Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,137 members, 7,829,066 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family (48578 Views)

The Cost Of Getting Married To A Poor Family / Have You Ever Slept Hungry To Prove A Point To You Wife That You Are Angry ?? / The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by starpower(m): 2:44pm On Nov 24, 2023
Hypemp3:

This doesn’t even make sense. Were you typing from the hole just beneath your buttocks?
Truth is bitter. Knew quite a lot of my colleagues who later empathize this being true with time. Not all but most. Not here to stop your own conclusions
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by starpower(m): 2:46pm On Nov 24, 2023
Bluffly:

Not necessarily regarding the perfume
. Other views permitted. When I was young we ain't well to do too but notice my wealthier friends, cousins and neighbors naturally smell good, even there stuffs like clothes so no need for too much scents and we from hustling our perfumes are too much. Many people perceive smell differently.
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by achimendy(m): 3:33pm On Nov 24, 2023
Beverlyjean:
THEY HATE ON THE RICH

Real talk.
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by achimendy(m): 3:38pm On Nov 24, 2023
Domistar5:
1. Concerns about Food Security: Constant worries about food and nutrition might stem from past financial difficulties. People from such backgrounds might struggle with weight, have an aversion to wasting food, or develop poor eating habits.…CONTINUE READING

2. Saving the Best for Last.

Leaving the best part of a meal for the end is a habit developed from the anticipation of scarcity. This way, the most enjoyable part is savored for longer.

3. Reluctance to Splurge.

Individuals who’ve experienced financial challenges might delay non-essential purchases, adhering to a “delayed shopping” rule to ensure they’re spending wisely.

4. Working Hard for Small Earnings.

Growing up knowing that consistent income is essential, even if meager, can create a fear of job loss. This fear motivates them to work hard to secure their livelihood.

5. Valuing Possessions.

Developing an attachment to personal belongings is a common trait among those who’ve had to work hard for what they own.

6. Yearning for Miracles.

People who haven’t experienced financial hardship may see winning the lottery or hambling as a way to attain happiness. Those who’ve faced destitution differentiate between urgent needs and unrealistic hopes for miracles.

I disagree with your number 3. I don't see how spending wisely has finally become a trait for those from poor homes.

I've seen those from rich homes that spend wisely.
So I think you're wrong on this one.
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Sleekfingers: 4:00pm On Nov 24, 2023
Domistar5:
1. Concerns about Food Security: Constant worries about food and nutrition might stem from past financial difficulties. People from such backgrounds might struggle with weight, have an aversion to wasting food, or develop poor eating habits.…CONTINUE READING

Leaving the best part of a meal for the end is a habit developed from the anticipation of scarcity. This way, the most enjoyable part is savored for longer.

Individuals who’ve experienced financial challenges might delay non-essential purchases, adhering to a “delayed shopping” rule to ensure they’re spending wisely.

Growing up knowing that consistent income is essential, even if meager, can create a fear of job loss. This fear motivates them to work hard to secure their livelihood.

5. Valuing Possessions.

Developing an attachment to personal belongings is a common trait among those who’ve had to work hard for what they own.

People who haven’t experienced financial hardship may see winning the lottery or hambling as a way to attain happiness. Those who’ve faced destitution differentiate between urgent needs and unrealistic hopes for miracles.

7. Eating excessively at parties. Even take extra home

8. Always angry when sees a well-to-do person

9. Always angry without any sensible reason

10. Always blaming others for their stupidity

1 Like

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by tiswell(m): 4:24pm On Nov 24, 2023
Kharol1234:
I live In a room and palour selfcon. And my neighbour stays in a room who is poor between I and my neighbour?

Who na go just open mouth they claim intellectual whereas na rubbish who na they spill out.
So one bedroom flat is now a rich man's apartment?

Na arrogance dey worry you
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Kharol1234: 4:26pm On Nov 24, 2023
tiswell:
So one bedroom flat is now a rich man's apartment?

Na arrogance dey worry you
Na the same they worry you.
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Gidigrav(m): 5:35pm On Nov 24, 2023
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by millionboi2: 8:31pm On Nov 24, 2023
Boyooosa:
All makes sense but item 2, how do you determine best part of a meal? undecided
I was suspecting op has a mental problem for saying that.
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by millionboi2: 8:40pm On Nov 24, 2023
ravensckar:
People from poor family always have opinion on how others should spend their money. You'll hear stuff like; 'That guy no just sabi spend money. Imagine renting an apartment of 1.2 million per year in this economy, it's too much'. cheesy cheesy

The moment I hear the above statement from somebody, I know for a fact that he/she is suffering from generational poverty. cheesy cheesy

It's only frustration that can cause an Engineering undergraduate to do his I.T in a Police Station. God abeg o.
if you have different idealogy of how money should be spent and say that it doesn't mean you are poor,e.g he spent the 1.2million in rent instead of building his own house.
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by millionboi2: 8:44pm On Nov 24, 2023
Britishpea:
Unnecessarily stingy and even stingy to themselves.

Every bad thing happening to them is attached to spirituality.

They might use tin to measure rice for their wives.

To them, buying ice cream at cold stone is a waste.

all economist are poor then
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by millionboi2: 8:45pm On Nov 24, 2023
Domistar5:

5. Valuing Possessions.

no 2 is making me suspect you might have a mental problem.
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Tayorshd87: 9:15pm On Nov 24, 2023
seanwilliam:
hmm can you expatiate pls

Aw ife that doesn't see ur success as happiness whenever u tell her about travelling abroad and what can be of more fruitful tomorrow she will feel bad and change d topic to something else or irrelevant things ..

A woman that see ur success as a bad belle to her etc infact I can't continue
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by DonroxyII: 9:14pm On Nov 30, 2023
Tayorshd87:

Aw ife that doesn't see ur success as happiness whenever u tell her about travelling abroad and what can be of more fruitful tomorrow she will feel bad and change d topic to something else or irrelevant things ..

A woman that see ur success as a bad belle to her etc infact I can't continue
I just Experienced Same Toxicity from One I wanna consider My Significant Patner .... But Me, I can be laughing with You But Gathering Evidence(Redflags) .... Once You are a Badbelle thinking The Successes of Your Man would take him away from You or You want me to be granting You Support You Can't Grant Me .. I will Comot Your Handle Sharpally !

She sees Successes As Bragging Meanwhile Most Highbrow Girls Before Her are all Joyous whenever we are sharing our Good & Odds of Life .....

Omoh, I Covertly Walked Away & Ghost Her in no time .... Thanks to American CIA/Counter-terrorism Movies I have watched ..... That's how you rolled Clandestine Ops(Black Ops) no time ... In & Out ... No Noise !

She is still wondering what Happened .. Before I entered into a Game with Stories that will damage my heart & Livers grin ..

On God Now !
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Eunoiaa(f): 7:33pm On Dec 10, 2023
PedoBear:
Nothing sucks like being poor and living in a shit hole

Was this a contributing factor to your depression InfectedEmbryo
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Tayorshd87: 1:15pm On Dec 16, 2023
DonroxyII:
I just Experienced Same Toxicity from One I wanna consider My Significant Patner .... But Me, I can be laughing with You But Gathering Evidence(Redflags) .... Once You are a Badbelle thinking The Successes of Your Man would take him away from You or You want me to be granting You Support You Can't Grant Me .. I will Comot Your Handle Sharpally !

She sees Successes As Bragging Meanwhile Most Highbrow Girls Before Her are all Joyous whenever we are sharing our Good & Odds of Life .....

Omoh, I Covertly Walked Away & Ghost Her in no time .... Thanks to American CIA/Counter-terrorism Movies I have watched ..... That's how you rolled Clandestine Ops(Black Ops) no time ... In & Out ... No Noise !

She is still wondering what Happened .. Before I entered into a Game with Stories that will damage my heart & Livers grin ..

On God Now !

Better bro

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

It Turns Me On Seeing My Wife Hurt, Sad Or In Pain / Indonesian Man Forced To Show Joystick To In-laws To Prove He Didn’t Kill Wife / Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.