They believe in village people.

They think suffering is a flex... See, if I tell you how I suffered... That's their gist.

They think people that are rich are rich by grace. They don't understand the concept of intelligent work.

The kind of wife I married have these qualities
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by HellVictorinho6(m): 10:39am On Nov 24, 2023
Are u saying 1+1 cannot be 2 again?
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by MrSly(m): 11:20am On Nov 24, 2023
Beverlyjean:

I see u.. u are definitely one of them
Keep deceiving yourself. Ranting every where on naira land. Wanna be everywhere. [code][/code]
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by online4business: 12:14pm On Nov 24, 2023
Learn how money works plus

how to make yourself a welcome prophet will give you all the money you ever want in life.

Most important of all you can do it on your terms
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by orohbirodeysmel: 12:43pm On Nov 24, 2023
Tayorshd87:

That's the kind of wife I married and am looking for a way to leave with the 2 kids

Very sad indeed. Leave now you can cos when you get old and unable to hustle she's gonna turn your kids against you. And OYO go be your case. " No matter how far you have gone on the wrong road...you have to turn back the moment you discovered you are on the wrong path"

1 Like

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Caseless: 1:36pm On Nov 24, 2023
Domistar5:

2. Saving the Best for Last.

Leaving the best part of a meal for the end is a habit developed from the anticipation of scarcity. This way, the most enjoyable part is savored for longer.

3. Reluctance to Splurge.

Individuals who’ve experienced financial challenges might delay non-essential purchases, adhering to a “delayed shopping” rule to ensure they’re spending wisely.

4. Working Hard for Small Earnings.

Growing up knowing that consistent income is essential, even if meager, can create a fear of job loss. This fear motivates them to work hard to secure their livelihood.

5. Valuing Possessions.

Developing an attachment to personal belongings is a common trait among those who’ve had to work hard for what they own.

6. Yearning for Miracles.

People who haven’t experienced financial hardship may see winning the lottery or hambling as a way to attain happiness. Those who’ve faced destitution differentiate between urgent needs and unrealistic hopes for miracles.

Were you born into wealth?

Leaving the best for the last is not a sign of poverty, it's a misconception forced on you. It's even more cultural for us in this part of the world.

Sometimes, in order not to have a distraction in the taste bud, I focus on the food and end it with the animal protein as anything that got me on them first would not allow me to touch the food again. Some don't even eat meat and they're rich. So what do you say about that?
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 1:44pm On Nov 24, 2023
Caseless:

Leaving the best for the last is not a sign of poverty, it's a misconception forced on you. It's even more cultural for us in this part of the world.

Sometimes, in order not to have a distraction in the taste bud, I focus on the food and end it with the animal protein as anything that got me on them first would not allow me to touch the food again. Some don't even eat meat and they're rich. So what do you say about that?
It is nothing but poverty.

There are some countries that basic needs like food, clothing, shelter is no longer their problem.

What their concern is, is how make a significant impact that will attract recognition glabally, they just want to leave their mark on earth.

But in naija, majority over 95% are still battling to afford proper balanced diet grin😂🤣

I am not talking of garri in morning afternoon evening kind of diet.

I mean 3squared meals quality diet.
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Domistar5(f): 2:15pm On Nov 24, 2023
Caseless:

You all quoting me should relax. I got this from Opera News and decided to share.
I try to modify it by crediting the source but I can't do that since it already on front page.
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Caseless: 2:43pm On Nov 24, 2023
Domistar5:

You all quoting me should relax. I got this from Opera News and decided to share.
I try to modify it by crediting the source but I can't do that since it already on front page.

Edit it and put the link, else, people will keep thinking It's your own thought.

No time is too late to add the source of your story.
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Caseless: 2:44pm On Nov 24, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

It is nothing but poverty.

There are some countries that basic needs like food, clothing, shelter is no longer their problem.

What their concern is, is how make a significant impact that will attract recognition glabally, they just want to leave their mark on earth.

But in naija, majority over 95% are still battling to afford proper balanced diet grin😂🤣

I am not talking of garri in morning afternoon evening kind of diet.

I mean 3squared meals quality diet.
read the reasons they define poverty here again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

It Turns Me On Seeing My Wife Hurt, Sad Or In Pain / My Step-father Sneaked Into My Room And Made Love To Me / Indonesian Man Forced To Show Joystick To In-laws To Prove He Didn’t Kill Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.